• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 4,920 Views, 184 Comments

A Forward Approach - Ahiam94



After confessing to Twilight and getting rejected, Rainbow tries taking a different approach to get Twilight to love her back. One that is much more forward than traditional means.

  • ...
35
 184
 4,920

A Twist to Romance

"Twilight, I have something I need to tell you." Rainbow Dash looked straight into Twilight's eyes, jaw set and chest puffed out.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Twilight asked, frowning as her ears flattened.

"No, nothing's wrong. I just need you to listen to me for a second. I have something very important to tell you." Rainbow never broke eye contact for a single second.

Twilight felt like Rainbow was staring straight into her soul, and a blush spread across her cheeks as she tried to avert her eyes. "Alright. What is it?"

Rainbow Dash took in a deep breath, still not breaking eye contact. Twilight noticed Rainbow's hooves shaking and sweat starting to fall from her mane. Rainbow, finally, let out the air she had taken in. "Twilight, I like you." Rainbow said, suddenly.

Twilight looked at Rainbow, confused. "Umm, I like you too, Rainbow. We're friends after all, of course we like each oth—."

"No!" Rainbow yelled out,interrupting Twilight and causing her to take a step back. "I mean I really like you! Like a lot. I think you're pretty, and cute, and funny, and really awesome!" Rainbow screamed, her eyes finally closing.

Twilight looked at Rainbow Dash, a deep shade of read covering her entire face. "I- uhm, uh," was all Twilight could get out. Her hooves stood stiff, as if unable to be moved.

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes again only to see that Twilight's cheeks were beet red. Seeing that she wasn't moving or talking Rainbow stepped back and bit her lip. "Twilight, are you alright?" she asked.

Twilight closed her eyes and gathered her thoughts for a second. She took in a deep breath and exhaled. After a few seconds she opened her eyes, "I, I don't really know what to say," she admitted.

"Well, you could start by telling me if you feel the same way." Rainbow said, leaning forward and grinning from ear to ear.

Twilight looked at the pegasus, she thought long and hard about the way she should answer. "Listen, Rainbow. I really do like you," Rainbow's eyes lit up, "But, I don't like you that way." Rainbow's smile instantly fell. She slowly turned away tears building up in her eyes. Twilight noticed the tears and quickly ran over to the pegasus. "That doesn't mean we can't be friends, though. We could just go back to the way things were before. Is that alright?"

Rainbow didn't move an inch, and Twilight's own frown deepend in the face of Rainbow's continued crying. "Come on! You're Rainbow Dash! You can overcome anything, right?" Twilight gave Rainbow a smile and a nudge.

"Wait," Rainbow finally spoke up. "What did you say?"

Twilight furrowed her brow. I'm not sure I like where this is going, but anything is better than Rainbow crying, right? "Um, you can overcome anything?" She repeated, a strained smile on her face.

Rainbow Dash lifted her head up her eyebrows furrowed and a smug smile on her lips. "You're right! What am I doing? I've never seen a problem that I wasn't able to get over! What makes this different? Nothing! That's what!" Rainbow yelled.

Twilight let out a long sigh, "It's great to hear you've moved on." Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash looked back at Twilight. "What do you mean moved on?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, you're moving on aren't you? Accepting that me and you need to be just friends, and getting back to life the way it was?" Twilight asked, taking a step towards Rainbow Dash, a hopeful smile on her face.

"No way." Rainbow said, swiping her hoof towards Twilight, as if blowing away her suggestion.

"Huh?" Twilight stared at Rainbow Dash, mouth agape.

"You said it yourself. I'm Rainbow Dash! I can overcome anything!" She yelled, flapping her wings energetically, "Which means I'll be able to get you to like me back, the same way I like you!" Rainbow said, a confident and determined look on her face.

Twilight couldn't believe what she had just heard. How could she have taken my words of encouragement and made that out of them? "Uhm, Rainbow. That's not really what I meant—"

"Just you wait Twilight!" Rainbow yelled as she pointed a hoof at Twilight, interrupting her. "I will get you to fall in love with me in no time at all!" Rainbow turned around and readied herself for flight. She took one last look back at Twilight, "Catch ya later, sexy!" Then she took off as fast as she possible could.

Twilight sat alone in her library, not completely sure as to what just happened, a blank expression on her face. "Did, Did she call me sexy?"

***

"Spike! Why is the closed sign not on the door? I told you to keep it there!" Twilight yelled, levitating the closed sign over to Spike, aggressively.

"Alright alright, I'll put it back up, but you know, some ponies need books. And you can't just say that the library's closed everyday. It's been three full days since the closed sign has gone up." Spike said, opening the library door and putting the sign back up.

"I know, but I don't want anypony to think I'm in here right now, that's why all the lights are off. And if you have the closed sign up, it'll make ponies think that I'm out and I had to close the library until I got back.

Spike sighed, "Twilight, you're going to have to leave the house sometime soon. You can't just stay in here forever!" Spike tried reasoning with Twilight.

Twilight glared at Spike, "Of course I know I can't stay in here forever! I'm just having a hard time leaving. I haven't seen Rainbow Dash since she said all that-" Twilight blushed hard and lowered her head, "stuff to me."

Spike sighed and walked over to the unicorn and gently put a claw on her back, "Twilight, I know that this has got to be kinda weird for you. Especially since, you never really had friends before coming here, and there definitely weren't any ponies that thought of you that way. But you've always told me that hiding from your problems is no way to take care of it, and that's exactly what you're doing right now. Hiding."

Twilight lifted her head back up, she could see in Spikes face how concerned he was for her. She sighed, "You're right Spike, I am hiding. I need to face my problem head on. I need to take action! And I'm not going to be able to do that when I'm just sitting around in this library." Twilight said.

"That's right! Glad to see you're back to normal!" Spike agreed, happily.

Twilight approached her door and looked back to Spike, "I'll be back soon." Twilight opened the door." And Spike, thank you."

Spike smiled. "No problem. After all, what's a number one assistant for?"

***

Twilight walked toward the center of Ponyville. She had almost forgotten how wonderful the scenery of the simple town was. All of the happy ponies walking around, all the birds flying through the air, and Rainbow Dash stealthily flying above Twilight. "ACK!" Twilight noticed Rainbow Dash and took off as fast as she could.

She thought she'd end up running into Rainbow Dash, but not so soon. She wasn't prepared for this. It would have been so much easier if she had seen Pinkie Pie, or Rarity, Fluttershy, or Applejack. It had to be Rainbow Dash. As she ran, she wondered if maybe Rainbow had been waiting above Twilight's home. Just sitting and waiting for her to leave the house. How long had she been waiting for? Twilight hadn't left the library in three full days.

Twilight ran for a great distance, almost through all of Ponyville, going in and out of alleyways underneath covers, trying to lose the pegasus in pursuit. Finally, Twilight stopped, "*Huff* I think *wheeze* I lost *cough* her." Twilight was barely able to speak. "I really need to get into shape.

"Lost who?" Came a voice behind Twilight. Twilight's pupils dilated, her mane stood on end, and she turned her head slowly. The pony behind her was none other than Rainbow Dash. Twilight turned and tried to run again. After taking three or four, clumsy, steps, she fell forward. Her head in the ground, with her flank still in the air.

"Woah, Twilight, getting into position already?" Rainbow said with a lustful tone as she walked over to Twilight." I didn't expect you to be this straight forward, I was thinking we'd get a hotel room or something, but if you want to do it right here then I won't complain." Rainbow said, her eyes stuck on Twilight's flank.

Twilight quickly re-positioned herself to face Rainbow Dash. "You know that's not what I was doing!" She yelled, a hard blush quickly gathering onto her face.

"Hmm?" Rainbow's eyes finally left Twilight's flank and looked at her face, "Sorry, I wasn't listening. I was too busy admiring that beautiful ass of yours."

"Wha- ah, you-" Twilight couldn't say anything.

"Hey Twilight. Your lips sure do look delicious. Do you mind if I try having a taste?" Rainbow asked, ignoring Twilight's stuttering while slowly approaching her.

"Yes! I do mind, actually!" Twilight shouted, jumping away from Rainbow and tensing her whole body.

"Oh, calm down, Twilight. I'm just having fun. You know I like having fun."

Twilight finally eased her muscles. Did Rainbow Dash finally get it? Did she realize that all Twilight wanted was a little bit of space? "Well, as long as you understand."

"You know," Rainbow interrupted,"There are other ways of having fun."

"Oh no." Twilight said, backing away from Rainbow Dash.

"All you have to do is follow me to a quiet place and we can have fun all night. Come on, Twilight. There's no need to be shy. In fact let's do it right here." Rainbow got into a pouncing position, as if she were about to jump onto Twilight.

Twilight turned and ran away as fast as possible, leaving nothing but a dust cloud behind. Rainbow could faintly hear Twilight's voice in the distance. "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"