• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 16,772 Views, 514 Comments

The Spell to Happiness - ScientistTrixie



When Twilight discovers an invisibility spell, she finds out some interesting news about Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
37
 514
 16,772

Chapter 10

Twilight was flying, her hooves skimming over the clouds below her, her marefriend at her side. Her wings were stretched outwards, her muscles flexing as she pumped herself higher and higher into the sky. She banked left and right, her body swaying against the wind as the clouds flew by, wind whistling in her ears as her mane waved behind her. She glanced to her side just as Dash dove at her, tackling her out of the sky and onto a cloud, the soft fluff below her softening the impact.

“Twilight...I want you…” Rainbow moaned with lust.

Twilight groaned as Dash pinned her against the cloud, her mouth placing kisses all over her body. Each kiss she placed sent an electric thrill down Twilight’s body.

“Twilight!”

Rainbow kissed further down, grinning up at the unicorn above her as she slowly pushed her marefriend’s legs slowly apart with her hooves. She kissed the insides of Twilight’s thighs, wrapping her hoof in her tail.

“WAKE UP, TWILIGHT!”

“Calm down, Dashie…” Twilight whispered groggily, looking into Rarity’s eyes. Twilight blinked a few times in confusion, her mind catching up quickly. “Wait…Rarity?”

She sat up, her secluded cloud instantly becoming her bedroom, and saw a white unicorn glaring at her from beside her bed. Twilight stared at her blankly, the gears in her mind grinding to a halt.

“Honestly dear, it's past lunch time. I can't believe you’re still asleep... and not even showered after your... late night activities.” Rarity sniffed, giving the unicorn a pointed look. Twilight cocked her head, giving the unicorn a confused expression.

“Come now darling, you sleep past lunch, you smell of sweat, and your mane is simply a wreck.” The fashionista said, her hoof pointing at the various signs. Twilight stared, her jaw dropping as she realized what Rarity was insinuating.

“Oh wait, you think we had sex!?” Twilight yelped, disbelief on her face. Her cheeks burned red as she remembered her dream from moments ago. “It wasn't like that at all, Rarity! Princess Celestia gave me a tweaked version of the spell I used to give you wings, so I was out late last night flying with Rainbow.”

Rarity just lifted a brow, nodding slowly as she smiled at the unicorn. “It's none of my business to pry into your personal affairs, Twilight. You and Rainbow are free to do whatever you like, but I just think that it's a little early for a mare such as yourself to be... physical. Anyways, I came here,” She said, speaking over Twilight's weak protests. “To invite you to come to the bar with me and the rest of our friends. We haven't seen much of you and Rainbow lately, so it would be nice if we could all have a night out together.” She sat down on her haunches, waiting serenely as Twilight glared at her.

“I don't know, Rarity. I need to spend some time in the library, I haven't been paying nearly as much attention to my books as I should ha...” She trailed off as Rarity narrowed her eyes.

“Rainbow has already agreed to come with us.”

“Well, I guess it won't hurt anypony if I step out for a few hours tonight.” Twilight said, avoiding the smug grin on Rarity's face as she examined her hoof. “What time will we be leaving?” She asked, arching her neck to glance in the mirror across the room.

Rarity glanced outside, her eyes examining the sun's position.

“Hmmm…I'd say we'll be leaving just after dinner, so it seems that you have a few hours. I'll be back to pick you up after dinner.” Rarity said as she stood and trotted over to the door.

Twilight sighed, stretching her hooves as she got out of bed. She trotted into her bathroom, giggling as she examined her messy mane in the mirror. Her horn aglow with magic, she turned her shower on, the warm water filling the bathroom with steam.

Several minutes later, she stepped out of the shower, her mane hanging limply down her back. Her horn glowed again as she drew all of the water out of her mane and into a condensed ball of water. She levitated it over to the sink and released her magic, letting the water pour down the drain. She shook her mane over her shoulder and trotted down the stairs, humming a little tune to herself.

“Good afternoon, Twi!” Spike greeted her, a smile on his face as he gripped an amethyst in his tiny claws.

“Hey, Spike!” She smiled fondly at the baby dragon, her eyes glancing around the library. She frowned as her tail brushed a bookcase, a thin layer of dust sweeping into the air.

“When's the last time we cleaned the library?” She asked, examining the bookcases around her.

Spike swallowed his jewel and tapped a claw against his chin as he thought.

“I believe it was before you and Rainbow Dash started dating?” Spike said, chuckling at the mare's dumbstruck expression.

Twilight glanced at the sun, mentally gauging the time as she turned to Spike.

“Well, tonight the girls and I are going to a bar, but right now you and I are gonna clean this place!” She exclaimed, already pulling books from the cases with her magic. Spike sighed as he fell into the familiar activity, quickly climbing the cases that were devoid of books and sweeping them with the duster.

Even though they worked quickly, the activity took them quite a few hours, and before Twilight knew it, it was almost time for Rarity to meet her. She thanked Spike for his help, levitating a large ruby in front of him that she had been saving for him. He giggled happily as he jumped for the jewel, his claws scraping the bottom of the gem as Twilight levitated it just out of his reach.

She shrieked in surprise as Spike lunged at her, his claws bared. She squeezed her eyes shut, and laughed as the baby dragon relentlessly tickled her underside. She ran around the room, Spike clinging to her side as he ran his fingers across her fur, finding all her ticklish spots, the mare snorting with laughter.

She released the jewel, panting slightly as Spike picked it up and walked away smugly, the red gem grasped in his tiny claws. As he walked away, she grabbed a nearby book and had just sat down with it when somepony knocked on the door.

“Spike! Can you get that?” She asked as she opened the book. She ignored Spike's grumbling as he made his way over to the door and opened it. Judging from Spike's silence, Rarity was standing at the door.

“Hi, Rarity!” Twilight greeted her friend, her nose buried in a book as her fellow unicorn entered the library.

“Hello Spikey wikey. Twilight, are you... Why aren't you ready?” Rarity asked, her voice taking a concerned edge to it. “You’re not skipping out on us, are you dear?”

“Wha… No; I am ready!” Twilight said, giving herself a once over.

Rarity's eyes grew wide, and her tail twitched back and forth. “You. Will. Not. Go. Out. In. Public. Like. That.” She said through gritted teeth, her eyes sparkling as she approached the scared unicorn. Fear washed over Twilight, the hair on her nape standing on end as the unicorn advanced.

Twilight stood, the book she had been levitating fell to the ground as she slowly backed up, her flank bumping into the bookcase behind her. Rarity stepped closer, her horn aglow as she effortlessly lifted the lavender unicorn into the air. Twilight yelled, her own horn blazing as she broke Rarity's hold, her hooves fighting for purchase on the floor as Rarity grabbed her by the tail.

“Spike! HELP ME!” She screamed, her eyes wide with terror as Rarity dragged the unwilling pony up the stairs, her hooves grabbing at any hoof hold she could find. “She's gone crazy! Sweet Celestia, Spike, snap out of it!”

Spike was still in a daze next to the door, his eyes half-lidded as he stared at Rarity, his tongue rolling out of his mouth.

Several minutes later, after giving Twilight her best makeover, the fashionista unicorn turned Twilight so that she was facing the mirror. Twilight gasped, her eyes going wide as she stared at the mare in the mirror.

It was obviously her, but the changes that the fashionista had made were amazing. Twilight’s mane hung down her shoulder; glitter making it sparkle with life. Her eyes popped with a hint of eye shadow, giving the mare a dignified, but sexy look.

“I look amazing, Rarity. Thank you so much!” Twilight squealed in delight, grinning as she imagined Dash's expression.

Rarity nodded, smiling at the ecstatic unicorn. “Well dear, I just thought you might want to look your best for your marefriend.” She said, bumping Twilight with her flank as they descended the stairs.

“I'm heading out for a while, Spike. Can you watch the library for me?” Twilight asked, grinning at the dumbstruck look on the dragon’s face.

“Uh... yea.” Spike said, his mouth hanging open as he looked between the two beautiful ponies. Twilight giggled at Spike’s reaction as the pair of ponies trotted out of the library. Twilight glanced up at the stars, smiling as the moon twinkled in the night sky, throwing a beautiful silver glare across the world.

They walked through the streets of Ponyville and made their way down a side road that Twilight hardly ever ventured down. As they neared a large building with several neon signs in the windows, a green flash caught Twilight's attention. She turned, glancing down a small side alley next to the club. She stepped forward, lowering her head to examine the small green flames licking at the grass beside the building.

"Twilight dear, the entrance is over her." Rarity called, breaking Twilights focus. She turned, glancing at Rarity before returning her gaze to the grass. However, the fire was already gone. She frowned, her feet clopping over the dirt as she returned to her place beside Rarity.

Rarity glanced at Twilight, smiling at her as they entered the club. Twilight blinked a few times, scanning the packed club before her. She saw her friends sitting in one of the corners, and she giggled as she saw Rainbow Dash floating in the air, arguing with Applejack. Beside her sat Fluttershy, who was timidly watching the argument through a gap in her pink mane. Across from them sat Pinkie Pie, the party pony vibrating with excitement. Twilight and Rarity trotted over, and as they approached the table, Twilight wrapped her magic around Rainbow, flipped her over, and levitated her over to her.

Dash squeaked in fear at the sudden loss of control, her eyes flying wide in surprise as she realized that she couldn’t move, and then she suddenly came to a stop at eye level with her marefriend. Twilight giggled, and tenderly kissed the surprised pegasus before releasing her. Dash flapped her wings, righting herself as she playfully glared at the unicorn. She landed next to Twilight, and the three made their way to the table.

Twilight greeted the rest of her friends and sat down. Using her magic, she lowered the noise around them, dropping the music from an ear-shattering level to background noise level. She smiled, her eyes sweeping over her friends as Pinkie waved for a round of drinks. A server stepped forward with a tray of drinks levitating behind him. He floated a tall glass in front of each mare and left without a word.

Twilight lifted her glass, and smiled as her friends did the same. Together her friends toasted, the clinking of glasses ringing throughout the booth.

“To friendship!” They cheered together, while Dash and Twilight added, “And new relationships.”

The five friends threw back their drinks, while Fluttershy sipped on hers. The drink burned going down Twilight's throat, causing her eyes to water slightly. Dash giggled at her expression, smiling as she finished her own glass.

Twilight set her empty glass down on the table, and then Pinkie leaned forward, a devilish grin on her face, and asked, “So, did ya'll really buck last night?”

Twilight turned beet red as Dash’s eyes suddenly went wide. Their friends broke out in laughter, giggling at Dash and Twilight's reactions.

“PINKIE!” Twilight shouted, glaring at the giggling mare.

Pinkie suddenly slapped her hoof down on the table, cutting off all laughter as everypony looked at her. She stared at Twilight with one eye half-closed as she pointed at her, and asked, “Was she better than me?”

Twilight stared at the earth pony, her eye twitching slightly as her friends burst into laughter again. She slapped a hoof over her face once she realized it was a joke, and she joined the rest of her friends in merry laughter.

Author's Note:

A/n: As of 8/13/2013 Chapter 10 is now edited, and will no longer be changed beside spelling and grammar mistakes.