• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 6,558 Views, 156 Comments

The Pink Haired Woman - Seran



A man finds a strange looking woman with a Butterfly tattoo and takes her in. her origin is unknown.

  • ...
23
 156
 6,558

All Hail the Chief

The morning came as news broke out that the secret service had cleared the area. John, Earl, and Fluttershy were under heavy guard on the way to the hospital. When asked why, the agents explained Andrew was still under critical condition and could not be moved too far. Their answer upset John.

“One hour ‘till arrival,” said the agents over the car radio. The three felt it would be a long hour for them.

The car ride grew more awkward as the men in suits stared at them. Earl looked at the man facing him, often trying to get the courage to ask all the questions he had. Fluttershy held her hair over her face. John, hoping to calm her down, placed his hand on her knee.

“It’s okay, we aren’t in any danger.” He whispered to her.

Fluttershy smiled at him from behind her hair as the convoy came to a slow halt.

The three were escorted into the hospital, away from the crowds of civilians and reporters. Down the hall was a select camera crew with badges labeling them as official members of the press. They were the only ones allowed to set foot into the hospital. The amount of time the cameras focused on Fluttershy was disturbing for the trio. However, they had to remember their training from last night.

_____________________________________

“The press will be demanding,” the Director said, “they will keep looking at you and recording what you say.”

Fluttershy began to whimper as he went on with the scary parts of the training.

“However, you shouldn’t be afraid,” he continued, “there isn’t anything they can do that will hurt you. They are not allowed to touch you for any reason. Plus, there will be government agents surrounding you to prevent any attempts on your safety.”

John looked over to her and noticed the uneasiness looming over her. As she cowered behind the table, John tapped her on the shoulder and looked at her with a smile. “Don’t worry,” he told her, “I’ve been targeted by the press. The most they can do is ask you questions, but you decide whether or not to answer them.

She looked him in the eye and sat up as the director continued to give his statement.

______________________________________

John went in the hospital room, seeing that his brother and two government agents were the only ones in the room. The other bed had been cleared out and replaced with some seats and folding table. The television was playing recordings of Air Force One landing at Buckley Air Force Base and Marine 1 being deployed westbound.

John looked over to Fluttershy, who was frightened by all of this, and tried to come up with a way to get through this well.

______________________________________

“Okay,” the Director said in conclusion. “Any questions?”

Fluttershy began to speak. “Sir, what is a president? Is it like a queen?”

The group turned to her in surprise of her ignorance. Finally, John turned to her and explained, “the president is a person chosen by the people to rule a country. A queen is just born into it or married into it.” Her ignorance seemed childish, however it was something he was used to after the past week.

“Why are we meeting her, again?” she replied with more questions.

“You just brought down a big threat to our national security.” An agent explained. “He is going to reward you for your valor and also get to know the new ambassador to the new world,”

“Who’s that?” Earl asked ignorant of what had just happened.

The Director pointed at the pink-haired woman. As eyes turned to her, she sank back into her chair, trying to hide from them. “I would not make a great ambassador,” she whimpered. “I’m very shy.”

Chuckles arose from the crowd as they took the statement in jest. John was the only one who could see she was upset by all of this. He sighed as he hoped he would not make a mockery of himself on national television again.

____________________________________

The thought of Fluttershy being an ambassador was unsettling to John. ‘She hardly knows what is going with the television,’ he thought, ‘how can she know how a country works?’

Suddenly, on the other side of the door, John could hear some of what the reporters were saying. Mostly, it was talk of the Fluttershy, though they called her ‘The Visitor’. It was a very appropriate title for her, though he couldn’t help but think it was because she was a sort of alien to them rather than just a person.

The crowd looked at the television as the helicopter came into view over the hospital. The room shook as the helicopters landed on the pad behind them. John swallowed awkwardly as he looked at the people in the room; an injured FBI agent, a crazy doomsday prepper, a woman of unknown origins, and himself, a washed out ex-cop with possible feelings for the woman next to him. He then thought of the millions of people watching right now. All those people who expected John to be dead or worse were watching him as he was about to meet the President. ‘Nothing could go right in this room,’ John thought.

Suddenly, the door opened and the group was surprised by the men who entered. The camera followed them in and set up in the corner as an important-looking man wearing a navy blue suit with a flag on his lapel and the biggest smile walked in with an entourage of agents cleaning the seat for him. Only one of them was clueless as to who this man was.

“Good morning,” he said with his forced smile. He noticed the woman sitting in the center, with her wildly colored hair. He felt uncomfortable looking at her hair. However, he continued wearing the smile as he reached to shake her hand first. “Good to see you.” He said. Fluttershy made no attempt to reach for his hand.

“Like this,” John took action and shook his hand in her place, coming up with an excuse for her. “She’s never shook hands before, she’s new to this.”

The president gave a light chuckle and watched as she slowly grabbed his hand and shook like she saw John do. She continued to hide behind her hair as he cameras recorded every action they did.

After a small introduction, the men sat down and listened to the president’s words.

“I want to say, personally, that I am proud of what you men did for our country today.” He said as if he were reading from a teleprompter. “Not only did you stop a terrorist organization within our country, but you saved our most hidden border.” He continued on. “From what we learned from the leaked information, this land is far more different than just going to another country, but a new world.”

The group was bewildered by the new information about the woman between them. John felt he was being told a fairy tale.

“But, we want to know more about it from someone who has been there.” He continued. “And as a guest to our fine country I want to ask you, can we get to know you?” He gestured at Fluttershy, smiling. Suddenly the cameras pointed towards her.

As she slid behind John’s shoulder the cameramen chuckled. John glared at them as he held her hand trying to boost her confidence. He turned his head to her ear, and tried to calm her down.

She sat up and took a few deep breaths trying to get her mind calmed. Soon she started to talk. “I... am Fluttershy, I come from Ponyville, but was originally from Cloudsdale. I am, I mean, was a Pegasus, but I am a human, now.” She tried to keep talking but fell short on things she wanted to talk about.

“What is your home like?” the president asked, “what is... Ponyville like?” He felt awkward saying the name.

“Umm, It’s a very calm town, except for the dragons that come by often.” The heads of the crew whipped to her at the mention of the word ‘dragon’. “But all the ponies are friendly and very diverse. We have earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi, along with cows, sheep, and even donkeys.”

“And what is your government like?” He continued.

“We have two princesses ruling over Equestria, controlling the sun and the moon.” She started to come out of her shell. “But they make the laws and each settlement has a leader to help enforce them.”

“How do they control them?” The president asked.

“With their magic.” She replied calmly.

The group’s eyes widened in disbelief as they could not comprehend the serious use of the word.

“Magic, you say?” He repeated in confusion.

“Well every creature in Equestria has magic. It’s just how they use it that differs.” She continued to explain. “Unicorns have telepathy, and other physical magics, and Pegasi have flight and speed.”

The group felt strange as they listened to the woman explain about her world. Magic was something that felt out of their reach to understand.

“Fascinating,” The president replied, his face showing no signs of distaste over the seemingly unbelievable words of the strange woman. He then turned to John and changed the subject. “And what about you, what relation do you have to…” he tried to remember the name, “Fluttersky?”

With his eyes focused on the President’s face, he took a deep breath and began to speak. “I met her about a week ago. When I found her, she was scared, so I took her in. I fed her, clothed her, and made sure she was happy. She is vegetarian, which was hard to get used to.” He raised his hand in jest, “I guess now I know it was because she was a horse. I mean, a horse from a magical land. That is still strange to me.” He fell silent as he began to reevaluate his thoughts from earlier.

“And can you tell us what the terrorists were like?” the President tried to keep the conversation going. “What made you want to protect her so much?”

John fell silent as he thought again of his motives. “I just didn’t want her to get hurt.” He finally answered. “She means so much to me right now.”

“And you sir,” He looked at Earl trying to keep the awkward away. “What drove you to fight for her?”

“I owed John a favor and his brother convinced me to go through with it.” Earl explained his minimal part of situation. “I loaned them some rifles and the use of my panic room, however it was over in a matter of minutes. I was just glad no one died.”

“Thank you for that,” he started to chuckle as to lighten the mood. These two unqualified heroes were making him uncomfortable.

After a few minutes of awkward conversation the president awarded the medals to the three men for their valiant efforts. After a heartfelt salute the cameras were shut off and the President wiped his brow. He turned to the group as the reporters were escorted from the room.

“I can’t believe you two are responsible for the exposure of the agency.” The president said in frustration. “Now the whole world is breathing down my neck trying to get me to expose more or cover up the leaks.” He looked at them and hoped someone would tell him what to do. When he looked at the rose-haired girl he fell into a calmed state as he remembered something important. “At least we aren’t at war with your world now.”

He walked over to his agents who gave him an insulin shot as he muttered about the stress.

Andrew sat up and spoke to the president, trying to get him to calm down. “Sir, if it makes things better, less lives were lost than any military operation would have.”

“You’re right agent,” The president took deep breaths to relax, “I’ll see it that your partner’s family gets her last payment. For now, keep information as secret as you can. The public hasn’t been ready for this, and I don’t think they are handling it well.”