• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 3,629 Views, 199 Comments

Running from Slender - Undead_Non-Brony



my name is Michael. i went on a hunting trip with a couple of my freinds. worst idea ever.

  • ...
21
 199
 3,629

History Lesson

Slender Pony was waiting in Princess Luna's chamber until she got out of Night court. He stepped out on to the balcolny and looked over to the small town of Ponyville, a place he had very close to his heart. It was where he originated from. Well, it wasn't called Ponyville at the time, in fact it wasn't called any thing 2,000 years ago. It was just a patch of rugged land next to a dangerous forest. He had moved there per order of Princess Luna, but he wasn't told why. When he got there, he was met by Luna herself. "We thank you for coming, my love." He looked at her and smiled. Her eyes met his and they embraced for a minute or two and broke apart. She looked like she wanted to say some thing but was nervous. He asked "Luna, is something bothering you? If there is, then I want to help you." She looked at him, with tears rolling down her face. "White Mane, I love you. But Celestia told me that she and I are not allowed by our parents to have relation ships with anypony who is not an alicorn. I'm sorry." Her tears were flowing down her cheeks. White Mane looked at her, his eyes pools of sadness. "Well, it seems my timing is terrible." He pulled out a hoof sized box and opened it. Inside was a silver and gold streaked wedding band. Luna looked at the beautiful object, then back to her lover. He asked "Luna, will you marry me?" He had a slight well of hopefulness in his eyes. "Yes! Yes I will!" Then she tackled him in a flying hug. They looked into each others eyes and shared a deep kiss. They had planned to take it further when an ear splitting howl disrupted the couple. Their eyes went to the tree line that was only 50 yards away, and what they saw terrified them. Standing at the edge of the forest was a very large dog like creature. It had no fur, grey skin, beady black eyes, and huge claws. Luna whispered to her soon-to-be, "The Rake... It is real!?" White Mane looked at her with a determined fear in his eyes. "Run my love. I will deal this creature."

"White Mane, no! It will kill you!"

"Most likley. But I can die at ease if I know you are safe."

Their eyes locked for one last time. Luna nodded, with tears staining her face. They kissed one last time and she left in a flash of deep blue light. White Mane let a tear slide from his eye and turned to face the demon that cost him his love. He would make it pay. Dearly.

______________________________________________-_-_-____________________________________________________


I must have have passed out from yelling so much. I think its becoming a habit... I could tell I was on a train because, well... Its kinda hard to miss. I was leaning against a window and I could see a large castle hanging off the side of the mountain. This place defies physics at every turn. I turned away from the window and looked across the aisle. Colmillo was sitting there with Spike, and they seemed to be communicating in animal speak. I got up as quietly as I could because I thought that Colmillo could use some friends and they seemed to really be interested in whatever they were talking about. I snuck out of the car and in to the one behind us. Twilight and her friends were discussing something quietly when the pink one, what was her name? Pinkie Pie, saw me and got up quick as greased lightning and was in front of me before I could say something witty. "HI MICHAEL!!!! HOW ARE YOU??? DO YOU WANT A CUPCAKE???" Her voice was so loud I heard her voice box groan. "Turn off caps lock, jesus!" She looked at me and said, "I'm not a computer silly!"

"Wait how do you know what a computer is?"

"I know alot of things! Like for instance," her voice darkened and her mane went from poofy to hanging straight down " I know what you did last summer." Her eyes went from dark and scary to cheery and michievious and her mane was back to its poofy self. It took me a couple seconds to realize what just happened, but when it clicked, I double face-palmed. "Oh dear lord, that was shit." Michael-2, Ponies-1. She looked at me and smiled. "Any other questions Staff Sergeant?" This time I fell flat on my ass and looked up at her. How did she know?! She shook her head, walked over to me and gave me a light hug.

"It's ok, mikey, your secret is safe with me. After all, I know you have payed for it a hundred times over."

"Th-thank you, Pinkie. Thank you."

The others in the room just looked at us in bewilderment. Twilight asked very tentatively, "Umm, what is she talking about Michael? You seemed rather shocked." I looked at them uncertainly. Should I tell them? Dammit, If i'm going to be living here, I might as well. I stood up and motioned for them to gather around for story time.

"Hope you're up for a history lesson. It starts about four years back in Mogadishu, Somalia. I was a navy SEaL, one of the most elite fighting forces on Earth. We had gotten a tip from an unknown source that there was a band of pirates based out of an old warehouse next to the coast. Keep in mind, when I say pirates, I don't mean wooden ships and cannon balls, I mean small rubber dingies and small firearms. Anyway, back to the story. The U.S. Military had decided that they would send us in and wipe them out. Our orders were to kill everyone inside the building, blow it up and leave. The whole point of the operation, besides getting rid of another group of pirates, was to send a message. The message being 'Violence against the U.S. and its allies would be delt with, severley.'

"Anyways, When we got there, we split our group up between myself and my friend GySgt. Sean Taylor. Our group only consissted of him, myself and four others. I went around the building to come in and suprise the enemy, while Sean breached the front. When my squad got to the back we heard Sean give the command to attack. We busted in and we were met with the gun barrels of at least 50 pirates. My squad fell back and took cover in a dilapitated building 20 yards away. We managed to get there but the pirates followed us. We all opened fire, taking down a good chunk of them in 10 seconds flat. But there were still more. We managed to hold out for a few more minutes, but then one of them pulled out an RPG, or rocket propelled grenade, which blows up on impact. he fired it and it flew past us and hit a support beam. The building started coming down around us, and my squad mates ran out, only to be cut down by enemy fire. I figured i'd rather let the building crush me then give them the pleasure of killing another SEaL. It came down hard and I felt a chunk of cement land on me. I was being buried alive. I passed out.

"When I woke up, I was tied to a chair. There was only one source of light, an old cliche overhead lamp. Then a door opens off to my left and my buddy Sean is thrown into the room, outcold. I yelled his name a couple times but to no avail. I sat there for what seemed like hours. Then a Man walked into the room asking for information. Being a SEaL, I wasn't about to give anything away. So he started beating me. After a solid 10 minutes of abuse he pulled out a gun and put it to Sean's head. He told me he would kill him. I couldn't give anything away and we were dead anyways, so I refused. 'Your choice' he said, then pulls the trigger. Sean's head exploded into paste. The guy gets up and then points it at me. Asks for information again. This time, I spit in his face. He shoots me point blank."

Thier eyes were rapt with attention. Twilight started "Thats terrible Michael! I'm so sorry that happened to you! But i have to know, how did you survive. From the way you explained it, guns are extremely dangerous."

"I was about to tell you. After I had been shot, they dropped my body at a U.S. Military checkpoint. I was found and rushed to hospital. They were able to dig the lead out of my head and fix me up. I was sent home with a puple heart, a medal to commemorate courage and bravery in the face of adversity and danger. But after what they did to me, I wasn't ready to forgive and forget. I started buying weapons and ammunition. I bought bullet proof vests and leggings, along with the very knife I have now." I pulled it out for dramatic effect. "I moved to Mogadishu with all my new toys and started planning. After three months, I found the village that the man who shot me was staying in. I got ready and moved. I walked throughout the town, placing explosives at certain strategic points. Then after I cleared the blast radius, I detonated the explosives. I got my gear on and waded through the town shooting all the people who were trying to get to the hospital. I finally came to the mans house. I kicked open the door and walked in. There was no one in the house and I was about to leave, when I saw a door that lead to a basement. I opened it and walked down. He was there with his daughter and wife. I shot his wife in the head with a pistol. I grabbed his daughter and slit her throat. Then I pulled off a gas mask i was wearing and looked him in the eye. He recognized me and asked 'How? I thought you were dead?' I put the gun to his head and replied 'Geuss you were wrong then, huh?' He looked at me and asked me to make it quick. I looked at him and realized that killing him would give him the pleasure of living with his family in the after life. 'No. No you live with it.' I said and left."

They all looked at me in horror except for Pinkie, who was sitting next to me patting my back. I reached up to rub my eye and my hand came back wet. I hadn't even realized I was crying. Fluttershy walked up to me and hugged me. Followed by Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. They sat there hugging me and I hugged back. "The people I killed, I see their faces every night. I went back home, to Minnesota. No one knew it was me, and the government just chalked it up to a terrorist attack. I lived with my parents, Because all my money had gone to weapons. Then my mom died in an accident. My dad somehow blamed me. One night he tried killing me with a knife. I brought mine out and I fought back. I had to lose both of my parents. Seeing as it was self defense, I wasn't arrested. I had to watch both my parents get lowered into the ground. Thats when my friends caught me trying to commit suicide. I had swallowed a handful of diet pills and chugged a bottle of whiskey. They held me down and induced vommitting. The next day I got a little puppy, Colmillo. He brought me back from the darkness, and gave me reason to live. I would never let harm come to him." Thats when I heard the door from the train car I woke up in open, and when I looked, Spike was holding the door open and Colmillo walked in. The girls let go of me as Colmillo ran to me and I opened my arms and he tackled me. He licked my face as he l laughed. The gathered ponies and dragon D'AAAWWWWWWWWed so hard. Michael-3, Ponies-1. Then a voice came over the intercom. "We will be arriving in Canterlot in 5 minutes, please find your seats."

_________________________________________________-_-_-________________________________________________

White Mane rushed The Rake and tackled it. A song came into his head as he fought. The rake swung a large clawed hand, and knocked White Mane away. He tried getting up, but The Rake was on him before he knew it. The Rake looked almost sympathetic, but that didn't stop it from slashing White Manes throat. He blacked out in only a few seconds.

When he opened his eyes, he was in a field of black grass with a blood red sky. "Where am I?" he asked outloud. When he heard a raspy voice behind him say "The valley of death." He jumped almost ten feet into the air. He turned to the speaker. It was The Rake. "What do you want?"

"I saw your love for the Night Princess. I could not let you live, but I can grant you something that will allow you to live as long as her. You will be able to see her, but not SEE her. You will be able to speak to her, but not SPEAK to her. You will never be able to tell her who you really are, but you will still get to be near her if that is what you wish. Will you accept my offer?" He thought about what it could mean. Seeing Luna, but not? Speak but not speak? But the chance to be near her was to tempting.

"Yes. I accept."

"Excellent. Now stand still, Master."

White Mane did a double take. Master? What could that mean? Suddenly, shadowy mist rose out of the grass and smothered him. It got in his nose, mouth, ears, and yes, even... even there. The pain was immense, tearing his insides apart, sealing his mouth, eyes, and nose. He lost his mane and tail. He fell to the ground and passed out.

When White Mane woke, he was at least 3 feet taller, and wearing a black suit and red tie. "Ah you're awake Master! Wonderful, now we can begin!"

To spare the gory details, which were quite gory, for years White Mane, whose new name was Slender Mane, simply killed like he was told. Then he realized, he could do good for the ponies of Equestria! He killed The Rake, and stopped killing ponies. he visited Luna every now and then, but never for very long. It hurt to much. Little did he know that he was the real reason Luna turned into Nightmare Moon.