• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 3,163 Views, 69 Comments

A New Beginning - Mr101



Ratchet was an earth pony on his way to a new beginning far from his home to a town called Ponyville

  • ...
4
 69
 3,163

Comeuppance

Twilight lay in the middle of the library a book levitating in front of her as well as several scrolls, her face switched between each of them as her eyes shifted taking in each word with concentration, she let out a groan of frustration as the books and scrolls fell to the ground with a loud thud. Spike, who had been asleep upstairs woke with a start grumbling loudly having had his perfect dream ruined, he got up and stumbled lazily down the stairs to see his once clean floor covered in books glared at Twilight who was now standing up pulling book after book scroll after scroll from the bookcase scanning each one.

“Twilight what are you doing…I’m trying to sleep here” the dragon grumbled as he scratched his stomach.

Twilight gasped as she heard his voice dropping some books she was levitating onto the floor further annoying spike.
“Oh sorry Spike I was just trying to find something…”

“You’re still obsessing over that stallion from the fair? It’s over Twilight he left without causing a fuss just go to bed...”

“I can’t Spike, I have a bad feeling about him that’s all and besides I-“she was interrupted by a frantic banging at the door causing both her and Spike to jump up startled.

Spike walked to the door throwing his arms up in annoyance as the banging continued “ALRIGHT I’M COMING KEEP YOUR MANE ON!” he opened the door and glared at the cloaked visitor “Look pal the library is closed so HEY!” the figure pushed past him looking around franticly for Twilight, she lowered her hood and heard Twilight behind her.

“Who is it Spike-“she was cut off as she gasped and glared at the mare who burst into the room hearing Twilight’s voice

“Trixie?! What in Luna’s name are you doing here!?” Trixie looked up at her lowering her hood tears and blood staining her cheeks, Twilight’s face changed to that of worry” what happened to you…”

“There’s no time to explain I need you help please!” Trixie pleaded as she started to cry softly “I-I didn’t want it to g-go this far but they a-attacked me and now R-Ratchet….” She choked back a sob, Twilight’s eyes widened as she used her magic to force Trixie’s head up and she glared at her angrily along with Spike who had becoming alerted to Ratchet’s name being said.

“What about Ratchet? What did you do?”

“I-I just wanted to embarrass him like h-he did me but Flicktail’s thugs-“

Trixie suddenly felt Twilight’s magic stop as Twilight ran to her bookcase pulling out a book and flipping through the pages. As she came to the page she was looking for she gasped and turned round to face Trixie anger etched no her face, Trixie began to cower as Twilight spoke coldly.

“What.Did.You.Do”

Trixie began to sob hard as she told Twilight and Spike what had happened earlier that day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditzy was walking with Dinky next to her smiling to herself as she trotted calmly through the town; she watched Dinky bounce around her clearly excited and giggled softly.

“Keep bouncing like that and you not going to have any energy to eat Ratchet’s yummy food”

“But I can help it mummy I’m just so excited!”

Ditzy giggled at her little muffin her behaviour mimicking and almost rivalling that of Pinkie Pie, as they approached the town centre Ditzy stopped as she looked up to the sky seeing smoke rising up, she tilted her head for a moment.

‘Is some pony having a bonfire?’

Dinky stopped as well looking up to her mother’s face then to where she was looking and back again, she caught sight of several pegasi flying past each carrying what appeared to be buckets.

“Mummy what are they doing?” she point skyward with a hoof.

Ditzy looked up and her eyes widened recognising the uniforms the pegasi were wearing as the fire fighter uniforms the towns brigade wore.

‘Oh no…is some poor ponies house on fire?’

She told Ditzy to climb on her back as they quickly turned a corner towards the library they were overtaken by other ponies who were equally concerned with the rising smoke some of them carrying their own buckets in their mouths. As they came close Ditzy’s eyes widened as she came to a stop near the door staring at the smoke with a horror stricken face.

‘No….Celestia please don’t say it’s…’

Her thought was interrupted by Twilight coming out of the library looking up at the smoke gasping then noticing Ditzy staring at it wide eyed, Ditzy slowly turned her head to Twilight as tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

“It’s Ratchets home…” she whispered softy before taking off like a shot in the direction of the fire tears streaming down her face, Twilight with Spike on her back took off after her with Trixie close behind. Ditzy ran past several ponies as Dinky held on to her neck whimpering softly not sure what was going on

“Oh please Celestia please don’t let it be-“she came to a halt as a fire pony blocked her path holding her back, she just stared in horror as she choked on a sob, Dinky looked to where her mother was looking confused and whispered softly her voice breaking.

“Mummy…why is Ratchet’s house on fire…”

Ditzy couldn’t reply she broke down crying as Twilight and Spike caught up to her both being blocked by the fire pony, Twilight tried to get past as the fire fighters threw buckets of water on the blaze as well as tackling it with hoses attached to nearby hydrants but was blocked again by the fire fighter.

“Let me past!” she screamed at him “I can help!”

“Sorry ma’am no civilians allowed near the blaze we got this under control so if you-“

“MY FRIEND RATCHET IS IN THERE PLEASE LET ME PAST!” she screamed at him, the fighter turned round as he yelled to his colleagues.

“WE GOT A CIVILLIAN IN THE BUILDING!”

Immediately two of the fighters who were unicorns used their magic to form a protective aura around their mouth and noses and cautiously but quickly entered the blaze, Twilight turned to Ditzy embracing Dinky tightly who didn’t know what was going on as her mother sobbed. Twilight felt her eyes water up as she saw more and more ponies arriving some forming a pony bucket brigade passing what seemed like endless buckets down the line to the fire fighters, she saw her friends in the crowds and called them over. Rarity immediately went over to Ditzy and Dinky with Fluttershy to console them as Applejack ran over to offer assistance with fetching water buckets, Rainbow Dash flew up and joined the increasing number of pegasi in pushing clouds over the blaze in an attempt to use the rain stored in them.

There was a loud crash from the building that made some of the ponies scream.

“IT’S GUNNA CAVE IN!”

“SWEET CELESTIA LOOK OUT!”

Ditzy looked up to hear the roof groan loud followed by a sicking crack of wood snapping

“NO!” she screamed loudly as the roof suddenly caved in with a mighty crash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pegasus looked out of the window nervously as he tapped his hoof on the table watching the stream of smoke slowly fade away into the distance, his associate was looking nervous as he held his head in his hooves.

“What if he survives…what do we tell the boss?” he whispered to the Pegasus.

“I-I don’t know…the boss could easily deny being involved in an assault but this…I-I dunno” the unicorn replied.

“Tickets please”

They both jumped at the voice of the conductor who raised an eyebrow at the two.

“Huh? O-oh yeah uh…here” the unicorn handed him two tickets which he stamped before heading off.

“How long till we get to Canterlot I’m freaking out here”

“Not long, it’s the express train so not too long…”

The two remained silent both avoiding each other’s gaze as the train silently rolled down the tracks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditzy had closed her eyes and shielded Dinky’s as the roof came down, she expected the worst and turned her head away, there was a brief moment were every pony was silent before some pony called out.

“LOOK!”

Ditzy shot her head up quickly as she saw the two fire fighters emerge from the dust the roof falling in had caused levitating between them something large, Ditzy’s heart rose for a moment as she started to smile but it was soon replaced by horror as she saw Ratchet’s body battered bloodied and bruised being lowly carried out towards a cart with a red cross on it.
She pushed tried to push past the fighter nearby who in return tried to stop her, Rarity looked shocked brining a hoof to her mouth as Fluttershy began to tear up backing up slightly.

“Ma’am I can’t let you past it’s not safe!”

“You need to let her past!” Twilight said to him biting her lip worryingly as she watched Ratchet’s body being carefully placed on the cart.

“Ma’am I can’t-“

“I’m his marefriend please sir…please let me past” Ditzy begged him as tears flowed down her cheeks.

The fighter paused for a moment and stood aside to let her pass.

“Rarity can you keep an eye on Dinky please? I-I need to go with Ratchet I’ll call if anything h-happens”

“Sure Ditzy, now go, everything will be alright” Rarity tried to reassure her, Ditzy turned and ran over to the cart and got aboard holding back more tears as the cart began to race off towards the hospital.

“Miss Rarity…where are they taking mummy and Ratchet…” Dinky asked sniffling”

Rarity was at a loss for words and just pulled the little filly into a tight embrace where she started to softly cry. Twilight turned to try and find Trixie seeing her hiding behind a building and began to approach her with Spike following her, her face full of anger which made Trixie back up slightly in fear. Twilight used her magic to keep Trixie firmly in place.

“Ok Trixie if you’re really sorry…going to tell me everything you know about Flicktail…Spike…take a letter”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flicktail sat in his office watching outside his window watching every pony outside on the streets as they went about their business finishing up for the day, his eyes focused on two stallions that were walking fairly quickly down the road towards the building both of them looking anxious and nervous.

He slowly turned around in his chair nodding to two other ponies he had in the room with him by the door, they nodded in response and headed out the door. A few silent moments passed by before a door was opened below him and muffled voices rose up followed by the sounds of a scuffle and groans of pain from two different ponies, the two minions returned and pushed the Pegasus and unicorn into the room both of them looking battered groaning in pain as Flicktail slowly rose up.

“Well…I’ve been hearing all sorts of news from Ponyville…”

The two froze and started to shake slightly.

“Some very…very…VERY…interesting news…” he slowly walked in front of them pacing left and right.

“Boss-“the Pegasus began before being struck round his face by Flicktail’s hoof, he cried in pain as he held his cheek and fell to the floor.

“DID I SAY SPEAK!” he growled down at the Pegasus.

The Pegasus franticly shook his head whimpering softly.

“Now…as I was saying…I been hearing some interesting things from Ponyville…would one of you like to tell me what the BUCKING HELL YOU TWO MORONS DID?!” he slammed his hoof down as he stood in front of the pair.

The unicorn swallowed as he shakily started to explain.

“W-well b-boss we did as you w-wanted and let that b-bitch think she was leading us…”

“A-and we got her to l-lead us to his house and we uhm…” the Pegasus continued.

“We r-roughed him up, like y-you wanted us to boss but uh…”

“But?” Flicktail said coldly, the two other minions by the door shifted slightly.

“S-something happened…and he well u-uh…” the Pegasus trailed off his answer swallowing hard.

“I-we accidently…s-stabbed him In-n the chest…” The unicorn quietly whispered.

“A-and we…se-set fire to the h-house to cover up the e-evidence…”

Flicktail’s expression remained unfazed; he turned towards the window to look out of it.

“And the blue mare…what about her” Flicktail asked not moving his body or head.

The two stallions froze up their eyes widening in fear having forgotten that Trixie had run off during the fight, they remained silent.

“I thought so….do it”

The second he finished his sentence one of the minions by the door nodded and fired a bolt from a concealed crossbow into the head of the Pegasus who let out a sudden cry of pain before falling into the ground dead his eyes wide in fear, a pool of blood slowly formed around his head. The unicorn turned to his friend’s dead body and whimpered looking between Flicktail and the two minions.

“N-n-no Boss please! I’M S-SORRY!”

His plea fell on death ears as the second minion fired his concealed crossbow into the unicorns head killing him instantly as his body fell beside the Pegasus.

“Useless idiots….dispose of their bodies and send word to the others…were going to have company…”

The two nodded and dragged the bodies using their magic out of the door as Flicktail returned to his seat contemplating his next move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gurney trundled down the hallway with Ratchet laying on top being pushed along by two nurses with Ditzy close behind them, they eventually came to a stop inside a large operating theatre as the two nurses levitated him off the gurney and into the bed where the doctors began to hook him up to machinery, one of the pointed his hoof at Ditzy muttering something she didn’t hear and a nurse ushered her outside.

“I’m sorry, you need to wait out here, we’ll come find you if anything changes”

“O-ok…” Ditzy relied softly

She sat herself down at a nearby chair and waited until the nurse had disappeared before placing her head into her hooves and softly wept into her hooves.

“Please Celestia…Luna….let him be ok…” she softly said between sobs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight sat in a chariot that was speeding through the air rivalling the speed of Rainbow Dash; she was sitting in the chariot with Trixie, Applejack, Pinkie and Rainbow. The group remained in total silence as they raced to Canterlot, even Pinkie was quiet her mane had gone from being poofy and crazy to flat and dull.

“She did WHAT!” Rainbow yelled being healed back by Applejack as she tried to take a swipe at the cowering Trixie.

“Easy Rainbow settle down now!” Applejack grunted holding her back.

“Why should I she nearly got Ratchet killed!” Rainbow angrily replied as she struggled.
“I know Dash I know…even though it was stupid of her I believe her when she says she had no intention of him getting hurt and didn’t know who Flicktail was or what his plan was”

“I agree darlin and you know I can tell if a pony is lyin” Applejack agreed.

Rainbow settled down but continued to glare at Trixie.

“Fine…but if she so much as DARES try anything…”

Twilight looked out of the chariot and sighed looking in the direction of Ponyville, she felt a hoof on her shoulder and turned to see Applejack who offered a small smile to her.

“He’ll be fine Twi…”

“I know…I’m just worried about Ditzy and Dinky…”

“We all are Sugarcube…Rarity said she and Fluttershy will go to the hospital and check up on her and Ratchet…we just gotta stay positive”

Twilight smiled softly back before returning her gaze outside of the chariot. As the chariot arrived in Canterlot they all slowly descended out of it with Trixie following behind slower than the others her ears flat against her head, they looked up to see five guards that were expecting them however, these guards weren’t wearing the standard amour the royal guard usually wore. Instead they all wore grey armour etched with a symbol on the front Twilight recognized as belonging to the Equestrian Foreign legion.

Twilight tilted her head in confusion as to why members of the legion were waiting for them, she was approached by a steel coloured coated Pegasus stallion that was missing his mane and had larger than average wings and she instantly recognised him.

“Sergeant Iron Clad!” Twilight smiled as she greeted the stallion with a hug “I thought you were still on tour on the border?”

“Just got back Miss Sparkle and I keep telling you, call me Iron Clad” he hugged her back before smiling at her.

“And I keep telling you to call me Twilight”

Iron Clad chuckled lightly “Noted, I was informed of what has taken place involving the criminal Flicktail and Princess Celestia and your brother asked for me and my men to take care of the situation personally”

“Is my brother around?”

“I’m afraid not Miss Sparkle, he had to leave on urgent business in Manehattan a couple of hours ago”

Twilight frowned slightly before heading back to her friends and Trixie.

“Uhm Twi? Who is that?” Dash asked her

“Didn’t you know? That’s Sergeant Iron Clad”

Pinkie and Dash looked at her confused before Applejack spoke up.

“As in Star Charmer’s husband Iron Clad?”

“That’s the one”
Dash and Pinkie all made sounds of realisation and nodded understandably, Twilight turned her attention to Trixie who remained quiet hiding behind Applejack slightly.

“Is this the mare you spoke of Miss Sparkle?” Iron Clad said as he approached the group looking down at Trixie making her whimper in fear.

“It is Sergeant”

Iron Clad slowly approached Trixie lowering his head down to her face and glared into her eyes.

“Are you certain you can lead us to Flicktail’s hideout?”

Trixie just whimpered and nodded before Iron Clad turned to his men and nodded at them, they all saluted him and he returned to Twilight.

“Thank you for the assist Miss Sparkle but we will take it from here”

“But Sergeant…we want to help”

“I’m sorry but-“

“But nothing, we defeated Nightmare Moon we can help you!”

Iron Clad chuckled and gave her mane a playful rub.

“Seems I can’t argue against that Miss Sparkle, ok you can assist us”

“Wait what?! But were not soldiers!” Dash protested.

Iron Clad turned to her cocking his brow.

“Oh? So it was just my imagination you and your friends defeated Nightmare Moon is it?”

“Well no but-”

“And are you not the Element of Loyalty?”

Dash paused for a moment and puffed her chest out.

“Yeah, yeah I am!”

“Then show your strength of loyalty by helping us”

Dash grinned and saluted him.

“Yes sir!”

Twilight giggled softly with Applejack before Iron Clad turned to his men.


“So what’s the plan Sir?” one of the soldiers asked.

“Simple, Miss Trixie here will lead us to the hideout as soon as possible so we don’t lose the cover of the night; we will then split into two groups at each side of the building’s exits. Squad A will consist of myself, Miss Sparkle, Miss Trixie, Miss Pie and Privates Metal Coat and Shadow Tail. Squad A will take out any opposition at the front and on the ground level.
Squad B, which will be under the command of Corporal Silver Dagger and will consist of Private Razor Wing as well as Miss Dash and Miss Applejack, will stand at the exit of the building to prevent any pony from fleeing and will only enter on the all clear. We will then take the rest of the building by force with or without Flicktail alive”

“Sir Yes sir!” the Corporal replied saluting him.

“Move out!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Miss Ditzy?”

Ditzy raised her head suddenly at the sound of the nurse’s voice and wiped her eyes.

“Y-yeah?”

“Mr Ratchet’s stable now you can come see him” she smiled as Ditzy gasped and smiled before stumbling up and quickly entering the room.

The room was quiet save for the soft beeping of a heart monitor hooked up to Ratchet, he lay on the bed his eyes closed breathing softly. His front right leg was in a cast and he had a couple of stiches and bandages around his head and neck, a tube connected from his nose to a tank labelled ‘Ox’. Ditzy slowly sat in the chair beside him and held his left hoof stroking it holding back another wave of tears smiling to herself.

‘Thank the Princess’s your alive…thank you Celestia…Luna…thank you’

“Would you like us to call anyone Miss Ditzy?” the nurse asked her.

“Yes…C-can you phone Miss Rarity and tell her? She’s looking after my daughter for me”

The nurse nodded and left the room leaving Ditzy alone with Ratchet.

“I wish you were awake to hear this Ratchet but…I love you…I want you to come live with me and Dinky”

She leant over and kissed his cheek nuzzling at his neck softly

“Please…wake up…we need you…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron Clad hid with his squad in the shadows of an alley a few houses away from Flicktail’s headquarters; he scanned the area carefully making out two earth stallions guarding the front door sharing a jug of what appeared to be cider, he made an assumption on the amount of guards at the rear of the building. He nodded to Pinkie who grinned and zipped out towards the guards bouncing as she went, they looked at her confused for a moment.

“HI!” Pinkie beamed at them.

“Uh…hello, Miss you need to leave it’s a restricted area” one of the replied before blinking at where Pinkie had just been standing but not anymore. “What the?”

The other guard stood there mouth agape trying to see where the pink pony had vanished to, he went to take another swig of cider but noticed it wasn’t in his hoof, turning around quickly to try and find it only to see Pinkie Pie now giggling with the cider jug on her back. Suddenly she took off down the road bouncing as she went.

“HEY!” the guard shouted as he and the other guard began to run after the giggling Pinkie.

Iron Clad waited a moment before being satisfied she had led the guards away, he turned to the group to order them to move out but noticed Twilight looking concerned.

“Don’t worry Miss Sparkle, from what you’ve told me Miss Pie will be fine”

Twilight smiled as she Trixie Metal and Shadow followed Iron Clad quickly to the door, he motioned to Shadow who used his magic to wrap the door and waited before nodding and he carefully opened the door.
“What are you two-“

A guard inside turned to see why the door opened and was immediately struck round the head by the hilt of Metal Coat’s sword he was levitating and fell to the ground unconscious, the other guard in the room didn’t have a chance to register what had happened as Metal’s sword collided with his face dropping him to the floor. A door opened and Metal Shadow and Iron Clad charged into the room quickly Metal and Shadow drawing their swords as Iron Clad hovered using his hooves to wield his sword, five guards burst into the room each holding swords and daggers.

“Drop your weapons now and your lives will be spared” Iron Clad said calmly.

The guards ignored his demand for surrender and charged at the three soldiers who retaliated, as they fought three other guards panicked upon investigating the noise and ran for the back door but screeched to a halt as two spears pointed at them and were kicked in the head by Applejack and Dash knocking them out cold. Iron Clad parried the unicorns sword before dodging to the side to avoid another sword and deflected the attack away before lunging at the unicorn driving his sword into the chest him killing the unicorn instantly.

The guard attacking Metal Coat went wide eyed at the sight of the dead unicorn giving Metal an advantage as he disarmed the earth stallion he stumbled backwards and threw his legs in the air surrendering, Shadow had killed one of the stallions who had charged him and disarmed another by knocking him out cold with his sword’s hilt. The final stallion had quickly moved around behind the group and was about to lunge his sword at Metal who turned round at the last second.

“METAL!” Shadow cried.

Metal shut his eyes expecting death but opened them to see the sword hovering a few inches from his face, the sword itself was shaking as purple and blue fought for control of the sword. The purple energy won and the sword shot across the room landing with a clash as a chair shot back colliding with the unicorn and knocking him out. Metal looked to see Twilight’s horn glowing purple and her panting.

“Thank you Miss Sparkle” Metal bowed to her as she smiled softly at him.

“It was nothing…” she beamed at him

“Shadow, go and give the clear to squad B we need to move quickly no doubt Flicktail’s been alerted by us. Metal can you tie the prisoners up”

Both soldiers saluted and went to do their orders, Trixie who had remained near the door came over to Metal levitating several lengths of rope, he took them smiling.

“Thank you Miss Trixie”

Trixie smiled slightly happy she was assisting them, a few moments later Shadow Silver and Razor came in with Applejack and Rainbow Dash dragging the unconscious bodies of the guards they dealt with outside. After securely tying them up Iron left Shadow and Razor who were the two unicorns of the squad to keep guard over the prisoners, Applejack offered to stay behind to keep an eye on them as well.

The rest of them advanced up the stairs the soldiers at the front except for Silver who took the back, they were greeted by six guards who had been waiting for them and began to attack them. Iron Clad quickly took down the leader of the six with a quick slice to his neck; Iron quickly blocked the swing of a sword as Metal rushed forward and drove his sword into the chest of the attacker. The remaining guard backed up slightly realising they were no match for the soldiers and Iron spoke again.

“Drop your weapons and you will be spared”

Hesitantly they complied and threw their swords by his feet, nodding to Metal and Silver they escorted them downstairs.

“Miss Dash can you fly to the castle and have them send over a transportation cart?”

“Yes sir” Dash saluted and shot down stairs and into the skies heading to the palace.

Iron Clad turned to Twilight and Trixie as Metal and Silver returned.

“We’ll take it from here you two, you should-“

He was interrupted by Trixie who since Ponyville had remained quiet.

“S-sergeant Iron C-clad…I want to do this…I-I owe it to R-Ratchet”

“We both do Sergeant” Twilight added standing beside Trixie

Iron sighed before nodding

“Ok, but stay behind us…I expect Flicktail has a few more tricks for us…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flicktail leant on his desk facing the door calmly sipping from a glass as he heard the fighting below him, his two guards either side of him had their crossbows out, and the pair of them looking nervous. As the sounds of fighting stopped they shot a glance to one another before raising their crossbows to the door, there was a long pause as the guards front began to shake into fear as they waited for the door to open, the door suddenly burst open and the two of them immediately shot their bolts into the corridor missing their targets and thudding into the wall.

They tried to reload but were met by twin daggers flying into their necks dropping them to the floor dead. Flicktail’s expression didn’t change as he calmly drank the rest of his glass as the group entered their weapons aimed at him.

“In the name of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna I hereby arrest you” Iron Clad approached him carefully his sword still raised.

Flicktail looked at him and smirked before rising up from his seat.

“I don’t think so Sergeant…I don’t intend to go to prison”

From behind them Trixie shrieked as the guards that were tied up advanced on them menacingly from the stairs, Metal turned round and raised his sword up along with Shadow pushing Twilight and Trixie behind them, Iron Clad shot a glance to the guards then to Flicktail anger etched on his face.

“You honestly think I didn’t expect this?” Flicktail smirked as.

“What did you do to my soldiers” Iron Clad growled.

Flicktail just laughed as his guards began to attack the group, Metal and Silver retaliated and clashed swords with the attackers, Iron Clad quickly whisked Twilight and Trixie where he could easily protect them and blocked a blow from a sword aimed at Trixie, the sounds of metal rang through the building as the soldiers were forced back against one of the walls surrounding the two mares in a protective circle.

“Now…you will die” Flicktail laughed as he stomped his hoof.

The guards began to advance but stopped as two of them fell to the ground spears imbedded in them, the rest turned surprised as Shadow and Razor charged in with Applejack killing another guard.

“What! Impossible!” Flicktail began to panic as his guards were forced back against the other wall; only two remained who were quickly dealt with. Iron Clad looked at their bodies and sighed.

“Fools…Now Flicktail…do you surrender or shall I just end your miserable life?”

Flicktail growled at him and threw his glass at him, Iron Clad deflected it with his wing as Flicktail jumped through his window with a crash and fell onto some crates before galloping off down the road.

“Damn, after him!”

Iron Clad lept from the window flying after him being followed by Metal as the others ran down the stairs into the streets to give chase, they came across Dash Pinkie and several of the royal guard and a carriage and quickly explained the situation and broke off into squads to hunt Flicktail, Silver and Shadow along with two other royal guards were sent to guard the train station along with Applejack and Pinkie Pie, Dash Metal and two other pegasi took to the skies to look for him.

Iron Clad went with Trixie and Twilight along the road that led to the observation point of the city where chariots usually land to bring visitors to and from the city. The soldiers had their orders, Flicktail was now give the crime of attempted murder of civilians and members of the military, he had one chance to surrender or he was to be executed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flicktail galloped as fast as he could down the alleys of Canterlot cursing Iron Clad as he went, he stopped to take a breather as he nursed the gash he had gotten from jumping out the window. Looking around he came across a pay phone and picked it up before dialling a number and waited.

“It’s Flicktail…there’s been a situation sir….yes….I need transportation to Manehattan….understood…thank you sir…I’ll meet them at the observation deck…”

He placed the phone back before heading off to the observation deck keeping to the shadows, it will be a while before the chariot arrived and by then it would be day time meaning it would be harder for him to escape. He wasn’t going to prison that’s for sure, he needed to hang around the deck in order to be able to get aboard it quickly before the guard could stop him, he certainly didn’t want to be interrogated. He had heard tales of the royal interrogator who was called Dream Eater, he was said to have the power to enter a ponies’ mind and torture them.

He shuddered at the thought of his mind being invaded like that as he turned a corner he quickly ducked back in as two guards went by holding his breath. As they disappeared from view he shot out down the alleyways heading towards the deck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron Clad Twilight and Trixie arrived at the deck and scanned the area, Iron pointed to an alleyway nearby they could hide in and wait for Flicktail to show up.

“What makes you think he’ll come here?”

“Because Miss Sparkle it’s the only logical place he can go if he hasn’t already been found by the guards, the train station will not only be guarded by both ends but he doesn’t control the schedule. My guess is that if he is undetected he will contact someone to arrive here and help him escape.

“That makes sense” Twilight nodded as they hid

They waited for what seemed forever before they saw movement, Iron Clad motioned them to keep quiet as he watched the figure emerge from the shadows, it was indeed Flicktail and he hadn’t noticed them. Flicktail darted his eyes around before heading to the deck to try and find a hiding spot to wait in before Iron Clad softly moved out from cover followed by the two and approached him.

“It’s no use Flicktail; you’ve nowhere to run to so just surrender”

Flicktail spun around instantly and growled being surrounded by the three ponies and backed up slightly.

“I am NOT going to prison and I am NOT having Dream Eater interrogate me!” he roared out

“You shall not pass!” Iron Clad roared back as he raised his sword up pointing it at Flicktail “Give up!”

“NEVER”

Flicktail roared as Iron Clad charged him only at the last second see a large crate fly towards him and collide hard into him sending the soldier hurtling into the floor. He slowly stood up spitting blood from his mouth, Iron Clad went for his sword ducking another crate as he made his way to Flicktail who began to throw anything he could find in a blind panic backing up more and more to the edge, Iron Clad brought his sword down and it collided with a metal bar Flicktail had pulled from a crate. The two remained locked for a moment as Iron pushed his weight down onto the unicorn with all his might, Flicktail, fearing he was about to break grunted and shut his eyes as his horn glowed brightly making Twilight and Trixie close their eyes.

A loud explosion echoed in the streets as the two opened their eyes to see a panting Flicktail shakily standing but Iron Clad was nowhere to be seen, Twilight saw a line ash that ended at a nearby building where Iron Clad’s body lay smouldering.

“IRON CLAD!” Twilight cried she began to run over to the pegasi.

A beam of magic shot past her brining her to a halt as she turned to see Flicktail laughing, Twilight slowly charged her horn tears in her eyes.

“YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME?! I JUST KILLED A BUCKING SOLDIER YOU LITTLE BITCH!”

“You’re a monster!”

Flicktail just laughed manically as he began to charge his magic again, Twilight ran to Trixie who was frozen to the spot terrified.

“Trixie I need your help!”

“T-Twilight I-I can’t he’s t-t strong”

“I can’t do it alone Trixie, we can do it”

“B-but how”

“We need to combine our magic, only then can we beat him!”

Trixie sniffed as she looked to Twilight fearfully.

“I gave you the benefit of the doubt Trixie….please…help me”

Trixie nodded slowly and they began to charge their magic, Flicktail just laughed louder as he braced himself.

“YOU’RE BOTH GOING TO DIE!”

He shot his magic from his horn at the same time as Trixie and Twilight did the beams locking in the air, a loud crack like a thunderstorm echoed around the town as the beams fought each other for supremacy, Flicktail’s began to push theirs back as he laughed louder and louder. Twilight heard Trixie whimper.

“We can do it Trixie!”

“I-I can’t!”

“Yes you can! Don’t be afraid!”

Trixie clenched her eyes tight as her horn glowed brighter and the combined beams began to push back Flicktail’s who began to visible panic his legs buckling from the strain of the spell.

“I-IMPOSSIBLE”

He roared out as his concentration broke and his magic failed as Twilight’s and Trixie’s beams slammed into him throwing him off the edge with a howl. Twilight and Trixie let out a sigh of relief however, it was short lived as a beam shot up and grabbed Twilight dragging her over the edge.

“TWILIGHT” Trixie screamed as she ran to the edge looking over.

Twilight desperately clung to the side of the deck Flicktail holding onto her back legs with his magic laughing manically as he dangled there.

“IF I DIE THE BITCH DIES WITH ME”

“Trixie I-I can’t hold on!” Twilight cried as she started to lose her grip

“I-I’ll get help j-just hold on” Trixie looked around franticly as Twilight screamed, Trixie looked down seeing Flicktail started to ‘climb’ up using his magic pulling harder on Twilight, Twilight’s left hoof slipped and she screamed again holding on to the side with her other hoof for dear life.

“TRIXIE” she screamed looking up tears in her eyes.

Trixie clenched her eyes tightly as her horn glowed and then sparked out.

‘Come on Trixie COME ON!’

Trixie groaned as she focused her magic her horn glowing brightly, she pointed it down as it shot a blue beam out that severed the line between Twilight and Flicktail; Flicktail let out a ear piercing scream as he fell from the side of the deck and down towards the forest at the base of the mountain flailing his limbs, his screams of distress died down as he disappeared from view. Trixie then pointed her horn at Twilight and levitated her up and onto the deck before collapsing and panting from exhaustion. Twilight pulled her into a tight hug sobbing softly.

“Thank you Trixie…”

“N…no problem Twilight”

Trixie smiled at Twilight before hearing a groan coming from where Iron Clad was, they gasped and ran over to the stallion who stood up shaking his head.

“Urgh…what the hay happened…”

The girls smiled and hugged him tightly causing him to wince in pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ratchet felt something under his leg and slowly opened his eyes slowly glancing down and he saw Dinky curled under his leg resting her head on his chest asleep. He looked to his left seeing Ditzy leaning on the bed asleep as well before looking around the room.

‘A hospital…what happened to me’

He suddenly winced in pain and groaned loudly stirring the two sleeping ponies.

“R-Ratchet?” Ditzy looked up slowly her eyes widening.

“Hey Ditzy…”

Ditzy started to cry again but tears of joy as she hugged him.

“RATCHET!” Dinky shouted cuddling his neck smiling wide as Ratchet chuckled softly.

“Hey Dinky…”

The door to the room burst open and the girls ran in all gasping before cheering and gathering around him chatting away.
“You had us worried there man” Dash said giving him a playful punch to the arm to which he winced at.

“I’m glad you’re ok Ratchet…” Fluttershy said quietly

“THIS MEANS WE NEED TO THROW YOU A PARTY!” Pinkie shouted bouncing in place as the others laughed. Ratchet smiled and turned to Ditzy stroking her mane looking up to the girls

“What happened to me…?”

Twilight looked to the girls before she began to explain what had transpired over the past few days, Ratchet listened nodding his head every now and again, He had been in a coma of sorts for the past few days and learnt Ditzy had never left his side. Twilight mentioned Trixie and turned to the door where Trixie stood her ears flat looking ashamed at him, Ratchet beckoned her over.

“Ratchet I’m s-so sorry I didn’t know what they-“

“It’s ok Trixie, I forgive you” Ratchet cut her off smiling as she smiled back

“Thank you…”she whispered

He smiled softly but his smiled slowly faded as he turned back to Twilight.

“What happened to APAU…?”

The girls looked at each other sad as Twilight levitated a half broken and singed metal box on the bed.

“I’m sorry…”

APAU’s hand slowly came out and waved gently before falling over and struggling to keep up, Ratchet pressed his standby button sending the arm back into the box.

“I’ll repair him once I get back home”

The girls looked at each other again.

“Sugarcube, your house burnt down remember” Applejack said softly.

“Oh yeah…”

Ratchet frowned as Ditzy nuzzled his cheek.

“I want you to move in with me and Dinky…”

“Ditzy…”

“Please Ratchet” she looked at him and smiled sweetly as her eyes watered up again “We nearly lost you and…I want you to be with me…I love you Ratchet”

“I love you too Ditzy…”

They stared each other for a moment before Dinky tried to push their heads together.

“Now kiss” she commanded sending the room into laughter.

Ditzy and Ratchet didn’t need to be told twice and quickly locked lips kissing each other smiling as she wrapped her hooves around his neck hugging him.

‘Well…this certainly was an interesting beginning….but I’m glad it’s got a happy ending’ Ratchet thought to himself as he kissed Ditzy again who happily returned it.

Author's Note:

And that’s ‘A New Beginning’ finished, I hope you have enjoyed reading this and thank you to the people who read liked and added it to their favourites and what not.

Comments ( 13 )

...I'm disappointed Rachet never got a badass moment, but all's well that ends well. you do realize that just about every bad guy who falls to their death ALWAYS come back.

1850086
Don't worry, it's not the last time you'll see Ratchet, theres going to be a sequal to this. I've left a couple of hints about whos going to be in it as well as where it will take place :pinkiehappy: Hope you've enjoyed this anyway :twilightsmile:

Sequel? Marriage and a new foal... Dinky's little sibling :derpyderp2:

1850112
Maybe, Maybe not who knows? :trollestia:

hahaha :D it was really fun :pinkiehappy:

1926196
Welcome back online :pinkiehappy: I hope you enjoy the rest of the story, I'm currently working on my latest one called 'Lost' :twilightsmile:

hell yeah

Grammatical Errors be damned! This story was fucking awsome!

Is there/are there plans for a sequel?

Need sequel. nuff said

Login or register to comment