• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 4,921 Views, 184 Comments

A Forward Approach - Ahiam94



After confessing to Twilight and getting rejected, Rainbow tries taking a different approach to get Twilight to love her back. One that is much more forward than traditional means.

  • ...
35
 184
 4,921

Breaking Hearts

Twilight walked into Fluttershy's cottage and finally let her guard down. She took a deep breath. She finally felt safe again. She turned around to see Fluttershy shutting the door. A slightly awkward silence filled the room.

"Um," Fluttershy finally breaks the silence. "Has anything happened with you and Rainbow Dash yet?" she asked.

Twilight stared in shock at Fluttershy for a moment. She did not think Fluttershy was able to cut to the chase so quickly. "Um, no. Not really," Twilight replied, not really wanting to admit that she nearly kissed Rainbow Dash. "What about you, Fluttershy? Has anything happened to you since we last talked?"

Fluttershy's eyes began welling up with tears. Just the thought of what happened between her and Pinkie Pie made Fluttershy want to cry. Luckily, she was able to swallow her sadness. "No, not really," she replied.

Twilight stared at Fluttershy. I don't know how, she thought, but I can tell she's hiding something. Twilight took a few steps towards Fluttershy. "Are you sure nothing happened, Fluttershy? You can tell me anything." Twilight inched closer to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy's eyes began to fill with tears, but she did not want Twilight to see her cry, so she quickly walked around Twilight and faced the other direction. "Yes, I'm sure, Twilight. Nothing happened. Nothing at all." Fluttershy said, quickly.

Okay, now I know she's hiding something. Twilight headed up to Fluttershy. "Listen, Fluttershy. I'm your friend and you can tell me anything. After all, that's what friends are for, right?"

Fluttershy slowly backed away from Twilight. "Yes, I know I can tell you anything, but there's nothing to tell." Fluttershy began to sweat nervously. As Twilight got closer and closer, Fluttershy kept backing away until she tripped on her couch and fell.

Twilight still continued to get closer to Fluttershy. What am I doing? she thought. I'm sure I'm making Fluttershy uncomfortable, but I just can't stop moving closer. Twilight now had her two front hooves on the couch, each hoof on both sides of Fluttershy. She drew her face closer to Fluttershy's.

Fluttershy looked up at Twilight, her face red. "Twilight?" As Twilight drew closer, Fluttershy closed her eyes tight. Fluttershy could feel Twilight's breath on her face. She could feel the heat coming from the unicorn.

Twilight could not stop herself. She wanted to stop, she knew this was not the right way to do things, but her body kept moving. Without thinking, Twilight spoke. "Fluttershy, I—" Twilight was interrupted by a sound that came from behind her.

"Hey, Fluttershy. Listen I—" Pinkie Pie stopped mid-sentence seeing the situation that Fluttershy was in.
Fluttershy and Twilight both looked back to see Pinkie Pie standing in the doorway. Twilight regained herself and jumped away from Fluttershy. Fluttershy felt her heart stop. She could not speak, she could not move, she could not even breathe.
The room stood in silence until Pinkie Pie spoke. "Wow, I didn't expect to find this!" Pinkie Pie said, gleefully.

"What?" Was all Fluttershy could get out.

"Honestly, I can't believe I didn't see this coming. You and Twilight do make such a good couple," Pinkie said.

Fluttershy tried to regain her composure. "You mean, you aren't mad?" Fluttershy asked, as she got off of her couch.
Pinkie gave Fluttershy a confused look. "Why would I be mad? I'm always happy to see that my friends found their very special somepony! Especially when one of my bestest friends very special somepony is another one of my bestest friends!"
Fluttershy felt her entire universe shatter. She knew now. Pinkie held no special feeling for her. If she did, she would not have been so happy to see her with Twilight. Fluttershy's hung her head.
"I should throw you two a party! It'll be the 'Congratulations on Finding Your Very Special Somepony' party!"

"Wait, Pinkie." Twilight finally spoke up.

"What is it, Twilight?" Pinkie smiled at Twilight, awaiting her response.

"Uh, well, you see. Fluttershy wasn't really—"

"I don't feel that way about Twilight!" Fluttershy yelled. Pinkie and Twilight both turned their attention back to Fluttershy.
Twilight felt a horrid pain in her chest. What is this pain? Did, did my heart just break? Yeah, I think that's what that was. But, did I really feel that strongly for Fluttershy? Was this feeling that I had love? I guess it was, and all it took was my heart breaking to realize it. Twilight lowered her head.

Pinkie stood in shock and confusion. "What do you mean, Fluttershy?"

"What I mean is. . ." Fluttershy took a deep breath, then with all of her might, screamed. "I love you, Pinkie!"

***

Rainbow Dash came to a gentle landing. "Where is that sexy little thing?" Rainbow asked herself. She looked all over Ponyville. I didn't think Twilight would have been able to get that far. Wait. . . That's when it hit Rainbow. Twilight can teleport, can't she? "Aughh! That means she could be anywhere between Canterlot and Hoofington! Now what am I supposed to do?" Rainbow asked the skies.

"You could always ask the all-knowing Discord," said a voice behind Rainbow Dash.

"Gah!" Rainbow yelled as she quickly turned. "Discord? What are you doing here?" Rainbow asked in an attacking stance.

"Relax, Commander Hot-Head." Discord said. "I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm just here for a break from the almighty princess." He threw up air quotes as he referenced Celestia.

"Alright, I guess I should start trusting you. If the princess does, then I guess I should too." Rainbow eased out of her stance and took a more relaxed pose.

"So?" Discord asked.

"So what?"

"What are you going to ask me—the all-knowing Discord?" Fireworks launched from behind the draconequus.

Rainbow let out a sigh. What's the worst that can happen? "Alright, Discord. Do you know where Twilight is?"

"She's somewhere," Discord answered bluntly.

"I knew it!" Rainbow pointed a hoof accusingly at Discord. "I knew you wouldn't really answer my question!"

"Alright, fine, fine. I will tell you where she is." Discord signaled for Rainbow to come closer. She sighed and took a step closer. He motioned again, she took another step. Yet again, he motioned.

"Augh! Forget it!" Rainbow stormed off.

Discord burst into a fit of laughter. "Wai- wait Rainbow Dash! I will tell you." Rainbow stopped. "I'm sorry, Dashie, but you ponies are just too much fun!" Rainbow just glared back at Discord. "Oh, alright. She's somewhere near Fluttershy's cottage." Without a single word Rainbow Dash took off into the sky.

"Come back when you get a sense of humor!" Discord shouted. "Now, who shall I visit next? Oh, it's so much fun catching up with old friends!"

***

Rarity walked up her stairs anticipating her nap. She had been up all night working on those dresses and now that she was done, her reward was rest. But, as if fate was trying it's hardest to keep Rarity away from happiness, a knock came from her door. "Ugh, what now?" Rarity walked back down her stairs and opened the door. "Who is—"

"Hi again, Rarity!" Applebloom and Scootaloo yelled as they barged in and charged up the stairs, heading towards Sweetie Belle's room.

Yet again, Rarity stood still in silence. She felt as if this was happening a lot recently. "Hello, girls. Won't you come in?" Rarity asked. I swear those fillies are too full of energy. Well, at least they can keep Sweetie Belle entertained while I get my beauty rest. Rarity turned and headed up her stairs again. Rarity opened her door and was almost brought to tears of joy when she saw her bed. It was a glorious sight, it almost looked as if it were shining. Rarity walked over to her bed and collapsed onto it and fell asleep almost instantly.

Sweetie Belle waited anxiously for the fillies to return, and to her surprise, they barged into her room both wearing big grins. "That was fast," Sweetie Belle commented.

"Course it was. We had to get back here fast so we could tell y'all the good news!" said Applebloom.

"Good news? Does that mean?"

"That's right!" Scootaloo interrupted. "Spike said he's totally crazy about you!"

"H-he did?" Sweetie Belle asked, her face turning red.

"Yep, he sure did!" Applebloom confirmed. "He went on about how you were a great friend and that you were one of the greatest ponies he knows!"

"He really said all that?" Sweetie asked again.

"Uh-huh!" Both fillies answered.

Sweetie Belle could not believe it. If Spike said all of these great things about her, then that must mean he liked her back.
"Well, what're we waitin' for? Let's go back to Twilight's library!" Applebloom yelled.

"Wait, we're going there now!?" Sweetie asked, starting to panic.

"Of course we are!" Scootaloo said. "Why wait? We already know how Spike thinks, so we need to get this thing going as soon as possible!"

"Wait! I don't think I'm ready for this!" Sweetie Belle yelled, now panicking.

"Sure ya are!" Applebloom comforted Sweetie Belle. "Now, let's go!" Without any hesitation Applebloom and Scootaloo rushed over to Sweetie Belle and picked her up.

"Wait guys! I'm not ready!" Sweetie Belle's screams went ignored. The two fillies rushed out of the boutique and set Sweetie Belle down onto Scootaloo's scooter. And just like that, they were headed for the library at top speed. "Waaaait!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

***

Applejack walked through the main shopping center of Ponyville. She was unaware of her surroundings. She knew she had a plan. But with all the work that Granny Smith made her do, she had forgotten all of it. "Shoot! It doesn't seem like Ah'll ever remember," said Applejack. Applejack was forced to stop walking when she ran into a Discord statue. "What in tarnation?"

With a flash the statue disappeared and a live Discord took its place. "I don't know about you, Applejack, but I think that a statue of me would look terrific right here. What did you think when you saw it? Was it too big, too small, or did it just look out of place."

"What are you doin' here, Discord?" Applejack asked with a happy tone.

"Well, this is strange. You're the first pony to seem happy to see me today. You're friends are such haters," Discord commented.

"Well, the way Ah see it, the princess trusts you, so ta me, y'all are trustworthy."

Discord was taken aback. He did not expect such kindness from anypony other than Fluttershy. "Oh, well, thanks." Discord replied, hesitating for just a moment.

"Well, I'd love to stay 'n chat, but Ah got some thinkin' ta do." Applejack nodded her head and began walking again.

Discord brought a finger to his chin I guess I should repay her kindness. After a moment of thought, he shrugged and snapped his fingers. With a flash, Discord was now standing in front of the farm pony. "What seems to have you so troubled, dear Applejack?" Discord asked.

"Ah, well, it's not really something you need to worry 'bout." Applejack answered.

"Nonsense," said Discord while waving his arm. "I'm always willing to help such a trusting pony."

Applejack frowned. Can Ah really trust Discord to help me with this mess?

"Come on Applejack! Let me turn that frown upside down." As Discord spoke he grabbed his own mouth and spun it around until it looked like a smile.

With a little more thought, Applejack made her decision. "Alright, Discord. Ah'll trust ya ta help me."

***

"Alright! We're here!" Scootaloo announced.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle! Let's go inside!" Applebloom yelled.

Sweetie Belle hid behind Applebloom. "No, you can't make me! I told you, I'm not ready for this!"

"Ugh! Come on, Sweetie Belle! What's the problem? Spike likes you and you like Spike! How can this go wrong?" Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know, but I just don't want to go."

"Fine then, I'll make you go!" Scootallo ran behind Applebloom and tried to grab Sweetie Belle.

"No!" Sweetie Belle yelled as she pushed Scootaloo back and ran and jumped into some bushes a few feet away.

"Come on! I know where you are!" Scootaloo yelled.

"No you don't! I'm hidden!"

"I can see your face!" Sweetie Belle quickly hid further into the bushes. "Now get out here!"

Just as Scootaloo was about to charge after Sweetie Belle, the library door flew open. "What's going on out here!?" Spike yelled.

"Ah, Spike! Good timing. Can you help me grab Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo asked.

"What? Grab Sweetie Belle?" Spike asked as he came down and stood next to the two fillies.

"Get out of there Sweetie Belle!"

"No!"

"Come on, we're just tryin' ta help," said Applebloom.

"No! I'll never come out! Not for the rest of my life." The young unicorn yelled.

"Oh, come on! You can't stay in there forever. You'll get all wrinkly and gross! You'll probably grow a beard too!" Yelled Scootaloo

"I don't care!" Sweetie Belle then imagined herself at Granny Smith's age, still stuck in a bush with older Scootaloo and Applebloom to pull her out of the bush by grabbing her long beard, but only succeed in breaking their hips and ripping off part of her beard. This thought horrified Sweetie Belle. "No! I don't want to break your hips!" She screamed as she burst out of the bushes.

Sweetie Belle flew out of the bushes at top speed. Spike screamed as she came at him like a bullet. She was too fast for him to dodge. He closed his eyes and accepted his fate. With a hard crash, Spike and Sweetie Belle both ended up on the floor.
Sweetie Belle opened her eyes to see Spike looking back at her. She froze. Her face felt hot. She could feel Spikes breath on her.

Aah! What am I supposed to do!? Sweetie Belle's thoughts rushed through her head. What do I do? What do I do!? WhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdo!?

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I never like to disappoint. Luckily, it seems like that hasn't happened yet. Things are building up, getting crazier, but the story isn't over yet. It still has a little while to go! So, look forward to the rest of the fic!

Also, I will be releasing a one shot fic soon. So, make sure you check back on my page every now and then. And lastly, I want to thank my proofreader for helping me out with each chapter, even though he seems to be really busy. See you all next chapter.