• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,994 Views, 28 Comments

This Isn't a Game! - Zap-The-Pegasus



Three Youtubers get thrown into an unfamiliar world and must find their friends if they wish to escape.

  • ...
11
 28
 1,994

Finding a Friend

*The next morning*

"Leave me alone!" I yell as two foals chase me down the street. Asking questions, laughing and giggling. There Nebula's younger siblings, Galaxy and Crimson, and whilst at first they seemed nice I wish I had left earlier.

"Why are you wearing that helmet?" The dark red colt asks for the fifth time. I don't answer.

"What's your cutie mark mean?" His sister asks, but I still don't reply. I just run, and somehow, they're managing to keep up.

There older sister -Starlight I think her name is- was following, but she stopped after a couple of minutes, she didn't try to stop them, not sure why.

If I had magic then I'd teleport or stop them from chasing, if I had wings then I'd fly away. Unfortunately I'm neither a Unicorn nor a Pegasus so I'm stuck on the ground until they tier out. Which may or may not happen..

After about five-ten minutes of nipping at my heels the two just stop. I turn my head to see why but don't slow down. I don't realise why there just standing there until I run into something. I tumble to the floor, and my helmet falls of my head and rolls a few feet from where I'm laying.

"Watch where your going!" I hear someone yell at me. There voice is aggressive but also slightly panicked.

"Sorry." I say as I stand up. "I wasn't paying attention." I open my eyes and see a purple stallion stood in front of me. He has a long white scarf wrapped around his neck for some reason, it's not cold, in-fact it's fairly warm. And round his waist is a belt, with a sword attached. Theres something engraved on the hilt but I can't quite make it out.

"You need to be more careful." He says, his voice suddenly calm. I nod and smile.

"I know, sorry." I say as I turn my head to face the twins who are watching and laughing. "Those two were chasing me."

"Seriously." He says as he walks past me and over to the foals. "These two little devils." A smile appears on his face as he stands beside them.

"Hello Espio." They say at the same time. I walk over to the three Unicorns but as soon as I get there, the filly, Galaxy, runs past me. I turn around and see her walking back towards me with my helmet hovering beside her, surrounded in a dark blue glow. I smile as she places it on my head.

"You dropped it when you fell over." She says cheerfully.

"Thanks." I say. She trots over to the others and sits down beside her brother. "Anyway, Espio is it? I'm really sorry about running into you back there." I say nervously.

"Its fine, its not the first time I've run into somepony new over past couple days, I shouldn't have been day dreaming, other wise I would've gotten out-of-the-way." He chuckles. "Anyway, I need to get going, I have things I need to do." He says smiling.

"Ok, I suppose I'll see you round town then." I say. The smile on his face disappears and he sighs before speaking.

"Maybe, I don't spend much time in town." He says, he sounds slightly depressed, there's probably a reason behind that.

"Oh ok. Well, I don't want to keep you here if you have things to do." I smile. He nods and as he walks past I see the mark on the hilt of his sword and instantly recognise it. "Wait I know that symbol!" I say a little to loudly.

"What? My cutie mark?" He asks as he stops walking.

"No no no. The mark on your sword." I say, pointing at the tiny symbol which is only a few centimetres big.

"Oh that, I don't know what it means, the sword isn't mine." He says as he looks at where I'm pointing.

"I know what it means, Lew- I mean Xephos wears that symbol on his shirt, sometimes." I say, hope I'm using the right name, but regardless, that symbol is from Star Trek, and that's what Lewis' minecraft skin was originally based off of. Maybe Espio know's where he is.

"You know Xephos?" He asks. Looks like I was right. He sure gets around, if he was in the library yesterday and he met with this guy at some point, wonder where he is now?

"I know Xephos. He's the so-called space-colt who came to the library yesterday morning." Crimson says smiling as he trots over to us.

"Oh yeah I remember now, Mum and Starlight thought he was a little bit crazy though." Galaxy giggles as she joins her brother.

"I don't just know him, he's my best friend." I say. Unable to contain my excitement. "Do you know where he is?" I ask.

"I do yes, but he's not in good shape." The purple stallion says, my smile fades and I start to feel scared and panicked.

"Where is he? Is he ok? What happened?" I say quickly as I walk closer to him, looking into his eyes.

"He's fine, or at least he was when I left-" Espio begins before I cut him off.

"You left him on his own!" I yell and almost immediately jump back, wishing I hadn't raised my voice so high as ponies who are passing by start looking at me.

"I didn't leave him alone." He says sternly. "He's with a friend of mine. She knows what she's doing, and she knows how to treat injuries like his." He says slightly calmer.

"So he's with Miss Zecora?" Crimson asks. Espio nods.

"Yes, and I came here to look for some things for her." He smiles at the young colt.

"Have you got what you need? 'Cos I'd love it if you could take me to, Xephos? I need to know he's ok. He's probably wondering where I am." I say. My heart is racing and not knowing what happened isn't helping.

"I have what I need but I can't take you to Zecora's because it means passing though the Everfree Forest. And taking an Earth Pony though isn't something I'm willing to try." He says. I feel slightly insulted. I'm not gonna lie..

"Then how did you get Xephos though?" I ask. I'm not angry, just desperate to know what's going on.

"He's a Unicorn. After he was attacked I was able to combine are magic and teleport us to Zecora's home." He says. Well, Lewis is a Unicorn, who knew? I guess it makes sense but still.. How is that fair, he gets magic and what do I get? Nothing. I can't remember what benefits Earth Ponies have over Unicorns and Pegasi so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

"Ok that makes sense, but still--Wait. did you say that he was attacked? What attacked him?" I say suddenly realising what Espio said.

"One of the monsters, snuck up behind him and blew up." He says. His voice is so calm you'd think he was talking about a much happier subject.

"Creepers.." I mutter. "He was attacked by a Creeper?!"

"If that's what you call them then yes." The Unicorn stallion nods. Images of Lewis being hit by a creeper explosion start flying though my head. If this was Minecraft then it wouldn't be such a big deal, but this is real life and if they can one hit kill you in-game then I dread to think what kind of damage they can do here..

"Please, you have to take me to him. I've encountered Creeper's before and I know how devastating their attacks can be. Please. I have to know that he's ok. I have to see that your telling the truth." I'm starting to feel upset now. There's a lump in my throat as I fight back tears but yet Espio doesn't seem to realise how much I care about Lewis' safety.

After a few minutes of silence the purple stallion finally speaks. "Look. I would love to take you to him. But it's to risky. It takes a long time to walk though the forest and since its so dark the monsters are always there, not just at night."

"I'm stronger than I look. A few zombies aren't gonna ruin my day. Besides, its worth a shot right?" I say rather proudly, though he probably thinks I'm just being cocky. He sighs in disbelief before raising his head and smiling.

"If you're so confident then I suppose I'll take you though, but if you get hurt, its your fault, not mine." He says, his golden eyes looking right at me. I nod and smile. Finally. Whilst I'm not looking forward to entering the Everfree Forest, if it means finding someone who I care about then that's all that matters. Although, what I am wondering, is why Lewis went there? Surly he knows that the forest is dangerous, but that's not the only thing. How the hell did Creepers get to Equestria!?