• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 2,347 Views, 249 Comments

A Soldier's March (Abandoned) - Diokno44

  • ...
93
 249
 2,347

6. Aetherium

It had been over three hours since Johan's magic-fueled escape, and the group was almost done with the Summoning Circle. Micheal had just finished one of the curves on the circle. After ten minutes, the Circle was complete, and Luna had lowered the moon, turning th night into midnight, they were ready to begin.

Celestia had given Micheal and Brian golden bracers, each with a different gemstone in the center. Micheal's had a fire ruby in his right bracer, in the other was an azure amthyst. Brian had an emerald in his left. and a flawless diamond in his right bracer. Micheal wolf-whistled at the bracers adorning his wrists, before raising his head, staring at Celestia, and asking, "What are these for, aside from looks?"

Celestia giggled a bit, before replying, a warm, almost motherly smile on her face, "These are Magic-Echo Bracers, it allows non-unicorn beings, such as Applejack and Fluttershy over here" Micheal looked over at the mentioned two, who were sporting the same bracers they did, except with differenct gemstones, as Celestia continued, "The ability to either harness the magic within them, such as an Earth Pony's vitality and way with the earth, or a Pegasi's ability to walk on clouds and fly, or, in your case, gain the ability to wield magic, so long as those are on you. They were invented a few years ago by a Magiscientist named Atom Glow, though he originally wanted to make a mane regrower for the balding.pony" Celestia finished, chuckling into her right gilded hoof. "Is everyp-oops, I mean everyone ready?" Celestia asked, looking at the assembled group before her. Everyone nodded their heads.

Micheal and Brian raised their hands pointing in front of them, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash did the same thing with their hooves, which began to glow in a misty azure blue light. Celestia and the other Alicorns/Unicorns powered up theor horns. The Circle began to glow in a pure, almost blinding golden light. It bathed the alabaster walls, the stained glass windows and tapestries of the Conference Room, and the pattern on the circle shot upward toward the royal purple ceiling. There was a pulse, which should pushed the group back, but they held their ground. A loud, chant-like noise reverbarated around them, echoing off the widely spaced walls.

WOM-WOM-WOM

A crack of thunder arose from the center, as a large, glowing portal appeared from the Summoning Circle. A tall, Alicorn-sized being appeared from with, ghost-like, with a golden aura surronding it. The figure turned toward Celestia and Luna, a warm smile on his face. "Celestia, Luna, it's been quite awhile since we last met, a thousand years or so?"

Celestia and Luna smiled back, Luna saying, "Yes, and you'd be glad to know we've (Luna) been cured of our curse, Talos, or should we call you Tiber Septim?" Talos had been a being from another world entirely, who had met their parents after he had ascended to become a Divine, and agreed to be the one to allow entrance to their children, and any they wished, entrance to Aetherium. Celestia and Luna told them the group would be coming with them, the only thing Talos did was nod, before walking back into the portal "Well, let's go." Celestia said, as she lead the group into the portal. Everyone's (except Celestia and Luna) stomach churned, as the portal's path hurled them towards their destination.

They appeared through the portal's exit, each falling on their face, or, in Celestia and Luna's case, on their rump. Twilight looked at the strange, alien world around them, the only thing she said was, "Whoa."

Celestia and Luna turned to the assembled group, who were getting up off the ground, and giggled slightly. Celestia smiled at them, looking them straight in the eye, pointing a hoof behing her, and saying, "Everyone, I welcome you to Aetherium."

A large, cobalt, crystal castle lay in the distance, a shining gem in the world. Their appeared to be a city connected to the castle. The scent of vanilla floated through the air. "Well, what are you lazy-flanks waiting for, Hearth's Warming Eve? I wanna find out what smells yummy!" Pinkie Pie stated, pulling a magic drawn carriage (Think of it like a van) out of her mane, and placed it on the ground, the doors opening upon contace, she grinned at them.

Luna and Micheal were about to say something, before the group replied, "Don't quetion it, its Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie." The two locked their jaws, as they clambered aboard the carriage, which began pulling them towards the large city. Celestia and Luna pulled out their Mintendo DS, and began to wittle the long drive their by gaming. Celestia as playing Ponymon Dawn while Luna was playing Ponymon Dusk. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had fallen asleep, cuddling, Rainbow's right wing was wrapped around Fluttershy. The two had been dating for awhile, starting a few days before Twilight had arrived in Ponyville. The rest of their friends had only found out after Rainbow saved Fluttershy from the Changelings, pecking her on the cheek. Micheal had begun reading the short novel, I have No Mouth and I Must Scream, while Brian had dozed off at some point, pulling his army cap over his face, shading it. Rarity had begun a conversation with Twilight, about the new H.P. Love Croft novel, The Dunwich Horror, which had just been released. A look came over Twilight's face then, turning to Celestia.

"Princess, how long will we be gone? Because I'm worried about-" Twilght was cut off as Celestia shushed her with a hoof.

"Twilight, we've been dating for months now, and we are not in my Day Court, so you can call me Celestia. Also, do'nt worry about Spike, Owlicious, or your daughter. Time moves differently here in Aetherium, what may be days here, is only minutes in Equestria." Celestia smiled, going back to her game, giggling slightly.

Soon, they were approaching the large, gilded gates of the vast city.