• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,051 Views, 43 Comments

Timberwolves Take Over the World - CluelessBrony



The timberwolves grow pegasus wings and unicorn horns.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,051

Spell

Trixie opened her eyes. Today was the big day. The day she performed the spell and activated the sphere. The day she would gain all the power of the sphere. The day she became mightier than the princesses!

She jumped out of bed with a smile on her face. After taking her bath the night before, she had washed her cape and her hat, and threw out the ski-mask. She figured she wouldn't have any need to rob anything as the new Princess of Equestria. After putting on her clothes, she grabbed the orb in her magic and stuffed it into her bags. She grabbed a few other items and placed them into her bags as well.

She left her hut with an ever-growing smile on her face as she thought of what she would do as the new princess. Maybe she should rename the country to something a little more fitting, like... like... Trixieland? Trixietopia?

She was so preoccupied with her thoughts that she didn't even realized she had reached the clearing. The wooden sphere was waiting on its pedestal, waiting. Waiting for her. She could hear it, calling out to her. Trixie!, it whispered in her ear, Trixie!

She grinned. She took off her saddlebags and emptied it out, creating a small pile of items. The orb she had stolen yesterday, a dragon's tooth, an Alicorn's feather, a vial of shavings from a unicorn's horn. Trixie subconsciously rubbed her horn with a frown, remembering the pain obtaining that one had caused. Contrary to popular belief, unicorn horns were incredibly sensitive.

She emptied out the remaining contents of her bag and tossed the canvas sack outside the clearing. Picking up each one of the items, she placed them in a circle around the clearing, with the wooden sphere in the middle. Trixie used her magic to remove all the twigs and leaves out of the clearing. "Perfect.", she muttered.
her

The area was ready. She lied down in front of the pedestal and closed her eyes. Channelling her magic, she started to cast the spell. The items she had gathered started to glow, starting with the orb and moving around the circle. Beams of light shot out of the items, connecting to each other and forming a rind around the clearing, before connecting more beams of light to the wooden sphere.

The wooden sphere's green light started to increase as more and more magic was pumped into it. Trixie strained to meet the necessary amount of magic needed to keep the spell stable. Somewhere, the writer of this story snickered at the pun.

The orb's light became blinding. For a few moments, Trixie could hear it calling out to her, congratulating her on finally activating it, finally succeeding with her goal. She couldn't help but open her eyes, knowing full well the amount of light pouring off the sphere would blind her in an instant. Surprisingly, the light didn't hurt her eyes. It was soothing, like staring at a picturesque landscape.

The light died down in an instant. The warmth Trixie had felt disappeared, leaving her feeling cold and empty inside. She continued to lay down on the ground, shivering. When she finally got up, she peeked a look at the sphere.

The sphere had changed. It was smooth, jet black, and let off an ominous green light. Trixie walked up to it and tentatively poked it with her hoof. It felt like it was made of glass, but she couldn't be sure.

This thing is supposed to give me ultimate power?, she thought. I don't feel any different at all!

She paced around. Had she performed the spell incorrectly? Why wasn't it working? She couldn't go back to her old life, the police had been looking for her ever since she had stolen the Alicorn feather she needed for the spell. An ominous howl echoed throughout the trees. She needed to get back to her hut before she turned into some hungry beast's dinner.

Trixie picked up the sphere and all her stolen items and left the clearing.

---

Trixie was lying down on her bed, tears in her eyes. After all the work she had been through, the spell hadn't even worked! She let out a sob. She couldn't even go back to her old life after all she had done. I just had to be such a stupid little filly and believe in old legends...

She picked up the sphere from her bed and turned it around in her hooves. Before, this had been a priceless artifact of great power. Now, it was just some silly old glass ornament. Maybe she could use it on Hearth's Warming Eve? She tossed it off her bed, not caring if it broke. The glass sphere landed on the ground on the other side of her hut with a dull thud.

Trixie sighed and turned over. She would need to get some sleep. She had a big day of moving tomorrow. She was debating running away to either the Zebra Lands or stowing away in a ship sailing across the sea. Closing her eyes, she quickly drifted off into sleep.

On the other side of the hut, the glass orb began to glow with its foreboding green light.