• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 4,917 Views, 184 Comments

A Forward Approach - Ahiam94



After confessing to Twilight and getting rejected, Rainbow tries taking a different approach to get Twilight to love her back. One that is much more forward than traditional means.

  • ...
35
 184
 4,917

Everypony's Falling

Rainbow Dash flew over Ponyville, closely scanning every inch she covered. After what felt like an eternity of searching, Rainbow finally started to descend. Since Twilight teleported Rainbow had no clue where Twilight could be, for all she knew, Twilight could be in Canterlot. Rainbow finally descended into the heart of Ponyville. "Where could Twilight have gone?" Rainbow thought aloud to herself. Rainbow rubbed her chin and glided mere inches above the buildings of Ponyville, eyes looking down at the ground, when her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden pounce and a big pink blur.

"Hi Dashie!" Pinkie yelled as she tumbled onto Rainbow Dash, sending both ponies plummeting to the ground. "Whatcha doin'?"

Rainbow groaned and shoved Pinkie off her body. "Pinkie! Get off of me!" She stood up and brushed herself off before bringing her hoof back to her chin.

Pinkie watched Rainbow, a huge toothy grin plastered across her face. "Are you thinking about something?" Pinkie asked, but Rainbow just rolled her eyes. "Ooh! I get it! You want me to guess what you're thinking of, right? All right, here I go! Are you thinking of what to have for lunch? No?" Rainbow Dash started grinding her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut. "Then are you thinking about a new trick? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

"PINKIE!" Rainbow finally yelled.

"Yes, Dashie?"

"I'm not playing a game! I'm trying to think of where Twilight is!" Rainbow finally answered.

"Oooohhhh. I don't know where Twilight is, but I know where I would be right now if I were Twilight!"

"Really?" Rainbow asked, rushing over to Pinkie," Tell me!"

"Okay! Follow me!" Pinkie said as she happily led Rainbow Dash down the street.

***

"It all started a couple days ago, when Rainbow Dash stopped by the library," Twilight began. "She had said she had something really important to tell me. I, of course, gave her all of my attention, I thought it'd be something about a certain monster or something coming to Ponyville, since that happened oddly often. But instead Rainbow Dash told me that she… Um…” She bit her lip and blushed. “She told me likes me. Like really likes me. I think she may have even said love. I appreciate what Rainbow said, I really took it as a compliment, actually. But I just don't think of Rainbow Dash that way, so I turned her down." Twilight stopped, expecting Fluttershy to cut in with questions. But nothing ever came, so Twilight continued.

"Of course that really upset her, so to try and get her spirits back up I told her that shouldn't feel sad. I told her that she was Rainbow Dash and she could overcome anything. She seemed to really take my words to heart and I thought that it meant she would try and move on, but instead she almost took it as a challenge to win my heart. And ever since then Rainbow has been acting a little different than usual." Twilight again, paused for questions, but Fluttershy sat still, eyes on Twilight. "She keeps talking about doing obscene things, in the middle of Ponyville, too." Twilight continued. "And she's constantly chasing me around. I don't know how much more I can take, Fluttershy. You've gotta help me." Twilight finally finished.

Fluttershy sat in silence. She had listened to Twilight without the slightest thought of interrupting her. Now that Twilight was finished Fluttershy thought she'd try to say something. "Umm, well. To be honest Twilight. I don't really know what to do in this kind of situation. I've never been caught up in something like that." Fluttershy got up and approached Twilight. "I might know somepony who can give you advice, though."

"Who?" Twilight asked, eyes shimmering as a shred of hope flittered through her mind

"Rarity. She reads all of those romance novels, so I'm sure she may have an idea at least."

Twilight perked her head up and a smile spread onto her face. "You're right! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you so much Fluttershy! You're a genius!" Twilight squeeled as she wrapped Fluttershy into a tight embrace.

Fluttershy blushed. "I'm always happy to help."

Twilight released her hug. "Fluttershy, you're such a good friend, so nice and understanding." Twilight's eyes scanned Fluttershy, from her mane to her hooves. "And so pretty."

"Umm, what was that last one?" Flutteshy asked.

"Oh! Um, nothing." Twilight averted her eyes and blushed. "Uh, listen. I'm pretty tired from all of the running around. Do you mind if I rest here for a little bit?" Twilight asked.

"Oh no, I don't mind. Rest as long as you need to. You can sleep on this couch, it may not look like much, but it's very comfortable."

"Thank you so much." Twilight said as she laid on the couch. As Twilight closed her eyes, she managed to steal a few more glances at Fluttershy. So, pretty, Twilight thought before falling asleep.

***

"Pinkie! I'm telling you, we started at this stupid cafe! We already passed it like nine times!" Rainbow Dash almost screamed. "I'm leaving! I can find Twilight myself!" Rainbow turned away from Pinkie and began walking in another direction.

"Wait, Dashie!" Pinkie called out, "I know where I'm going now! I just needed to get on the right track!"

Rainbow stopped and sighed. "I'll give you one more chance, but if we end up at this dumb cafe again, I'll never forgive you."

Pinkie grinned ear to ear. "Don't worry, Dashie. I know exactly where I'm going, now!" Pinkie chirped, as she bounced in another direction.

Rainbow sighed and rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I'm following you again. Well, just so long as I can find Twilight, I'll be fine in the end." Rainbow thought aloud.

Pinkie slowed her pace a little and went by Rainbow's side. "Hey Dashie, why do you want to find Twilight so badly, anyway?"

"I have to win her heart." Rainbow simply replied.

Pinkie stopped. "Why would you want Twilight's heart? Twilight needs that to live, Dashie! You can't take it from her!" Pinkie yelled.

Rainbow Dash slapped her face with her hoof. "Of course I'm not trying to actually take her heart. What I meant is that I'm trying to get Twilight to fall in love with me."

"Oh." Pinkie then continued leading the way. "Wait." Pinkie stopped again.

"What is it now?" Rainbow grunted.

"Why do you want Twilight to love you?" Pinkie asked.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Because I love her, and it's only natural for you to want the person you love to love you back, right?" Rainbow reasoned.

"Oh." Pinkie continued bouncing. "Wait." Pinkie stopped.

"Oh for the love of Celestia! What now!?" Rainbow yelled.

"Do you mean like 'love' love? Like more than a friend love?"

"Yes." Rainbow replied, blankly.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Oh." Pinkie continued to bounce forward. And Rainbow followed. Suddenly, Pinkie stopped. "Okay! Here we are!" Pinkie announced.

"Really? Is Twilight here? Where is she?!" Rainbow looked around enthusiastically.

"Oh, I don't know if Twilight's here. I just said this is where I would be if I were Twilight. But then again, I would be here no matter who I was." Pinkie grinned, eyes sparkling.

"Wait, don't tell me." Rainbow turned around and saw that Pinkie had led her to Sugarcube Corner. "Pinkie!? Are you kidding me!? Sugarcube Corner!? Really!?" Yelled, Rainbow Dash.

"Uh-huh. I love it here, so of course I would be here if I was Twilight." Pinkie smiled.

"Arrgghh!" Rainbow screamed as she disappeared into the sky.

"Wait Rainbow!" Pinkie called out, "Don't you want a snack while you're here?" No response came. "Guess not. ”Pinkie stroked her chin for a moment and shrugged. “Oh well. More snacks for me!" Pinkie then happily trotted into Sugar Cube Corner.

***

"I'm back!" Rarity sang as she trotted into the Carousel Boutique "And look! I brought Spike." she announced.

Sweetie Belled picked herself up off the floor. "Oh! Is that where you went? I thought you were going somewhere to explode, since your face was so red."

Rarity blushed and cleared her throat loudly. "Ahaha. Darling, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. That aside," Rarity turned towards Spike, "This is why I brought you over. I need you to keep Sweetie Belle busy while I try to finish my order."

Spike, hearts still in his eyes, slowly nodded. "Of course, anything for you, milady."

"Good, then take Sweetie Belle and go out and play, or whatever it is that you kids do now days." Rarity said as she budged Sweetie Belle and Spike out the door.

"Wait, Rarity!" Sweetie Belled yelled, "What about dinner?"

Rarity tossed a couple of bits at the pair. "Here you go, that should pay for dinner for both of you and a little extra. Have fun!" Rarity waved and slammed the door behind her.

Spike still sat with hearts in his eyes, he then snapped out of his state and shook himself back into reality. "What just happened?" Spike asked himself.

"Uhm, well, it looks like we're forced to go do something. Did you have anything you needed to do today?" Sweetie Belle asked Spike.

Spike brought a claw up to his chin. "I got nothin'" Spike finally admitted.

"Okay. Well, let's go find something to do, then." Sweetie Belle started walking toward the center of Ponyville."

"Oh, wait for me!" Spike called out as he started running towards Sweetie Belle.

***

"Thanks for the cake!" Pinkie called.

"No problem at all, deary." Mrs. Cake replied.

Pinkie continued walking. She wasn’t really sure where she was walking. She was just walking. She noticed that she happened to be heading in the direction of Fluttershy's cottage. "Hmm. I was just over at Fluttershy's…” She shrugged. "Oh well. Might as well go again!" Pinkie thought aloud to herself.

After a long walk Pinkie finally arrived at Fluttershy's cottage. Pinkie, with no hesitation, opened the front door and barged in. "Hi Fluttershy! I'm back!" Pinkie called out.

"Pinkie! What are you doing here?" Fluttershy called from the other room.

"Dunno." Pinkie shrugged. "I was just walking and I ended up here."

Fluttershy walked into the entrance now in Pinkie's view. "Well, that's fine, but try to be quiet. Twilight's sleeping on the couch." Fluttershy gestured towards Twilight in the other room, sleeping.

Pinkie looked over at Twilight then back at Fluttershy. "Ohh, I get it" Pinkie said.

"Huh? Get what?" Fluttershy replied.

"No it's okay, Fluttershy. You don't have to explain. I get it. But isn't it going to be hard on Dashie after she hears what you did with Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

"What?" Fluttershy looked back at Twilight. Suddenly, her eyes snapped wide open and a blush gathered onto her face. "No Pinkie! It's not like that at all! Twilight was just tired and she laid down and went to sleep. Nothing happened." Fluttershy explained.

"Uh-huh." Pinkie said, narrowing her eyes. "I'm sure that's all that happened."

"Please, Pinkie. You have to believe me!" Fluttershy dived towards Pinkie and grabbed her hooves. She looked up at Pinkie furiously blushing all the while.

"It's okay, Fluttershy. I believe you, I was just joking. If you did do something with Twilight, I would've been really upset." Pinkie comforted Fluttershy by stroking her mane.

Fluttershy looked up at Pinkie with tears in her eyes. "You really believe me?"

"Of course!" Pinkie happily replied.

"Oh, good." Fluttershy said as she got back up and straightened herself.

"But when did Twilight get here, and why is she sleeping on your couch anyways?" Pinkie finally asked.

"Um, well. Let me explain everything that has happened so far."

***

Applejack walked through Ponyville, a sad expression sitting on her face. She had been in deep thought since the incident with Rainbow and Twilight. There was no question about it Rainbow Dash loved Twilight, that much was obvious. And by the looks of it, Rainbow would stop at nothing to get Twilight. Applejack let out another sigh.

Applejack looked up to see that somehow she managed to arrive at Rarity's boutique. "That's it! Rarity! She's good with all this romance stuff ain't she? Ah'll jus' ask her what to do!" Applejack quickly headed into the boutique.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique! Where everything is— Oh, Applejack. What are you doing here? I know you're not dress shopping." Rarity chuckled.

"Yeah, You're right Ah ain't here for no dress, Ah actually came to talk to you, Rarity." Applejack looked up at Rarity, a blush across her face.

"Oh, well I'm sure there's nothing that I know that could help you. I don't know anything about hard labor or any of that icky business you do back at the farm." Rarity said.

"Actually, it's not about any of that stuff. I wanted to talk to you about... love." Applejack admitted, a dark blush taking over her face.

Rarity's eyes widened a deep blush spread among her face. "Oh my, Applejack this is so sudden, I- I don't know what to say." Rarity started fidgeting nervously.

"Ah need to talk to you about Rainbow!" Applejack yelled.

Rarity sat in silence. After a moment she faked a smile. "I'm not sure how the two are connected but I will try to answer any question you have the best I can." Rarity assured her friend.

"Thanks, Rarity. Ah knew Ah could count on you. It all started today when Ah was deliverin' some apples to Fluttershy..."

***

"So how many bits did Rarity give you anyways?" Spike asked.

"I'm not really sure, let's see. One, two, three, *mumble* Umm, I'm getting thrity." Sweetie finally replied.

"Thirty bits!" Spike snapped his eyes wide open. "Where does she think we needed to eat? I don't think any place in Ponyville would cost that much for just one filly and a kid dragon. How does Rarity have that much money to just throw away, anyways?

"Rarity may not show it much, but her business is actually really successful. She gets ponies like Sapphire Shores and Fancy Pants all the time."

"I guess that's true, but still... Thirty bits for a dinner for two? That's crazy."

Sweetie Belle and Spike continued walking until they were interrupted. "Oh look it's the blank flank. Are you on a date with you little dragon friend?" Diamond Tiara asked, with Silver Spoon laughing next to her.

"Oh no, not them." Sweetie said under her breath.

"Where are your stupid friends, Sweetie Belle?” Diamond Tiara sneered. "Did you ponies finally give up on getting cutie marks or did you finally figure out that you have no special talent?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Just you wait!" Sweetie Belle yelled. "We'll get our cutie marks, and they'll be amazing!" Sweetie Belle yelled.

"I'm sure they will, go ahead and give me a call when that happens when you're in a retirement home," Diamond Tiara said, drawing another laugh from Silver Spoon.

Spike then walked in between Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara. "Excuse me, but can I ask you what's so amazing about your cutie mark? If I'm not mistaken it's just a tiara. So is your special talent wearing that tiara that you have on? I don’t see how that’s worth writing home about. You know, if I wanted to I could wear that tiara too, and I would probably wear it just as well as you."

Silver Spoon ran up to Spike. "Don't you insult Diamond Tiara like that—"

"And if I'm right," Spike interrupted. "Your cutie mark is just a spoon. How is that a talent? Can you hold a spoon? If you ask me, I'd rather be a blank flank than be stuck with your guys' pointless cutie marks." Spike finished.

"Pointless!?" Yelled Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in unison.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle. Let's go." Spike walked away, ignoring the frustrated yelling coming from the two foals.

"Uh, r—right." Sweetie Belle followed Spike, unable to believe what just happened.

"So, where do you want to eat?" Spike asked.

"Uhm, anywhere is fine." Sweetie Belle replied. Sweetie Belle glanced at Spike, "I've never noticed how cool Spike is. He really stood up for me, and completely told off Diamond Tiara and SIlver Spoon. Spike is so cool." Thought Sweetie Belle.

Author's Note:

Another chapter in and things are starting to really heat up! Not much to say this time around. Other than I gotta thank my proofreader Sir0Chicken again, for doing an amazing job at what he does! Last thing, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you enjoy future chapters!