• Published 30th Nov 2012
  • 22,414 Views, 1,783 Comments

The Winds of Change - AgentSnail



A man named Jason wakes up in Equestria as a changeling, and must quickly adapt to blend in and survive. Making use of unlikely allies, can he forge a usable existence into this strange and surprisingly hostile new world?

  • ...
135
 1,783
 22,414

Sequel

So here's the sequel, The Winds of Change: Fog of War

If you liked the story, just drop a like or a favorite before you go. Because it's only one click...



By the way, most of the time I imagine Jason kinda waking up a lot like this guy. Or any of the characters where I say 'awoke with a start.'

Well, kinda.

Comments ( 119 )

Sequel :3

I liked and favorited this story since before the 10th chapter :3
OT: YAY! SEQUEL!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:
fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/057/f/a/princess_luna_approved_by_ambris-d4r3ibw.png

Thank Faust there's a sequel. *wipes brow*

I liked and Favorited since the first chapter lol


YES! ANOTHER!

I was one chapter away from finishing this whole thing in less than 24 hours, damn... Ah, but I guess I need at least 4 hours of sleep.:twilightblush: I really loved, I'm going to move to the sequel ASAP.

Been a while since one thing has sat me down for a whole day. I vastly enjoyed reading this, and now I can read the next one.
I usually don't read HiE fics but when I do, I plow 187,470 words in one sitting.

2150179
Just out of curiosity, how long did that take you to finish?

2150209

Well, About a little less than 15 hours.

EDIT: It was amazing.

2150225

Fifteen hours....

Wow. Glad you liked it.

2150264

I'm just gonna knock out the update from The Legend of the Arachnapony, and then I might read the second story.

Woah, I liked this story but even I can't read for fifteen hours straight. Took me the course of 3 days to finish, dang.

I really like this story, it's awesome how fast you released chapters. Looking forward to reading the sequel.

I'm not big on reading, but I'm so glad my curiosity got the better of me so that I was able to enjoy this magnificent story. Loved it from start to finish. It was difficult to pull my self away from my screen, took about 3 between work, sleep, and other things. Can't wait for next chapter of the sequel to come out. I also have just now joined this web site due to this story, so my first comment goes to you kind Sir. :eeyup:

2156833
I-- Wow. I can't believe people like this story as much as they do. It's really nice to hear this stuff, makes my days better. I always love fan feedback.

Thanks!

yeah, so i just read this whole story in one sitting. . . its frickin amazing and i look forward to reading the sequal :heart::heart::heart:

2354064
Well, this is where thinks collide.

Celerstia and Luna do nothing in the show, sure, but it is only because they are used as plot devices or because they want to test Twilight do she deserve to be Alicorn ( season finale ), they may not have combat experience, but they still play final boss role on good side, Chrysalis used excuse that small power buff and Celestia arrogance was her downfall, but Griffons do not have final boss on they side, they are just army, Equestira have army and powerful Alicorns, so no excuses to make them useless.

As for elements, according to show, they defeat 100 changelings before were overpowered, when guards lost off screen.

So why if this story do not follow mane 6 being one pony army rule, yet it follow Celestia and Luna being useless, I say it s a very bad choice what to follow and what not.

2419603
Someone mentioned that, I thought it was canon for like the day I was writing that. And now here I am, living with that mistake. I never liked blue angel, so it's doubly annoying.

2404715 Autobot, Robotnic? Brilliant!

I didn't like it. The real deal breaker for me, the straw that broke the camels back, was the rampant OOC. I could tolerate and look past the other stuff but with that thrown in... it was just too much.:ajbemused:

2560243Did I say that I disapprove?:trixieshiftright: No, I was just pointing out an observation.

*hint hint*
Attire
Our Little Secret
My Little Problem
*hint hint*

Yeah, go nuts.:ajsmug:

(Great name I know) This chapter name definitely stands out, that's for sure.

LOL :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

I also love these pre-chapter comments lol

"Not like I'm going all mushy or anything."

a certain cyan blue Pegasus used to say this LOL i like how you show how Jason's personality rubs on RD and Scoots

2612494
Just so long as you don't think I'm as bad of a writer now...

It really does improve, and I'm sorry that it starts out so, well, shitty. It's fine if you just want to let it alone, honestly, but it's at least pretty creative later on.

2658975 That's pretty much his anger towards Diamond getting vented out most likely.



Also this story is so good I'm back again for a 3rd time.

2665299
Okay, I totally understand what you're saying. I don't really care if you give up, but the story gets a lot better once I actually improved at writing. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, just that you've read what's basically my worst writing of all time.

So like I said, I know why you stopped reading; I cringe when I look at those chapters too. You may think, why not edit? But I was really just testing the water here, I can't say I care that much about what I screwed up four months ago, especially when I can just write a new fic.

Sorry that was so long winded.

2667608
Hey thanks. I know it's pretty crumby those first few chapters, but at least I can definitively say that it gets better. Anyway, thanks for persevering.

2820797
You're the first person to ever comment on my user picture. So thanks, new viewer.

2829559
I can't believe I didn't fix that. Why is your comment so goddamned funny to me?

3021341
Yeah, I eventually figured that out. Took me longer than I'd care to admit though

3061913
God, I thought I fixed that.

Well, that was a bloody good read. Thanks for taking the time to give us all happiness on a page(s)! Now, onto the sequel :pinkiecrazy:

Welp I just finished your story and I must say it was pretty solid.Albeit sometimes the conversations felt awkward and the behavior of some ponies were just out of character.

Nonetheless a very neat story. Good Job and Keep it up.

This story was sio interesting to read. You made me cry laugh and get anxious all within like 3 chapters you sir/mam are a good writer. I tip my imaginary hat to you. :twilightsmile:

3148012
Thanks, for both the comment and the correction, I'll go fix that. I'm not sure if it's correct in later chapters, assuming I used it again, so prepare yourself.

3144225
Thanks. I enjoy imaginary items in my direction.

3248873
*Pulls out Saints Row 4 Dubstep gun and gives it to Vinyl Scratch*
Now who is the pony who cleans dishes with wubs, and now owns a dubstep gun with explosive wubs aimed at your house? Oh ya, VINYL SCRATCH!

3253394
She cleans them with............wubs.

Funny someone else knows what that song is.

Awsome you get a thumbs up and a fav from me

3327278

I went to Wikipedia for the exact dates and I'd forgotten that the Z3 was called the Z3 and that kerosene was an expired trademark but, aside from that, it's all me.

(For example, I knew about Elisha Gray's accomplishments because I looked him up about fifteen years ago after a TV commercial for a home patent application kit ended with "Bell patented his invention four hours before Gray. That's why Bell is famous and Gray is forgotten.")

My brain has a talent for remembering trivia but I'm not very good with dates and, while I can't get inside characters heads enough to write fiction, I'm a whiz at writing non-fiction. (Hence why my story ideas get fleshed out to varying degrees and then mothballed in case anyone wants them.)

3370138
eh, you're critiquing my work from a year ago. :unsuresweetie:

I'm not that great of a writer, and I started pretty badly. Evidently experience did something to help out that problem.

Damn that was an enjoyable read. Thanks for your hard work.

Oh, and as for that dramatic event (you know the one)- you bastard. You total, utter :trollestia:

3466725
I wrote this a year ago. I'm sorry for my inexperienced drivel. It gets better, if you stick around. When exactly it does that seems to change from person to person, but like I said, it's been a year. If you want to bash my more recent stuff, go ahead. I'd like criticism, but I've pretty much gotten the same spiel from a lot of people about a story that I'm probably just going to leave as is. It was my first attempt, so I'm fine with some problems here or there. It illustrates the fact that I improved, which is what I'm proud of.

3540098
It's not wish fulfillment. I wouldn't want this guy's life anyway. It's more of a first attempt at writing where the problems arise, but those resolve themselves fairly quickly. It's funny, I don't think anyone's asked if it was self-insert or anything like that before.

And if I wrote it again, I would have changed a lot. This was a year ago, and I like to think I'm way better than I was.

3540995
I am almost finished, but the reason I thought that was because the beginning had a lot of elements in common with a wish fulfillment story: Crappy life, boring job, no friends BAM! suddenly in Equestria with a romance tag.
(Though I wouldn't necessarily mind being Jason, he seems happy enough. There's never a dull moment. His human life wasn't too much worse than mine is.)

When does Blaze meet Rainbow Dash?

I take it that you've finished editing it?

3556033>>3556037
I wish I knew what you were talking about… But I really have no idea.

Blaze, as in the first disguise of Jason?
and
Editing what? If you mean this story in general, I've stopped trying. It is what it is, and I kinda like it that way. Plus, everyone that's going to read it already has.

3556106 The answer to both your questions is yes.

Dude, I am currently stuck in the second story and it keeps getting better!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
Keep on with the third one in the series.

This is also helping me with my trilogy, you've given me many ideas. :twilightsmile:

~VTG

3629785
Funny thing about that comment...I have absolutely NO memory of posting it :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment