• ...
28
 309
 20,117

Chapter three : First encounter

----------------------
// Story: PROTOTYPE Equestria
// Chapter three : First encounter
// Author: Azzazel
//-----------------------------

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter three

Inside the Canterlot Palace princess Celestia and her sister Luna were attending a meeting about problems with the economic system. Luna was holding back a yawn and Celestia was doing her best trying to stay awake. A light brown unicorn with gold mane and tail and a jeweled crown for a cutie mark ,was speaking in a monotone voice that bored the princesses even more. Before they could fall asleep a letter materialized in front of princess Celestia who motioned for the unicorn to take his leave , he bowed and walked out the room. Luna gave a big healthy yawn before stretching her wings. She then turned to her sister and said :

''Tia that was the most boring meeting I have ever attended , being banished on the Moon was more interesting than that!''

Her sister chuckled as she unfolded the letter and began reading it , a look of concern appeared once she finished .

''Has something happened dear sister?''

''It seems a large object fell from the sky in the Everfree forest causing a disturbance, Twilight and the other elements went to investigate .''

''So when do we leave big sis ?''an excited princess of the night spoke.''And I know what your going to say , but I simply cannot stand another meeting and this seems like a perfect opportunity to take the day off .''

Celestia dreaded the thought of another boring meeting and nodded approvingly.

''Perfect we should get captain Silver Mane and Golden Beam to accompany us. We can wait for the elements to return at the entrance and after were done we can finally head to a spa!''

''Oh Luna.''

***********

Six ponies were gathered at the edge of the forest , they felt a number of emotions : fear , anxiety , doubt all mixed with excitement , needless to say they were reluctant to enter the unnatural forest . As they stared at the cluster of trees Twilight decided to break the silence ''Is *gulp* everypony ready?'' the group nervously nodded .

The forest was dense ,light barely entering trough the thick leaves. The path was narrow and strange sounds could be heard from withing the forest . The journey was uneventful and aside from the usual complain about dirt it was peaceful .

''Ugh Twilight I can't take this anymore , we've been walking for over an hour and my hooves are killing me , if we don't reach that place soon I'm taking to the sky !''

''Calm down sugarcube were all pretty worn out but ah reckon we'll be there soon.''

''Twilight darling even though I don't agree with RainbowDash's outburst she does have a point , how much longer do we have to go?''

''About ten minutes or so ,we should be seeing a change in scenery pretty soon!''

**********

A tall dark figure was standing on the highest pile of metal and debris looking around taking in its surroundings , the scent of blood and death didn't bother him it was all to familiar , he looked at the scene around him : twisted metal , crushed bodies and blood spills on the walls and floor '' Good thing I'm indestructible.'' He grinned. Alex stretched a bit getting a feel of he's new body, it was different from his other regeneration's : lighter , stronger . He looked up at the sky noticing the black vortex as it began to fade ''So it wasn't a black hole , those morons probably think I'm dead !'' He smiled evilly ''Good that means my work is done , now to find a way out of this forest and back to Dana.''

As he turned around he noticed a weird tail on the metal floor , he picked it up examining it ''What in the world ...'' It was a giant scorpion tail ''This can't be right.'' Alex's eyes began to glow a faint yellow as he eyed the tail once more ''No hint of genetic manipulation , its natural .''He tossed it aside having more important things on his mind , carefully he began looking for signs of civilization . Something in the distance caught his attention , he walked to the edge of the floor to get a closer look ''Looks like a village , about 5 miles north shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Hmm I wonder what happened to the town while I was gone.''

*The giant crash from earlier that day killed various animals , flying debris and metal parts also claiming lives . Animals began giving the place a wide berth . The miasma of death filling the air however had different effects on some carnivores , sending some into a blind rage and some towards the source.*

Six tired ponies were approaching the crash site not really noticing their surroundings.Sun was being reflected from some metal parts getting the ponies attention signaling that they were approaching their goal.The smell in the air only being noticed by a purple dragon.

''You guys smell that ? Its getting stronger and I don't recognize it !''

He was ignored and they entered the clearing ,the scene around them sending shivers down their spine. Some of the the trees were uprooted and in the middle of the clearing , embedded in the ground stood a weird combination of twisted metal and broken walls . The highest part of it reaching almost 50 feet . The ponies mouth hung agape at the scene before them as they eyed the weird structure .They began examining the debris circling the site. They looked around searching for anything out of the ordinary.A good amount of time later something caught the attention of the purple pony leading the group. Plastered on a metal wall was a strange emblem.

As they examined the emblem a familiar figure leaped from it's vantage point not bothering looking down.

*CRASH!!!*

Something hit the ground at high speeds just 10 feet away from the ponies , creating a crater and gaining the attention of six terrified mares and a dragon.As the dust began to settle the ponies noticed a dark figure slowly rising .

Alex looked around noticing six brightly colored horses and a lizard ''What the fu...'' he was interrupted as one of the ponies yelled:

''MONSTER !''A pink pony screamed.

''Quick RUN !''A purple unicorn spoke.The group complied and started running back towards the path.

''Ok...''He muttered as he saw the group running like crazy. ''So I get sucked trough a worm-hole into a world with pastel colored horses that can talk ...*sigh*Seems legit .'' He thought to himself wondering if he was finally going insane.However his train of thought was interrupted by large thumps coming from the direction the horses were headed meaning something big was coming his way.Unfazed about what was coming Alex began examining the weird creatures , he noticed that two of them had wings , two others had horns and one of them was wearing a cowboy hat. 'Its like something from a Disney fairy-tale.'

He thought, looking back at the group that was heading straight for whatever was coming. The group's advance was halted by a four-headed monster with blood-lust in its eyes. 'Ok,so its a grim fairy-tale.'He thought once more looking back at the horses noticing them being pushed into a dead end. Alex watched the scene in front of him as the four-headed freak closed in on it's prey,he snapped back from his thoughts when he heard:

''Twilight get us out of here !'' A cyan pegasus yelled.

''I CAN'T I don't have enough power !''Twilight yelled back.

RainbowDash stood by her friends looking at the approaching beast.The groups eyes widened filled with tears as the baby dragon fainted on Twilight's back.

''*sigh* What a drag but I guess I need some warm-up ,might as well make a good impression while I'm at it !'' He smiled to himself as he sprinted towards the beast .Nearing his target he jumped in the air reaching the beasts height with ease.

''Been an honor knowing you guys .'' Applejack said sobbing . The group pulled into hug as they watched the beast approaching . Just before they closed their eyes they heard a voice yell .

''HEY UGLY !''

The beast turned it's heads around , only to be greeted by Alex who did a spin kick in mid-air connecting to one of the Hydras heads. The kick easily broke the cranium ,the force of the hit sending it into another head.The beast stumbled sideways away from the ponies trying to regain it's balance . The group was shocked seeing the giant beast so easily defeated. Alex landed in front of the ponies he's gaze still locked onto the four-headed monster.He turned his head at the ponies saying :

''Hey you , do me a favour and go hide somewhere so I can take care of this minor nuisance !''

''Y-you can talk ?'' the purple pony said.

''Yeah now get moving ,you will only get in my way !''Alex demanded.

''R-right l-let's get moving .''She hesitantly obeyed motioning the group to follow her as they walked behind some metal wall.

The beast regained its balance with one of its heads down and another heavily bleeding .It became enraged letting out a powerful roar as it charged Alex as fast as it could . All three heads lunged at him , Alex jumped at the last second and ran up the beast's neck . Reaching the base of the neck Alex punched trough the skin straight to the bone and snapped its spine .

Another head fell to the ground , the remaining heads quickly spun and tried to bite Alex , he backflipped with ease out of harms way leaving the beast to bite its own back.It shrieked in agony Alex just smiled and said ''That all you got?''
All the ponies except for Fluttershy were watching the fight from safety as they saw another head fall to the ground.They began talking amongst themselves .

''That is so awesome did you see the way it moves ?!''An excited pegasus said .

''That thing is stronger than anything I've ever seen I mean its taking down that Hydra like its nothing!''The cowpony added.

''Um I think its a 'He' Applejack...''Fluttershy corrected still cowering behind the metal wall.

''I'm just glad he's on our side or we'd be done for!''Twilight continued.

''Yes I'm very impressed , and those clothes I've never seen anything like them!''Raity joined.

''I wonder if he likes parties?''Pinkie asked getting weird looks from the rest of the group.

''What ?I think it would be a nice gesture after this is done.''The group shrugged and went back to watching the fight.

Alex avoided the enraged animal's attacks with ease, its moves getting sloppier with each swing.The Hydra lunged one of its heads forward in an attempt to catch its target , Alex simply side-stepped and punched the back of the beast's skull penetrating the bone and killing the head.
The fight had dragged on long enough''Time to end this.'' He said as he jumped backwards a few times and stood still.

''What is he doing ,he's just standing there?!'' Twilight asked.

''Ah don't know but I think he wants to finish the fight!''Applejack responded.

The Hydra's last head opened its mouth and proceeded to bite its prey.Alex grinned and stayed motionless,
the head bit down as hard as it could but the mouth simply stayed open , a stronger force continuing to spread the jaws farther apart.

Alex used his powerful arms to keep the beast's jaws open and placed a foot in its mouth straining the jaw muscles even more. It struggled as hard as it could but it couldn't break free from the runners grasp.An evil smile appeared on Alex's face.

Applejack's eyes widened as she realized what he was doing and yelled ''Everypony look away NOW!''As she pulled all of her friends from the scene that was about to happen.

''Applejack what's the big deal I want to see him finish that thing!''An annoyed pegasus voiced her mind.

''Yeah Applejack whats wrong?''Twilight asked a bit annoyed herself.

''You don't want to see this trust me !''Applejack answered.

''What do you me...''Rarity was interrupted by the sound of a sickening crack followed by an audible thump.

The last of the heads fell to the forest floor but not before having a fang removed by Alex as a trophy and placed inside his jacket.The group came out of hiding and saw the strange creature using one of the heads as a makeshift stool.The group nervously made its way to the creature that was looking in the distance . Twilight Sparkle was the first to approach trying to muster the courage to speak. Alex noticed that the horse was nervous , he smiled and said :

''Enjoy the show?''

''Erm I...''Twilight stumbled trying to find the right words.

With that a cyan pegasus flew up to his face and said in excitement ''That was AWESOME! You defeated a Hydra by yourself nopony has ever managed that!'' RainbowDash was beaming with excitement.

Alex was a bit surprised at the pony's reaction and said ''I'm not a pony and you are?'' He asked a hint of curiosity in his voice.

''My name is RainbowDash and I'm the fastest flyer in Equestria .''She boasted pumping her chest forward.''More importantly who are you and what are you?!'' she continued .

Alex was a bit amused by this RainbowDash and said ''My name is Alex Mercer and I'm a human or if you want to get technical on the species homo sapiens sapiens.''He extended his hand.

Rainbow looked at it for a few seconds examining it , it was very different from a hoof ,it had claw like appendages sorta like a dragon's claw but with no scales. ''Pleased to meet you Alex.'' She extended her hoof and his hand wrapped around it .It was a warm soft sensation , gentle but firm at the same time , he shook it a few times and let go . He then jumped down and looked at the other ponies .

''M-my name is Twilight Sparkle and I want to thank you for saving us .''Twilight said nervously .

''Your welcome and you can relax I'm not gonna bite.''He smiled."And by the way whats with the purple lizard on your back?''

She turned her head to see the purple dragon still on her back ''Oh , this is Spike and he's not a lizard he's a baby dragon, and don't worry he just passed out from the shock.''She looked back at Alex who was deep in thought.

''Wait...dragon? That reminds me, were the heck am I ?''He asked suddenly realizing that he may not be on Earth anymore.

''You're in the Everfree forest in the land of Equestria, why? ''She noticed him deep in thought.

''Great I'm stuck in another world ,*sigh* how convenient.''He wasn't too shocked knowing the instability of the weapon Black-watch tried to use.

''Ok...Well let me introduce you to my other friends: This is Rarity.''She pointed at the purple maned unicorn.

''Charmed I'm sure.''

''AppleJack .''She pointed at the orange pony.

''Howdy.''

''Fluttershy...Err Fluttershy you can come out now he's not gonna harm us , *sigh* Applejack could you get Fluttershy please , I'm sorry Alex she's just shy.''She said with a hint of embarrassment .'' And this is PinkiePie .''She pointed at a pink pony that was grinning from ear to ear.

''Hi I'm PinkiePie, and I like party's do you like party's?Also I throw the best party's in all of Equestria .Oh that reminds me we need to throw a big party just for you since you defeated that hydra and saved us from getting eaten , and since your new in Equestria *gasp* and that means you don't have anyfriendsandthatssadandpratyisthebestwaytomakenewfriends! ''She said in one breath and kept bouncing .Alex was a bit disturbed by the pink pony's outburst , he shrugged it off and asked.

''Is she always like this ?''

''Just when she meets new ponies.''Twilight said. A moan from behind her getting her attention,a certain baby dragon was waking up .

''Ugh...Twilight?Where ,where are we ?''The purple dragon was coming to.''I remember ...THE MONSTER , THE HYDRA...''His eyes shot open and noticed Alex standing there grinning with the dead beast behind him.''W-what happened...''Spike manage to mutter still in shock at the scene in front of him.

''Spike this here is Alex and he saved us from the Hydra!''Twilight said in excitement.

''W-wow , What magic did you use?''The purple dragon said eyes widening as he looked at the figure in front of him. He just noticed how big he really was, Twilight's head barely reaching its chest .He smiled and said.

''I didn't , as for that 'Hydra' I can't say it was exactly challenging .''He smiled with pride.

The group's jaws hit the floor at what he said .Twilight tried to speak but Alex continued .

''Wait, so this world has magic...''He asked but before continuing something got his attention, his eyes started glowing a faint blue and started looking around.''We should get moving before any other flesh hungry freaks show up.''

''R-right we should leave for Ponyville , and why are your eyes glowing?''Twilight asked.

Alex turned off his thermal vision and said''One of the perks of being me .''Alex smiled.

''B-but did you really had to kill it ?''Applejack asked.

''With that kind of blood-lust in its eyes I doubt it would have stopped even after it finished you off.''He said casually."And I don't suppose you could help me get back would you ?I need to find out what happened to the city after that worm-hole opened.''He continued.

''The what now?''Asked Twilight.

''The black portal in the sky trough which that came trough ''he said pointing at the ruble and debris'' What you see there is part of the city and I don't know how much that portal sucked in !''

''Erm maybe the princesses could help you ...Oh that reminds me Spike take a note we need to report what we found!'' Twilight said in excitement .

''Fascinating , now lets move I'm sure you can write while you walk!''He said .

''Sorry, let's get moving .''

Twilight and the group walked with Alex for a while asking him what happened , how he got there , they also asked about his world and how they managed without magic .Twilight sent her letter and joined the conversation . He explained as best as he could,leaving out the gory details and the fact that he's a genetic weapon of mass destruction, plus various other elements regarding his lif.

*20 min after arriving at the edge of the forest :

The princesses laid at the forest entrance awaiting the elements of Harmony .Luna was getting frustrated and was about to speak her mind when a scroll materialized in front of her sister which she began to read out loud. The ponies were shocked at what she read .

''A-a Hydra ?Single hoofedly ? That's impossible !''Said SilverMane a light blue unicorn with silver mane and tail.

''I doubt the elements of Harmony would lie captain !''Celestia spoke softly.

''Yes,I'm quite excited at meeting a creature from another world !''Luna said almost bouncing.

''But what if he's dangerous I mean they said he took down a Hydra and barely broke a sweat.''A slightly worried lieutenant said . He was a grayish pegasus with light yellow mane and tail known as GoldenBeam.

''Lieutenant are you implying we can't take care of ourselves ?''Luna asked jokingly.

''Of course not...''The embarrassed pegasus said.

''Besides he saved Twilight and her friends we can safely assume he will be friendly.''Celestia spoke.

''Shouldn't we send a message back big sister ?They might get startled.''Said Luna.

''Oh no and besides I want to surprise my little ponies.''Celestia spoke.

*10 min from the forest entrance a runner was bored and let out a healthy yawn before speaking .*

''Ok I think I get the point and it seems were almost out .''Alex felt something was up and used his thermal vision to notice four heat signatures waiting at the exit before saying ''Say Twilight is someo...er pony waiting for us ?''.

''No ,why?''Twilight asked with a hint of concern.

''No reason.''He smiled .As he and the group approached the exit Alex had slipped behind unnoticed by the group who were relieved to finally be out.The runner smiled as he circled the forest exit 'Time for a little surprise.'


End chapter three
_____________________________________________________________________


Authors note : damn that took longer than I expected , I also have no idea when the next chapters coming out. Sorry no prof read this time , please excuse and point anything out of line .