• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 1,325 Views, 86 Comments

Caring for the sisters - the-pieman



The life of a royal guard having to deal with caring for two fillies, and having quite a hard time.

  • ...
3
 86
 1,325

Chapter 2

Well, It’s my week off. Yeah, I do care for the royal fillies, but only every other week. They have someone else do it when I’m not, or unable to do so. I hardly know ‘em though, seeing as they’re only around when I’m not. I don’t even know who they are or if they’re a mare or stallion! I’ve never bothered to ask the fillies because it never really seemed to matter, and they don’t talk about them. I guess they aren’t a guard because if we both get called away on a matter of Canterlot’s protection, the fillies will be left all alone and that’s just asking for trouble. I guess it shouldn’t matter if I know who they are, but I’ve grown attached to the girls and I don’t want anything bad happening to them... oh what am I saying? If the pony was hired to look after the sisters, of COURSE they’re trustworthy. I didn’t exactly APPLY for the job, I was just told I was the best candidate due to my spotless record as a guard and my willingness to put anypony else’s safety before my own no matter the situation or the consequence. And since I’d be getting paid to be a guard AND guardian, I’d get a pretty good amount of income, so I took the job. I just forgot that a royal caretaker does more than protect, he has to serve and... take care of them.

Not that this job isn’t worth it, sometimes I forget that I get money to do this and I feel like I’m getting rewarded when I get to see little Luna and Celestia smile and laugh. I swear, you could be the most stone hearted, cruel, selfish pony ever and yet those girls could melt your heart in seconds. But it’s my job to make sure that nopony like that or worse gets within 100 meters of the royal sisters, and I’ve got the military experience to back that up... maybe THAT’S why they hired a guard.

Aw, thinking about the fillies makes me want to see them, but it IS my day off from work, so unless I get a call about the platoon needing backup, I’ve got the week to myself and my bi-weekly 80-bit salary. The problem is, I don’t know what to do...


A/N: This is it mares and gentlecolts! With an entire week off and 80 bits to spend, YOU get to decide what Cloud Dasher does with his time. Please note that I’m only going to pick TWO suggestions, and only ONE suggestion per person.

Also, I already have plans for the other employee/caretaker so any suggestions involving them will NOT be accepted.


It seems that I've only gotten a few suggestions. I KNOW you are reading this, so SUGGEST something. Remember everypony, no suggestions = no more chapters!!!