• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,446 Views, 28 Comments

The Ponyteers - RainbowWarrior



The Planeteers find themselves in Equestria and must battle a powerful foe with the Mane 6.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,446

Meet the Team

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME YOU FREAK?" asked the pegasus assailant as he pinned Twilight down to the ground. Before Twilight could build up a counterspell, Kwame looked angry. The earth pony rushed and tackled the pegasus off of Twilight and wrestled him to the ground.

He shouted "Get your hands off of Miss Twilight! She's only helping me! And she didn't do anything to you! I would ought to-" Kwame paused. He took a really good look at the attacker. Those green eyes. The turquoise coat. But the thing that stood out the most was the pony's bright orange-red hair, as if it were fire. He only knew of one person that had that.

He gently asked:"Wheeler?"

The pegasus stopped jerking around as he recognized that tone and accent of the voice. Then he looked at the earth pony's black curly hair and brown eyes.

"Kwame?" he asked. Kwame got off of the pegasus and helped him up to his hooves. "Yes. It is me." he replied.

"You know this pony?" asked the still-frightened Twilight.

"Of course. We have been friends for years. You can trust him." Kwame confirmed. He went over to his pegasus teammate and pointed to Twilight and her friends and confronted him in a serious tone. "Wheeler, I realize that this is a difficult situation. I am just as confused and panicked as you are. But these ponies are here to help us. I promise that we will find a way to revert to human form and get back to Earth."

"Sigh...........You're right. I just overreacted. I'm not used to being......well.....not human! Why am I pony? This whole place feels I'm like that colorful and sugary My Little Pony Cartoon for little girls." Wheeler replied.

Kwame didn't know how to answer that. He was more intrigued by Wheeler's new form. "Say, how come you got a pair of wings and I did not? Can you fly with them?"

"Of course you can fly with them!" Rainbow Dash spoke up. "I'm doing it right now!" she added, beating her wings as she hovered to the ceiling. Wheeler was in awe.

"I have GOT to learn that. Me and Kwame may be here for a while. Wait-are the others here too?" asked the red maned pegasus. Then it hit him. "LINKA!" he yelled as he rushed to where he woke up. Kwame followed him to help him.

Wheeler came across a mauve pegasus mare with a long, blonde mane. She had a cutie mark of some white, wavy lines. She was wearing a golden bracelet around her hoof with a white diamond adorning one side.

"Linka! Wake up! It's me, your boyfriend, Wheeler!" He said shaking his crush. The pegasus mare was awaking as she heard her teammate's voice. But when she opened her eyes, she saw some green horse with red hair.

"GEET OFF OV ME!" She snapped in her Slavic accent as she jerked Wheeler of her. She got up and stepped forward, but tripped with clumsiness of her new form. She just looked down and saw four mauve legs, with no hands, fingers, or toes on them. Like Kwame and Wheeler, she was speechless over her new appearance.

"Linka, I swear it's me! My name is Joey Wheeler, I came from Brooklyn, New York, in America, and I've been trying to hit ya for years! We've all been turned into ponies for some reason!"

"It...It cannot be!" Linka said. "I am some winged horse? Did Gaia do this?" she asked, all stressed out.

"They prefer the word "ponies", Linka." said Kwame, walking up to her. Linka turned around and saw a blue colt with Kwame's hair. "And I'm pretty sure that our arrival here is an accident."

"Oh, Kwame, not you too!" Linka said in desparation. "Должно быть, я схожу с ума.* "
she muttered.

"What is going on here?" asked another feminine voice. It came from the now-awake unicorn mare. She had a magenta coat and a long and straight black mane. A picture of an ocean wave was adorned on her flanks. Lastly, she also had a golden bracelet, but with a sapphire embedded in the front.

"Gi, Linka, Twilight will explain everything. Get Ma-Ti up." mentioned Kwame, gesturing to the lavender unicorn.

Gi got up and held her eyes open in shock. She and Kwame went to their last friend who was just awakening. Ma-Ti, in pony form was a younger and smaller earth pony with sky blue fur. He had a long, wavy, black mane, and a pink heart was pictured on each of his rear legs. He wore a silver bracelet like Wheeler, but his gemstone was yellow, not red.

"Gather round everypony. I think I have an explanation to how Kwame and his friends got here." Twilight proclaimed. But first, these are my friends: Applejack," She pointed to an orange earth pony doffing her hat.

"Howdy, y'all." she replied in her southern drawl.

"Rarity," Twilight pointed to the white unicorn as she curtseyed.

"Rainbow Dash," who in turn waved at them while hovering.

"Pinkie Pie," who then zoomed over and vigorously shook their hooves, telling them that she'll throw a welcoming party for them, much to Rainbow Dash's chagrin.

"Fluttershy," Twilight pointed to a yellow pegasus who crouched and shied away in a corner while still keeping a smile.

"and my number one assistant, Spike.", she mentioned to a small, purple dragon.

"They have dragons in this pony world? Kick-ass!" Wheeler said.

"And we got gryphons and manticores and buffalo and giant bears with star-spangled fur, and loads of other creatures."

"I am practically an animal expert, and I know that they don't exist on Earth. They're only represented in some magic stories and myths." spoke Ma-Ti. Fluttershy perked up when she heard the words "animal expert".

"Kwame told us a little bit about Earth. You're all from there?"

"Of course." said Gi. "We each come a different part of the world, met up with one another, and worked together since then. I just don't know what we're doing here in..........What is this place called?"

"Equestria. And to be more specific, in the heart of a wonderful little town called Ponyville." said Rarity

"Thank you. Still, how did we get here? I just remember some flash of purple light and a vortex before we blacked out."

Twilight knew that this is where she would tell them that she's responsible for bringing them here. How would they handle it?

"I have something to tell you. I cast a spell along with my friends to summon magical entities. After I did so, I passed out too, and saw you five come along with it."

"I knew it!" yelled Wheeler. "This is some trick Dr. Blight or someone set up so she'd have us out of the picture while they destroy the Earth! I knew we couldn't trust these ponies! Let's go, Planeteers. We're getting the hell out this is freak Ponyland." He started walking out the door.

"Wheeler! Get back here! Twilight Sparkle is trying to tell us that is an accident! She didn't mean to do this to us!" Linka pleaded. "You have to trust her and her friends!"

"Give me one good reason why I should!" Wheeler snapped as he opened the door, spreading his wings as he attempted liftoff. Twilight glanced at the picture of a flame on his flanks. That's when it came to her:

"Because I know that you're the bearer of the Element of Fire!" Twilight quickly replied in desperation.

The turquoise pegasus froze in his tracks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile high above the nighttime Equestrian atmosphere, a car-sized metal sphere hurdling through the void of space got caught in the planet's gravity. It burst into flames at it met air resistance upon its descent. It careened though the layers of the thin air and further towards the ground at it slowed down. After several minutes, it slammed into an island off the coast of Equestria with surprisingly little force. There was no mile-wide crater, but a huge, dug out gash into the earth. It piled up a lot of earth and stone behind it as it skidded upon the ground. When it stopped, it sat there and cooled for several minutes. Suddenly, a hatch on one side opened up as something emerged from it. As the dust and shadow cleared, the figure revealed a tall, faded brown alicorn. He had a graying wavy mane and a long spiraled horn. Pictured in his flanks was a blood-red horse's skull. He took a look at his surroundings:

"A new world..........One that I, Zarm can destroy. And no Gaia or Captain Planet or their teenage knights can stop me here."

Zarm took a look at his equine form, admiring his build, new wings and horn. "I like this new body. I feel stronger after so much time banished in space. But let's see what it can do..."

His horn glowed a sickly green as at he aimed it at a nearby bush. It fired with great intensity as the bush burst into flame. He lowered his horn into a fertile patch in the ground where many flowers were growing. They immediately turned black, brown, and gray as they withered and died. Zarm spread his wings as he took flight and hovered above the water. His horn yet again glowed the same sickly-green as he fired it into the water. Seconds later, hundreds of dead fish floated to the surface. Zarm only grinned at the damage he was causing, only for him to start frowning as he sensed something:

"I sense the powers of the elements.......It......It cannot be!"

Author's Note:

* Russian for "I must be losing my mind."