• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 4,631 Views, 254 Comments

Dear Princess Celestia, What if? - djElectrOctavia



Letters from Twilight Sparkle to the Princess, involving What If questions.

  • ...
22
 254
 4,631

What if I lost my memory?

Dear Princess Celestia,

What if I lost all my memory? What would happen to my friends? What would happen to my knowledge? How good would I be with magic? What would become of you? Would I become depressed? What would happen to Spike? What would happen to me?

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle.


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

This is a serious question. In fact, after reading this, you have to write a list of things that are vital for you to know. These things include your name, your friends, your occupation, you are my student, Spike is your assistant etc.

If you lost your memory, of course, you would remember absolutely nothing. This means that you will forget all your friends and would not know if you could be able to trust them. They would try and find help though, probably ask me to cast another remembrance spell. Actually, it would be a good idea to teach Rarity the spell, except you would end up being a dress maker or something. The letter spam might work by itself.

All your knowledge would be gone, and even I don't have some of the knowledge you do. I am not sure if it will be lost forever or temporarily. Spike knows everything you have learnt, so he could just go over that with you. This may mean that your magic abilities could be weakened until you gain them back to strength.

Your ability of magic would be substantially decreased. For some ponies that lose their memory, they tend to get back to full power very quickly though, even if they don't remember everything. You should be fairly safe. You would still be the same to me, I would probably have to spend more time with you to get better. That's a good idea actually, it will help me stay away from these 'problems'. I would not leave your side no matter what happened. This may come as a bit scary, but we have made a big tomb for you already, and we are keeping it clear. Don't worry, nopony plans on murdering you, I hope.

It really depends on what happens to whether you become depressed or not. You may become depressed if you felt the need for friends, but can't trust anypony or the fact that you might turn everypony away. The fact that you don't remember yourself might also lead to depression. If you have Spike by your side, he would try his best to make you feel better, you know how he hates seeing you sad. There are many different possibilities to what could happen to you; depression, leaving on an adventure, suicide, infinite questions or even getting back to normal very quickly by yourself.

In conclusion, we can see your life could be ruined by memory loss, or it could just be another obstacle. Ponies usually remember from a boost, your's could be the Elements of Harmony.

Princess Celestia.