• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 4,839 Views, 176 Comments

Friendship is tough - Jos0511



Whe the main six is transported into our world, their "friendship is magic" isnt so magical

  • ...
7
 176
 4,839

This isnt Right...

( First off, Exams were great, but thats doesnt matter! Thanks for waiting, you guys are awsome! Thank Therizzen and Skwoogle again for editing! To my knowledge there is no swaring in this chapter [you think I would rememebr since I wrote it XD]. Now if there is something you dont understand, or that there is something wrong with this, please tell me.)


“APPLEJACK!” I heard someone yell. I opened my eyes, and to my surprise I wasn’t in my room anymore, I was in Ponyville. I have no idea how I had gotten here, nor did I know why. I saw rarity’s dress shop to my left and the town hall on my right. Directly in front of me was a little filly, running around everywhere looking for something…or somepony?

She galloped up to me, with big worried eyes she asked me, “Have you seen Applejack?”

I realized that this filly was Apple Bloom, Applejack’s little sister. I knew the answer to her question, she wasn’t in Equestria anymore, but I was more concerned about something else.

“Um...aren’t you wondering why a human is here?” I asked.

She looked at me, not with worry, but confusion. “Human? What in tar nation is that?”

I was a bit confused myself, she wasn’t freaking out about seeing a human….wait… I looked down at my body, and with horror I realized that I wasn’t a human anymore. I had hooves, a brown coat like the color of my hair, and…I had wings?! I was a Pegasus! I started freaking out. I looked back down at Apple Bloom, who was now cautiously walking away.

“Whats going on?! Why am I a stallion?!” I asked her.

“Are you ok mister? You’re starting to scare me,” she said.

I looked around to see if somepony else will help me, but the townsfolk were too busy. I saw the little purple dragon Spike walking around calling out for Twilight, Scootaloo trying to look for Rainbow Dash in the sky, Sweetie belle crying out for Rarity, the Cakes looking for Pinkie Pie, and some Pegasus looking in the forests for Fluttershy. All of Ponyville was looking for the Elements of Harmony, and none of them knew about them entering my world. I looked back at Applebloom, who was now moving away to find Applejack.

“Hey hold on! What happened to AppleJack?” I asked, hoping that this will help me get some answers.

She was cautious at first, probably wondering if I was sane or not, but she must’ve seen something inside me saying that I wanted to help. “I don’t know. One minute they were here, n’ then some light showed up. All of a sudden they disappeared. I’m so worried about my sister!” Apple Bloom looked like she was about to cry. I was not sure how to comfort ponies in my unusual state, so I patted her head with my hoof. It calmed her down a bit.

“Do you know anything before that? Maybe something fell out of the sky, or something bad happened?”

Apple Bloom thought for a minute. “No, I don’t think I remember if there was anythin’ like that.”

Before I could ask another question, a huge headache hit me. I staggered, trying to keep my balance, but this headache was intense. I fell over, and my eyes were getting heavy. I saw Apple Bloom looking at me, and she was trying to say something, but I couldn’t hear anything. I blinked, and the next thing I knew I was back in my room. I looked around, making sure that I wasn’t dreaming. I rested my head against my pillow. “That was a very strange dream.”

“No kidding! You were flopping around, tossing and turning! You even mumbled in your sleep!” I heard someone say. I turned towards the sound of the voice and saw a pink, fluffy haired girl standing there. I couldn’t believe I missed her. I was trying to form words in my mouth, like ‘What the hell?’ and ‘How did you get in here?’ but I was more confused about her being there in the first place.

She smiled at me. “Oh good, you’re up now! I thought you were up a few times earlier, and I tried to talk to you, but you seemed out of it, so I left you alone.” She said it so cheerfully that I had to assume that this was Pinkie Pie. “So, what’s your name? Mine’s Pinkie Pie! I know, sounds delicious! I tried to make one before, but It tasted really bad, so I tried to make another one, and-“

“TWILIGHT!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. Her constant talking was…unbearable, especially when I was half asleep. She continued talking though, like I didn’t just interrupt her by yelling. I heard footsteps running up the stairs. A few seconds later, Twilight popped her head through the doorway.

“Is everything alright Seethe?” she asked.

“Everything alright? Where did you find her, and why was she in my room while I was sleeping?!” I yelled again. I don’t like it when I have no privacy.

Twilight seemed to realize that Pinkie Pie was in my room. “Pinkie Pie? What are you doing?”

Pinkie Pie turned to Twilight. “Well, he was still asleep, and I looked at the time realizing that it was 11:30 am. It’s too late for sleeping, so I waited here to tell him about it.”

I blinked hard. “Did you just say its 11:30?”

She nodded. I jumped out of my bed and ran past Pinkie Pie to get to my dresser. Why did my alarm not go off? I was going to be late for work!

“Uh, Seethe? Whats wrong?” Twilight asked.

“I’m going to be late for work, that’s whats wrong!” I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I shut the door so I could change in the bathroom with no interruptions. As I got my new clothes on and started brushing my teeth I heard someone knocking on the door.

“Seethe, where are you going?” I head Twilight ask.

I stopped my brushing and stared at the door in the mirror. “I going out for a while, wont be back ‘till 4pm or so.”

“Do you think one of our friends will be where you work?” she asked.

“I’m not sure, there is a chance, but you’re not going to come with me.” I said, regretting it as soon as the words left my mouth.

“Not coming with you? Why not? How will my friends believe you when you tell them about us here?” Her voice was raised a bit.

“Twilight, I’m not having another incident like yesterday. Knowing my luck, Steve will be there, but there is a chance he won’t see me. If you, Rainbow Dash, or even Fluttershy came with me, I’m sure he will be picking on you guys.”

“Come on Seethe, I’ll be ok.” I heard Rainbow Dash’s voice outside the door.

“Rainbow Dash, I felt bad when you got hit yesterday. There is no way you guys are coming with me.” My voice was now raised.

I heard nothing outside my door, and thought that they had finally agreed it would be a bad idea for them to come with me. I hated feeling like the bad guy, but I felt responsible for them. When I got out, I saw Twilight and Rainbow Dash standing there. “When I get back, I want you guys to explain to me where you found her.” I pointed to Pinkie Pie, who was standing outside my room. “And to make sure that she doesn’t go into my room again.”

They didn’t like it, but they agreed. I ran downstairs, said hi to Fluttershy who was eating breakfast, and ran out the door.

- - -

Now at this point you’re probably wondering what kind of job I have. I work at a book store, stocking shelves. It’s not the best job in the world, but I get to read a lot, and time passes by pretty fast when you’ve found a good book. Am I allowed to read while working? No, but I do it anyway. The bookstore is inside a mall, so if I get really bored, I can just explore the mall. My boss doesn’t mind, in fact he doesn’t like me anyways. Why do I stay in this job? Well, I love reading books. I guess I’m like Twilight.

My boss was waiting for me. I was only a few minutes late, but he didn’t care. He glared at me, the way that Steve glares at me every time I manage to piss him off. Did I mention that my boss was Steve’s dad?

“You’re late,” he growled at me.

“Yeah, got held up at home,” I said, even though I knew he wasn’t going to accept that excuse.

He rolled his eyes, and walked off. I ran into the back and started to unbox the new books. I was glad that Steve didin’t work here. He never got along with his dad, and his dad wasn’t as bad as him. There were times that his dad was actually nice, and I got along with him well, but most of the time he was a jerk.

There were times where I had to deal with customers. Either they were looking for a book, or getting mad at me because they didn’t know we don’t carry their book. I don’t like it when they yell at me for some of those reasons, but I can’t do anything about it. Fortunately, my boss deals with them. He kindly shows them where to go for the right book, and when they are gone he calls them names behind their backs. That’s bad I know, but when customers yell at you because they think you’re stupid for not getting them their book, it makes you feel better.

I was in the back room, reading a book, when I heard my boss yelling my name. “Seethe! You have a customer!” He never calls me to deal with a customer. I was curious who this was. I walked out of the back room, and I saw Twilight standing there. When she saw me she smiled and waved.

“Seethe!”

I walked over to her. “Twilight, what are you doing here? I told you to not come here...how did you even know I was here?”

“We followed you,” she said casually.

“You followed me?! Why would you- wait whose we?”

I saw Pinkie Pie jump out from behind Twilight. “Hey Seethe!” she said cheerfully.

I jumped back in surprise. “Geez, stop that! You’re going to give me a heart attack if you keep this up!” She just smiled innocently. “Is there anyone else here with you?” I asked Twilight.

She nodded. “Dash and Fluttershy are here too.” She pointed to the shop next door, a sports store. “Dash said that store looks pretty good, so she went in there with Fluttershy.”

I looked at my watch. It said 3:30pm. “Why did you come here so late if you followed me?”

Pinkie Pie jumped up and down. “There were so many cool stores, we got stuck in a few.”

I stared at her for a minute. “Twilight, where did you find her?”

Pinkie Pie beat her to it. “Oh! I was lost for a while, and then some nice lady pointed me to your street. I went to a few houses ‘till Twilight answered the door.”

“Nice lady?” I never knew any nice ladies. Why was there one helping them? I looked at my boss. “Hey, is it alright if I get off early?”

He looked at me. “I guess, you’re pretty much finished anyway.”

- - -


Twilight wanted to stay in the book store, and Pinkie Pie stayed with Twilight, so I went to get something to eat, I was starving. I went to the food court and looked around for a place to eat. “Hm…chinese food? Nope. KFC? Maybe…” Before I was able to decide, I heard someone say my name.

“Hey Seethe!”

I looked and saw Kevin sitting down at a table. I waved. “Kevin! Hey, whats up?”

He gestured for me to sit down. “I’m good, getting something to eat.”

I smiled. “I can see that.”

We sat there talking for a while. Nothing interesting, our pasts, whats happening in our lives now, all that stuff. I was tapped on the shoulder and saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy standing behind me.

“Hey guys, whats up?” I asked.

“Seethe, I was trying to get a new hat, but they won’t accept our bits,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Bits?” Kevin said.

I looked back at Kevin. “It’s their currency.”

He nodded. I looked at Rainbow Dash. “Ok, hold on, I’ll go with you to the store.”

- - -

Dash ran into the store and was looking for the hat that she wanted to buy. Fluttershy lost interest and was looking at the pet store across the hall. Me and Kevin sat outside the store. I looked at Kevin who kept looking at Fluttershy.

“Dude, you’re going to creep her out. You’re creeping me out,” I said.

He looked at me innocently. “Dude, It’s so weird seeing her in real life.”

I nodded. It was weird for me to get used to that as well. I looked at Rainbow Dash, who was trying to jump to get a hat. I smiled.

“It’s defiantly weird. It still is weird actually,” I admitted.

Kevin saw me looking at Dash. “Dude, you’re going to creep her out.”

I punched him in the arm. “Hey! Don’t be a hypocrite!”

He started laughing. I never would’ve imagined hanging out with someone like Kevin. It felt nice. Kevin was really cool, and I was sure he wasn’t going to backstab me like Steve.

Kevin looked back at Fluttershy. “What’s it like, having them around?”

I didn’t know how to answer that. It seemed like an easy enough question, but I couldn’t find the words I wanted.

“You know Seethe, I’m glad this happened to you. From what I’ve heard about your past from Steve, it wasn’t good.” He looked at me, and I saw sympathy in his face. “If this never happened to you…I would say you’d be on the verge of depression, or maybe already there.”

I nodded. I understood what Kevin was saying. After my brother died, my life had been going down hill. There were times that I felt like this world was cruel and wasn’t for me at all.
Kevin probably knew he hit a sore spot, so he deicide to change it to something more enjoyable. “Do you think I should ask Fluttershy out?”

That snapped me out of it. “What? Where did that come from?”

“Come on Seethe, I think it could work out,” he said jokingly.

“Yeah, I can imagine it now. You walking up to her about to ask, she gets nervous and freaks out. That could be a very good date.”

He punched me in the arm. “Now that’s not nice.”

I laughed. “Ok, sorry. I just think she’s too nervous.”

“How about this, if I end up asking her out, and she says yes, then you gotta ask out one of the others.”

I blinked. “I’m sorry, did I hear you right?”

Kevin raised an eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you don’t like one of them?”

“Listen, its like I have four sisters I have to take care of. There is a smart one, a shy one, an athletic one, and … a crazy one. I would be lying if I said I don’t have feelings for them, but it’s like a family type love. Yeah, I’ve only known them for a day or two, but I’ve never felt like I’ve had a good family until now.”

Kevin patted my back. “You’re a lucky kid Seethe, I don’t have any siblings.” He looked at the store Rainbow Dash was in. “I think Dash found her hat.”

I saw Dash waving at me. Holding a hat in her hand, she had this huge grin on her face. “Wait here, and keep an eye on Fluttershy... well you’re already doing that.” I grinned.

When I walked over to Rainbow Dash, she showed me her hat. It was a baseball cap, blue all the way around. In the front it had a big ‘W’ surrounded with thunderbolts. I stared at it for a few minutes. I knew right away why she picked it, it looked like a wonderbolt merchandise item, but I was confused. I had no idea what team it was from, or what type of sport. I looked up at Rainbow Dash, she was still grinning.

“This is so cool! Can I have it? Please?”

“Sure, I guess.” I had a weird feeling. My brother told me almost all the sport teams there were, and they were burrowed into my brain. I don’t know if this was a new team, or just something to look cool. Dash looked so happy though, I didn’t want to say anything. Right when I paid for the hat, she immediately took off her toque, and put on the hat. Her grin got bigger as she wore it proudly around the store. I shook my head. “Come on Dash, let’s go find the others. We should be going home.” She nodded and followed me out of the store.

Waiting for Twilight to get out of the book store was unbearable. I think she was trying to read every book there was. I saw Pinkie Pie walk out and immediately begin chatting with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

I looked at Kevin. “Do you want to wait here with them, or help me get Twilight out of the store.” He looked back at the group behind him. “I’m coming with you.”

After a few minutes of trying to get Twilight away from a new book she was reading, I decided to pull a Rainbow Dash. I told Kevin to help me drag her out of the store, so we can go home. Imagine, two guys dragging a teenage girl out of a store, not a pretty picture, right? It didn’t take long for the mall cops to stop us when we got out of the book store.

“Uh, hi officers…” Kevin said. I face palmed. Now we seem like kidnappers, great. While Kevin was distracting the mall cops, I told Twilight to start walking out of the store with everyone, hopefully they will let this slide. By the looks of things, we were in big trouble. I thought we were going to mall jail, (or whatever they call it), when a kid skateboarded by, and the mall cops lost interest in us. We both sighed with relief.

“Seethe, next time I’m staying with the girls,” Kevin said.

- - -

When I finally got home I saw Twilight reading her astronomy book at the kitchen table. She heard the door open, and looked at me. “What happened?”

I smiled. “Me and my partner in crime got away. Where is everyone else?”

“They are upstairs, trying to figure out what room Pinkie Pie should get.”

I heard a loud yes, and my eyes shot towards the stairs. “What in Equestria is that?” I heard Twilight suppress a laugh.

“What?” I asked her.

“What in Equestria? Seethe, you’re talking like us now,” she laughed.

I put my hand to my mouth. “Did I really say that?” I asked.

I heard a yell, followed by gun shot. “Oh no.”

I ran upstairs, and started looking around. I heard someone yell ‘I got you now!’ and I looked towards my room. “Whose in my room?!” I yelled. I opened my door, and saw Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash sitting down on my floor, playing Halo. They both looked at me, giving me sheepish smiles. I looked on my bed and saw Fluttershy cowering behind a pillow. “One, why are you guys in my room? Two, how did you set this up? And three, why do I have a huge headache right now?!” The last question came out of nowhere, but I was too angry to not say it.

“Well we got bored, so me and Dash went up here to play Halo,” Pinkie Pie said.

“But how did you set this up? I’m pretty sure you guys didn’t have Xbox in Equestria.”

“Well, there is only one button on the big white box, and it wasn’t hard to learn the controls, we got right into it.”

I looked at Dash. “How does she know what she is doing?”

She shrugged. “Its Pinkie Pie, no one knows how she knows stuff.” She looked back at Fluttershy. “You know you can go down stairs with Twilight, right?”

Flutterhsy nodded. “I’ll be going now. There is too much noise here.” She rushed past me, and ran downstairs. Before I could say anything Pinkie Pie yelled out, “Ah-Ha! I got you with my active camo!”

Dash looked back at the screen with surprise. “Pinkie Pie, I was distracted!”

“I’m not Pinkie Pie,” her voice got lower. “I am Spartan 117, Master Chief!”

I laughed a bit too loudly. “I knew it, I’m going insane. I’ll be back, I need something for this headache I have.”

Walking to the bathroom, the headache got worse. I felt myself losing balance. A few more feet, and I fell over. I tried to get up again, but I felt really heavy. My eyes started to close, and the next thing I knew I was back In Equestria.

“Wha- What!?” I got up. I was in a hospital. I looked around, and I saw Apple Bloom sitting at the end of the bed.

“Are you ok now mister?” she asked.

“What happened? Why am I here?” I said.

“You fainted. Me n’ the crusaders helped you get here.” She pointed a hoof at the other two fillies sitting on either end of the bed.

“We dragged you to the hospital, it took a while though,” Sweetie belle said.

I felt my back, It was sore from being dragged. I realized that I was a stallion again. I didn’t freak out as much as last time, but I was still surprised. I had an Idea. I looked at the crusaders. ”Can you guys direct me to Twilight’s Library?”

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. “Why do you want to go there?”

“I need to find out whats wrong with me, and I’m pretty sure that Twilight might have a book about it.” I was glad they didn’t ask any questions about how I might know this (Thank you My Little Pony!). All three nodded.

“Sure, we might get our cutie mark if we help you out,” said Sweetie belle.

“Yeah, a help a pony out Cutie mark!” exclaimed Scootaloo.

“Or bring an insane pony across the road cutie mark!” said Apple Bloom

“Hey! I’m not insane…Well I hope not. Just help me get there,” I said in irritation.