• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 6,575 Views, 156 Comments

The Pink Haired Woman - Seran



A man finds a strange looking woman with a Butterfly tattoo and takes her in. her origin is unknown.

  • ...
23
 156
 6,575

The Journal

Fluttershy watched the door as John walked out and left her alone in the house for the first time. She grew worried over what was still bizarre and unusual to her. She thought of all the terrible things that could occur, from a maniac breaking into a dragon burning down the house. John told her not to worry about dragons though, saying they weren’t as fierce here as in her world.

After she took a deep breath, she focused on the writing in the journal she had been keeping. ‘I think my writing has gotten better since I started,’ she thought to herself as she re-read the entries from previous days.

_______________________________________

Fourth of Noverance 1003 era 3

John had told me to write in this notebook he gave me a few days ago to keep myself entertained. He said I can write down any thought I have without getting judged. I like that. I have been scared recently with all the people surrounding our house. John was always good at keeping me protected. I didn’t know why they wanted me, until John turned on the television and I heard that I was an important visitor. And that movie I saw about Equestria made people want to see me even more. I’m scared. But John has always been here to help. He is a good man. I just wish he wasn’t grumpy all the time.

I also learned they say “people” here. I feel strange saying it, But I got used to it.

Fifth of Noverance 1003 era 3

I saw on the television that the show My Little Pony was based on Equestria. The writer went there years back. She said she was one of the last people to leave before the portal was placed under protection. The group that closed down the portal were a bunch of meanies. They even told the princess to guard it and move the stone so nopony would enter. I found it weird that I found it on a walk. I miss my friends.
Sixth of Noverance 1003 era 3

It is the Twenty fourth of September according to the television. They were talking about the bad man on television. I think they said his name was Oswald. The local government was very mad with him. They labeled him a traitor and a terrorist. I was upset by what he did as well, but I wouldn’t name him those horrid things. John turned off the television as he told me this was not something I should be watching. I asked him what was going to happen to him. He just said he is getting punished for what he did. In Equestria traitors are executed. I would never want that for anyone, no matter how much they hurt me. They also talked about a pony named Sea Breeze. She went missing a few years back in Ponyville. They said she was dead and the bad man killed her. I don’t know what to say. She was a good mare. I feel sad that she is gone now, even though I never met her.

On other news my Birth Anniversary is in two days. I don’t know if I should tell John. He has been working hard to get his money. Plus I don’t think they celebrate Birth Anniversaries here. I saw something called a Birthday but I think that was just for small children. I don’t want to bother him with my customs. He may find it weird.

Seventh Of Noverance 1003 era 3

I accidentally left the journal open last night and John read it. I am so embarrassed. However he has been asking what we do on our Birth Anniversary. He then went on to explain everyone has a birthday. Whether they celebrate it or not is personal. I’m happy that I get to have my Birth Anniversary here, but I am a little disappointed in John for reading my personal journal.

John if you’re reading this, remember to get a flower crown and a cloak, those are very important. Also stop reading my journal. I don’t feel like writing when I am being judged.
Eighth of Noverance 1003 era 3

I was visited by my friends in a dream this morning. They held a Birth Anniversary gathering in my dream. We had fun. But it was hard knowing that I won’t see them at home for a while. I feel sad. I hope things go better for me while I’m here.

It is now night and I was surprised to see how John went through a lot of trouble hosting a birthday party for me. I almost cried in joy seeing how many people cared about me. Martha and Daisy were here. John did his best to keep the ceremony as close as how I told him. Although I couldn’t help but notice John was a bit distracted by something. Every time he looked at me I could see his eyes lock on and stare at me and his smile drop. I tried to ask him after the ceremony, but he said he had something on his mind.

Tenth of Noverance 1003 era 3

John got a call from his boss inviting him to his Birthday. John was tired. He said he was up at night thinking. Yesterday we spent the day with the government talking about what happened next. I can’t believe what they said. I am going home on in nine days. I am excited. But John wasn’t too pleased. He told his brother something. Neither of them seemed happy about it.

I know John is hiding from me. Before, he wanted to get rid of me but now something made him sad when he heard I was leaving. I can’t understand why he’s doing it, or what he has going in his head, but I want to help him. He is a good friend. I don’t like seeing my friends sad.
Eleventh of Noverance 1003 era 3

I met a young girl today that John’s brother brought. He says she is his daughter. She was very loud and energetic. Her name was Emily and she loved horses. She didn’t believe me when I told her that I was a pegasus. She loved my hair though. She said she wanted pink hair like mine as well. Her mother didn’t appreciate it.

John had a private conversation with Andrew about the portal. I couldn’t hear much, but I felt they were talking about me. I just wish John would talk about it with me. I’m sure he had his reasons.
Twelfth of Noverance 1003 era 3

John went to see his doctor again. I was sad to see that John was doing those faces again. He was smiling but I saw he had some sadness, just like those movies I saw with him. I knew he was faking his happiness. I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I feel he would just brush it off. I want to talk to him, get to know why he is acting this way.

John, if you are reading this please talk to me. You are scaring me. I really care about you. Is it something I did? Are you hurting? John please talk to me.

_________________________________________

Fluttershy left the book open as she walked over to the couch and turned on the television. As she flipped through the channels, she noticed the news broadcaster talking about several items. They were still talking about the portal in Dewford. Many people were being interviewed over the movement of people to that small town. Many were heading to see if they could pass through. Others went to protest the new border.

All of it was confusing to Fluttershy and scared her. She changed the channels trying to find something calming to watch. Fluttershy started watching cartoons. Her mind went calm as she listened to the childish antics of the characters. She watched for a few more minutes and heard a soft growling come from outside. The growling sounded to get closer and immediately stopped by the garage door. Fluttershy felt scared and hid behind the couch as she heard steps come alongside the wall.

As the steps grew closer to the door, Fluttershy hid behind the couch holding the upholstery tightly. The door swung open and the hand of a familiar man peeked from around a bag of rice.

“Gee, Fluttershy, if you were so scared of being alone I wouldn’t have left you here.” John said as he noticed her cowering behind the couch. Fluttershy was relieved to see him.

John headed into the kitchen and noticed the notebook open on the dining room table. He noticed the words ‘please talk to me’ written in large letters were on the bottom of the page. John turned away, conflicted over her previous conversations.

He looked at her, confused, as she sat back to watch television. As he thought of what to say to her he had one thought in his head. ‘I don’t think she’s ready to know.’

After feeling a rumble in his stomach he began to cut vegetables to keep prepare the stew. His mind was occupied with the food at hand. However, a pin of concern grew into a nail in his head as a conversation arose.

“John?” a soft voice called from the other room. “Do you want me to stay?” She asked.

“What?” John paused as the question stabbed into his head.

“Um, I mean, you started acting strange when you came from the doctor,” she timidly continued. “You don’t look at me with a convincing smile. I feel like you don’t feel right with me leaving, or staying here at the same time.”

John stayed silent as he thought of what to say next. Not even a sigh relieved him of this thoughts.

The room remained silent as both people dug deep into their thoughts. The awkward silence grew thicker between them with only the sounds of the stove and television filling the silence.

“I just don’t want you to turn into Lucia.” He told her hoping both that she could and couldn’t hear her.

Fluttershy stayed quiet for as long as she could after hearing that. “I don’t want to be Lucia after the things people said about her.”

Her words stopped him in his tracks as a wave of fury came over him. He rounded on the poor woman, enraged.

“What did you hear about Lucia? Who talked about her?” John said through grit teeth.

Fluttershy grew scared as the man walked closer to her.

“You will never be Lucia!” John yelled, “You can never be her after what happened!”

John huffed, eying the frightened woman. He grew remorseful over what a monster he had become for that moment of rage. He pulled himself away from the cowering woman. “Fluttershy,” he said, “I... I’m sorry. You just– I just– I mean... I need to think about something.”

“I’m sorry if I brought up something I shouldn’t have.” She replied as she saw him head into the kitchen. John waved his hand at her trying to apologize without words.

As he remembered what the doctor told him, he felt a need to do something he hadn’t done in a long time. He needed to clear the air and explain his reaction to her.

After letting the room settle, John peeked out of the kitchen and softly called to her. “Fluttershy, after dinner I want to explain something.” He said, “Something I feel like I need to explain.”