• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 5,001 Views, 224 Comments

The Traveller - Phxntxm



A new pony in ponyville?! That's never been done before!!

  • ...
11
 224
 5,001

Chapter 10

The first thing I heard as I woke up the next day was a very loud voice shouting “SURPRISE!” about five inches away from my face. My eyes shot open and I shouted out as a hoof instinctively lashed out towards the pink mare that had interrupted my beautiful sleep. It however connected with nothing as Pinkie Pie apparently teleported a couple feet to the side. I blinked as I tried to process how my hoof had missed her before sighing in relief that I actually didn't hit her.

She giggled then snorted before speaking, okay even though I was tired and cranky I've got to admit, that was kinda cute. “You're not supposed to hit a pony trying to throw you a party smarty. OOH THAT RHYMED, ah I crack myself up.” She smiled at the ceiling for a few seconds as I stared at her before dropping my head back onto the pillow in front of me.

“Go away it's too early for this!” I groaned out, voice muffled by the pillow.

I heard a gasp to my left where Pinkie Pie still stood, “It's never too early for a party grumpy pants! Now get up and have some fun!”

I felt myself enveloped by the familiar magic that I'd come to know so well and immediately started kicking out and groaning loudly in a feeble attempt to somehow get away from the accursed aura. A second later I was plopped on the ground in front of about thirty ponies, six of which included Twilight and her friends. When I found Twilight I scowled and stuck my tongue out, which only got me a good-natured grin.

“...soooo welcome to Pony-” The voice of a mare near the front of the crowd was stopped as the pillow I had next to me ended up covering her muzzle.

“No.” I muttered as my hoof gently set back on the ground next to me.

There was a moment of silence before Twilight stepped forward clearing her throat, “Phantom we always throw a welcome part for new-” she quickly found the pleasure of having a pillow chucked at her face as well.

“No.”

“Wait where did you get-oof!”

“No.”

Rainbow Dash now lay on the ground dramatically with the pillow covering her face. Her hoof lifted up in the air and she yelled out, “I'm hit! Pony down! Pony down! Avenge me you guys!”

I looked back at the rest of Twilight's friends and saw a huge mound of pillows laying next to them. Their wicked grins racked my body with a kind of adrenaline rush as I powered up my horn and an identical mound of pillows lay next to me. I stood up in a fighting stance with my head lowered and a glare on my face. “Bring it” I spoke out softly, not moving a muscle as my body tensed up in preparation.

I saw the pink mare in the group take in a deep breath before belting out, “PILLOW FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!” And the pillows went flying.

I let out a war cry as I took as many as I possibly could at once and flung them across the room at my enemies. I weaved and dodged as many more pillows than I could throw at once were being pelted right back at me, due to the severe outnumbering this war had. After a couple seconds of this one against six fight, the other ponies in the crowd apparently had gotten over their shock at this sudden outburst and joined in the fight. Some took my side and some took the others evening out the odds a little bit.

For about an hour all you could hear from the tree/house/library thing (I still hadn't figured out what I wanted to call it yet...) was shouting and a very loud “poof” noise all the time. After a while we collectively decided, probably because so many of us were exhausted, that when we were hit we would act as Rainbow Dash had and pretend to be dead. Eventually one mare stood tall while the rest were down, panting gently as she looked around at all of her fallen enemies and comrades.

She began to cackle loudly and shouted, “I am the victor! Nopony will doubt my might ever again and you will all bow down to me! Pinkamena Diane Pie!” She panted for a few more moments before bouncing in the air and speaking in her normal voice, “So do you want your cake now!?”

I jumped up excitedly and shouted “Yes!” before we both bounced into the kitchen. Which is a good thing because if the cake had been in same room we were just in then it probably would have been destroyed. The rest of the party quickly got up as well and followed us and we all oohed as we found a delicious looking carrot cake sitting on the kitchen counter.

“Well,” Twilight started “let's dig in guys!”

A collective “Yeah!” was what she got in response and I quickly leaped over and slammed my face into the left side of the cake. I heard a gasp behind me and heard Twilight shout out “No! I didn't mean it like that!”

All I gave in response was a soft “mmmmmm” as I chowed down on the side of the cake I had claimed as my own. Shortly after I lifted my face up and turned back to the group saying, “It's okay guys, I left you some.” I strutted over to the group and gave a smile which in response got a couple different reactions. Pinkie Pie snorted and then burst out laughing, Rainbow Dash did the same, Applejack just chuckled, Rarity had an aghast look on her face, Fluttershy just stared with wide eyes, and Twilight had a hoof planted against her forehead as she shook it in disbelief.

Everyone else just kind of sat there in shock, unsure of what to really do at this point. After a few moments Pinkie Pie snorted again before standing up, unable to really contain her giggles as she walked up near the counter that contained the once beautiful cake. “Don't worry guys, I have a backup cake.” She said as whipped out another identical looking cake and lay it next to the eaten one.

I let out a happy little gasp and jumped towards it before getting stopped in midair by that accursed magic, a whimper escaped my mouth as I feebly reached for the cake. Twilight set me down back next to her without saying a word and I just glared towards the cake as a couple ponies took it upon themselves to be the servers, and were getting plates ready for the rest of the ponies. I knew it was pointless to even try devouring more of the cake because Twilight was watching me, so I sat there grumbling as I refused to look directly at Twilight.

Eventually all the rest of the ponies got a piece of cake and were littered around the room eating happily, I even got an extra piece! Admittedly I probably didn't deserve another piece but I'm not gonna complain. As I looked around at the ponies around Twilight's home I smiled, feeling at peace as all the ponies were gathered around here to celebrate...erm...celebrate...

“WAIT,” I belted out. Everypony in the room stopped and turned to look at me and I glanced to my right when I heard coughing. Rainbow Dash was choking on her cake as Applejack at her misfortune. Oops...anyway I continued in a confused voice, “I don't even know what we're celebrating, why are you all here?”

I saw Twilight roll her eyes when she responded, “Well we were trying to tell you what the party was for before you starting pelting us with-don't you dare...put it down” Twilight glared at me as my hoof was raised with another pillow in it. I lowered my hoof silently and pouted, waiting for Twilight to continue. She waited a moment longer, probably to see whether or not I was thinking about throwing the pillow (which I wasn't! I promise!) before clearing her throat. “As I was saying, we throw a party anytime a new pony finds their way to Ponyville. It's Pinkie Pie's way of saying welcome, which is part of the reason I didn't want us to go meet her first, I wanted to let you get more accustomed to the place and us before we did. No offense Pinkie.”

Pinkie Pie turned around and looked over at Twilight with a piece of cake in both of her hooves and her cheeks bulging with a third piece, “Hmm?” She responded, unable to really speak. Twilight sighed and shook her head before looking back up at me, “I thought I mentioned that Pinkie was probably going to be planning a party?”

“Oh yeah you did mention that didn't you? Sorry all I heard was Pinkie Pie and I squealed and missed the rest of what you said.” I grinned apologetically.

“I said it twice.” Twilight deadpanned.

I tapped my chin with my hoof for a moment before saying, “Yeah I don't remember that, you're probably going crazy Twi.” I grinned happily at the mare as she facehoofed at me. Okay I've really gotta start keeping count of how many times she does that. That has to be in the double digits now. I gasped as I realized something, “Wait so all these ponies are here for me? That's...amazing, I don't even know most of you guys! Thanks!”

“Any friend of Pinkie's is a friend of ours!” a mint-green unicorn in the crowd said.

The rest of them nodded their heads in agreement and I felt myself tear up with joy. I've never, ever, had ponies be this nice to me before. It was a little bit overwhelming and all I could do was sit there and softly thank them again.

Pinkie Pie bounced over and sat down in front of me, “Hey no tears! We're here to have fun! Let's play some games!” I smiled and nodded as I wiped my eyes clear. She smiled and gave me a hug and I swear I heard a couple “Daww's” from the crowd. After we parted she suggested a couple games for everyone to vote on to play. I just sat there listening to everypony in the room and felt pure joy. I looked over at Twilight who was watching me with a smile on her face and I grinned back in response.

The rest of the party was spent playing simple games, and I learned a little bit about everypony there. I even learned a little bit more about Twilight's closest friends and was happy to admit to myself that I was able to call them friends of my own. When the thought crossed my mind I couldn't stop beaming for the rest of the party.

I noticed I was subconsciously sticking close to Twilight throughout the welcoming party, but I payed it no mind, just thinking it was probably because she was the one I felt the most comfortable with so far. I don't think she minded though, every time she looked at me it was with a soft smile.

The party was the best I'd ever been to, and that's not just because it was the only party I'd ever been to. I will definitely admit that Pinkie Pie knows how to throw parties.