• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 3,165 Views, 69 Comments

A New Beginning - Mr101



Ratchet was an earth pony on his way to a new beginning far from his home to a town called Ponyville

  • ...
4
 69
 3,165

Some food, a scare and a flying blur of pink

Granny Smith cackled heartedly as APAU put on a performance for her pouring drinks and passing food around, she clapped her hooves in approval, Big Mac now sort of used to him was smiling as he watched the show.

“Well mah oh mah what ah delightful contraption!” she cackled once again applauding APAU who did on overdramatic bow.

“W-well I’m glad you think so” Replied Ratchet smiling ‘Don’t think I could of handled being held accountable for the death of an old mare on my first day’ he thought to himself taking another sip of juice “And I must say Mrs Smith this apple juice is just fantastic” He grinned downing the rest of the juice “It’s like no Apple juice I’ve ever tasted!” Granny Smith smiled going to pour a glass before APAU performed a ‘please allow me’ action and poured Ratchet another glass.

“Well thank ye kindly and please call me Granny dearie everyone else does” she cackled again along with Applebloom, Ratchet just grunted from his glass as he enjoyed his third helping of apple juice.

“Ratchet careful, you’re going to get hiccups silly” Ditzy giggled, there was a brief pause as Ratchet finished the glass with a sigh, he blinked once then began to let out high pitched hiccups loudly sending the room into hysterics including Big Mac.

“Yeah –hiccup- yeah –hiccup- reeeeeal funny” he glared trying his best to look serious his facial reactions when he hiccupped however had other ideas.

“You sound like a filly that just saw the Slendermane!” Ditzy said between laughs, Ratchet scowling gave her a light shove with his hoof. Granny smith and Apple Bloom were leaning on one another for support tears streaming down their cheeks whilst Big Mac rested his head in his hooves laughing as Ratchet tried to regain his posture and struggling to do so.

“Oh mah stars” Granny Smith began wiping a tear with a hoof “Ah ain’t laughed like that in years!” the laughter started to die down as did Ratchet’s hiccups. There was another pause before Ratchet spoke up.

“Anyway…I DO NOT sound like a scared filly who just saw the Slendermane Ditzy!” he turned to his right to see she wasn’t there, blinking he turned to ask the other two if they had seen her but was greeted by Ditzy who was face to face hovering upside with a horrifyingly evil looking face and spoke in a dark almost demonic voice.

“Boo”

Ratchet screamed like a little filly that had just seen the Slendermane and flailed in his seat a terrified expression on his face as he fell backwards onto the floor with a loud crash. There was another pause before all three burst into hysterical laughter holding their sides as Ratchet twitched on the floor, APAU reached over and high hoofed Ditzy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight had headed towards the north end of Ponyville to search for clues.

“Excuse me” she called out to a couple who turned to look in her direction “I was wondering if you could help me with something?”

“Sure ok” the one on the right replied to her.

“I’m looking for a colt, he’s new to Ponyville and-“she was cut off by the one on the left.

“Oh you mean Ratchet!” she started” Why he was at the marketplace earlier with that cross eyed mare uhm Dippy Ditty…”

“Ditzy dear” the one on the right corrected her “She said something about giving him a grand tour of Ponyville” Twilight frowned slightly ‘But that was going to be my job’ she thought sadly, but dispelled the feelings as she was at least happy someone was helping him out.

“Oh thank you I’ll head over there now!” Twilight thanked them and headed off to the marketplace ‘He won’t be there but at least I’ll be able to find out where he and Ditzy headed off to’ she thought.

At the same time Rainbow Dash had bumped into Applejack who told her she was heading to the marketplace, soon after that Fluttershy and Rarity had joined the two at the entrance to the marketplace. They looked over to see Pinkie having a conversation with one of the market stall owners, well, she was talking to him at least.

“And after that were going to have a big party and then were going to give him presents and then were going to have another BIGGER party and then-“

“Uh…Miss?” the stallion tried to speak but Pinkie soon drowned him out again.

“OHMYGOSHWEHAVETOGETANOTHERCAKEBECAUSETHEOTHERONEGOTRUINED!” and with that she sped off to Sugarcube Corner leaving the stallion speechless. The ponies went over to him Rainbow Dash addressing him.

“Was she trying to ask you something my dear?” she inquired.

“Uhm w-why yeah she was she wanted to know about the new guy who just moved here but she kept interrupting me so I couldn’t give her an answer” he sighed with a shrug.

“Well would you be a darling and tell us please?” Rarity asked him battering her eyelids.

“U-uh yeah o-ok he and Ditzy were talking to L-Lyra and Bon-Bon” he indicated with his hoof to the two ponies who were outside a café chatting away.

“Thank you kindly darling” Rarity thanked him blowing him a kiss causing him to blush and fiddle with the stalls supplies nervously, the girl then headed over to the two who looked up as they approached.

“Oh hey girls” Lyra waved to them” How are you today?”

The girls greeted them and then began to question them.

“The fellah over there says you two seen the new guy do y’all know where he is?” Applejack started, Lyra and Bon-bon giggled to each other before Bon-Bon replied to her.

“Why yes we have, you must mean Mr Ratchet” she giggled again with Lyra.

“What’s with the giggling?” Rainbow Dash almost demanded her.

“Well our new citizen is from Coltchester…” Lyra started by she trailed off into a giggle as Bon-Bon finished her sentence for her.

“He has the most looooooooovely accent” she cooed as she joined in with Lyra giggling, Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes face hoofing.

“Well could y’all tell us where he and Ditzy were headed?” Applejack asked impatiently.

“Last we heard they were heading to your farm” Lyra replied taking a sip of her water “Ratchet wanted to look around there before he settled in”
.
“Then that’s where were heading y’all!” Applejack announced, as the girls turned round they saw Twilight running towards them.

“Hey girls” she panted for breath taking a moment to regain her composure “Found out anything helpful?”

“Sure did Twi! He’s over at Sweet Apple acres right now! Wait…where’s Pinkie Pie?” she asked looking around for her. The girls just shrugged.

“She uhm…ran off to get more cake…I think” Fluttershy replied quietly.

“Oh, well I’m sure she will meet us there, mare has an unnatural ability to appear wherever and whenever”. Twilight sighed the girls nodding in unison in agreement before heading off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the lunch and teasing of Ratchet finished Ratchet Ditzy and APAU helped Applebloom and Big Mac to clear up the table letting Granny Smith sit in her rocking chair.

“Granny Smith it was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for lunch it was absolutely delicious” Ratchet thanked her shaking her hoof, Granny Smith chuckled as she smiled APAU shaking her hooves happily.

“Why it weren’t no trouble dearie, when Big Mac told me about how you fixed the barn roof it was the least ah could do besides ah got to meet a new fellah and uhm...fellahs” she looked up at APAU who was retracting into the bags.

“Well it wasn’t a problem, and if you need any help with repairs around the farm let me know” he smiled “it’s on the house”

“Well that’s mighty kind of you” Big Mac grinned shaking his hoof, Ditzy and Ratchet headed out of the building waving to the Apples.

“Bye! See you guys later!” Ditzy called back to them as the two and were about to head down the path when Applebloom shout out.

“BIG SIS!” she shouted jumping on the spot looking down the path, Ditzy and Ratchet turned to see who she was calling to just in time to see a mass of Pink tackle Ratchet to the ground.

“HIMYNAMESPINKIEPIEWELCOMETOPONYVILLEIMSOGLADTOFINALLYMEETYOUDOYOULIKEPARTIESCOSWEREGUNNATHROUGHYOUAMAJORPAAAAAAARTY!” She screeched like a hyperactive child into his startled face.

“Uh...” Ratchet began before Pinkie was covered in a glowing purple aura lifting her off Ratchet and to the side.

“See I told you she’d appear…Celestia knows how she does it though…” Twilight turned to Ratchet who was being helped up by Ditzy “We meet at last” she smiled extending her hoof to Ratchet “My name is Twilight Sparkle and I’m-“Ratchet cut her off.

“Sorry to interrupt but you were at the train station weren’t you, I think I saw you six heading into the railway assistance room next to the tourist information room when I left for the taxi lot.” He asked them the girls stared at him blinking for a few moments ‘Oh Luna not again’ he thought bracing for the over reactions to his accent.

“Uhm…well yes, yes as a matter of fact we did go in there we must of missed you by a second or two” Twilight replied, Ratchet scanned the girls none of them seemed to be ready to scream except Rarity who was acting like Bon-Bon and then his eyes caught Pinkie Pie’s who was about to pounce him again. Sensing this Twilight stopped her in mid pounce just in time.

“OHMYGOSHYOURVOICEISSOTOATALLYAWESOME!!!!” she cried out trying desperately to pounce Ratchet, the girls, having regained themselves face hoofed sighing as Applebloom hugged her sister.

“You shoulda seen him Applejack! He helped Big Mac fix the barn roof in a matter of seconds!” she grinned up at her.

“Coupla seconds? That job was the work of at least two ponies how in the hay did he do it so fast?” Applejack tilted her head at Ratchet as if to size him out.

“He did it with APAU!” Applebloom replied pointing her hoof at Ratchets bags ‘Crap…how are they going to re-act to him?’” Ratchet thought as the girls looked confused.

“A…PAU?” Rainbow Dash blinked confused “What the hay is that?” Ratchet sighed and looked at them.

“Promise me you won’t over react….much” He looked at Pinkie on the last word seeing her still being held by Twilight’s magic. The girls like earlier with Ditzy Big Mac and Applebloom nodded in slight confusion. “Ok…APAU come on out” and with that APAU shot out dramatically giving an overdone bow to the girls, they stood their mouths agape all except Pinkie who seemed to know that it was going to happen, Applebloom Ditzy Big Mac and Granny Smith snickered at their expressions.

“W-what is…”Twilight stuttered as APAU shook her hoof before shaking each of the girls one after the other.
“APAU is my friend, he’s a robot I built and stands for-“

“Automated Pony Assistance Unit” Applebloom cut in sticking her chest out proudly. Ratchet and Ditzy chuckled.

“Precisely” Ratchet confirmed as he grinned APAU now messing around with a very delighted Pinkie Pie who was now free of her magic prison and hoof wrestling APAU.

“Well then…” Twilight began watching APAU before turning to Ratchet “We were meant to take you around town but it appears that’s already been taken care of” she shot a glance at Ditzy who looked embarrassed.

“Sorry about that Twilight…I didn’t know” she said softly looking down.

“It’s ok Ditzy, seems you two had fun anyway so that’s good all that’s left is for you to meet the Mayor Ratchet and you will of officially moved in” Twilight stated.

“Fantastic!” Ratchet replied “Lead the way!”

And with that the girls and Ratchet said goodbye once again to Big Mac Apple Bloom and Granny Smith and headed off down the path back to Ponyville.

‘I’m going to love it here’ He thought to himself grinning as he watched Ditzy tell the others about the fun at lunch, Ratchet sighed ‘I think…’


[Added another reference in here let’s see who gets it first, hint, it’s from an old British Claymation cartoon]