• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 1,337 Views, 14 Comments

The Color Pink - fiendofthet



Pinkie Pie thinks about Pinkie Pie

  • ...
2
 14
 1,337

Prologue

The Color Pink
By: Fiendofthet

Am I Pinkie Pie?

The Pinkie Pie in front of me jumped into the air, exploded, and fell to the ground, littering the area with small pieces of Pinkie Pie. Then, all the pieces got up and reassembled into a full Pinkie Pie. The Pinkie Pie giggled and hopped away.

What does it mean to be Pinkie Pie?

Another Pinkie jumped in front of me and punched a hoof into the air, causing a chunk of the air to be pushed away and replaced by a small cube of black emptiness. The Pinkie Pie put her face into the vacuum, where it inverted on itself. She then bounced away, laughing.

Am I what these doppelgangers are?

Two Pinkie Pies walked up with cherry pies in their hooves. They began an epic war of throwing pies that ended up in both Pinkies lying on the ground moaning, pretending the cherry filling was blood.

Am I an unrestrained party machine, or am I more than that?

A Pinkie Pie floated over to the two dying Pinkies. She proceeded to take the two ponies and shove them into her mouth. She puked up the Pinkies save for their cherry blood.

All Pinkie Pie does is party. Even her cutie mark is partying. I feel like that’s the only thing she does.

A Pinkie Pie walked calmly to me, looked at me, and smiled. Then she shoved her face into the dirt. Her head popped in from the top of the screen and floated away.

But I don’t feel like partying.

A Pinkie Pie dug a hole in the ground in front of me. She took out a boombox and conducted her own one pony break dancing competition. When she was done with her act she feigned some applause and took a bow.

That must mean that I’m not the real Pinkie Pie.

A Pinkie Pie took a box and placed it in front of her. She banged her head against the box, not once displaying pain and always smiling.

But Pinkie Pie also looks out for her friends and these Pinkie Pies certainly aren’t looking out for their friends.

A Pinkie Pie flew over on Rainbow Dashes back, making airplane noises. Despite Rainbow’s repeated complaints she “piloted” Rainbow above my head and out of sight. A crash could be heard shortly afterwards.

That means there is no real Pinkie Pie!

A Pinkie Pie hopped over and opened her mouth. Another Pinkie popped out and said, “My turn.” The first Pinkie Pie jumped into the second Pinkie Pie’s mouth and hopped away.

And if there is no Pinkie Pie, there is no party.

A Pinkie Pie ran past me giggling. Then, she stopped abruptly when she ran into a building. The building collapsed and a pebble landed on the Pinkie Pie’s head. She screamed and flicked the pebble, hitting me in the face.

And if there is no party there is no super special talent.

I pushed the pebble around with my hoof for a few second before it turned into a Pinkie Pie and hopped away.

And if there is no super special talent, then it’s just like the rock farm.

A Pinkie Pie held a muffin on her head, waiting for something. Derpy Hooves flew by and snatched the muffin away, landing a few feet from me. She unzipped her skin to reveal that she was another Pinkie Pie then sashayed away.

And that means no fun.

A Pinkie Pie held a duck in front of her and quacked. The ducked said back in Pinkie’s voice, “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe how much fun you are!”

Then there is no point for Pinkie Pie.

I got up and walked away. I walked past a group of Pinkies reenacting the big bang. I walked past another group making shadow puppets with their tails. I did not feel like doing either of these things.

I just want it to go back to the way it was before.

I drew a picture of a frowning Pinkie Pie in the dirt. A happy picture of Pinkie Pie came over and tried to cheer it up. I didn’t want to see that.

I drove all my friends away, when all I wanted was to be with them more…

“Oh hey, it looks like we missed one,” Rainbow Dash said to me. “Come on Pinkie. You have a test to take.”

“Who? Me?” I said without looking up.

“I did say Pinkie Pie, right?”

“But I’m not Pinkie!” I stared right into her eyes, giving the saddest look I could muster.

Rainbow Dash sat silently for a moment before chuckling awkwardly. “Alright, whoever you are, you have a test to take.”

I sighed, “Okay.”

The trip over was lackluster. I saw the devastation done by the Pinkies—done by me—and it just makes me want to roll over and be forgotten. But I have a test to do before that happens.

Sometime later, Twilight told me to stare at a wall, so I did. Always loyal to my friends, that’s me. A few lasers happened, but I didn’t focus on that stuff. All the Pinkies around me could have been sent back to the mirror pond and I wouldn’t have known.

What would happen if I got sent back to the mirror pond? Would I get trapped forever? Or would I just cease to exist?

ZAP

On that note, would the duplicates cease to exist when we send them back? Is sending them back essentially murder?

ZAP

Or worse, they could still be alive and be trapped in that prison forever, forever forced to have no fun.

ZAP

I never thought about how terrible bringing a duplicate into this world could be.

ZAP

Am I-

“Pinkie, you can look away now.”

“I Passed?”

“You Passed. You’re the only Pinkie that kept staring at the wall.” Does she understand the implications on what she just did?

“I had to. I just had to. I couldn’t leave my friends.” Or be trapped in that pond for all eternity. “I just couldn’t. I guess sometimes I’ll just have to choose between you.”

“I knew you were up to the challenge.”

“I’m me. I’m me! I’m me!” I jumped in the air. I felt like I was just in a fight to the death and won.

“Or am I? Yeah, I’m pretty sure I am.”

---

The door closed with the gentle touch of Twilight’s magic.

I slept for a few seconds before my head jerked up.

“Fun?”

Comments ( 14 )

I like this. I really like this. You answered one of the questions that popped up to me in the show -
"Is that really Pinkie Pie?"
Well done. Have a moustache, a favourite and a like.:moustache:

I liked it, but was confused by the ending.:rainbowhuh:

:pinkiegasp: Soo... My mind was blown after the episode. Now it's even more confusing.

I think you may have forgotten to mark this completed.

Also, I'm starting to think that the Pinkie clones were based off of Season 1 Pinkie...

>Prologue
>Completed

Okay then.

The mirror pond raises all sorts of conundrums about mortality, like did Twilight just commit mass murder,? Why didn't Twilight just ask them something only Pinkie Prime would know, and instead played a game with a dangerously high margin of error? Did Twilight actually zap Pinkie Prime, leaving an impostor the victor of her deadly game? Is the reason Twilight suggested such a game because of the corruption the dark magic had on her?

But yeah, good story, although the Mirrored Pinkies were extremely weird. And that ending pretty much sums up the second half of the episode.

1637306 That gif is so funny, looks like someone's been a bad kitty. :rainbowlaugh:

1637354 Explain what you mean by Season 1 Pinkie. :trixieshiftright:

I myself thought that the Pinkie Pie that was so glum while all the other Pinkie Pie's who pretty much were like "Buck you! I do what I want!" had to be the real one. I mean think about it when did you last see Pinkie Pie so upset, when she thought her friends didn't like her anymore. I mean come on it's not rocket science, it pretty much boils down to "One of these things is not like the other." :facehoof:

1637404
Yeah, there's that obvious logic, but as my English teacher sometimes says about stupid plot incidents, "we wouldn't have much of a story without it."

As for the Season 1 Pinkies, she was really hyper compared to S2 and 3. Seriously, Pinkie really toned down her hopping around (I think) for example.

1637390

I don't think any of the others heard the Pinkie Clones make a mistake in their names so they didn't realize that the Pinkie clones didn't have all of Pinkie's knowledge.

1637637 Still they could have tried to think of something only the REAL Pinkie Pie would know instead of pulling a Batman Gambit which boils down to "The real Pinkie Pie will keep watching no matter what because she won't want to be sent back." Oh well I guess sometimes the mane six don't always think that the first answer to a problem isn't always the best way. :eeyup:

*This is just my opinion is might not be true I think all the clone Pinkies are so hyper and want to have fun because when Pinkie Pie made the first clone she wanted to have fun, so that makes the clone mirror her emotions and also want to have fun. OK, so then when the clone and Pinkie Pie made two more clones they still mirrored the want to have fun. Then the clones went and made a bunch more clones who keep the need to have fun because the clones who made those clones wanted to have fun. Get what I'm saying here? :pinkiehappy:

1637637 Fluttershy did, but whether or not she would put two and two together is another thing entirely.

The right answer to the "how do we find the real Pinkie" conundrum is based on statistics, something Twilight should be adept at. Form a list of several questions and interrogate each Pinkie separately. The real Pinkie will be able to answer them, and even if some of the other Pinkies get a few right, it's a simple task to compute the exact confidence of each Pinkie being real or not. Let's say that a given clone has a 10% chance of answering each question correctly, and that the real Pinkie has a 90% chance (which is actually pretty low, but we're being extra safe here). Assume that an initial "pass" is answering at least 4 out of 10 questions correctly.

Then, the fake Pinkies will fail the test 98.7% of the time, while the real Pinkie would only fail 0.0009%. The failure rate is even lower when you consider that the only way they could make the mistake if the real Pinkie fails is if at least one of the fakes passes. Let's assume since there was 1+1+2+3+6 = 13 Pinkies (according to the Mirror Pool scene, that was the maximum number based on how many times the clones used the pool). The probability of at least one fake passing is about 14%, so the likelihood that the real Pinkie could have any chance of being sent back is, literally, one in a million.

If any fakes do pass, repeat the whole thing with 10 additional questions. And voilà, you have the real Pinkie.

1743320

That's actually really clever. I never thought of it like that. The only problem I can even think to come up is that to Twilight and the others, all the Pinkies were the same. And they would probably assume that anything that Pinkie knew, the clones also knew. Of course, this wasn't true. The Pinkie clones had fun on their minds all the time because they all were cloned from Pinkies who were thinking of fun at the time (at least according to my headcanon).

Login or register to comment