• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 4,626 Views, 254 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia, What if? - djElectrOctavia



Letters from Twilight Sparkle to the Princess, involving What If questions.

  • ...
22
 254
 4,626

What if Discord was successful?

Dear Princess Celestia,

What if Discord was successful in his endeavour to bringing Equestria to complete chaos? Would things still be the same? What would happen? Would the elements still be useful?

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

This would be a real problem. The only way he could ever be successful in his plan would be if I had been imprisoned or killed. I'll answer your questions, as it is something I would too like to know.

First of all, Discord is not a force to be reckoned with. If anypony had made a wrong move, I could not send the letters to you, or Spike was not well, then we could have all collapsed. It was your curiosity that led you to read the letters, and bringing you back to full mental state. It was then your initiative to make your friends remember everything that had ever happened.

So, if Discord was successful, and we could not stop him in time, then all of Equestria would have been plunged into chaos and evil. He probably would not steal the elements, as he likes to give ponies a challenge, but if everypony had turned into the depths of craziness then it is most likely that nopony would be able to stop him ever again. Infact, it might lead into extinction for us.

And of course, nothing would stay the same. Discord's magic would literally change Equestria. This was a good question however, as it makes me even more glad you are my faithful student.

Princess Celestia.