• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 4,846 Views, 176 Comments

Friendship is tough - Jos0511



Whe the main six is transported into our world, their "friendship is magic" isnt so magical

  • ...
7
 176
 4,846

Unforgettable Past

{I just want to say thanks again for reading this story. Feedback on this and past chapters are wanted greatly, and thank you if you already have given feedback. Thank Therizzen and Skwoogle for editing, Im pretty sure if you ask them, my original work was...really really bad. Please be advided, there are some more swearing in this chapter.}


The Library was (as usual) next to empty. The only ones inside were usually nerds (who, by the way, are rare in this school) or people having trouble fitting in (again, rare). When Dash and I walked in, there were about five other people inside. We both looked around.

"I don’t see them..." said Dash. Her voice sounded close to panicking.

The library was about the size of a university classroom. It wasn’t really big when you looked at it, but with all the shelves it seemed like it was huge. I looked in the back corner of the library and I saw a purple haired girl sitting in a chair, reading a book. She looked really into it, and every few seconds she would turn the page.

"Found Twilight." I pointed towards Twilight.

Twilight looked up, a huge grin was on her face. "Seethe, why didn’t you take me here earlier? This place is so cool! So many books I haven’t read yet!" She got back into her book. As we walked closer to her I was able to read what the cover said.

"Astronomy 101. Why are you reading that?"

It took a few minutes for Twilight to get unattached from her book. "After you told me about how your sun and moon works here, I wanted to learn more. Turns out you were right!"

I didn’t know if I should’ve been happy that she wanted to learn more about this world, or upset that she thought I was wrong about how my universe worked. Dash looked around.

"Where's Fluttershy?" she asked.

"I’m here..." Her small voice was heard from the computers on the other side of the library. I raised an eyebrow. "Why is she on the computer?"

Twilight looked at Fluttershy, then at me. "I told her to find more information on how to get us back to our world, and the nice lady at the front probably told her to look up some information on that box."

I nodded. It was funny that they called the computer a box, but I understood that they didn’t know about over half the stuff in this world. I walked over to Fluttershy. She was still nervous when I got near, but I think she was getting better. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Looking up how to get us home, but I can’t seem to find anything." She sounded so quiet. I didn’t know if she was getting frustrated or just staying calm. Before I left, I saw one of the tabs she had opened and I froze.

"How did you find that?" I probably sounded freaked out, because Dash came over to see what was wrong.

"Oh, that. I haven’t seen it yet. I was going to look at it later. Why do you sound like that?" She was a few seconds away from clicking it.

"No, don’t click that!" I reached over and grabbed the mouse from Fluttershy’s hand, clicking the 'x' next to the tab. When I moved away I saw Fluttershy’s terrified expression. I looked over at Dash, who was glaring at me as if to say 'what did you do that for?' I didn’t know what to say, she had been two seconds away from reading the wiki page on My Little Pony. Thank goodness she didn’t ask any questions.

The bell rang. I looked at the clock and realized third period was over. Time had flown by fast. The next two periods were math and science, and both classes had Steve in it. I didn't want to face him again. I walked over to Twilight, who was still into that astronomy book. "Twilight, we better get going."

She was so into the book she probably didn’t even hear what I said. I looked over at Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash for help. Dash walked towards Fluttershy, whispered something in her ear, and they both walked towards Twilight. They both grabbed one of her arms and began hauling her off.

"No! I was on the chapter on theories of how the sun was created!" She kicked her legs and tried to move her arms, but Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had a good grip.

"I’m sorry Twilight, but we have to go. You’d stay here all day if we let you." Fluttershy said.

- - -


The walk home was different than the walk to school. For one thing, the girls were talking to each other. I didn’t mind, seeing as they hadn’t seen each other in a while. That left me to lead the way back. I started thinking about today. I had found two of Twilight’s friends, got a few hits on Steve, and managed not to get injured too badly.

I overheard the girls talking, they were on the topic of how they got here. Unfortunately, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were just as lost as Twilight. If AppleJack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were the same, then it was going to be very difficult to get them back into their world. Thinking about that made me a little sad. How long had it been since I had a real friend? At school I didn’t have people to call friends. The best memory of a friend I had wasn’t even a friend at all. In fact, he was my brother, Josh. The only family member that had actually liked me.

"What are you thinking about Seethe?" I heard Twilight say.

I looked over at her with surprise, because I had completely lost track of where I was for a second. She looked at me with concern. I noticed that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were giving me the same look. It took a second for me to realize that I had a tear rolling down my cheek. I quickly rubbed it off. “Just a distant memory,” I said as calmly as I could.

Twilight wanted to make sure that I was alright, and I felt a bit better knowing that.

"Hey, do you guys remember what happened before you came into my world?" I said, eager to change the subject.

They both shook their heads. Clearly something happened to them that had given them amnesia or something. Maybe who ever did it wanted them to forget....wait, am I really accusing someone who I don’t even know? Well if my dream was correct, then there was something that did this to them that they don’t remember. I started to scratch my head. All this thinking was beginning to give me a headache.

Twilight was still looking at me. "Hey Seethe, do you think you have room in your house for all six of us?"

"Uh...well... maybe some of you will have to share, but I’m pretty sure there is room." I wasn’t sure if they were up to sharing beds, but there was no other option.

“What will your parents think about you bringing home three girls for a sleep over?” Rainbow Dash asked in a joking manner.

I went silent, I forgot that Dash and Fluttershy didn’t know about them.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said.

"What?” She asked.

Twilight looked at me, probably to see if I was going to explain. I didn’t. She looked back at Rainbow Dash.

“This is a touchy subject for Seethe. I don’t know if he-“

“My parents are not home,” I interrupted. I probably sounded upset, maybe even mad.

“Oh, how long are they gone for?” Dash asked.

“For a long time,” I answered. I looked ahead, trying not to show my face. I was feeling pained. I didn’t want to continue on this discussion. Before any of them could say anything, I spoke up again.

“Looks like we made it.” I pointed at my house. We walked to the front door and I opened it. After they got inside, I remembered something. I had no food in my fridge, and I had to feed four people. “You guys stay here, I need to go to the store and pick something up for us to eat.”

“Maybe we should come with you,” Twilight said.

I shook my head. “No. You guys would be safer here then in the store. I’ll be back soon, don’t worry.”

Twilight didn’t like that I was going by myself, I could see that in her eyes. I needed to go by myself though, I still felt a bit pained after my parents discussion. Dash walked beside Twilight. “Seethe can take care of himself. You should’ve seen him trying to fight Steve.” She said trying to reassure Twilight. I don’t know if it worked, she still looked worried, but she nodded her head.

“Fine, you be safe.”

I smiled. “Yes mum.”

- - -

Now, I won’t be talking about my trip to the grocery store. Why? Because it was boring. The way back was a little more…interesting. Walking home with a bag full of groceries, I was listening to my iPod. The few songs that I listen to are from Rise Against and Woodentoaster . I was five doors down from my house when I saw Steve and someone I’ve never met before walking towards me. Does this guy ever go home? I saw Steve smile at me.

“Look here Kevin, this is the guy I was talking to you about,” he told the new guy.

Kevin was about the same height as me, but he had more muscle. He had black short hair and green eyes. He looked at Steve, then at me. He was probably new here and he got into the wrong crowd (In my perspective). Steve laughed.

“Come on Steve, I just want to go home. You can bully me on Monday,” I said.

“You’ve gotta pay for getting me in trouble Seethe, you and Rebecca. After I hurt you I’m going to find her.” He said in a very angry voice. My anger from earlier today was all gone. I didn’t want to try to fight him again, after the bloody nose he gave me. Kevin leaned towards Steve.

“Who is Seethe again?” At first I thought he was trying to piss me off, but it seemed like he was serious.

“You know that guy I ‘pretended’ to be friends with. Found out he was a….what is it called? Brody? Prody? Brony? Yeah Brony! I told everyone at school about it.” He loved telling that story, especially when I’m around. That managed to piss me off again, but I still wasn’t in the mood for a fight. I looked at Kevin. To my knowledge, he looked like he didn’t want to fight either. Before I had the chance to try and leave, I saw my front door burst open. Rainbow Dash came out with her toque on, and she was running towards us. I was shaking my head, trying to tell her to not come any closer, but Steve turned at the sound of feet hitting the ground.

“Well, if it isn’t Rebecca. You wait there, I have to deal with Seethe before I get to you.”

As she got closer I saw that she didn’t have her contacts on. Her magenta eyes were glaring at Steve. “Whats wrong Steve, are you mad that we got you in trouble after trying to kill us?” She said.

I looked at her. She shouldn’t be here, and she shouldn’t be trying to piss Steve off. He looked at her, probably wanting to hit her. Kevin was standing there, as confused as ever.

“Why are you here anyways Rebecca…?” Steve said, leaving a pause to think. I could imagine steam coming out of his ears trying to think. He smiled as he found an answer. “You’re visiting your new friend?” He turned to face me, and I knew the words he was going to say.

“Have you told her about you being a brony?” An evil look was on his face.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head. “What’s a brony?”

No! I didn’t want them to find out, especially from someone like Steve. I walked towards Steve. “Ok, haha. Lets just drop this and-“I was caught off guard as he sucker punched me. I fell on my butt, the side of my face in pain again.

Rainbow Dash ran towards Steve. “You leave him alone!” She shoved him, and to my surprise (and Steve’s), he stumbled back a few steps. He glared at her. He ripped her toque off, surprising her. That left enough time to punch her in the face. She fell to the floor face down. I saw blood on the pavement where she laid. I got back up and ran at Steve as his back was turned. “You fucking asshole!” I jumped on his back. I had no idea what I was trying to do, maybe make him lose his balance? I just wanted him to leave Rainbow Dash alone. Steve turned around, trying to swat at my face with his hands. I thought that I might win this until he had the brilliant idea of falling over and landing on his back.

“Arrrhhh….” Probably came out of my mouth. I had the wind knocked out of me, my back and chest hurt, and my vision was now blurry. I had no Idea what was going on for a few seconds. When my vision cleared up, was Steve standing over me with his foot an inch from my face.

“Say good night Seethe!”

All my brain could tell me was that I was about to be curbed stomped into the ground. No shit! Before I had the chance to turn my head I saw a fist go into Steve’s face. Apparently, while I and Rainbow Dash were being beaten, Kevin decided to pick a side. That punch was able to knock Steve out.

“Good night!” Kevin said. He put a hand out to help me up. I was cautious at first, maybe this was a trap and I was going to get beaten by two guys. Then again, Kevin seemed to be an alright guy if he was able to knock out Steve. I accepted his help. Before he said anything I ran to Rainbow Dash.

“Hey! Are you Ok?” I asked.

She turned her head to face me, “That hurt a bit.” I could see her cringe every time I tried to look at her nose, which was bleeding. Kevin walked beside me. “Is she going to be alright?”
I nodded, helping her up. She looked a bit dizzy so I let her lean against me. “I guess we’re even now huh?” I said trying to make her laugh. She smiled, that was close enough.

- - -

Twilight was worried when she saw Rainbow Dash run out, but she was horrified when she saw us in our beaten state.

“What happened?” she said as she took Rainbow Dash from me.

“Steve…” I said.

Twilight looked at me, probably upset at first, but relief soon washed over her face. “At least you guys aren’t dead.” She noticed Kevin behind me. “Who are you?” she asked.

“Kevin. I uh…helped get rid of Steve.” His voice sounded weird. I looked at him, and I saw him squinting his eyes.

“Dude, you Ok?” I asked.

“They look familiar…” Kevin said. Before he said anything else, I grabbed him and dragged him outside.

“Ok, first off, thank you for helping me and Rebecca, but why did you help?” I was very curious, considering that no one had done this before.

“Well…he was going to kill you. That’s taking it too far.” Kevin said.

I nodded. “Ok. I was just wondering. No one has ever done that for me before.”

Kevin blinked. “You get bullied a lot, don’t you? Is it because you’re a brony?”

I nodded. I never like to admit it, but Kevin seemed to be an alright guy. He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. “Me too.”

I blinked hard. Did I hear him right? He laughed at my face, which probably resembled what Twilight’s looked like when I tried to explain about the sun and moon. “What?” I couldn’t imagine this guy being a brony.

“I was like you, being picked on because I was a brony. I got so tired of it, I started working out and faced them. Now I have a question for you. Why do you have two girls in your house that look like Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash?”

I had no Idea how to answer that. I was having a hard time trying to process what he was saying. Twilight came through the door behind me. “Is everything alright?”

I turned to her. “Yeah, we’re Ok. I’ll be there in a minute.”

She walked back inside. “Ok Kevin, you’re right, they are Twilight and Dash. You have to promise me though that you will not tell anyone about this, especially them. If they found out….well...have you ever seen those sci-fi shows about robots finding out they are robots? It would be like that, but worse.”

He raised an eyebrow, probably trying to figure out if I was telling the truth. I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn't believe me, how do you explain cartoon characters coming to life? I had no proof to back me up either, so it was just my words he had to trust.

He smiled, which brought my hopes up. “Ok, I promise not to tell anyone.” I was grateful. I think I had found a new friend.

- - -

I introduced Twilight to Kevin. I told her what happened with Steve. She was grateful to Kevin that Dash and I were Ok. Kevin kept his word about not saying anything, but almost blew it when he saw Fluttershy come down stairs. She was wondering what everyone was talking about and Kevin almost freaked out and hugged her. I had to pull him back so Fluttershy wouldn’t run away terrified. “Sorry,” Kevin whispered to me. “Fluttershy is my favorite, and well…I was excited…” I smiled.

It was getting late. After today, I was happy to go to bed. I brought Fluttershy to her room, another spare bedroom I had. She liked it, and thanked me for my hospitality. I gave her a lamp because I thought she wouldn’t like this room in the dark, but she said she would be fine. I was going to bring Dash to her room, but I couldn’t find her. I walked into Twilight’s room.

“Hey, you ready for bed?”

She sat in her bed, looking at me. I think she was upset a bit because she was looking a bit unhappy. “Seethe, I thought you were going to be careful?”

I shrugged. “I can’t help what happened. Steve is like that.”

She rolled her eyes. “He could’ve killed you two if Kevin didn’t step in”

“Glad you have so much faith in me,” I joked.

“Seethe I’m serious,” she said, her voice was raised a bit. “If something happened to you, Dash, Fluttershy, or any of the others…” She didn’t finish. She looked down and I swore I saw a tear. I felt bad for saying that joke.

“Twilight, I’m sorry.” I sat down beside her. I didn’t think about worrying Twilight when I saw Steve. “I didn’t want to get in that, and I tried to get Dash away. I’m glad that Kevin was there too.” She wouldn’t look at me.

“Well at least I wont see him for a few days, He’s busy during the weekend.” Twilight still wouldn’t look at me.

I had an idea that might cheer her up. “Wait here.” I walked out of her room and came back carrying a book. I dropped it on her bed in front of her. She looked at it for a minute. “What is it?” she said, her voice was low.

“It’s that book you were reading in the library. Astronomy 101. I got it after you were dragged out, seeing that you were really interested in it.” My plan worked. She smiled, wiping a tear from her face. She looked up at me. “Thank you Seethe.”

I blushed. “Yeah, well don’t read that now, or you won’t sleep at all. Have you seen Dash around?”

“Yeah. When you were bringing Fluttershy to her room, Dash picked her own. She’s next door,” Twilight said

My eyes widened. The room next door? I nodded, said good night, and went into the next room. I saw Dash on the bed, trying to clean her nose. I sighed and walked in.

“Hey Dash, good to see you picked your own room.” I surprised her. She probably didn’t hear me come in.

She looked at me. “Yeah, I saw this room and liked it. It’s filled with some weird stuff though.” She pointed to a few model airplanes on the night stand next to her.

“This is my brother’s room,” I said. She looked at me with huge eyes.

“You had a brother? What was he like? How come he’s not here now?” she asked.

“Yeah, I had a brother. His name was Josh, and he was five years older than me. When he was growing up, he loved flying. He got every type of airplane you could imagine…uh, well you don’t know what those are, but anyways. He was the only family member that liked me. He would help me with everything. Homework, Chores, sports…” I was lost in thought. Memories of my brother flashed into my head and I was smiling.

I think my smile was contagious, because when I looked back Dash was smiling too. “I loved flying when I was in Ponyville. Of course I had wings then, but I would love to fly now.” That was the reason why I liked Rainbow Dash the most, she reminded me of my brother. “What happened to him? Is he in the sky flying around the world or something?” she asked.

My smile faded. “He was learning to fly. He got into an airplane, and took off. There was something wrong with the plane, some type of malfunction, and it spiraled out of control. The instructor was trying to fix the problem, but they hit the ground. No one survived.” I felt a tear rolling down my face, and I quickly wiped it away. Dash looked around the room, and noticed all the pictures of me and some guy with brown hair and blue eyes.

“Seethe, I’m so sorry to hear that. If you want I’ll get out of your brothers room,” she said as she started to get up.

I shook my head. “No it’s Ok. Dash, thank you for standing up for me today, even though you took a hit for it. ”

She smiled. “No problem Seethe. What did Steve mean when he called you a brony?”

“Uh…I’ll tell you later. It’s a long and weird story,” I admitted.

She nodded. “Ok, well good night Seethe.” She pulled the covers over her and started to fall asleep. I left the room, walked into mine, and laid on my bed.

“Damn, These girls are making me have feelings again,” I joked to myself. Today had been a very strange day. I might have to live through another one, and I’m not sure if I’ll be up to that. I looked at the picture of me and my brother sitting on a swing set. We were both so happy there. I smiled at the fond memory of him accidentally knocking me off mine, and then picking me up saying sorry.

“Hey bro,” I said to the picture. “Haven’t talked to you in a while. I made some friends since we last talked. I think you’d like one of them, you both love flying. I hope your still flying, where ever you are.” My eyes felt heavy. I yawned and rolled over onto my back. “Good night bro.”