• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 1,268 Views, 11 Comments

Trixie's Revenge - rosebudthefoal



The mane six friends are teleported to an alternate universe full of their nightmares

  • ...
0
 11
 1,268

Welcome to my World


Twilight Sparkle giggled as the whip cream slid down her face. She rubbed some away from her eyes to get a look at her friends. Pinkie Pie was the only one still moving, but was covered from mane to hoof in whip cream. The creamy white substance was all over to the floor of the library, and Twilight's friends.

"Pinkie wins this round." Twilight announced, licking some of the sugary cream off her hoof.

"Delicious victory!" Pinkie shouted, hopping up in the air. In midair she pulled herself back, leaving a Pinkie-shaped whip cream pony. When the cream pony hit the floor, it fell into a gloopy mess. Pinkie landed softly, completely clean.

Rarity was also covered with the cream, making her whiter than usual. She levitated a towel over to herself, wiping the cream away. Once she was finished, she tossed it to Applejack. The earth pony did the same (though not as thoroughly) and hoofed the towel over to Fluttershy. The shy pegasus took it and giggled with joy, very happy to have played this game instead of sitting in the corner like she had been planning to do.

Rainbow Dash, on the other hoof, shook the cream off like a dog. "No way! Pinkie was way more covered in whip cream!"

"But you dropped, it was supposed to be the last pony standing, Dashie." Pinkie said.

"She's right, Dash." Twilight agreed. When she saw Rainbow was going to protest and not wanting another fight, she levitated a can of whip cream over to her and sprayed it in her face. The pegasus broke out in laughter as well as everypony else in the room. Fluttershy even gave a weak chuckle.

"Best. Sleepover. Ever!" Pinkie shouted. She licked up the glop of cream that had once been pony-shaped, somehow swallowing the whole thing in one gulp. She then proceeded to lick up other big piles of the sweet tasting cream. One time, she felt something in her mouth besides cream. She spit it out to find a book, something had once been covered in cream, sparkling clean. "Huh, 'Constellations and Creatures: Monsters of the Sky'. What's this, Twilight?"

Twilight trotted over, hooves squishing in the layer of whip cream on the floor. She took the book in her magic and looked at it. It was a relatively large volume with a fake leather cover, in perfect shape as almost all books in her library were. She recognized the bold text and picture on the front. "This is one of the books that I read when I was trying to learn more about the Ursa Major." she said. "I wonder what it's doing down here. I thought I put it upstairs."

"What's on the cover?" Pinkie asked, pointing to the picture. It was a lion that appeared to be composed of stars, and it was laying across a pitch black background it its tail curled around itself. It was bearing its sharp, white teeth and its bright yellow eyes in a menacing manner.

"That's Leonis, the lion star monster. He's a very strong Constellation Monster, but he hasn't been seen since before any of our grandparents were born." Twilight explained.

"Looks simply terrifying." Rarity commented, trotting over and looking at the cover of the book over Twilight's shoulder.

"I could take him." Rainbow stated smugly, also trotting over to look.

"You know," Twilight opened the book and flipped through the contents. "There is a section of this book with short tales from famous authors involving the Constellation Monsters. I think there's one about Leonis in here."

"Ooooh, read it!" Pinkie sad excitedly, bouncing. As she was standing in a bunch of whip cream when she bounced, she caused a splatter of the white substance to fly out in a wide circle. This resulted in everypony getting covered in cream again, not that anypony except Rarity minded.

"Found it." Twilight pointed at a page of the book. Everypony gathered around her in a half-circle, ready to hear the tale. Fluttershy wrapped herself in her mane and tail, appearing to be a pink lump instead of a pony.

"I'm sure it won't be that scary, Fluttershy." Rarity assured her. The unicorn cleared a place in the whip cream next to the pegasus and sat there, ready to calm the timid pony down if she got too scared.

A long time ago, there was a grand village filled with all kinds of ponies. Big and small, mare and stallion, red and green, unicorn and pegasus and earth pony. They lived happily in their village next to a dark forest. They never ventured near it, for it was rumored to be full of dangerous creatures. This proved to be true when these dangerous creatures decided the forest was not enough for them.

A pack of lions attacked the village at night, stealing young and slaying old. The once happy ponies were now terrified; all their friends and family were in danger of these lions. They sent a few brave pegasi out to fly over the forest and see if they could spot where the lions had taken the young fillies and colts. These pegasi, shaking in fear, brought back a report of a huge star lion who was leading the pack.

The star lion had claws sharper than glass, teeth brighter than the sun, a translucent hide stronger than metal, and eyes with more fury than Nightmare Moon. His name was Leonis, the star lion. They concluded that if Leonis was taken out, the lions would stop attacking the village. However, they were all much too afraid or weak to attack Leonis by themselves, so a few ponies were sent out to find somepony to help. They came back with three ponies, each willing to help.

The first pony was a pegasus mare, who was dying to kill Leonis with brute force. The second was a strong unicorn who knew many dark spells that could kill Leonis. The third was a tiny, weak earth pony who was going to ask him kindly to leave or stop attacking the village. The villagers, who had no confidence in the third pony, decided to send the pegasus first.

So, the pegasus flew through the forest towards Leonis' cave. When she was there, her wings were already tired from her flight, so she took a rest outside the cave. Before she could blink, she was surrounded by lions. She attempted to fight them off, but after her flight she was too tired to fight. She was carried into the cave and kept prisoner.

After a full day and the pegasus hadn't returned, the villagers sent the unicorn. The unicorn quickly made her way to Leonis' cave and got ready to rescue the pegasus and slay the beast. When she got there, the same group of lions came out to ponynap her. She easily tossed them away with her magic and trotted in towards Leonis. She stopped right in front of him and looked up at him, ready to cast her dark magic and slay him. However, the unicorn was stopped when the star lion offered her a crystal brighter than the stars in his pelt. Greed overtook her and she completely abandoned her task, taking the crystal and running off into the forest.

Now the villagers had no choice but to send the earth pony. She trotted slowly but confidently through the forest, eventually reaching Leonis' cave. As she approached it, the same group of lions surrounded her. "Do you wish to hurt our master?" they asked.

The earth pony replied honestly, "No, I am not going to hurt your master at all."

The lions allowed her to pass-sensing the honesty within her-, and she trotted into the cave. The first part of the cave was oddly dark, but she kept on going. She was not afraid of the darkness, she just bounced cheerfully through it. When she reached the chamber where Leonis was, the lion did the same thing he had done for the unicorn; he offered her a crystal. However, the earth pony denied the crystal, refusing to leave the villagers at the mercy of Leonis for her own gain. In the end, she kindly helped the lion find a new place to live other food sources. After she convinced the lions to move, she rescued the pegasus and returned to the village.

Twilight stopped as something occurred to her. All these things that the earth pony went through to make Leonis move... it sounded familiar, somehow. But what was it?

"Is that the end of the story?" Fluttershy asked.

"Did the pegasus seriously just get captured? Pfft." Rainbow said. "I coulda taken those lions on after flying all the way around Equestria!"

"Don't you see?" Rarity asked. "It was the pegasus' lack of plan and overconfidence that stopped her. If she had been more careful she surely would have beaten Leonis."

"You don't need a plan if you're awesome." Rainbow flew up into the air and punched at nothing as if it proved her point.

"Twilight, is something wrong?" Fluttershy asked, noticing how Twilight seemed zoned-out of the conversation. The unicorn shook her head to bring herself back into reality.

"No, I'm fine, Fluttershy." I can study to find out about it later, right now I have a sleepover with my friends. she thought.

~<3~

Twilight lay in her bed, her on one side and Rarity on the other. Applejack and Pinkie were sleeping on her spare bed, and Rainbow brought in a small cloud for her and Fluttershy to sleep on. All six were sound asleep, the only sound in the library being the occasional scratch of Owlowicous' talons and the soft snoring of Pinkie Pie.

There was a soft crack and a flash as a blue mare appeared in the room. Nopony awoke; the mare's entrance had been very quiet for a teleportation spell. Her horn glowed slightly and lit the room, lighting up her light blue mane and wings at her sides.

She trotted to a center point, directly in between all six sleeping ponies. She closed her eyes in concentration and her glowed brighter, surrounding the mane six with her magic. Suddenly, there was a flash and all seven disappeared from the library. The blue mare opened her eyes to see they had teleported to exactly where she had wanted to be; a hallway filled with twelve doors. "Trixie's back, everypony." she whispered to her unconscious company. "And more great and powerful than ever."

"Princess!" a white unicorn stallion wearing pitch black armor raced over to her. "You made it back alright, thank the heavens."

"You did not have confidence in Princess Lulamoon's abilities?" the blue alicorn asked angrily.

"No! I mean, yes, I did have confidence in your abilities, Princess Lulamoon." the unicorn replied quickly. "Do you wish for me and the others to take these ponies to their rooms?"

"Obviously, I already told you to, why would that change in the thirty seconds it took for me to teleport them here?" Lulamoon swiped her tail at him. "Make sure no one hurts them. Any damage done to them, I want to be the one doing it."

~<3~

Twlight blinked her eyes open. She instantly felt freezing, and felt around for her blanket in the darkness. However, she felt nothing. She reached over to where Rarity should be and poked around, attempting to find her friend. However, all she found was mattress. Upon this she also found that neither her pillow nor sheet were there either. She attempted to light up the area with her horn, but found that no magic came.

"Hello, Twilight Sparkle. It appears you are awake." Twilight turned around to see who was speaking, but saw nothing but darkness. But the voice just seemed so... familiar, somehow.

"What is this place?" she asked.

A small purple glow came from the opposite end of the dark room. It barely illuminated the mare standing there, casting it. As Twilight attempted to comprehend what was going on and try to remember who this mare was, the caster of the light reached over to a wall and there was a small 'click' as she flipped a switch.

Suddenly, both were blinded by light. Twilight stood up quickly to defend herself in case the pony tried to attack her while she couldn't see. However, she ended up stumbling and rolling off the mattress and onto a hard, wooden floor. She looked up, now laying on her back on the floor. As her eyes recovered from the sudden light, she looked up to see the light purple eyes of her captor.

"T-trixie?" she asked, surprised. She had never thought she would see the showpony again, especially after the incident in which an Ursa Minor was brought to town.

"The one and only, Twilight Sparkle." Trixie said, smirking in a surprisingly evil fashion. "Although I'm mostly known as 'Princess Lulamoon' these days." She turned and flapped her newfound wings to show Twilight.

The purple unicorn's mouth opened with shock. "B-but... how did you-"

Trixie waved her hoof. "Now that's a looooong story, Sparkle. Maybe I'll tell you sometime. But in the meantime, I get to take my revenge on you."

"What?" Twilight rolled over onto her belly and stood so she was eye-level with Trixie.

"I'm more great and powerful than ever." Trixie told her. "And I have the power to teleport you here; to my world. And you can't fight me." She pointed at Twilight's neck. The unicorn looked down and saw that she was wearing a tight, brown collar around her neck with a wand symbol on it.

"And magic blocking collar?!" there was genuine fear in Twilight's tone now. She had no idea where she was, she was with a pony she was pretty sure wanted her to suffer, and she couldn't use magic. Now what? She couldn't fight; as an alicorn, Trixie would now have the strength of an earth pony, and Twilight barely had the strength of a school filly.

"There's no way you can stop me now, Twilight." Trixie's horn glowed with purple magic and so did Twilight. She floated up into the air, unable to move. She floated out the door and into another dark room that was barely lit. All she could make out after the brightness of the previous room was a door in front of her. The door flung open and she fell in.

"You ruined me, Twilight Sparkle." The alicorn glared at the unicorn. "You made them all hate me. You broke me. Now I will break you, and all your friends." the door slammed shut, leaving Twilight in the middle of a dark, moonlit forest. The door disappeared, and Twilight was alone in the silvery moonlight.

"I-I need to get this collar off." she said to herself, starting to panic. What kinds of horrible things would Trixie use to hurt her? She couldn't take the chance that Trixie was bluffing. She had to get out of here and find her friends. She placed her forehooves on the collar and pushed as hard as she could, trying to slip it off over her neck. However, she barely had time to do this, because there was a glint in front of her.

She looked up. She nearly fainted. Before her stood a huge bear composed of stars. "U-ursa Minor." she whispered, backing away from the baby Constellation Monster. It lifted its head and roared. "A-angry Ursa Minor." she whispered again. Okay then, how do I get out of this situation safely? she asked herself. The Ursa roared again. "RUUUUUUUUUUN!" Twilight turned and galloped through the dead trees of the forest.

~<3~

On the other side of the door, Princess Trixie Lulamoon turned to her guard. "Turn on the lights, dolt." she snapped. "It's not spooky; it's annoying! I'd rather wake up the next one in the light. No more mouse-brained ideas." she turned and trotted through the darkness towards the next room.

To be Continued...