• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 4,850 Views, 176 Comments

Friendship is tough - Jos0511



Whe the main six is transported into our world, their "friendship is magic" isnt so magical

  • ...
7
 176
 4,850

An Unfortunate Trip

Hey! sorry this took so long, this chapter was harder to write then the others. Thank you guys for being patient. Thanks to Therizzen for editting and Swkoogle for support, these guys were really busy with the new write off, but they were nice enough to help me finish this off. There is some swearing in this as well. Thanks again!

After a while we managed to get out of the hospital, it took longer than I would’ve liked because the doctors still wanted me checked over. Fortunately, an accident involving Derpy, and a tree, got their attention, so they dealt with that. We galloped as fast as we could, I had to follow behind because as much My Little Pony that I watched, they never did quite tell you that Twilight’s library was a few doors down form this, or that. The whole time galloping, the crusaders started asking me questions.

“How long have you been here?” asked Sweetie belle.

“Uh, I just got here actually.”

“Really?! Where were you from?” asked Scootaloo.

“Trust me when I say, you don’t know where.”

“Wait, if yer new, then how do you know of Twilight’s Library?” Apple Bloom asked. She raised an eyebrow at me.

“Uh, well…I’ll tell you later.” Damn, I didn’t think they would catch on so fast.

“Why not now?” Sweetie belle was now getting curious.

“It’s a long and weird story, let’s just get to the library,” I said, trying to drop the subject. I could see them looking at me, trying to figure out what type of secret I had. I doubted that they would believe that I’m a human that is somehow in their world. If I brought up the elements of harmony though, they might listen, but that is a last resort. We reached the library and I was about to walk right in, but they stopped me.

“Whats wrong?” I asked.

“You can’t just walk right in! Especially when Spike is so depressed!” Scootaloo said.

“Depressed?”

“Ever since Twilight disappeared he has been acting down. Rarity’s disappearances made it worse.” All three nodded, guess it was common knowledge of spike liking Rarity. Apple Bloom knocked on the door.

“Spike? I know yer busy, but there is someone here that needs Twilight’s books fer help.”

A minute passed, and the door opened. The purple dragon walked out slowly. “Needs Twilight’s books? What for?”

I looked at Spike, and I felt bad for him. His purple scales had paled, he looked like he hadn’t slept in a few days and, upon looking inside, it seemed as if he was trying to find a way to bring Twilight and her friends back. There were books all over the place. I stepped forward.

“Spike, I need them to help me get back to my world.” I told him as calmly as possible.

He looked at me, first with confusion, then caution. “What do you mean your world?”

“There is something weird going on Spike. People are missing in your world, correct? If I can find a way to stop this, everything will be back to normal. I think there might be a book about this here.” I wasn’t sure if this was true, maybe there was no book, maybe I was trapped here like how Twilight and her friends were trapped in my world. I put that out of my head, I needed to find a way back, and then help get them back.

Spike nodded. “Ok fine you can check, I’m trying to find a book like that anyways.” He sounded grumpy, but he let us in.


- - -

We had been searching for what seemed like hours. We looked through a lot of books, but not one of them could explain anything about what’s going on. A few minutes later, I noticed that Applebloom and Scootaloo were looking out the window.

“Guys! We need to concentrate here. What are you looking at?” They both looked frightened. I was confused. “Hey! Applebloom? Scootaloo?”

“Whats that?” I heard Scootaloo say in a low voice.

I had no Idea what she was talking about untill I heard a weird buzzing noise. I looked out the window and I saw a something really far away in the sky. It had two parts sticking out of its side, like wings.

“That’s a plane, haven’t you guys seen-“ I looked back out at the plane. What was a plane doing in Equestria? A memory flashed in my head of Rainbow Dash holding the Wonderbolt cap. I had an idea.

“Spike!” I was so exited I started to fly. “Spike do you- HOLY CELESTIA HOW DO I GET DOWN?!” I started to panic. My altitude started dropping until I slammed into the ground.

“Whoa! Are you ok?” I heard Scootaloo ask.

I nodded. “Spike! Do you have a book about alternate universes?”

He thought for a minute. “I think so, It might be in the supernatural book.” He started looking in a shelf across the room. He pulled out a green book and opened it. “Lets see…hmm...Oh! Here it is! The book of travel. One of the first rulers of Equestria, a very powerful alicorn, created a book that allowed ponies to travel through the different universes. Unfortunately, his brother, who was only a unicorn, got angry at the thought of this book being made.”

“How cliché,” I said

“The brother tried to tamper with the book, but the book, only to be wielded by an alicorn, became unstable. The whole room where it was kept collapsed, and the book was never seen again.”

“Well there goes that plan,” said Scootaloo, lowering her head.

“What are you talking about? The book must still exist! It’s either in your world, or in my world. The two universes are colliding, the plane explains that,” I said.

“We have a problem. Who was the one that read from it?” Spike asked, he looked as if he had regained some of his original colour. “There is something here saying that it could be read in any language, anyone can read it.”

That troubled me. I had no idea who would do this, maybe they though it was new reading material, or maybe they wanted these universes to collide. If they meant it to be good or bad intentions, this was happening and it needs to stop.

“Ok, I guess we got to look for this book, you guys look in this world, and I’ll look in mine.”

“What makes you think the book is in yer world?” Apple Bloom asked. I couldn’t keep it a secret anymore. They are either going to believe that it’s happening, or probably send me into Canterlot’s dungeon for being insane.

“Because there are things happening in my world that’s also happening in yours. For starters…Twilight and her friends are in my world.” There was silence. I was afraid that they were going to yell for the guards. Instead they started asking me if everyone was alright. They asked about Twilight and her friends, if they were alright, how they were doing. I was bombarded with so many questions that I probably would have felt better if they had called me crazy. When they all calmed down I finally had a chance to answer their questions.

“Yes they are alright. I found Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie so far. Rarity and Applejack are still missing, but you guys have my word that I’ll find them.”

That reassured them for a while. I was surprised that they had believed me right away, but seeing that these guys just might’ve given up hope on trying to find their friends and family, I think this helped.

“How are you going to get back?” Spike asked.

“I’m not sure, it’s kind of random how this works, but every time I get this huge headache, I seem to travel between the two worlds.”

As if on cue, the headache came. I started to stumble. I heard Applebloom gasp.

“You mean that’s what happened to you? You went back to yer universe?” I could see in her face that she understood why I had all of a sudden passed out before. I tried to answer, but I couldn’t control my mouth. I fell over and felt really sleepy. The last thing I saw were the crusaders coming closer to me, wondering if I was going to be ok.

- - -

I woke up, lying down on my bed. I remembered passing out in the hallway, so either I had been sleep walking, or someone put me here. I blinked. Now I wasn’t so sure that was a dream, if anything that was real, and this book needs to be found immediately. I got up slowly, the headache was still there, but it was dying down now. Before I could move another inch however, I felt someone throw their arms around my neck.

“Wha-?!” I was caught off guard. I looked and saw Twilight there. She was crushing me with that hug. “Tw-Twilight! My neck!” She didn’t let go for a good minute. When she did, I was able to catch my breath.

“Oh geez Twilight! How long was I out?” I asked.

“For a whole day! Seethe you really worried us,” Twilight said. She sounded so happy, for a moment I thought she was going to hug me again.

“A whole day?!” I got up, but pain lanced through my head. I fell back down on my bed.

“Whatever hit you is still there, you need to rest for a bit,” she said, trying to calm me down.

“No, got to get up. Might’ve found a way to get you back home.”

That last part excited her. “Really?! How?”

I told her about what happened, my little trip to her world. I didn’t know if she was going to believe me, but out of the four of them, Twilight seemed to have the most faith. When I finished, she sat there for a minute.

“So, this book is what’s causing everything? And now our worlds might collide? Do you know how long we have?”

“I’m not sure, it could be days, weeks, or months before it happens.”

“Well before we find this book, we need to find Applejack and Rarity first. You still need to rest, I’ll go down stairs and tell the others.” She got up, gave me another hug to show that she’s glad I’m alright, then left.

I sat there, thinking. We already found out how to get them back, and found four of her friends. Pretty soon they will be gone. That thought depressed me, but I knew it was the right thing to tell Twilight. They didn’t belong in this world, and as much as I wanted them to stay a bit longer, I knew that they had family and friends waiting for them back home. It would be selfish if I wanted them to stay. I closed my eyes, hopefully the time I have with them will be the best.

- - -

When I opened them again it was mid-day. I felt better after that little nap, and I went down stairs.

“Good afternoon Seethe, are you feeling any better?” asked Fluttershy. She was sitting down in the living room, watching T.V.

“I’m doing alright, what are you doing?” I saw that she had the discovery channel on. I don’t know how she managed to find it, but I guess she missed the wildlife in Equestria.

“Oh, I’m just feeling homesick…” She turned her attention back to the television, where they were talking about rabbits.

“Where is everyone else?” I looked around, surprised to see the house empty.

“They went to look for Rarity and Applejack, they should be back later in the evening.” Her attention was still directed towards the television.

I felt worried about them being out there by themselves, but as long as they didn't attract attention to themselves, they should be fine. I looked back at Fluttershy. She misses the nature, and in this town, there is barley any. I started to think, there had to be someplace that would still have some type of wildlife…

“Hey Fluttershy, since it’s just you and me, do you want to go to the zoo?” I hadn’t been there in a long time, but I thought that she might enjoy it. She looked at me, confused.

“Zoo? What is a zoo?”

“It’s a place where you can see all the different types of animals of the world. Most of the time you just look at them, but there is a petting zoo there if memory serves. You can go and play with the little animals.” I don’t know if it was the part about seeing different animals, or playing with the small ones, but she smiled and jumped to her feet.

“That sounds like something I would like, can we go?”

“Sure Fluttershy, we can go right after we get something to eat for lunch.”

She had been so excited about it that she ended up rushing through her meal. I was happy that I relieved her of her homesickness, she had looked too gloomy, and I never liked it when someone was feeling glum. When we finished, she couldn’t wait to get out the door. She was always a few steps ahead of me, so I told her where to turn so she wouldn’t wonder off. She kept asking me about the different animals that were going to be there. I smiled.

“Fluttershy, there are a lot of animals there, It is much better to see them in person-er in pony then hearing it from someone’s mouth,” I said. I wanted her to be surprised when she saw the animals. She pouted at me, but she kept moving.

We crossed a bridge that lead into town. I stopped and looked around. This bridge brought back memories, sad ones unfortunately. This bridge was where I heard of my brother’s death, where my parents told me about their long vacation, and where I found out that Steve betrayed me. I looked down at the traffic. I always came here even though this place cursed me. Multiple times I had an urge to jump, land on a car, or the pavement and end this horrible life. Today the urge was there still, but it wasn’t as strong as usual. I guess these girls helped with that.

“Seethe? Whats wrong?” Fluttershy asked. She noticed that I wasn’t following, and she must have picked up that I wasn’t feeling the best.

It took me a few seconds to look back at her. “Nothing. We should get going, the zoo is really close.”

As we were walking away, I looked back at the bridge. I had a strange feeling that I would be coming back one day.

- - -

The Zoo was packed with people. I didn’t know that people still went here, I guess this was a great family bonding past time or something. That didn’t bother Fluttershy, which I was shocked about. She was really interested in an animal with a very long neck.

“Whoa! What is that creature?” She sounded like a little kid finding an awesome looking toy.

“That’s a Giraffe,” I told her.

“It has such a long neck! It can reach the top of the trees!” She looked at the next animal.

“Whoa! What a long nose!” She ran towards the big grey animals.

“Those are elephants, yeah they have huge noses.” I think some of Fluttershy’s fascination rubbed off on me. I looked at the elephants and smiled. Fluttershy turned her attention to another animal.

“What is that? It has a weird mane on it!”

She ran towards the animal and accidentally spooked it. It let out a loud roar, and Fluttershy leaped back in fright. She hid behind me.

“That was a lion, let’s skip this one.” I pulled her along to the other animals of the zoo. We saw a lot of different animals, tigers (she didn’t like them as much as the lion), penguins (She didn’t want to leave when I tried to pull her along), Zebras (She tried to communicate with one of them, thinking it was related to Zecora) and a lot of other animals that she found interesting. Watching her run around, excited to see new and strange creature, made me remember when I was like that back in the day. I smiled at the memory of my brother and I looking at all the cool animals. We would run around, trying to see all the animals, but our parents would grow bored and want to leave. My smile quickly faded at that thought.

We walked over to the petting zoo area. Fluttershy asked me if there were going to be any bunnies there.

“I’m not sure,” I admitted.

She put on a sad face. “Oh. That’s ok.”

Another homesick moment. She missed Angel.

“Well, there might be other small animals you might like, and there might be a bunny there.” I didn’t want her to feel bad again. She looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

I wasn’t expecting there to be a rabbit, but there turned out to be quite a few. Fluttershy ran to them and started petting them. She had this huge grin on her face, it made me smile.

She seemed out of place there, not because it was full of animals and she was the only human, but she was the only human above the age of 14 there. The adults and some kids were looking at her weird, what was a teenage girl doing in a petting zoo acting like a little kid? It disturbed me a little, did it really matter? I would’ve left it alone, but then a group of teenagers came in. There were only two of them, a boy and a girl. They were probably around the age of 15. They acted like some of the kids in my school: cocky, thinking they are better than everyone. I rolled my eyes, today just got worse.

“Seethe, do you want to pet some of the bunnies?” I heard Fluttershy ask. I looked at her, smiled, and shook my head.

“Look at that, there is a chick in the bunny pen,” said the boy.

“She is so not acting her age,” said the girl.

I looked at them, you guys are not acting your age. Why were they here anyway, just to cause misery? I looked around at the adults, none of them were looking at the kids like they had been looking at Fluttershy before. I saw the boys eyes light up. He whispered something in the girls’ ear, and she giggled.

“What are you guys planning?” I said to myself. I saw the guy walk into the rabbit pen, pretending like he was minding his own business. I saw him eyeball the pen next door, the pig pen. He smiled as he inched closer to Fluttershy.

“Don’t you do it…” I said. I started walking towards them. The guy was already beside Fluttershy, who was looking around for a bunny. The guy ‘pretended’ to trip and he started to stumble. Fluttershy noticed him, and tried to back up, but she couldn’t move back more with out falling over to the other pen. I saw what the kid was going to do before he did it.

“Hey!” I yelled out, but no one turned. The guy pushed Fluttershy, and she fell over into the pig pen. Mud and other debris flew as she hit the ground. The boy and girl started laughing, some of the adults started to as well, probably thinking that she fell over by accident. I saw Fluttershy get up, mud all over her face and clothes. She looked around at the people laughing at her, and put her head down. I saw tears streaming down her face. She tried to wipe them, rubbing more mud onto her face. Feeling embarrassed, she started to run towards the nearest bathroom.

“Fluttershy!” I called out to her, but she kept running.

“Did you see that? That was awesome!” the boy said, trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard.

“She must be so embarrassed right now!” the girl said, chuckling to herself.

I felt anger starting to rise inside of me. Poor Fluttershy, she hadn’t done anything wrong. She didn’t deserve that. I walked towards the kids.

“What the hell was that for?!” I yelled at them. They looked at me in surprise.

“What? It was a joke,” the girl said.

“Come on, it was funny!” the guy said, trying not to laugh.

“You thought that was funny?! You guys are sick!” I was so mad, I pushed the guy, who fell into the pig pen. I didn’t mean to make him fall in there, but I think subconsciously, I was aiming for that.

The girl gasped as mud flew onto her. The guy slowly got up, and he started to wipe the mud off of him.

“That’s it, your dead now!” he said to me, like I was threatened by him. I towered over him, glaring down at his muddy face.

“Bring it punk,” I said in a very calm voice. I don’t think of myself as the intimidating type, but the kid looked terrified right then, he almost fell again trying to get out of the pen. I looked at the adults around us. They were staring at me as if I were some type of insect they just noticed. I walked away, I needed to find Fluttershy.


- - -

It took a while, but I finally found her sitting down on a bench, staring down at the Zebra. She had gotten almost all of the mud off of herself, except for some little bits that clung to her clothes. She was still crying. I felt guilty. It was my fault, I took her out here, I wasn’t fast enough to stop the kid form pushing her, and I wasn’t there to help her after she was pushed. I walked over to her. She noticed me and started to wipe away some of her tears.

“Hey Fluttershy. I’m so sorry about that, I should’ve stopped him when I saw him trying to get closer to you.” I felt worse saying it out loud.

She looked up at me, red-eyed. “It’s ok Seethe. I’m fine now, see.” She looked like she wanted to hide and never be seen again.

I sat down beside her. “Do you want to go home?”

She didn’t look at me, but she nodded.

“Ok, let’s get up and go home.” I put my hand out to help her up, but she just sat there.

“Fluttershy?” I asked.

“Seethe…” She looked at me. “Thank you.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Thank you?”

She nodded. “I know that this trip wasn’t as you planned, but I was happy for a while. Some of these creatures look so beautiful.” She stared down at the zebra. “When I left after he pushed me, I saw what you did. You stood up for me. The whole time I’ve been in this world, I have seen some very mean people. You were the only one that tried to be nice.” Her voice was cracking as tears formed in the corner of her eyes. “Thank you Seethe. I don’t know how I would’ve gotten along in this world without you and Twilight finding me.”

I patted her shoulder. “Fluttershy, I should be thanking you. I never would’ve imagined having friends like you guys. You guys were the best thing that happened to me in a long time.” Every word was true. The day that Twilight came to my door, I was at the breaking point. I had enough of all the teasing and bullying, no one was helping me, and I had no where to go.

Fluttershy did something that would’ve made Kevin want to punch me. She hugged me. I never imagined getting a hug from Fluttershy, but it felt nice. I hugged her back. It didn’t feel awkward to me, she just wanted to be comforted. After a few minutes I told her that we should get going. She smiled at me, and nodded.

- - -

I wasn’t expecting to see everyone back home when we arrived. Twilight was reading her book again while Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were watching T.V.

“Where did you guys go?” Twilight asked, glancing at us from the corner of her eye.

“We went to the zoo,” Fluttershy said.

“Zoo?” twilight asked. I forgot they didn’t know what a zoo was.

“It’s a place that had some interesting animals that we’ve never seen before.” Fluttershy sounded happy.

“Wow, that sounds like the perfect place for you Fluttershy. How did you know she liked animals Seethe?” Twilight asked.

“Lucky guess?” I said. I almost got caught again. I needed to change the subject before they asked any more questions. “So how was the search?”

“We didn’t find either of them, although we found out that there is a new girl enrolling in your school tomorrow,” Rainbow Dash said, she turned away from the television to look at us.

“You think she is one of your friends?”

“We’re guessing, if she is new, then it’s a likely chance,” Twilight said. Her attention was on the book again. “So we’re going to your school tomorrow.”

“Uh, no. I’m not having what happened on Friday happen tomorrow,” I said.

“But if it is one of our friends then we need to come with you. They wont believe you if you try to tell them.” Twilight stared at me. She sounded annoyed.

“Twilight I-“

“Hey, how do you think everyone is doing back in Equestria?” I heard Pinkie Pie ask.

“Twilight, you didn’t tell them?” I sounded a little annoyed myself.

“Sorry, I forgot.” She blushed.

I gave them the quick explanation of what happened when I passed out. The other three looked at me weird, but a nod form Twilight got them to believe me. I guess they trusted her more than me.

“So everyone is freaking out?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“And a book might get us back home?” Fluttershy asked.

“And you turned into a stallion?!” Pinkie Pie gasped.

“Yes, yes and…yes Pinkie Pie. We can’t do anything about this yet until we find everyone else. Right now, I’m tired, and I want to get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be tough.”

They looked at me funny, but I didn’t want to talk about it. The way that they looked at me when I was telling the story, I didn’t like that type of attention. Especially when they were looking at me as if I were crazy. I usually get that look at school, but from them, I felt like a freak. I went to my room and laid down on my bed. I needed some rest after today.

“Seethe, make sure you turn that alarm clock down! I don’t want to be woken up like that again!” I heard Twilight yell at me.

I smiled. “Ha! I’ll try to remember that.”