• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 4,631 Views, 254 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia, What if? - djElectrOctavia



Letters from Twilight Sparkle to the Princess, involving What If questions.

  • ...
22
 254
 4,631

What if we could travel in space?

Dear Princess Celestia,

What if we could travel throughout the stars? Ever since Peel Hoofstrong crashed, I've been fascinated by attempting to go to the moon without your magic. Sadly, he never got there, but what if we could? Could it change the future? Could it be a new place to live in?

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

It is very possible to travel to the moon with our current technology, except it isn't safe enough. I have banned space travel to prevent the damage of any ponies. If we drove the rockets with magic, we would run out. What we are researching is an easy way to convey magic, or even create an entirely automatic system.

The future would be great, and will be great as soon as we get there. We can use the land to create Lunar Bases, explore new lands and see the other side of the moon. I, of course, know of this from Lulu's constant chatter on this subject. If we can travel to the moon, how long until we can travel to Marzipan? We never know if there is life out there.

A new place to live in would be lovely. I think Lulu would also enjoy spending some time there if we prettied it up. She may also try to destroy it. Living there without a protection of some sort would be impossible, as there is no atmosphere. Before you ask, we can create a magical atmosphere, but how would that affect us down here? It won't be a moon we see, it would be a mini-equestria. It won't be able to reflect light off of the sun that well, will it? Cause and effect, my Twilight. Cause and effect. Repetition too.

Love from,
Your Mother.

P.S I'm kidding.

Love from,
Princess Celestia.

P.S.S I don't actually love you in that way.

Author's Note:

HEEEEEEEEEY! I updated it! Ermahgerd! I haven't bothered in ages because of, you guessed it, exams. French exams. Spanish exams. I still have Spanish exams to do, and a science one coming up. Kill me.

And yes, Marzipan is officially what they call Mars. Shoot me. No really, you can shoot me, I don't mind.

Also, I have been tempted to swear throughout these letters, and this pile of notage, however, I have not. AHEM. Dear Princess Celestia, what if little kids are reading this? Your creepy fan, ME. Dear ME, go away.