• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,052 Views, 43 Comments

Timberwolves Take Over the World - CluelessBrony



The timberwolves grow pegasus wings and unicorn horns.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,052

Army

It was dark in her hut when Trixie woke up. She needed to get an early start if she wanted to flee the country before the police found her. She let out a soft sigh. While she wasn't happy with the way things turned out yesterday, she would just have to make the best of it. She decided that she would sail across the sea and make a life for her wherever she ended up. Maybe she could even become a travelling magician again!

She rolled over in bed and jumped out of bed. Her hooves brushed something lying on the ground, and she stopped what she was doing. She had not placed anything there. In the following silence, she could hear the sounds of something breathing. Something had been sleeping beside her all night!

Slowly, Trixie turned her head and looked at the door of her hut. It was slightly ajar, its lock completely obliterated. Why would something violently break into her hut just to sleep on the floor beside her?! The azure mare started to hyperventilate. This is not what she needed right now!

Slowly, she peeked her head over the side of her bed. Lying down on the floor beside her was... a pile of sticks? "Well this can't be right...", the mare muttered. As soon as the words left her mouth, the pile of sticks shifted. Upon closer inspection she noticed that the sticks were arranged in a way that made it seem almost like it was alive... and breathing...

The pile of sticks shifted again, revealing glowing yellow eyes and sharp wooden teeth.

A timberwolf had been sleeping beside Trixie all night.

---

Trixie was curled up in a ball, her blanket completely obscuring her from view. Just as she had been for the last hour and a half. The timberwolf had gotten up half an hour ago, but surprisingly, hadn't immediately ripped her to shreds. It was just sitting in front of her bed, staring at her bed, wagging its wooden tail. If she wasn't so afraid, she would have likened its behaviour to that of a well-trained dog waiting for its master.

Eventually, the timberwolf started to get impatient. Trixie wondered why it didn't just hurry up and eat her already. The wooden beast stood up on all four legs and nudged the motionless lump that was Trixie with its nose. The mare in question let out a small squeak, and the wolf took the noise as an invitation.

The wolf jumped up on Trixie's bed and curled up around her. To the wolf, it was a loving show of affection. To Trixie, it was a move made on her life, and she acted out on that assumption. A burst of magic launched itself out of her horn and onto the wolf, launching it through the hut. It landed on its back with a crack, exactly where the sphere was thrown the night before. Later on in life, Trixie would perform a study on that spot and find that that exact spot on the planet had much higher gravity than the rest of the planet.

The glass sphere was crushed under the weight of the wolf, cracking into multiple pieces. A bright green light flowed out of the broken sphere and washed over the wolf, continuing outwards into the forest, illuminating the land for miles. The howls of hundreds of timberwolves assaulted Trixie, stinging her ears. The sound became unbearably loud. Trixie passed out.

When the light and the howling subsided, hundreds of timberwolves surrounded the hut.

They waited.