• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,052 Views, 43 Comments

Timberwolves Take Over the World - CluelessBrony



The timberwolves grow pegasus wings and unicorn horns.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,052

Twenty Percent More Deadly

Trixie woke up and looked around her. The howling had stopped, the light had dissipated, and everything in her hut seemed normal. Heck, even the timberwolf was still there.

Wait, the timberwolf was still there!

Trixie jumped up off the ground and searched for an exit. The hut had no windows, and only one door. There was only one way out.

Picking up her hat and cape with her magic, she ran towards the exit and burst through the door, only to be stopped in her tracks moments later by a small tree. She plowed into the tree, hitting it headfirst and falling on her flank. Rubbing her throbbing horn, she looked up at the offending plant life, only to discover that she had fallen for the same trick twice.

"That's no tree...", she muttered, going wide-eyed. The timberwolf she was looking at looked back down at her. She closed her eyes in fear, waiting for the wolf to perform the finishing move. Quick as a flash, it opened its maw full of sharp, pointy teeth, and plunged its head towards her, taking a huge bite out of-

Wait a second, Trixie thought. Why hasn't it eaten me yet? She peeked out of one eye. The wolf was licking her. The mare whimpered. It's getting a taste for my flesh!, her mind screamed. After a few more long minutes of waiting, Trixie calmed down. The wolf didn't seem to want to stop licking her. She opened both eyes and looked at the wolf.

Instead of the snarling, vicious face she was expecting, the timberwolf had a puppy-dog face. Its tongue was lolling out of its mouth, and it was panting like a happy dog. Trixie couldn't help but smile. The timberwolf wasn't that bad. Slowly, she lifted her hoof and patted the timberwolf, causing it to wag its tail. She stroked the beast on the top of the head. It was actually pretty cute when it wasn't trying to devour her!

A sound from beside her drew her attention. Another timberwolf was sitting there. She looked around the area, attempting to find out how many timberwolves had decided to have an impromptu camping trip outside her hut. As she looked around, she slowly started regaining the fear she had lost moments ago. What appeared to be hundreds of timberwolves surrounded her hut, leaving her nowhere to run.

A cold sweat broke out on her forehead. "Um, hello...", she said, nervously. "Um, you're not here to eat me, are you?"

Trixie sighed in relief when the timberwolves shook their heads in unison. Wait a second, did they just shake their heads?

"Can... Can you understand me?", she asked. The timberwolves nodded. Trixie tried comprehending what was happening. She thought back to all the things that had happened to her recently, trying to remember something that could help her understand what was going on. She remembered finding the sphere, reading about the artifacts, casting the spell, throwing the timberwolf onto the sphere...

The sphere!

The sphere! The sphere was made of wood! Timberwolves were made of wood! This had to mean something.

Maybe the wolves are the power the sphere promised me?

This line of thought was promising. Maybe she could control the wolves? She could work with that. A timberwolf army could easily take over Canterlot.

Trixie grinned. This was going to be so much fun!