• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 6,578 Views, 156 Comments

The Pink Haired Woman - Seran



A man finds a strange looking woman with a Butterfly tattoo and takes her in. her origin is unknown.

  • ...
23
 156
 6,578

Some more crying

John finished getting the markings off his windshield, his mind heavy with the encounter with his brother. After placing the tools in his garage his mind grew more wary of one phrase. He held it back as much as he could until he reached the front door. He pushed the door in, hands shaking and breathing heavily. Suddenly he couldn’t hold the phrase back anymore.

‘He died…’ Andy’s voice loudly repeated in his head.

John fell to his knees and let out a scream which lead to loud sobbing. He held his head and he rolled into a ball. His heart ripped apart at the realization that he was an orphan.

“Damn it! Why…” he cried. He fell to his side and continued to sob. He fell deep into a pit of sorrow and felt he couldn’t get out. All he could think of were all the times he screwed up, all the death that surrounded him. ‘I need my gun.’

One voice sounded in the dark pit, piercing light and led him through the dark. “John?” it sounded. “John! What’s wrong? Were you stung?” He followed the voice out and opened his eyes to Fluttershy, who knelt over him.

‘You again,’ John thought to himself. His mind fell away from the dark thoughts. He brought back his thoughts about her. Her ability to always brighten up the situation came into question.

“What are you?” he whispered.

“I’m sorry?” Fluttershy responded with confusion.

“Are you a guardian angel?” John said much louder.

“What?” Fluttershy grew confused from John’s question.

He sat up wiping away his tears. “Are you some kind of guardian angel?” he said to her. “Were you sent to me to straighten out my life? Do you have wings hidden somewhere on your body?”

“I lost my wings when I got this body.” She said, turning her head to see her back. John looked at her questionably.

He looked ahead and gave a sigh. “I guess you wouldn’t know what it’s like to be an orphan then, or even having come close to killing someone.”

Fluttershy pulled her hands away from him in surprise. She thought of her next words. She saw his depressed look and felt the need to help. She sat down next to him and took a deep breath.

“I’ve dealt with loss as a caretaker,” she started. “I had this puppy that I found after a Timber Wolf attack. Its parents were… were slaughtered and I just saved her from the Timber Wolves. The puppy was injured but safe after I got there. I took care of that orphaned pup. Day and night I checked up on him and calmed his cries.” Her expression saddened as she continued. “I spent three months taking care of him until I realized he wasn’t eating. The bite from a wolf gave him an infection. He- he was in so much pain.” She started to sob. “I- I had to put him down. I couldn’t save him.” She paused to sniff. “He was another life I couldn’t save.” Her sobbing got much harder.

John could not stand seeing her cry. He slowly tried to give himself the courage to hold her. Soon, he let his fear go and held her tight. As he held on, he could feel himself shake. ‘I haven’t held someone this hard in years.’ He thought to himself. ‘What’s happening to me? Why do I feel so calm around her?’

“I guess I should leave then?” Said a voice at the door.

John turned to see Earl standing on the porch with a baseball bat at hand.

“I came when I heard a scream, thought maybe you were under attack,” Earl explained. “Instead I found you having a pansy fit.”

John immediately let go of Fluttershy and looked at him. “Go home Earl.” John ordered. “We need some time to calm down.”

Earl shrugged his shoulders and headed back home whistling a tune. John rolled his eyes and tapped the door closed with his foot.

He turned to see the woman holding herself, shivering with the thought of losing a puppy. John looked at her and though of how to console her. He saw her as a child who had scuffed her knee. He stood up, dusted himself off and gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Soon the mirage broke and he saw Fluttershy’s tear-soaked cheeks. “John,” she said. “I miss my friends.”

John took the statement in. With some thought he held her again. “I sometimes miss my friends too.” He whispered to her. “I’ll try to find them. Maybe they’ll forgive me.”

Fluttershy looked at him confused of his statement. “What do you mean by that?” She asked him.

John leaned back against the door. He let out a deep sigh and responded. “Nothing, just… nothing.” He felt he didn’t need to tell her about his past. He turned to the television, and noticed the show was almost over. He looked at his cellphone to heck the time.

“Four twenty-three?” he said aloud. “I gotta get dinner ready.” He hurried to the kitchen and gathered ingredients together.

He wiped away any excess tears from his tantrum and headed into the kitchen.

As he cooked, he stopped while cutting some vegetables and took a long look at the knife. The edge was sharp enough to slice a tomato.

‘No knick in the blade. It’s as smooth as newly forged steel.’ John thought to himself. John looked at it and thought of all the damage he could do to himself. He felt he didn’t need to be around much longer. His heart raced as he cleaned the edge with a rag. His mind pounded back and forth between the thought.

Before he could make the final decision, his mind was interrupted by a voice. “John, are you okay?” Upon hearing the voice, he wrapped the knife in the rag and tossed into the sink. The voice of someone who cared for him was enough to make his decision.

“I’m-I’m…” he looked her in the eye. Something inside told him he shouldn’t lie. “I just fell into some deep shit that I couldn’t handle.” He fell to the ground, the tears returning.

“John, what happened?” She knelt down to his level. “Did that stallion say something bad?”

John was too distraught to care for her choice of words. “That stallion was my brother,” He said between breaths. “He told me… My father died… And then I almost killed him.” His sobbing intensified as he spoke the last words.

Fluttershy was shocked. She drew her hand away from him hesitant to touch him again. “Wh-what?” was all she could think of saying.

John sat himself up, sniveling and wiping the tears from his eyes. “I’m a terrible person.” John paused to take a breath.

“John,” Fluttershy interrupted. “You’re not a terrible person. You just came into some bad times.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“John, I know you’re not a bad person. You’ve been so kind to me.” Fluttershy stopped and thought of how to calm him down. “Would a bad person take in a stranger?”

“N-no.”

“You are not a bad person. You are just bad-tempered.”

John took one good look at her. She smiled at him to keep him calm. Sun rays peered through the crack of the curtains, illuminating her hair. The sight was as if he was looking at an angel. John took a big lunge and grabbed her.

Fluttershy tensed up from the tight grip.

“I don’t know who you are or where you came from,” he cried. “Thank you for coming to save me from myself!”

Fluttershy loosened up once she noticed the desperation he felt. She felt strange consoling someone else so broken down, rather than herself.

“Please, promise me you won’t leave me alone,” John begged.

Fluttershy looked at him in shock. She was confused about what he was feeling but she knew one thing. He couldn’t be left alone.

“I- I’ll be with you as long as I can.” Fluttershy said as she patted him on the head contemplating what to do next.

Author's Note:

Addition to the previous chapter so it's a bit short.