• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 12,414 Views, 564 Comments

The Spread of Darkness - The Grimm Reaper

  • ...
49
 564
 12,414

Epilogue

The Eve of the war was celebrated amongst all; Ponies and Gryphons alike, sans those of elitist personality drank and ate together, forgiving and befriending each other. Talk of moving into Equestrian and Gryphon towns became common and things seemed as though the war had never happened and there was no hostility whatsoever. Things seemed to lighten up and the world as a whole seemed a happier place.

Talk of the new Alicorn was also a common occurrence, one that Celestia and Luna were interested in. Spike and Twilight had yet to return and they had not been seen since the fight between Spike and Hyperion. The Gryphons claimed Spike as their new king as were the rules regarding Royal death battles. They accepted Spike as their king, and ponies were excited to learn the ways of the Gryphons.

It had been three days since the war ended, and those three days had been spent finding and burying the dead. The celebration was to both celebrate the peaceful joining of the two species as well as lighten the heavy hearts of those who lost family in the war. The celebration took place in the Royal Hall of Canterlot, where the two sisters resided at the head of the table. Beside them were the still morbid and depressed Elements of Harmony, unperturbed by the end of the war. They all agreed that the only thing that would brighten their spirits was to see Spike and Twilight both happy and together. Little did they know, their wish would come true in a dazzling way.

Chatter filled the hall as the different conversations took place. Happy ponies and gryphons were enjoying themselves while the mourning guests were slowly gaining some happiness by the realisation that nopony or gryphon else would go through what they went through. Celestia and Luna sat side by side, Twilight’s friends gathered on either side of them. Celestia rose to her hooves and addressed the guests with a stomp of her hooves that echoed above the voices. She had their attention.

“Fillies, Gentlecolts and the Gryphon equivalent of both. It is with great pleasure that I announce the official joining of the species. Gryphons will have the option to live and work among ponies, including high class jobs such as joining the Royal Guard should you desire it. Also, Ponies are allowed to venture into Gryphon land if they wish, hopefully able to do the same should their new king ever return from wherever he has gone.” she declared. There were merry cheers in response to this and raised glasses, toasting the declaration.

“In addition, I would like to formally apologise to my Student, Twilight Sparkle and her Dragon, Spike. My judgement was poor in relation to the fragile nature of the previous relationship between Ponies and Gryphons. As a result, I made a lot of mistakes, and it pains me to realise how foolish I was. I could never ask for your forgiveness were you here with us at this time.” There was a solemn silence throughout the hall as the guests had nothing to say on the matter and respected the fragility of her statement.

“You know, it’s shit like this that makes me hate Canterlot perties.” a voice said from behind her. She turned around to see nopony there. She scanned the others for an answer and found Luna trying to cane her neck around to look behind her throne. “What about you, Twilight?” the voice asked. Twilight? Celestia thought, turning toward the throne completely. Twilight emerged from behind Celestia’s throne, revealing her new wings to everypony.

“We’ll have to make sure parties in the Misty Mountain aren’t as boring as this. I mean it was alright until my teacher here brought up shaky troubles that really have nothing to do with anything anymore.” she replied, smiling. Twilight stepped toward her teacher and rubbed her head long her neck, showing her that the sun princess was forgiven.

“Twilight, you’re an Alicorn?” Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief.

“For the fstest flyer in Equestria, she’s pretty slow on the uptake, huh?” the first voice spoke again, emerging from behind Luna’s throne. Everyone gasped in surprise at the drastic change Spike had made. They laid eyes on the golden dragon standing before them with his arms crossed.

“Spike… you’re… you’re a–.”

“Yep! I’mma BOSS!” he joked, chuckling afterward. Twilight chuckled along with him.

“But he knows that I’m the boss, right Spike?” Twilight challenged.

“Yes, Ma’am!” Spike replied in a lazed mock salute. “Oh, by the way, I have a little gift for everypony.” he added, taking a somewhat straight forward stance. He spread his arms wide and gave a loud clap. A golden wave spread out along with the sound and went through everyone in the hall. The Elements of Harmony grew brighter, and they found themselves adopting their original personalities. Pinkie’s changes being the most noticeable, with her mane and tail tangling up into cotton candy and her giddy grin and giggle returning with a vengeance.

“Last thing I’m going to do is let my friends live in darkness while we bask in the light.” he said. Twilight approached Spike and took her place beside him.

“Princess, Celestia. Meet your new allies; King Spike and Queen Twilight. We are the new rulers of the Gryphon Empire, now called the Royal Alliance." she declared. Applauding from the guests erupted as Princess Celestia and Luna were both rendered speechless. Amidst the loud noise, Twilight brought herself to Spike's attention and whispered into his ear.
"And honey, I'm pregnant."

Author's Note:

And that's it, my loyal fans. The end of 'The Spread of Darkness'. Next in the trilogy will be 'The Darkness That Binds'.

Ending theme is Hanging On by Elli Goulding