• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 4,431 Views, 125 Comments

Time Bubbles - peppermint_twist



Derpy has had it with her time in Equestria, it's time for a change.....

  • ...
6
 125
 4,431

Copy

Derpy was running through a Graveyard, one that didn’t seem quite normal. The gravestones were spread really far apart for ponies. Odd. She halted. Why was she running in the first place? Why was she in a graveyard she’d never seen before? She shook her head. She just didn’t have the answers. She sat down. For some reason, she didn’t feel tired at all. She put her hoof to her chin and puted, sitting in a thoughtful position. She scratched her head.

Why was she like this? She shrugged. Her shoulders felt extremely light. She looked down at her hooves; she noticed that the grass was different. She couldn’t smell it at all or feel it. She noticed something else too, something that took her a while to process. She was transparent. Her once gray coat and blonde mane were now faded, extremely pale. She could see through herself, though there was still a tint of color.

What was the last thing she did? All she could remember was her falling asleep. Was this a dream? It seemed really real to her. If it was a dream, it would make sense to explore. She stood up and took off, flying.

Derpy didn't feel any wind on her face as she soared through the sky. She looked down at the tiny graveyard. It certainly seemed abandoned. She flew for about two more minutes when she noticed a few figures directly below her. Should she check or leave? She could see them, but could they see her? She might as well give it a shot.

She landed on the grass that she couldn’t physically touch. It felt weird landing on something you couldn’t feel. She glanced down again to make sure she landed on the grass. She trotted over to the scene. She shouted, “Hey! Can anypony see me-“, she stopped mid-sentence; her mouth was wide open.

There were creatures before her that she only knew because of Lyra. Lyra had such a good description that it was definitely them... Humans. There was a tall one, possibly male, considering the mane-cut. His mane was a dark chocolatey brown. He had a long, square chin (Lyra had shown pictures of what they were supposed to look like-the average creature). He had a beige jacket on with a pair of coffee brown pants. He was wearing a white shirt under the jacket, with a little red bow tie.

Bowtie, Derpy thought, Just like the Doctor,She shook her head. This couldn’t be the Doctor… or could it? He did talk about being human….

“The Doctor” was talking to two other ones. The first seemed female; her hair was a long, orange-red. Her face was a ghostly white and she had extremely long eyelashes and red lips. Make-up? Did they have that here? She wore quite fashionable clothes, clothes that a Canterlot pony would wear.

The other one looked older, considering that she had a few wrinkles. She had frizzy blonde hair, with a tint of brown underneath. She had red lips as well. She was wearing all black, it reminded Derpy of a burglar.

There was a thing next to them. It seemed to be a grey statue depicting a human. The only thing that was really different was that it had wings. Maybe humans had things like pegasi and unicorns too. Maybe the most common ones were earth ponies? Another noticeable thing about the statues was that they were all weeping. Its 'hands' were covering its face. The girl looked like she was crying too, tears streaking her face, causing the make-up to run.

The girl seemed to say goodbye to “the Doctor”. She walked up to one of the statues. She gave one last longing look to the sad man. She touched the statue and just disappeared. Maybe the statues were spiritual or something? Maybe they had magical qualities? She didn’t know.

The man looked over to a grave and burst into tears. What happened? Did it have to do with the girl? What was that stone grey statue? It was all extremely confusing. She felt like she was watching a movie and started at the end. The pegasus had no idea what was going on or what the story was. She galloped towards the man.

“It’s okay,” she murmured soothingly. She tried to place her hoof on his back, trying to comfort him. Her hoof just passed straight through his torso. No one could hear her, it was confirmed. She started to walk away when her vision blurred. Everything started to swirl up; everything around her was being sucked up into a tornado like power. The ground went up under her and she blacked out.

***

Derpy woke up panting. She stared at the ceiling for a while, pondering. What kind of dream was that? It felt so real, and yet, so far away. Whatever. She was tired. She tried to close her weary eyes and go back to sleep, when the grey pony heard the Doctor mutter, “No… no… don’t leave her... She needs you… you can’t just abandon her!”

The Doctor’s eyes opened very suddenly. His face was plastered with sweat. Derpy was staring directly into his deep blue eyes. She didn’t realize that she was right next to the Doctor, face to face, muzzles almost touching. She scooted away quickly, though the Doctor didn’t move a muscle. Derpy’s whole face turned a deep shade of pink.

“Um,” she stuttered, “Are you okay? You were muttering in your sleep and I thought...” she trailed away, lost in his deep blue eyes.

“Yes?” asked the Doctor.

She had been distracted by him again. Her pink turned an even darker red. “Uh, so, what were you dreaming about?”

His forehead creased. He rested his chin on his hoof. He really did sit like Lyra. “You,” he muttered.

Derpy felt like she was going to faint. The pony became extremely light headed as she began to sway. She felt extremely warm again. Beads of sweat ran down her forehead. Why was she doing this? “Oh, well, um… I think I dreamt about...” she paused. She beagan to sweat even more. “you,”

“I am intrigued. Let’s talk about this later though,” he exclaimed suddenly. The Doctor yawned and stretched, his bones creaking with every movement. He slapped a smile on his face, “Let’s eat!”

***

They gently walked down the stairs to the kitchen at Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie was already up, making breakfast for everypony.

“Good Morning!” shout-whispered Pinkie Pie. “The Cakes are still asleep so, shhhhh!”

Derpy yawned. “Thanks so much for letting us stay for the night!” she walked over to Pinkie. “What are you making?” she questioned groggily.

“Well I heard you two getting up, so I decided to make breakfast for us! I’m making grass pancakes!”

Derpy let her mouth drop hang open. Her tongue drooped out. Anything grass was good. “That’s amazingly nice of you Pinkie!”

“SHHHHH!” whispered the Doctor.

After breakfast, they left a note outside of the Cakes’ bedroom. It read:

'ear Mr. and Mrs. Cake,
Thank you SO much for letting us stay in your home over night. We thank you for your hospitality and kindness. We are extremely sorry if we caused any trouble. Let us know if we can repay the favor in any way, shape, or form.
Sincerely,
Derpy Hooves
The Doctor
P.S.
The chocolate cake was excellent!(Derpy wrote the entire thing- the Doctor couldn’t figure out how to hold the pencil with his teeth)

They waved goodbye to Pinkie Pie as they were walking out. “So, um, I guess you can stay at my place for now,” The Doctor just stared ahead. His head was up the clouds. “Um, so yeah,” she said awkwardly. He still didn’t notice. Derpy gave up. She led the Doctor to her home.

***

“So,” Derpy said, as she rummaged through her cupboard. It was mostly full of stale muffins. She sighed, didn’t she have anything else? She eventually discovered some bread that she had purchased a few days ago. “I have muffins…And bread. Oh, and I also have some grass outside,” she said with teeth clenched around the bread container.

The Doctor just kept staring at the wall in front of him. Derpy sighed heavily. She looked back at the doctor with moist eyes. Whatever. She walked out the back door. She clopped along, until she came across her small patch of grass.

It was barely any. It was about the size of an open book. She looked down at it glumly. It had barely enough for one sandwich. She looked over to Raindrops’ house. It had a huge garden of all sorts of vegetables.

She was deciding whether or not to ask Raindrops for some. She was her best friend, but… She had that flash again; that feeling going through her mind. It was the same as when the Doctor and she were with Bonbon and Lyra. She wanted to impress the Doctor however, at least make him something decent to eat other than muffins. She sighed. She trudged over to Raindrops house.

She quietly knocked her hoof on the door. There was no answer. She knocked a little louder. No response. She started continuously knocking the door. She started shouting, “RAINDROPS! ARE YOU HOME?” The Pegasus saw a flash of pale yellow in the corner of her eye. Soon, Raindrops was right next to her.

“Woah there!” Raindrops exclaimed. “Sorry Derpy, I was just checking up on you, I heard that you got caught up in the storm.”

Derpy started to break into a sweat. Did she see the Doctor? Did she talk to him? “Yeah, um, I was just coming to see if you had any grass I could borrow…” She trailed off, looking into the open kitchen window right behind Raindrops. She could see the caramel colored stallion staring into space. He seemed to be concentrating on something….

“Grass?” Raindrops wondered, breaking Derpy’s train of thought. “You never eat grass! Why, finally, you’re starting to eat a healthier diet! Well, healthier than those muffins I suppose,”

Derpy puffed out her cheeks. “Muffins are delicious! Why, I only want grass because there’s somepony at my house who probably doesn’t want my muff-“, she shut her mouth and looked around frantically. She said too much. Raindrops would soon become like Bonbon and Lyra.

“Somepony’s at your house? I’d like to meet them! I’ll go get some grass! I have bread too, if you want. Sandwiches! Oh yum! We can all have lunch together! Why, I’m starving! Why don’t you to come over in a little bit? “
There was no backing out of this. Derpy sighed, “We’ll be over in a little,”

Raindrops quickly ran into the door, her striking blue tail vanishing. Derpy trudged over to her front door and placed her hoof on it. She gave a light nudge and the door creaked open before her. She looked over at her guest, his deep blue eyes staring at the table, he was muttering to himself.

“Hello Doctor!” she greeted, “Sorry for the long wait! We’ll be eating with a friend of mine for lunch.”

He looked up at Derpy. He had an extremely serious look on his face. He plastered on a smile, though his eyes didn’t reflect it, and said, “Well, another friend? My, my Derpy, you are one popular girl! After lunch though… Could we talk about stuff?” He said in a lower tone, “In private?”

Derpy gave a slight nod, “Sure… But I’m not popular of any kind!” She laughed, trying to change the subject. She was starting to feel awkward and she didn’t like it.

“Shall we?” he asked

Derpy smiled, “Let’s,”

The stallion opened the door for her. He bowed his head down. Derpy couldn’t suppress a giggle. She led the way. Though it was only a few steps, she still enjoyed the time with the Doctor. He gave off a warm heat.
Derpy gently knocked on the door. “Raindrops? You there?”

“Right over here!” cried a voice from behind the door.

Derpy gently pushed open the door. There was an eerily quiet feeling in the house. “Hello?” her voice echoed.

Raindrops came out of the kitchen. “Hey best friend! Oh, and you brought a visitor! How nice,” she said, grinding her teeth.

Derpy narrowed her unfocused eyes. Something wasn’t right. “Are you feeling okay? You’re acting strange,”

The Doctor quickly pulled out the tool from his tie collar. He clenched it with his teeth as a green light shined from it. “Derpy,” He said hastily, putting the device back, “This pony doesn’t have the same readings as you, I’m not so sure…”

Muffled cries projected from the kitchen. “Why you,” the Raindrops imposter menacingly said. Its eyes closed as its coat started to change; first its head, then the rest of its body. It was now gray, except for the transforming mane. It was quickly turning from blue to the pale yellow of Derpy’s. It blinked its eyes a couple times, its now golden eyes unfocusing, and then snickered as Derpy looked into what seemed as her reflection. “Bye!” it cried, in Derpy’s voice. It started to gallop out of the door.

Derpy charged at it, spreading her wings out, she tackled the creature. “STOP COPYING ME!” she cried. “DOCTOR!” Derpy was pinned down. The creature was digging its hooves into Derpy’s soft coat.
The Doctor was nowhere to be found. “Mmm.” The doppelganger purred, “Finally a good snack!” It licked its lips. “You love him very much.”

Derpy’s vision started to blur. “Help,” she said in a whisper.

Derpy saw a pony figure, quickly approaching her. It had something trailing behind it. A weight was lifted off of her, as she was carried off. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears. She saw a brown head hovering over her, right before everything went black.