• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,994 Views, 28 Comments

This Isn't a Game! - Zap-The-Pegasus



Three Youtubers get thrown into an unfamiliar world and must find their friends if they wish to escape.

  • ...
11
 28
 1,994

Old Faces in New Places

*About an hour later*

Ok, I'm not going to lie to you. I am very, very scared right now. We've already encountered a couple of zombies, but Espio shot them down before I even had the chance to pull my pickaxe from my belt. From what I've gathered, he's a powerful ninja. His cutie mark is a shuriken which kinda gives it away, but when it comes to battle, well, he moves at great speed and uses all kinds of weapons which he seems to pull out of nowhere.

His magic is obviously pretty strong, I've seen him turn himself invisible, teleport, carry multiple items at the same time and perform all sorts of tricks that most ponies are probably unable to pull off. He's very alert as well. Even when the forest is completely silent, he's always on edge. His ears are perked up and the occasional spark of magic comes from his horn. His golden eyes are wide open and he's constantly looking around, checking for danger. I feel very weak stood beside him, and the fact that he towers above me doesn't help either. He seems like the kind of guy who'd turn on you in an instant if he needed to. So I just hope I don't do anything to upset him.

The silence is eery. All I can hear is the sound of our hooves stepping across the gravel path and the odd gust of wind that sends shivers down my spine. Now I realize why he's wearing that scarf. Its bloody cold in this forest. We've been walking for a while. I'm not sure for how long, since I don't have a clock with me. But I'm pretty sure it's been at least an hour. Maybe two.

A load chorus of growls and snarls come from the darkness and Espio stops instantly. I stand beside him and look around. But I can't see anything. There's a rustling of leaves coming from above and the first thing I think of is spiders. But boy was I wrong. A pure white pony drops from the trees and lands right in front of us. Espio pushes me back and stares at the stallion before him, he's willing to fight, but I recognize that pony. I don't know why but he seems so familiar. Fur the colour of snow, no mane or tail, dressed in a smart suit, bow and arrows slung over his shoulder. He opens his eyes. And everything seems to click into place. Those red, glowing eyes that could pierce though your soul.

He folds his wings and stands up straight. A blood-red glow surrounds his horn as he walks slowly forwards. Espio stands his ground, but he doesn't know what he's up against. In the blink of an eye, the dark stallion flings the purple unicorn across the tiny clearing and into a tree. Groaning and not showing any signs of getting up, I take a few steps back and try to think of what to do. I try to speak, but no words leave my mouth.

With out a word, he begins to charge at me. Without a second thought, I leap into the air and land behind him. That could have gone very wrong. He turns sharply and snarls at me.

"I've found you now Honeydew. You can't escape!" A deep, dark, scary voice comes from his mouth and makes me shiver.

"What..What do you want, Israphel!?" I ask, rather loudly. Trying to sound calm, but there's a hint of fear in my voice, and he can hear it, I can tell by the look on his face. I turn my head and see Espio laying on the ground. He glances up at me with a confused look on his face.

"You know that stallion?" He asks quietly. I nod slowly.

"Unfortunately.." I say with a sigh. I don't have a chance to say anything else. Arrows start landing at my feet and I jump back several times to avoid getting hit.

"Go away!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I know that he won't, buts it worth a shot. "Why are you trying to kill me!?!" Israphel stares at me, a dark smile creeping across his face.

"Some things don't change, do they, dwarf. Your just as stupid in this world as you are in Minecraftia." His voice seems to grow deeper and darker with every word, I can feel my heart beating faster as he speaks. It may be due to the fact that I've never heard him talk before, after all, he was just a character we made in Minecraft and ended up making a series out of, how he's managed to send us here is unknown to me. This is all very confusing. I want to say something, but I can't, and even if I could what would I say? I remain silent as The Dark Lord continues. "I've tried for years to bring you and Xephos to your knees. But somehow you were always one step ahead of me. Somehow you managed to defeat my minions over and over again. But not this time. Oh no. Your weak in this form and you know nothing about this world." He pauses for a moment and as I process what he's said I take what may be my only chance to talk to him.

"Your lying to yourself." I smirk as I glare at him, its hard to focus when the eyes that are gazing back at you are blood-red and almost seem to be glowing in the shadows but I continue on regardless.. "I know more about this world then you'd think. I may be a grown man but that doesn't mean I don't watch little girls shows when there immensely popular on the internet! Now F off and leave me and Lewis I-I mean Xephos alone!" My voice turns into a yell yet Israphel doesn't seemed fazed. He just stares and smiles.

"Very well." He says in an oddly calm manner. He unfolds his wings and takes a few steps closer to me. "I'll leave you alone for now. But if you want to see your friends again. Well. You'll need to face me sooner or later." He smiles and with a single beat of his wings, he flies up above the tree tops and out of sight.

But it seems that he isn't finished yet. Only a few seconds after he disappeared. A barrage of arrows comes flying though the canopy and everything seems to slow down. I want to run, but I'm frozen in place, I look away, waiting for them to hit, when suddenly I spot something in the corner of my. A bright green pony sprints from the bushes and leaps in front of me, blocking each arrow with a sword that there holding firmly in their mouth. They land on the grass and skids across the frozen ground a few feet before coming to a stop. I hear him wince slightly as he stands up straight.

"Bloody arrows." He says to himself as a pale blue glow surrounds one of the darts that he didn't manage to block. He pulls the arrow out of his leg and cringes as blood drips from the wound into the grass. He drops the flint tipped stick onto the ground and a spark of magic comes from his horn and a tiny flash of blue light surrounds his front hoof. When the light fades, the cut is gone. "I'm really getting the hang of this magic thing." He smiles.

"Why do I recognize your voice.." I say a little to loudly. He looks at me and shrugs.

"I dunno, but I kinda recognize your voice too." He says as he turns to the side to face Espio who's just managed to get to his feet. "What's up with you?" He asks, an odd, yet strangely familiar cheerful tone in his voice.

"That's none of your business." Espio says as he gets up, standing slightly taller than the other stallion. Which makes me feel even shorter.

"Fine then, be like that." The blue-eyed unicorn smiles. I still can't figure out why I recognize him. It's not 'till I notice the swirl on his flank that I realize exactly who he is.

"M-Martyn?" I mumble. He looks at me, that goofy smile still on his face.

"Yeah, what?" He says. "How do you know my name?"

"Your--Your Martyn Littlewood! Everything makes sense now! The hair the eyes the head band the swirl the green.. Hehe, you're so green.." I laugh to myself and get a couple of odd looks from the tree hugger and the ninja.

"Umm, yes, that's my name, and yes, I'm green. Your, peach..cream? I dunno." Martyn says, he seems terribly confused.

"You don't recognize me, do you?" I say, trying to calm down.

"Urr, kinda. I know the voice. But I can't quite put my finger on it." Martyn says. Still looking rather puzzled. Espio gives him a funny look. "Heh hoof. Can't quite put my hoof on it.." He corrects himself. Smiling nervously. The purple unicorn rolls his eyes and doesn't say a word.

"Fine I'll tell you then. I'm Honeydew. You know. One of your best friends and fellow Yogs from back home!" I say louder than I wanted to. Martyn smiles and nods.

"Thought so." He chuckles. "I should have known really, it's kinda obvious now that I think about it."

"Yes. Yes it is." I smile.

"I hate to interrupt your 'reunion'. But we're lucky we've been able to stay here for so long without being attacked. We should get going before anything else finds out that we're here." Espio says sternly. Martyn just smiles.

"You have a point. We should get going I guess. But Espio, are you sure your OK? You took quite a beating." I reply, slightly concerned.

"I'm fine. Being thrown into a tree is nothing new to me." He says as he starts walking. Martyn and I follow behind.

"Where exactly are you two going? And where did all those arrows come from?" The Sapling King asks as he walks beside me.

"Espios found Lewis. So we're going to his house to see him. As for the arrows, well, you won't believe me when I say this. But it was Israphel. I have a feeling he's the one who sent us here in the first place. He came out of nowhere and attacked us. When he flew off he must have decided to launch a load of arrows at us and see if any of them hit. You got here just in time. Thanks for that Marty." I answer with a smile.

"Hey it's nothing, friend. Just don't call me Marty, Ok." He chuckles.

Author's Note:

This was written ages ago, I just never got around to uploading it on here until now. Anyway. I hope you enjoyed it :)
If you want slightly more regular updates then head over to my DA page. As new chapters are posted there before there posted here ;)