• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 2,336 Views, 125 Comments

Fiends of Manehatten - Skrive Flip



Everything is Well For Cheerilee untill she is called upon a task to defend the Ponies of Manehatten

  • ...
11
 125
 2,336

Morning routine

Manehatten Appartment


As Cheerilee woke up, the far reaching and once enticing scent of haybacon got caught in her once again sensitive nostrils. Groaning and shaking slightly in her stance, the vampire teacher rolled off of the bed, leaving behind a ruffled up sheet. Cheerilee didn’t feel completely rested. It had felt more like she had been taking a nap than a real night sleep. It was annoying, but a nap was still better than no sleep. While Cheerilee didn’t truly need sleep, it would still make her very grumpy if she didn’t get it. Also it conserved on her blood supply if she slept, as her undead body did not need to consume as much when idle.

Still, with that amount of blood she had seen in the fridge yesterday, she might not have to worry about it, Cheerilee liked sleep. It was comforting. It was normal.

Following the old familiar scent of haybacon, she made her way out of her bedroom, seeing the large combined living room and kitchen of the safehouse, with Pen standing behind the cooking stove. The unicorn was not wearing his fedora nor his shirt, but an apron and his mane combed back just so that nothing got in the food. He had just finished cooking the haybacon, and removed it from the frying pan, only to almost immediately pour some strange mix of eggs, milk, pepper and salt onto the pan. It was rather lucky for the unicorns who had enough focus to be able to use both their magic and their limbs at the same time. Cheerilee knew unicorns who, once they had learned magic, they almost completely lost their ability to handle everyday life. They kept questioning how earth ponies could go through life with only their teeth and their hooves and so on.

Closing the door behind herself, Cheerilee sat down at the table. She noticed Pen perk up and smile at her.

“Morning Cheerilee… Slept well?” he asked, letting the cooking simmer. The teacher groaned and leaned her head on the kitchen table, giving Pen enough information.

“That bad huh?” he asked, scratching the back of his head a moment, thinking of some way to apologize for what he perceived as his horrible housing, but the teacher was faster.

“It was my own fault… I used way too much time thinking… And I just need to get used to… Such a soft bed and with… space…” she commented, trying to give him a feasible excuse that did not involve him. He hadn’t done anything wrong, she had just been too worried. Cheerilee looked up at the coltish writer pony and noticed he had a small white bandage on his cheek, covering up the blue bruise she had given him the day before which was still haunting her.
He didn’t seem affected by it at all, though.

The writer unicorn gave a small nod, quickly checking on his cooking, before looking back up at Cheerilee as she continued.

“I just want to capture this Fiend and be home in my own bed… in my own apartment, and with my own privacy…” She grumbled slightly, not thinking much of the fact that she was in somepony else´s house.

‘Sweet Celestia I am out of training…’ she thought with a small frown, thinking she might have said something wrong to Pen again.

“If it would make you feel better, I can share with you everything I know in all those papers you saw yesterday. You might be able to make more sense of it than I can…” Pen mused a bit as he turned away from his cooking, opening a cupboard and bringing out some bread.

Cheerilee shrugged a moment.

“Maybe… I guess I could try…” she said, sending a small look over at what the unicorn was cooking. Pen gave a solemn nod before gesturing to the pan.

“Would you keep an eye on that for a moment then?” he asked before walking across the living room and into his own room.

Cheerilee complied to his request, but she didn’t really need to, seeing as Pen was out of his room with the huge file of papers floating in front of him within the minute. The unicorn levitated the pile of papers over to the kitchen table, spreading out the papers into different piles and in a very orderly fashion placed the piles in a sort of pattern. Cheerilee observed his efficient movement of papers with interest, though she was much more interested in what was written on them.

Pen urged Cheerilee to come over, the teacher complying to get a much better view of what Pen had made upon the table. Everything was separated into different case papers. One pile for each victim. And each victim pile had a paper with the details of their disappearance. And every single pile was placed in some sort of large circle with a single piece of paper in the middle.

Except for Emerald´s file.

That pile was laying outside the circle, and Cheerilee could almost sense the infuriating effect it had upon the unicorn. That one pile of papers outside of his perfect system. One little pebble to ruin it all.

Pen took a deep breath a moment before placing a hoof on the table, next to one of the piles first.

“See Cheerilee, this is the collection of all the victims, where they disappeared, when they disappeared, and witness accounts.” Cheerilee could already hear how his voice felt slightly more firm, with a bit more confidence, which made Cheerilee inwardly smile. She looked down at the papers and scanned them for a bit.

“The disappearances started about half a year ago, when this unicorn,” he placed a hoof on top of the specific file. There was a picture of a blue-coated stallion with yellow eyes and a flowing white mane. “Disappeared without a trace… His name is Clear Brush. He was a freelance artist, very critically acclaimed and was on his way to receive an award for most original painting in the Manehatten area…. As you can assume, he never arrived…” Pen said in a serious voice and moved his hoof on to the next file bundle.

This time it was a mare, unicorn, orange coat with a puffy green mane and a more statuesque look in her eyes.

“Second disappearance was about two months later, when this mare, ‘Sweet Gold.’ Owner of the Manehatten city bank. She had earned a great amount of money both on the recession, and on fixing the recession by being clever and manipulating the bits. She was on her way to a celebratory party in her honor of not letting the City fall into disrepair… Again, she never arrived…” he said before placing his hoof on to the next pile.

Another blue-coated unicorn, though this was a mare, with a curly white and purple striped mane, she clearly had a hard time not smiling on her photo, and had quite a playful look in her sapphire green eyes.

“Third disappearance, only two weeks later… Sunset Spring, meteorologist for Equestria Round News. She was the local correspondant between the Manehattenite Weather patrol and the news stations. Very bubbly and quite a blast at parties, just don’t let her get near the cider…” he stopped a moment as he noticed Cheerilee looking at him with a quizzical look. “I got invited to a party where she was there once… She ended up making a dress out of lampshades and woke with a cider mug balanced on top of her head.” he added the last comment with a small reverential giggle. “One of the few parties I enjoyed, that one.” he just mused before quickly moving on.

“She was supposed to arrange a party for the yearly ‘Weather team´s social’, where she had promised quite the blast publically... She even stole newspaper space to announce it. Don’t ask me how she was able to sneak in an article... Nopony honestly has any idea.” he quickly shook a hoof as to dismiss the issue that seemingly nopony had the answer to.

“Anyhoof, as you can most likely imagine, She never got to arrange said party, her co-planner claims she just left her for two minutes to blow up some balloons, and when she came back, Sunset was gone.” he once again got his solemn tone in place and moved his hoof a fourth time. However this time, it was somepony whose name Cheerilee recognized.
‘Money Bags’
.He was a gray coated Unicorn with white curly hair which usually was associated with an old pony, but he didn’t look THAT old. He was in no way like Principle Hoofton from back in Coltenhagen. He just had the old colours, but not the real age to follow it. As Cheerilee Squinted her eyes a moment she wondered what Emerald saw in him. He actually looked slightly boring.

“Fourth disappearance, Money Bags, Manehattenite stockbroker, though he was mostly known for his charity events, and generous nature towards those less fortunate. He was supposed to go on to a charity with his wife, and his wife was the main performer for the event, which brings us directly to-”

“Emerald...” Cheerilee said ahead of her coltish partner. Both the agents´s eyes shifted over to the file which was lying outside the system, just poking out like a dragon in a foal nursery. Emerald’s beautifully streaked blonde mane and dark green coat was just standing in stark contrast to the background on the image in her file. She had such a sweet smile on the image, and didn’t seem like she had any worry in her world. It stung. Seeing her so happy compared to what Cheerilee had seen of her before.

Pen frowned a moment, seeming like he almost could see the thoughts running through Cheerilee´s mind. He apprehensively placed a hoof on Cheerilee´s shoulder and smiled slightly.

“We´ll find her at some point...” he said before continuing, “Anyhow, she disappeared at exactly the same time as her husband, same place, same circumstances.” he calmly stated before looking a bit more firm and serious again.

“Now... Cheerilee, I need your help here. I want you to De-Or-Confirm something for me here.” he said before slowly gesturing a hoof broadly over the table. “What do you see these ponies have in common?”

Cheerilee sat back on her haunches a moment, her attentive eyes scanning over every single case file again, thinking of all the details she had gotten, and all the ideas she had. The cogs were turning in her head, trying to piece together a feasible thesis.

“Hmmm they all had some kind of popular position... a Bank owner, a Broker, a Singer, an Artist, a Meteorologist.” she mused, just thinking aloud as she looked over the pictures of the different ponies. And then she looked at the shape that Pen had laid them out in. She began wondering again why he had laid them out like that. Her eyes scanned over the manes and coats and horns and-

And then it dinged.

Pen quickly jumped up, “Oh, the eggtimer!” he said as he ran for his cooking again, which was thankfully only slightly burnt around the edges. The coltish writer skittishly picked the pan from the stove with his magic, his horn lighting up the room even further, which just filled together with Cheerilee´s mind even further.

“Pen... All these victims apart from Emerald, are unicorns, they were kidnapped when they were alone with no evidence behind them. But Emerald Song is an earth pony, and she was kidnapped along with her husband, Money Bags, who was a unicorn.” Cheerilee stated loudly, and turned to see Pen´s reaction to her thesis. The coltish writer was standing and quickly lifting up his eggmix onto a piece of bread with some butter and prepared his brunch. He however lifted his head and nodded at Cheerilee.

“That was what I thought, which was why I placed Emerald outside of the system, at the first three kidnappings, I thought perhaps it was some kind of... Magic draining creature, or somepony who had some kind of personal vendetta against unicorns.” he said, before floating his food onto a plate with his magic, and then quickly also got out a knife and fork, along with some salt as he walked to the table, quickly placing them down and sat down on the chair besides Cheerilee, placing a hoof over Emerald´s file.

“But as Emerald and Money Bags disappeared, My thesis broke down... Emerald was an earth pony, and not only that, she was someone whom Money Bags knew.” he stated as he levitated his kitchen utensils and began cutting a bit at his food while talking. “Then I thought that perhaps she was just unlucky to be at the same place as Money Bags, but then I remembered Sunset Spring had also been in the company of another pony, but she was completely fine...” he said as he finally groaned and rubbed one side of his head a moment.

“It just isn’t making sense to me!” he declared in frustration before sighing in defeat and taking a piece of his food.

Cheerilee looked back at the files a bit, rubbing her chin again, a sudden thought striking her again.

“Pen, remember what Emerald said? That she was never safe and ‘just when you think its gone, it catches you again’?” she questioned, turning to face Pen again, who actually stopped his fork just an inch short of his muzzle as he heard Cheerilee´s words.

“‘Before it catches you again’...” he repeated, the wheels in his head turning and almost as a realization, he turned to Cheerilee. “Do you think he might be playing with her? Like some sort of strange cat and mouse game just with her? She after all was the only one who escaped...” he theorized, which made Cheerilee give a small nod of her head.

“Its a possibility... Perhaps she was lucky to escape as he was feeding on her.” She added to the thesis as the two ponies were trying their best to understand their enemy.

“In the end though, We won’t know until we either find Emerald or the Fiend in question... We are still not sure what he looks like. Though I have a nagging feeling I might have met one of his lackeys...” Cheerilee said as she decided to instead sit on a chair, compared to her haunches. Pen looked over at her, a fork sticking out of his muzzle.

“You have?... What did he look like?” he asked curiously as he levitated the fork out of his mouth.

“He was white and had a red mane. Though I never got a look at his cutie mark, He did looked almost as brittle as you...” Cheerilee quickly looked apologetically at Pen. “No offence...”

“None taken.” he quickly added, but mused over this information. “I think I could ask around a bit for a pony fitting that description... I have a few connections.” he mused, before just letting his kitchen utensils float down to his table before he almost jumped out of his chair.

“Well! We aren’t progressing by simply sitting here and talking about it! We got Featherband to interrogate, and he is our best bet for now!”

Cheerilee raised an eyebrow at the enthusiasm, but she appreciated it, and gave a small smile.

“How about your papers and your dinner?” She asked, almost accusatory, however it was actually a question of curiosity. Pen just shook his head a moment.

“I´ll eat later, and the papers ain’t going anywhere, the penthouse apartments are well known for good privacy.” he declared before opening the door. “Lets go, Countess De La Cheer, your humble assistant is very eager to get on with the agenda!” he said, once again enthusiastically, if however jokingly.

Cheerilee gave a small chuckle before following along on the joke and raised her head.

“Let the Countess prepare herself first!”

Cheerilee hadn’t had the time to actually spruce up and or get her morning shower, so it took a little longer than Pen had originally anticipated, but they got out of the safehouse and locked it tightly behind them, heading for the guard station via Carriage.



Unknown Location within Manehatten.



“Interesting predicament... Interesting indeed.”

The Fiend was lying down on its back in the shadows of its hideaway, pondering on the information that had come from little Emerald Song.

“This will demand my immediate attention...” It sighed, placing a hoof across its forehead, but below its horn. “Just when you think your schedule is set, you´ll have to change it...” he sighed dramatically, as the sound of the rattling of chains made it perk up its ears and smirk slightly.

“Oh well... Might as well pack a bit more into the day’s schedule...” it purred before disappearing back into the shadows.




Manehatten Guard Station



“I swear you have caught the wrong pony! I didn’t Do anything!!”

The exasperated look upon the superior guardspony was enough to tell that this had been just about the same song that he had jammered about the whole time they had interrogated Doctor Featherband. He was holding a steaming cup of coffee in his hoof as he just stood by the one-way glass which formed the outside of the interrogation room.

Both Cheerilee and Pen saw the exasperation of the senior guardspony. Pen was the first to clear his throat.

“I dread to ask, but have you gotten anything out of him?” the coltish writer asked perhaps a bit timidly, as if fearing an outburst by the guardspony. The outburst didn’t come however. He just turned his tired face and shook his head.

“Nothing valuable whatsoever… It´s hard to make him squeal when he is convinced that no one can prove he did anything wrong.” The senior explained, rubbing one hoof against his temple before taking a sip of his coffee. Cheerilee´s focus was more into the interrogation room itself.

“Would you give me a go?” she asked, having had a not too shabby morning, so she had patience enough not to demand. The senior guardspony raised an eyebrow before looking at Pen again.

“Who is she specifically?” he asked, though not in a respectless manner. It was just for his own clarification.

“She is an Agent sent by Princess Luna herself… So she exceeds my authority.” Pen simply stated, which in turn caused the guardspony to nod and turn his head to Cheerilee.

“You don’t need to ask miss… This is your area after all. Just… Don’t be too rough.” He tried to reason with the agent. He had experienced more than one interrogation that had gone down a very unpleasant drain, and he didn’t want the same to happen again.

Cheerilee nodded in return.

“I promise…” She said before she walked ahead into the interrogation room.

The room was metallic, dull and efficient, only really containing the Mirror/looking glass, a table, and a pair of chairs. Nothing more was needed for the effects of the room and everything was recorded from the outside. As Cheerilee came inside, the yellow coated doctor Featherband tensed, immediately recognizing his attacker from the earlier day.

“W-w-What are you doing here!!?!?!” he asked, instantly very nervous about his disposition. Cheerilee sat herself down on the chair opposite to Featherband, putting her forehooves together on the table and looked over at the doctor with a serious look.

“I’m here to ask you a few questions… we barely got to talk last time I saw you…” she said, her face and voice sounding more like she was speaking to an old friend than a suspect, though that demeanor quickly changed as she got on with her first question. “Who did you give Emerald over to?”

The doctor visibly tensed even further, almost reflexively reaching a hoof up to his own neck.

“W-W-what are you talking about? Emerald escaped me in her crazed panic-“ he tried to reason with his own fake argument to save his flank, sadly it did not cover him from Cheerilee. The vampony teacher asserted her voice and sank her hooves slightly more onto the table.

“You know, I was the one who followed you yesterday... You can’t deny it here... I am all the proof an Equestrian court needs to put you in the spotlight... That would not be very pleasant would it now?” she asked, first her voice just sounding like that teacher that was giving a bad child a few more straws, before the dreaded detention might be used.

Featherband tried to look confident, but he wasn’t... No way. There was sweat seeping into his fur and some was running down his forehead as he had one of the worst poker faces Cheerilee could imagine.

“B-B-But an Equestrian judge can’t convict anyone of something they haven’t commit-”

“Did I fail to mention that if you don’t spit it out now, I am authorized to rip that foreleg back into place with much needed violence?” she asked with a perhaps slightly cruel smile, but it was needed now. She needed to be harsh and consider this pony a possible enemy of equestria. She rose from her chair and very, very slowly walked around the interrogation table, getting closer and closer to Featherband, who tensed even further with each passing millimeter she got closer. He was actively stammering now.

“Y-Y-Y--Y-Y-Y-you can’t do that! Th-This is Equestria-” he barely squeaked out, not very stallionlike, but the question was his pride or his life. He had not been able to get another syllable out before Cheerilee made her way over to Featherband, and roughly grabbed him by his foreleg, and pushed his muzzle roughly into the table, not slamming, but just mashing it into the table. She had moved herself behind him gracefully and now held his right forehoof in a rather stressful position, where just the right amount of force could break the entire leg off, if one was determined enough (or had enough strength), while her body was pressing against the back of the doctor´s chair, as to pin him even further against the table.

“I think you have much bigger problems than geography, Doctor Featherband... Like whether or not you want to continue to have four limbs.” she hissed into the doctor´s ear, not hiding her contempt for him, her hatred for him having some kind of connection with Poor Emerald´s disappearance.

Pain from both his muzzle and the stressed out foreleg was rushing through the doctor´s system and he was staring wide eyed back at Cheerilee with the best of his ability, Frightful tears in his eyes, and immediately squealed.

“P-P-Please stop! I didn’t Know! I swear I didn’t know anything! I don’t know where she is! He just said I had to do it-”

“WHO said it?” Cheerilee growled as she pressed Featherband slightly more against the table, applying even further pressure that had an immediate reaction from the pegasus doctor, which desperately tried to flap his wings, However they had been strapped against his sides as a standard procedure when a pegasus was arrested. Like when under normal arrests, a unicorn would receive a magic suppressor upon their horn.

Featherband tried to reply.

“I’m not lying!” he cried out in desperation. “He attacked me from behind in my office! He said if I didn’t do as he said, He would...” he bit into his lower lip, trying to keep the issue of the blackmail behind, but another sharp pain of his foreleg begin twisted just a smidget a very uncomfortable way, made him scream out in pain again.

“He would what?!” Cheerilee demanded.

“He would reveal my opium flower addiction!” the doctor squealed in what could only be described as a sound of pure shame. He immediately covered up his eyes and face with his other foreleg, just wishing to sink into a tiny hole and completely disappear off of the surface of equestria. He was expecting the worst now.

But nothing of what he had expected happened.

Cheerilee stood behind the pegasus doctor, staring at him with a new look in her eyes, one that was actually slightly sympathetic.

The moment those words had escaped the doctor´s mouth, so many things just seemed to flow through Cheerilee´s mind. She stared at him, Her mind flickering with emotions.

How... Could she not have considered that? she questioned mentally, before gently releasing the doctor´s foreleg, which immediately did the same as the other foreleg, covering up the Doctor´s face of shame and made him curl up even further.

Cheerilee could swear she had also heard a few gasps from outside the interrogation room, but that was most likely just what she expected, interrogation rooms was usually almost soundproof except through speakers and microphones.

“Featherband...” Cheerilee´s voice sounded, now turned into something much more soft. She was back to her softer teacher demeanor.

“Don’t be ashamed... Tell me what happened...” she spoke kindly, actually asking nicely for the information she wanted, rather than demanding.

Featherband didn’t want to answer, he would rather face a pack of timberwolves than answer that question. It was just so... Shaming.

But he had already experienced just a smidgen of what the mare behind him could do, and didn’t want to go through it again. Also... It was out in the open now. At least five other ponies would have heard it beyond the walls of this interrogation room. Nothing more to do.

He sniffled, and tried to stallion up, but he did not stop hiding his face, and his voice was crooked and weak.

“I was just walking into my office, after hoofling a patient from my department... I had the family on my flank who constantly wanted to know if she was going to be fine... I shooed them off and locked myself in my office as my migraines returned.” Featherband sniffled a moment again, rubbing and wiping his muzzle. “I have had head-splitting migraines for almost three years now, and it almost cost me my job once... B-B-but I found that natural growing opium poppies was great at mending it... I could even get through an entire shift without being grumpy.” he said with a small bit of hope before exhaling a deep sigh.

“And then yesterday... My flowers were gone... I usually keep them locked up, but just yesterday somepony, somehow got their hooves on it. I thought I was done for! That I was going to be found out, that I would loose my job, my friends and-”

“And then He came?” Cheerilee questioned, her voice asked softly, as she had actually sat herself down upon her haunches right besides the borderline crying doctor.

Featherband simply gave a small nod.

“Yes... He... I never saw him... I just heard his voice... He said if I didn’t do as he asked of me, he would reveal me as an addict...” the poor pegasus bit his lower lip nervously. “I had to do it... And then when I agreed He grabbed me and stabbed some kind of... Really good stuff into my neck, I mean really good and I have tri-”

“Wait, He injected something in your neck?” Cheerilee´s attention suddenly perked to its fullest again and firmness. Featherband finally removed the hooves covering his eyes and looked at Cheerilee before giving a small nod.

“Yes, He´d have to... I just know I felt some kind of pricking painful feeling on my neck, and all of a sudden I was in complete ecstasy.” Featherband said with a small shrug.

Cheerilee stared upon Featherband, for a moment running the new facts through her mind, before she reached up a hoof gently to his shoulder a moment.

“Featherband, may I see your neck a moment?” she asked, the doctor visibly flinching back a moment as Cheerilee made her request, but the teacher followed up with, “I promise, I won’t hurt you... You have my word...” she said softly, yet sincerely.

Featherband stared upon her for a few moments before finally giving in. It wasn’t like he had any choice anyhow, so he tilted his head aside to allow Cheerilee to see the entirety of his throat that had been attacked by that strange stallion.

Cheerilee peered closer, her hoof gently stroking over the supposed area of injection but she found nothing. As smooth skin beneath the fur just like any other place on the body she could see. It was as if nothing had happened. But a wound of injection would be visible, even a faint needle mark...

A thought struck Cheerilee. While part of her said it was illogical due to the lack of entry wound, despite the doctor´s account, she still wanted to be sure.

She looked up at Featherband again. “Say Featherband; what happened afterwards, after the high you felt?”

The pegasus doctor raised a small eyebrow at her question. “Well, I was given the command to bring Emerald down to the cellar, and then He disappeared-”

“How did you feel directly afterwards? Did you feel dizzy, did you faint?” She inquired for further details. Featherband brought a hoof to his muzzle a moment.

“Well, I did feel very dizzy, and I actually passed out for about an hour... I was awoken by one of the nurses who knocked on the door to my office... I really still felt dizzy afterwards however.” he gave a solemn nod as to confirm whatever Cheerilee were thinking of.

The vampire teacher gave a small bob of her head, taking her time to think over this new information before she rose back up to her hooves again.

“Thanks Featherband... For your cooperation.” she said calmly and headed for the door, leaving behind a dumbfounded doctor.

“Wait, just like that?” he asked, rather surprised. “You´re not going to... twist my limbs further, or something equally malicious?” He asked curiously, making Cheerilee stop at the door. She looked back at Featherband and smiled softly.

“Featherband... I am not a torturer... I am a teacher...” She just said before leaving the room, Just allowing doctor Featherband´s jaw drop to the floor, practically slamming through it and the first two layers of bedrock.

‘A teacher... Dear Celestia, I wouldn't want to hand in an assignment late to her class...’

Outside the interrogation room, Pen and the senior guardpony were still standing there, along with several others who were there for the security. Pen was relatively quick to get up to Cheerilee.

“Are you thinking what I am thinking?” he asked almost eagerly, but he kept the serious tone, knowing the situation. Cheerilee gave a small nod before reaching up a hoof to move some of her mane out of the way as it had gotten itself free after her rough handling of Featherband.

“He was attacked by the same Fiend that attacked Emerald, and drained of a bit of blood... I would bet my teaching degree, that if you were to check his blood supply, you would find him lacking of a significant amount...” she stated seriously, before sending a small look over at the one way looking glass, seeing Featherband still sitting inside his little room.

Pen quickly nodded and levitated up his little notebook, flipping through the pages quickly.

“That certainly would fit some of the notes...” he said, not elaborating further as there were other guards in the room, though the Senior guardpony raised an eyebrow, he knew not to mess with agency business. He had seen some messed up things in his life. He simply gave a small clearing of his throat.

“We will take him over from here... We will make sure he will get to a rehabilitation centre, and get him off of his addiction... It will certainly also ease up his sentence if he was truly under the influence of blackmail...” he stated calmly before giving a bow of his head and leaving the two ponies alone to their notes.

Cheerilee and Pen headed out of the interrogation room to get their space and privacy that the agency needed, before Pen continued up on his previous line.

“If this Fiend can attack ponies, drain their blood and not turn them into vampires, then it might be the same one who attacked Featherband... Most likely the reason the wounds persisted on Emerald could be because of her escape... Perhaps she knocked him off, screaming?” the coltish writer theorized, as they walked towards the exit of the guards sation. Cheerilee nodded in agreement with her younger partner.

“That would seem like quite a feasible option, though it leaves us at a predicament. We still don’t know where the Fiend himself is or where he will strike next,” she stated sullenly. Pen could only agree, but he didn’t really want to, as it placed them right back at square one.

Cheerilee raised her head slightly and looked out onto the streets of Manehatten, the sun hanging high and annoying her sensitive eyes, yet the determination within her was much greater.

“Pen, Let us Split up, You try and search your sources, and I shall try my luck on the streets. We will meet back at the safehouse at ten, if I am still not home by next morning, feel free to contact the Princess.”

The Coltish writer thought about the plan a moment before he nodded in agreement and smiled, liking that he now had most situations mentally covered.

“You got it.”

And with that, they did.

Author's Note:

Hello Everyone, Thank you SO Much for being so Patient with me T_T
My Life have not really been running the way I´d want it to go, but It seems the Universe has something against... Well... Creativity and health.
I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, and will stick with me, For the next chapter WILL be sooner, I promise :)

Anyhow, In case you dont already know, Totallynotabrony have helped me a huge deal as the prereader, and allowing me to play with his world and ideas. So go and read his stuff! Now!