• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 1,367 Views, 24 Comments

Igniting Hope - Theta



Running is just half my problem.... Not being found is the other half.

  • ...
12
 24
 1,367

PreDinner Peptalk

"Uh, I guess I do have a few, but they can wait 'till later, dude. Right now I want to make you guys the pride and joy of Coltcinnati; Flyline Chili!," I replied, trying to be heard over the sounds of my stomach.

"Okayyyy, right this way. Let me get you a pan to cook with.," she said, reaching above the stove for a medium sized pot.

"Hmm, you want spaghetti or hotdogs with it? Or both, they're both pretty dang tasty.," I asked, opening the can of beans and dumping the remnants into the pot, "Hey, where's your guys' spice's?"

"What? But chili is only good when you eat it alone!," Ditzy exclaimed.

"Hehe, y'all got a lot to learn 'bout the Nasty Natti. Trust me, it's great on its own, but with hotdogs and noodles, it'll blow your horse shoes off. Which one would you prefer?"

"I-I don't know. I guess both."

"Alright, I'll need two more pots then," I said reaching for two more glistening chrome utensils, "Now, about what about spices?"

"Uh, what do you need?"

"Little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and that's it. I got a mix from the store, shouldn't take more than fifty minutes to cook this all.," I said, setting the other two pots up to make what I had bought.

"Here you go, um I'm sorry but this sounds really gross.," Ditzy stuck her tongue out at the sight of everything being put next to each other, and handed me my requested ingredients.

"Well, it tastes better when it's all together and done. Anyhow, I suppose we got around fifty minutes till everythings done, how about we talk about what kind of mare your mom is.," I spoke, walking over to their table.

Taking a seat across from me, Ditzy went wall eyed once more, and a look of fear washed over her face. "What do you want to know first?"

"Well, seeing as how children and pregnancy are big topics, lets save that for later. Right now I want to know what your mom does for a living and what her name is."

"My mom is...well she's a big lawyer in Canterlot. She's a unicorn, y'see, and well... she has a unicorn's job. Her name is Dismal Law-"

I cut her off before she could say anymore, "Wait, the Dismal Law? As in the lawyer who defended Golden Shower in court?"

"Yeah, that's her. Everyone know's he was guilty of what he did, but I'm pretty sure my mom paid off the judge to win that one and keep her record undefeated.," She replied with coldness in her voice.

"Crazy dude. I would have never gue-" The sound of a buzzer interrupted me, as the hot dogs and spaghetti were now finished. I calmly got up, turned off the burners, drained the spaghetti and sat back down.

"I see why you're getting antsy about me meeting her. Which leads me to my next question, I've only seen mares act like this when they're introducing their coltfriends to their families. Do you consider me your coltfriend?," I asked as innocently as I could. Ignorance is bliss, right?.

Saying her cheeks turned red is an understatement. They went from red, to orange, to straight white. Looked as if she'd seen a ghost. "Torque...why do you have to push my buttons so much...I'm nice to you, why do you have to tease me?"

"Duh-uh- No, I ain't teasin' you. I guess that came out wrong... I reckon I meant to ask you if you'd want to go on a date sometime, and maybe be my-my-my-my," the last word was lodged in my throat, and I had to force it up with all my might, "marefriend?"

By now, Ditzy had a tears and confusion emanating from her eyes, "Why...Oh, hay, yes Torque, I'd love to!"

I rose once more and walked over to the crying mare, and wrapped my arms around her; embracing her with a hug. "Come now, ain't no more need for those tears. I hate to see a mare cry."

She laid her head on my shoulders and the tears were absorbed into my shirt. And then a Canterlot voice rung into my eardrums, "Hmph, I presume you're the colt my daughter has shown interest in. Honestly I have no idea what she, or anypony for that matter, would see in a featherbrain like you. You just have a lazy vibe around you, and excuse me when I say this, you're food looks absolutely horrid, I mean rabbit droppings look more appetizing than this!"

What buck did she say?More importantly, how long has she been there?Wait...who the hay does she think she is?...Oh right, she knows who she is. Just gotta bite the bullet, can't do nothing to mess this up. Can't risk doin' that for Ditzy, even if I get put down all night. It'll be worth it.

Author's Note:

Hard to say what will come of this story, don't fret though, it'll end up where it ends up. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I'm thinking about writing other stories as the "what if's", like what if Torque met Rainbow Dash first? Or what if he ended up with Apple Jack or Twilight or Fluttershy, etc. Take note that this fic will, and I'm setting this in stone now, WILL end up as a ship with Ditzy Doo, as more or less it should. Oh and about the mix, it comes in a packet here in Ohio, and is sold by any store owned by Kroger's (the only store I know that they own is King Supers, but they far exceed that one branch.), also I made an edit to the last chapter to show that he bought a packet, for all of you whom are nitpickers and pick up on little details like that easily. As for the dialogue not having any indication of whom is speaking, it's pretty simple to figure out. I mean writing, he said/she said. I spoke/she spoke, responded, replied, etc gets obnoxious after awhile, and you start to phase it out completely, both in your mind and in your eyes. Sorry if you hate that sort of thing, but hey, here it is. It's also a short chapter because of the fact that it is mostly speaking.