• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 955 Views, 63 Comments

Night will fall and the Dark will Rise - Diokno44



Change is coming to Equestria, a new order,,,,

  • ...
40
 63
 955

6. The Lord of Wrath

Twilight and the others were roused from their slumber by the sound of a large BOOM resounding from the center of Ponyville. "Whatever that was, we have to check it out!" Rainbow Dash yelled, wings pumping, rushing through the door, the others following quickly behind outside.

Outside was a creature like the one from Twilight's nightmare, but in the shape of a large spider-crab.


"What in my name is that?!" Princess Celestia asked, staring at the massive creature. The beast grabbed the straw roof of a two-story house, tossing it to the horizon, the frightened ponies within scattered, screaming out of the house.

Luna fired a navy blue beam of magic,in the shape of a spear at the monster. The spear impacted a chink in the beast's armor, and erupted, sending arcs of 200 volts of lightning coursing along the thing's right-most arm. The shock caused it to let out a roar, and rise up, stepping back, crushing a banana cart in the process, The creature turned its sight to Luna, and sped it's red claw towards Luna.

The creature roared, as a house-sized flaming bolt crashed into its claw, sending it to the ground, the bolt landing in front of the group, smoke rising from the miniature crater it had landed in.

A muscular armored bidped, wearing alabaster white and pure gold armor, with a crimson red cape, being emerged from the smoke, fists clenched in anger, a flaming red aura blazed around his (for the armor showed no signs of female anatomy,so they assumed it was male) helmet, and white sparks raged around it.

The being thrust out one fist, bent with the fist pointing skyward, before saying in a brassy voice filled with pure, uncontrolled raged, "I am Varkin, Guardian Knight Three of Lord Tyrael, Protector of the Innocent and Avatar of Wrath. I shall not allow you to harm the lives of these innocent ponies!" sprouting large golden wings, clenched fists glowing with crimson lightning.

(Epic fight time! Play this music when reading)

Varkin rushed at the creature, its fist colliding with its chin, the uppercut blasting it into the air, where Varkin landed a scissor kick to 2 of its arms, severing them, they dissapeared into thin air soon after. The beast, which Varkin called a Gaeeoris, sent a ball of purple energy the way of Varkin and the mares (plus 1 stallion and drake). Varkin crossed his arms into an X,the blast going through him, pushing him back a few inches and barely singing his armor, Shining and Twilight blocked the remaining energy with a combined shield/energy absorption spell.

Varkin huffed a bit, before charging back into the fray. Dodging a claw and destroying the other, The Gaeeoris back-clawed Varkin into a stone wall, after which he fired an orange beam at the creature, destroying its almost all of its arms except 2. The Gaeerois tried to crush Varkin, who dodged the claw, ripping it out,before using it to toss the creature into the sky. Headbutting it further, he fired rapid amber energy blasts at the Gaeeoris, injuring it. After, Varking put his hands together, palms out, a white glow surrounding them, sparks flickering off every few seconds.

The ground shook as power coursed through Varkin, who's body glowed with a pure white aura, a flaming azure circle was now attached to his back, he now possessed four wings instead of 2, and two halo's floated, shimmering above his armored helmet. Varkin snarled, before yelling in a rage to the still skyborn Gaeeoris, 'NOW, IMPURE SCUM, PREPARE TO FEEL MY HOLY WRATH AND THE PURIFICATION OF LORD TYRAEL!" before thrusting his hands foward, a white beam shot towards the creature as it roared in pain and anger. The creature vanished in a blinding flash of light, but not before letting out one more scream of rage. (End music here)

Rarity and the others looked back, and saw the monster vanquished, and Varkin, now wearing a somewhat dirty, worn hood and cloak, reaching a few meters above his armored boots. Applejack called out to him "Wait, where did yall come from, why'd ya help us?" but Varkin save no response, and kept on walking for a few more minutes, before spreading his once again two wings, and took off into the sky, a couple feathers falling back to the ground with the steady, and cool, Autumn breeze. The only thing they could do was look on for a few more seconds, before going to assist any and all injured and repair any damaged properties.

The repairs were soon done, and the injured cared for. Shining Armor came up to Princess Luna and said, "I've managed to contact with Empress Jarlisia of Griffonhala, she's agreed to meet us in Las Pegasus, in the Buck-aneers Den Casino and Night Club." Princess Luna nodded, before relaying the message to the others, who agreed to go.

"We better get moving." Twilight said, as the group trotted north-west to "Sin City" Las Pegasus.