• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 4,631 Views, 254 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia, What if? - djElectrOctavia



Letters from Twilight Sparkle to the Princess, involving What If questions.

  • ...
22
 254
 4,631

What if I died?

Dear Princess Celestia,

What if I died? I've been on many a mission which could've ultimately resulted in my death. What would happen to the other bearers of harmony? What would my friends feel like? How would Spike cope? How would you feel?

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

It has been many a month since your last question letter, and I was hoping for it to be not as morbid as this. Your death would severely hinder Equestria's scientific progress. You were the most powerful unicorn in Equestria, and will be for many a century, now you are simply the most powerful magician in Equestria. Anyway, now you're a princess I would expect you to be busy, but you don't need to fear about death. Hitmares are only in the old stories, where the land was corrupted. You're totally safe with your guards anyway.

If such did happen, which it won't, they would go into a long term of grieving, and Equestria would most likely crumble. Threats are always around, and without you, they can't stop the big guns. I feel that your second and third question are the same, so I'll keep this short. Your friends won't be able to do anything and they would go into a lifetime of paranoia.

Spike would not cope at all for the first hundred years of your death. Dragons live a long time, and to have his feelings destroyed at such a young age would devastate his future. Instead of a jolly, bouncy dragon such as he, there would be a lonely, emotionless being. I even see a chance of suicide, but that is unlikely.

I don't like to talk about my feelings very much but I know that I would feel devastated too. I am Equestria, thus I would crumble. An eternity of mourning upon a field of a burning Equestria would be all that's left - if you were assassinated or killed in battle. If you were not transformed, your death of age would bring much mourning, but not so much devastation.

Princess Celestia.

P.S Don't send any more morbid ones. I can't spend all my money on tissues.

Author's Note:

Hahah, every monday. Yeah right. I'm actually working on a Far Cry 3 + Pony fanfic, so be prepared! If you don't know anything about Far Cry 3, I suggest you buy the game or watch someone like Tobuscus play it. Be warned, there is swearing and Toby actually sucks at playing that game. The first 10 episodes or something, he still hasn't STARTED the first mission. Oh yeah, I cried whilst writing this ;)

Comments ( 48 )

That's okay. Monday was April Fools Day, anyway.

Here's one for you:

What if Starswirl's spell didn't work from the start? (I mean in the fact that the cutie mark NEVER got changed in the first place)

Just an idea.

~Skeeter The Lurker

What if we banged? What fetishes do you have?

...Shut up, Twilight.

2362888

Oh, pfft, I don't think I made it clear but she has this magical orb thingy. You know, like those gypsy types you see in stories.

"What if the humans sent a creature they made to call back to them?"

"What if I meet a changeling hybrid that can live as a pony and only uses love for extra power?"

"What if the Changeling Queen somehow makes my first niece a changeling?"

"What if a human somehow survived coming here?"

"What if the humans are peaceful?"

"What if I became part changeling from an accident?"

"What if I made the Parisprites eat meet instead of wood?"

"What if I accidentally brought a human here?"

Use the list. It's going to break my brain.

what if pinkie pie woke up as an alicorn was twice as hyper active

I have two.
1:What if I fall in love with you or one of my friends?

2:What if I adopted a pony? *Nyx ref*

I don't know if anybody already asked this but what if the rainboom did'nt happen

Dear Princess Celestia, what if instead of being ponies we where all cats or dogs, or otters?

2362929

Let's answer your questions now then.

"What if the humans sent a creature they made to call back to them?"
You're screwed.
"What if I meet a changeling hybrid that can live as a pony and only uses love for extra power?"
Good for them/you.
"What if the Changeling Queen somehow makes my first niece a changeling?"
Who the hell is the first niece? When did Shining and Cadance shag?
"What if a human somehow survived coming here?"
Activate the nukes.
"What if the humans are peaceful?"
Too bad, they're not here,
"What if I became part changeling from an accident?"
That's a nice empty guillotine.
"What if I made the Parisprites eat meet instead of wood?"
You spelt 'meat' wrong. Same with 'parasprites'. You'd be f**ked.
"What if I accidentally brought a human here?"
Activate the nukes.

2362907

I don't know who up-voted you, but there appears to be a lot of perverted people here.

dear rpincess celestia,

what if the elements of harmony where actualy destroyed?

Dear Princess Celestia,
What if I became Corrupted/Evil, Then Tainting the elements of Harmony and my friends, Went to over throw you and Luna, Could you stop me/and my friends?

don´t hate me for this but i have to do it :twilightblush:

Dear Princess Celestia, What is love? and i swear to you don´t answer with "filly don´t hurt me"

oh oh i have a good one

"Dear Princess Celestia, what if the CMC actually get their Cutie Marks soon? how would they get them? will it be something crazy related? what if they don´t get them in their entire life? how would they cope with it? what could their families and friends do to help them?

2363129
Twice, nonetheless. :derpyderp2:

What would the Elements of Harmony become if Equestria one day valued war above all else? Would they change or simply go dormant?

How about "What if Luna had never become Nightmare Moon and had not been banished for 1,000 years? Would I've not made friends and would the Elementsof Harmony still be attached to you and Luna?"

Or what about "What if you fell in love? Would you be too distracted by love to rule Equestria?"

Dear Princess Celestia:

I know I probably shouldn't be asking such a personal question, but my friends keep insisting so.....here goes.

Were you born an Alicorn? Or were you born as a Unicorn/Pegasus/Earth Pony and became an Alicorn?
If it's the later, did you and Luna figure out Starswirl's incomplete masterpiece spell by inventing your own form of magic or was it from something else entirely different?
Oh, and while I'm on the subject, do you think that Starswirl actually completed his masterpiece, yet purposely written down the imperfect version?; as if it were a final test for those who're potentially worthy of Alicornhood? Or was it meant for something else (like say influencing the three Pre-Equestrian tribes to put aside their differences and work together.)

And finally, I keep hearing rumors that Discord is actually Starswirl the Bearded himself, having been effected by some dark magic. But that's not true right? I mean every magic scholar knows that he went missing, probably vaporized, during his last experiment gone wrong*, presumable a last attempt at perfecting his masterpiece, right?

Anyway, I'm sorry about making you nogalistic with my recent letters (and giving you tissue problems. If it helps, Rarity has made some of her special brand of tissues free of charg; Spike should've sent along with this letter); I hope you feel better soon.

Sincerly, Your Faithful Student/newly crowned Princess:
Twilight Sparkle

* Summary of Starswirl can be found here.

To mirror this chapter:

Dear Princess Celestia, what if you died? Who would move the sun and how would everything be affected?

what if i failed? what if i never found the crystal heart and helped stop King Sombra? what if i had never been able to finish Starswirl's unfinished spell and never became an alicorn?

2363717

I'm gunna share a secret, okay? *Clears throat* I don't plan this. I just write it from the top of my head and let my fingers do the work.

what if luna and celestia were one.
what if ponies notised the night 1000 years ago.
what if ponies realised they are racist.
what if the cyberponies attacked. ok that is a dr who one

what if you became a filly again

what if zombies came

what if rarity killed pinkie pie when we left her in that desert

what if cupcakes the story was real? rainbow factory?

what if w e always wore clothing what if batman came here

what if spike kept his mustache

Dear Princess Celestia,
What if I have so much free time and become bored? If my friends are busy and if I run out of things to study or worry about for a long period of time, how would I occupy myself without having to feel like I'm using my time inappropriately? In fact, it's happening right now. I'm suddenly thinking of resuming that "awkward and weird project" that I ceased for reasons that I don't want to talk about. Hey, what if you were so bored and start to do something "strange" to stave off that boredom, would you get caught? What would your excuse be? I understand if these questions are a bit too personal.

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.

Dear Princess Celestial,
What if Starswirl the Beared got his name from more than just his long beard? Would it be because his strong magical power effect his growth of facial hair? Could it be because that is how his body display immense, magical power in physical form? If so, does gender, species, or emotion effect how it goes? For example, you and your sister's mane flow because you are both female, or alicorns, and my mane turned into flames when I got upset trying to figure out Pinkie Pie's pinkie sense. Are there any other powerful magicians that have the same phenomenon?

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.

I'm not sure if I'm making proper "what if" questions.

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMUwQVvUXSJWHPoU7VX6ElRISwTfdhCRseh1uFIsAkKyJijomF

and a question for our favorite Princess

Dear Princess Celestia,
Have you ever had a romantic relationship with anypony or anyone for the matter? If you did, what happened?

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Dear Princess Celestia,

What if the Elements of Harmony were actually Alicorns that once were regular ponies? What if one of them turn me into an Alicorn and almost made me destroy Equestria? What would happen if the rest possessed my friends and over threw you in a complete usurping of the throne in order to bring about a form Harmony that is actually slavery?


Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

And now, for Obscure References, with Menoshe

What if i (lol) died?

And that was Obscure References, with Menoshe.

Dear Princess Celestia,

What would happen if everypony shrinks but your massive? What if you couldn't reverse it? What would happen if you found chrysalis at 1 inch tall?

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

2366924 Dear Twilight Sparkle

Let be best answer you with one word: DISCORD.
does that explain enough? (laugh)

Sincerely, your loving mentor
Princess Celestia

2370468 Well that is one possibility, but there are others... After all they went through a 1000 years eparation :trollestia:

2371110 CORRECTION: over a thousand years; Discord was first sealed away before Luna became NMM and that was 1,000 years prior to the events of the pilot episodes.

2371146 Yeah yeah I get it, the point is, Celestia has to have had some lovers between them right? :trollestia:

2371406 Tis possible, but not likely due to her position; more likely to have occasional one-night stands to satisfy her ummm......needs......
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/430/609/3d9.png
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Are alicorns really gods? For that matter do you an Luna actualy control the sun and moon respectably?

Dear Princess Celestia...
Are you Still the best 1973?!
-Twilight Sparkle.

What would Equestria be like if Celestia and Luna were mortal?

Dear Princess Celestia,
what if Luna was my mentor instand of you? :twilightoops:

2662292

Dear Princess Luna,
what if Celestia was my mentor instead of you :OO

what if you were a sexual deviant and i was your sex-slave/favorite one to 'do it' with?
what if instead, Luna decided to hoard the night instead of forcing it everypony?
what if some brainwashed cult tried to bring back Nightmare moon, or chrysalis?

2976290 I second your number 2!

What if I ate you?:pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowlaugh::facehoof:

What if these questions started getting old?

Not a fan, honestly. I'm usually not picky enough to downvote because of uncapitalized words or the occasional word mix-up (like to/too), but when you're writing letters between two highly intelligent characters, that's a different story.

Also, a lot of the alternate realities mentioned feel unlikely or out of character, and Celestia herself feels the most out of character of all. Even if she wanted to write letters informally for a change (which I can buy), she's too informal even for that.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
What if one of my friends fell in love with me, but I didn't return their feelings?

Your faithful friend,
Twilight Sparkle"

this continue?

What if I became evil?

Login or register to comment