• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 8,247 Views, 333 Comments

It's The Thought That Counts - DerpyMuffins15



Twilight Lulamoon goes through life with Trixie as her sister!

  • ...
26
 333
 8,247

Goodbye

Trixie just gawked at how frightened the lavender filly in front of her was. Her body shook uncontrollably and she stuttered, pleading for Trixie to not hurt her. Livid black and blue bruises stood out even against her purple coat, as well as a bright red cut on her upper lip leaking some blood onto her unkempt mane. If anything, the little filly was at the worst moment of her life: she was the lowest of the low, facing challenges someone her age shouldn’t have to even think about. The young filly spilled tears she didn’t know she even had left, and it felt like the most terrible thing ever. She was everything Trixie was and wasn’t at the same time. The filly didn’t have anyone to love her or protect her, and she didn’t even have a warm and safe home to live in. Not even the other orphans seemed to like her.

Trixie’s eyes studied the distressed filly’s features more intensely. The unknown orphan was a unicorn, but there were some slight cracks in her horn, meaning she was experiencing immense pain throughout her mind and body. What drew the most attention from Trixie was the way the filly held onto the doll she had just fixed. At first, she thought the lavender filly would thank her for taking the bullies away and sewing back up what seemed to be her only toy, but that wasn’t the case here. It was the exact opposite - the filly just ran away screaming in fear and in a fit of tears.

She had run into a small storage closet, leaving behind a trail of salty droplets which Trixie easily followed. The room shook with the ruckus the lavender filly was making. It hadn’t occurred to the little orphan that she was being followed. All that was on her mind was to get away before she was hurt again. The dark storage room had mops and buckets, teetering on edge for anything to tip them over and fall on an unsuspecting head. She kept repeating in her head over and over again, ‘...this isn’t, this isn’t real, it just can’t be. I’ll wake up any minute now...’

A loud scream escaped her again as light poured through the dark room quickly, burning her sensitive eyes that just adjusted to the darkness. It was the same filly she had met earlier, the same one that had given her back her Smartypants doll. On any normal day, she would have thanked the other filly, but the last couple of days made her think otherwise. Everyone at the orphanage didn’t want her there or just used her. Fights and teasing were a daily schedule for her now, as well as starvation when the older colts stole her food - not that it tasted that good.

“Are you alright?” asked the concerned azure filly. It was rare to see anyone so scared. It was almost like the orphan unicorn had grown an expectation that everyone she met wanted to hurt her. Trixie knew better than to approach her immediately, so she stood a respectable distance away.

“Pl-please... don’t hurt me. Just go away... please...” begged the lavender filly. She continued to cry and staggered backwards into a mop. Her flank hit the unstable cleaning utensil and fell into a nearby metal bucket hanging dangerously overhead. Another second and the bucket toppled over, falling directly downward towards the distressed filly. All she could do was ignite her magic in a failed attempt to save herself. A cracked horn wouldn’t allow her to do any magic, not even to save herself from a bloody head or possibly a concussion.

The orphan just closed her eyes. She shut her eyes and waited for the heavy bucket to fall on her and hurt her even more - it wasn’t like anyone cared. Something was off: she didn’t feel pain or even hear the metal clang the bucket would have made if it missed her. She dared a peek up and saw it had been caught in a magenta aura, levitating safely away from her. The orphan had been saved twice by the new filly she met today. Maybe not everyone in the cruel world was out to get her.

“Th-thank you... for saving me... again,” mumbled the lavender filly. Her little body stopped trembling somewhat as she weakly got back on her hooves. Her Smartypants doll had disappeared from the deadly grip she had on it and now lay on the ground with stuffing strewn about. Another arm had ripped during her frightened flinching and sewing back the severed limb was going to be nigh impossible for Twilight. She was horrible at it even when she could still use her magic.

“Why did you run away earlier? I just wanted to know your name,” asked the other filly. She gingerly stepped closer to the orphan, who just flinched back again in fright. “It’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you, alright? I’m just gonna repair the doll for you again, okay?” spoke Trixie softly. Her magic aura wrapped the damaged doll once more and gathered the fallen stuffing. Another flicker of magic and the worn out silk holding the thing together was back on.

Her Smartypants doll was repaired and returned to her again. For the first time since she arrived at the orphanage, the lavender filly smiled, or tried to smile with some blood still dripping on her lip. It wasn’t a pretty sight, the young orphan cuddling her doll lovingly and ignoring her bruises. “My name’s Twilight. I... can’t remember what my last name is...” she answered. She stumbled out of the dark storage room and met her savior face to face.

“Nice to meet you Twilight, my name’s Trixie. Why were those colts picking on you earlier? You don’t seem to be the troublemaking type,” asked Trixie delicately. She magicked a cloth blanket from the storage room and covered the lavender filly, seeing as she needed it.

“I-I-I... don’t really... know why... Ever since I got here... they’ve just been picking on me. I never did anything to them before, but it doesn’t exactly stop them very well. I... wish I could get away from here... I don’t think I can go on much longer,” answered Twilight. She was on the verge of tears again, thinking about the hellhole she had come to just a few weeks ago. She wasn’t sure why since she couldn’t quite remember, but when she concentrated very hard all her mind would allow her were vague memories of a fire.

Trixie gave a sympathetic look to the orphaned filly. Life had taken a sour turn for the most innocent of ponies, one that didn’t deserve anything bad happening to her at all. “Why don’t we go to the nurse’s office? We need to get those bruises checked out. When was the last time you ate something? You look kind of pale,” said Trixie as she noticed Twilight’s ribs sticking out. It was a wonder how the filly could even stand, let alone walk and run like the way she did. But fear had a certain way of making desperate ponies do things.

Twilight’s stomach answered the azure filly’s question for her as it rumbled loudly, like she hadn’t had a proper meal in days. Now that the fear-induced adrenaline was out of her system, the orphan unicorn stumbled every step until her new friend helped stabilize her. “I ate dinner last night, if you could call it dinner. I don’t really remember what anything else besides alfalfa tastes like. Are you new here? I’ve never seen you before,” asked Twilight.

“Actually, I’m just here for the day. My parents dropped me off here a while ago and said they would be back later,” answered Trixie confidently. She returned the lavender orphan’s stare and got confusion. “Don’t worry, it’s not what you think it is. Even if I ran away from here, they would still come and pick me up.”

Both fillies continued their steady pace towards the clinic, chatting away like they were the best of friends. They soon discovered that they both liked the same subjects, astronomy, history, chemistry, and magic. Trixie didn’t know where it came from, but the orphan had a surprisingly large amount of knowledge on every subject her parents were grooming her to master. The orphanage didn’t offer many books to read and she was too young to have started learning from school. The filly just seemed to know everything about everything. While Trixie disliked learning from a secluded location, the other filly beamed delightedly at any opportunity to learn something new.

Once they were in the clinic a mellow, grey earth pony walked towards them. She was one of two ponies who donated their time willingly. It wasn’t that the work was hard, but the nurse just had a sense of responsibility for each foal, whether they were forgotten or abandoned. A certain violet unicorn in particular caught her attention the first day she arrived. She had only known Twilight for a short time, but it didn’t alter the fact that she had grown an attachment to the orphan. She didn’t know what it was - the filly’s kindness or insecurity - but Nurse Bluecross just felt a connection. Seeing the young unicorn hurt only deepened the anger she had for whoever had taken advantage of her. “My goodness Twilight! What happened this time? Oh, no time for that! Get over here, I need to swab those bruises for you. This may hurt for a bit, but hold still,” fussed the grey earth pony.

“It’s nothing too serious, Nurse Bluecross. I just got into a fight again,” answered Twilight as she let the concerned earth pony swab her bruises with some medicine. It burned lightly on her sensitive skin, but it helped to soothe the pain.

“When you say fight, you mean you were ganged up on and bullied? I know you, Twilight, you wouldn’t start a fight even if your life depended on it. Now, tell me, who did this to you?” asked Nurse Bluecross. She finished swabbing and wrapped the bruises in bandages. She turned to the new filly, whom she had never seen before. “Who’s your new friend, Twilight?”

The lavender filly’s mood brightened up immediately at the prospect of having someone say she had a friend. At once she beamed with a smile and answered, “That’s Trixie, my new best friend. She saved me from the other colts and fixed Smartypants. See?!” She held up her old doll excitedly to show the kindness of the azure filly.

The sight was endearing for the nurse, seeing how the loner had made a friend in such a short time. The young orphan wasn’t very popular with the other foals, and to hear she had finally made a friend gave Nurse Bluecross hope. “That’s very sweet of Trixie to do something like that for you, Twilight. I’m glad to see you making friends,” said the grey earth pony kindly. “Umm, are you new here Trixie?”

It was a strange feeling to be asked the same question. Trixie didn’t know why everyone kept asking her that, but it must be important to be asked the same thing twice. “No, Miss Bluecross, I’m not. My parents dropped me off about an hour ago. They said they be back a little bit later to pick me up. Why?” she asked.

She got the weirdest look from the nurse, as her face was a mixture of horror and sympathy. To hear that a couple would drop off their foal like that to an orphanage and have the nerve to say they would be back; it was horrible. Anger swelled within her, but she hid it for the sake of the fillies. She knew the orphanage was full of foals without parents, left alone on the doorsteps or just abandoned, but to hear that her parents would just tell their child to walk into an orphanage was disturbing.

‘They don’t deserve to be parents, to just do something like this to their own filly, and one so sweet, too,’ mused the grey nurse. She swallowed the petty anger and answered the unknowing filly, “Oh, nothing important dear. I’m just glad to hear that Twilight is making friends, and with someone as kind as you. Now, why don’t you two run along, I’m sure you will have great fun with each other.”

The freshly-bandaged filly smiled widely and dashed out of the room with her new friend. It was a sight enough to give the grey nurse a smile for herself now that Twilight wouldn’t be bullied as much. But that still didn’t change the fact that the new filly’s parents had just dropped off their kid at an orphanage. “Honestly, if you’re gonna have a foal, at least have the decency to die before you send them to an orphanage,” grumbled Nurse Bluecross under her breath. “Parents these days.”

The two fillies were long gone, away from the fuming nurse and running through the old building. Any signs that the lavender orphan was unhappy were never shown as the two spent the rest of the day playing games that normal foals would. Tag was on the list, but not before Twilight had read a book on how to play it. They ate lunch in the common area, which didn’t exactly taste or look like lunch. It was alfalfa and water, with what was maybe an apple, but they didn’t care. It was each other’s company that made their mood bright.

Afterwards, they trotted to Twilight’s room discussing their futures and dreams, though mainly it was just the lavender filly rambling on about how she would get into magic kindergarten. Oh the things the orphan unicorn knew, from basic facts on astronomy to the chemical composition of phencyclidine and its systematic name. It seemed she had an IQ above super genius and a magic capability that would rival Trixie’s own. Twilight was a master at every subject they discussed and pretty much everything else. How she could know such things at her young age was the biggest mystery Trixie had ever encountered. Either she was born with it or someone had previously tutored her.

“Twilight, how do you know so much? You’re still just a filly, same as me,” she asked curiously. She turned to her new friend who just sat lazily on the musty makeshift bed. A wooden nightstand was next to it that was filled to the brink with books and a chemistry set.

“I don’t really know... I guess I just know it? I can’t remember how or where I learned this from, but it just comes naturally to me. Like when unicorns do magic, we don’t really know how we do it, we just do it, like it’s instinctive. Like magic is natural to all unicorns, this just comes easily to me. You know what I mean?” asked the lavender filly in response. She stared at Trixie and for once didn’t get a look of confusion in return from whomever she was trying to explain something to.

“Yea, I do. Like magic comes easy for all unicorns, or how flying is with pegasi, you just know these things because you know them. The question is, where did you learn it from? We’re both too young to start magic kindergarten and this place doesn’t look like it has a library where you could learn from,” noticed Trixie. She levitated a book from the nightstand and looked at the aged cover. It was a first edition History of Equestria by Starswirl the Bearded. Trixie recognized the title right away, as she had the only other copy in existence at home.

Twilight took notice of the book and grabbed it out of sight without a second to spare. She squeezed it tightly next to her body to protect it from other’s eyes. All she got in return was a stare from her new friend like they had never met before. “Sorry...” apologized Twilight. “It’s just... this and Smartypants were the only really important things with me when I first came here. I can’t remember anything else besides coming to this awful place. I wish I could just get away from it all.”

She reluctantly let go of the precious book and laid it out on the bed. The brown pages stank of age and a hint of decay. The words were written in another language and with special ink, and the cover had Princess Luna’s official emblem and regalia emblazoned on it along with her signature on the inside cover next to Starswirl’s. Only the royal family or the highest nobility would have been lucky enough to even know about the book, so an unknown orphan owning it was very strange indeed. Trixie double-checked that the book and signatures were real, confirming them both times.

“No wonder you’re so smart! This book was written by Starswirl himself,” Trixie complimented Twilight. Before she could say another word the book was drawn away again, safely pressed against the orphan’s chest. Then an idea bloomed inside Trixie’s head: why not show Twilight her own library back home? It would certainly make the lavender filly’s day, particularly seeing how roughly it started. “Hey Twilight, you want to come back to my house? I have a library full of books like this,” she offered.

“I would love to, Trixie. It’s just that... I’m an orphan... I can’t leave this place without first being adopted or someone filling out the necessary paperwork first. And... I don’t think your parents will just adopt me like that... It’s not like anyone wants me around anyway...” sighed Twilight. She was trying really hard not to cry, but tears still threatened to pour down her face. It wasn’t healthy for someone as young as her to be so upset all the time.

“Twilight, trust me. If you want to see my library at home, I can make it happen. I didn’t just come here today to play with you,” Trixie reassured her. “I came here today to pick out my new sister.”

The words echoed in Twilight’s head. They rang over and over until she finally understood them. She was going to be adopted. She could finally get away from this awful orphanage and best of all, she was going to have someone like Trixie as a sister. Twilight cried, for once not from sadness, not because of what life threw at her, not because the other foals hated her, but because someone was willing to give her a new family. “Re-really?!” she asked, stumbling over her words in her eagerness.

“Ye-”

Before she could complete the answer, Trixie was tackle-hugged wildly. Her tears overflowed and soaked the azure filly’s coat as Twilight increased her grip on her, nearly choking her. She could hardly breathe, but she was glad to see the orphan filly so happy. “Twi-- do you mi-- I ca-- brea--” she managed to choke out.

“Oh, no, I’m so sorry... it’s just that... I’m so happy... thank you...” Twilight replied, still crying joyfully. She loosened her deadly hug, but just slightly. If the somewhat-victim was still uncomfortable, she didn’t voice it but just continued to let Twilight squeeze her tightly.

“Well, if you don’t mind, my parents are coming soon, so if you want, we can start packing,” she squeaked. She waited silently for a reply, but got nothing. Twilight just remained silent, still wrapping herself around Trixie in an embrace. “What’s wrong? I thought you wanted to leave this place?”

Her happy tears were now tinged with a bit of sadness at the prospect of leaving somepony behind that had been looking out for her since she arrived at the orphanage. “No Trixie... I’m really happy to know I can leave this place and start a new life... it’s just that... I’ll have to say goodbye to Nurse Bluecross. She’s been so nice to me ever since I got here... I kind of don’t want to see her go,” Twilight answered slowly. She didn’t have to say that the grey nurse had been like a surrogate mother to her when she first arrived. It was evident from the way she spoke so casually with the earth pony earlier that day that they were more than just friends - Nurse Bluecross was the only one who cared for Twilight here at the orphanage. It seemed terrible to rip them apart - somehow akin to when the bullies had taken her Smartypants doll from her.

“Don’t worry Twilight, if it means that much to you, I can probably convince my parents to get Miss Bluecross a job at our mansion,” reassured Trixie. She nearly lost her breath again as the lavender filly nigh on squeezed her guts out.

“Thank you Trixie! You have no idea how much that means to me!” gushed Twilight. She reluctantly let go of the young filly she was hugging to see red marks all over Trixie’s body. “Sorry,” she apologized sheepishly. She rushed under her little bed and got out a small suitcase. It popped open with two clicks as Twilight rushed to pack books and personal belongings into it.

It surprised Trixie to see the way the items were being packed - they were stacked neatly inside, color coded, and all in alphabetical order. Within five minutes the young orphan was ready, prepared for a new life with her Smartypants doll sitting lazily on her back. “Let’s get going!” cheered Twilight excitedly.

Trixie just beamed at her new sister with a loving smile. It was nearly five, which would mean it was one hour until dinner at Lulamoon Manor. “Alright, let’s go tell Miss Bluecross the good news then. I’m sure she will be excited to hear about her new job offer,” answered the azure mare. Before her eyes could see what was happening, her new sister had already snagged her silvery-white tail in her mouth and was dragging her roughly throughout the hallways on their way towards the clinic.

“Twi- slow dow-- you-- give me bru--” she gasped out as her face and body were ragdolled across the dirty floors of the orphanage. By the time they got to the grey earth pony’s office, Trixie had just as many bruises as Twilight had.

The lavender filly released her new sister at the door and rushed to Bluecross’s side, surprising her. It was almost like the young filly was running on cosmic energy, completely devoid of sorrow, like it was her coronation. “Nurse Bluecross, you’ll never guess what happened to me!” she squealed excitedly. Her new sister weakly limped into the room, interrupting the exchange.

“My goodness, Trixie what happened?!” asked the grey nurse, appalled. “You look like you just got into the worst fight of your life!” She rushed to the hurt filly and examined her new bruises. It wasn’t as bad as she had initially assumed, but better safe than sorry.

“It’s nothing Miss Bluecross. Twilight just wanted to drag me along so she can tell you the good news,” said Trixie wryly. Nurse Bluecross ushered Trixie along and brought her to a nearby bed. She winced, but didn’t complain. She had seen what her new sister had gone through on a daily basis, and complaining now would have been rather rude.

“Just let me fix you up, then we can hear the exciting news Twilight keeps jumping up and down about,” replied the grey earth pony. She did the same procedure she had that morning: swabbing the painful bruises delicately and then covering them with bandages. “Now Twilight, what is this exciting news you wanted to tell me?”

The lavender filly stopped her jumping for just a second and beamed at the nurse with a smile that told her she was the happiest foal in the world. “I’m being adopted!” proclaimed Twilight at the top of her lungs. “And Trixie is going to be my new sister!”

Nurse Bluecross’s stare went from Trixie to Twilight and back again. Trixie had a smile on her face that confirmed it as truth. Nurse Bluecross wiped her eyes of tears and smiled to hear that such a sweet filly like Twilight was going to have a warm and loving home, along with a new family.

“And guess what? You can come with me! Trixie said there was enough room at her mansion for you too!” shouted Twilight. Before her little mind could register what happened, the grey nurse wrapped her and her new sister in a hug. Now Twilight knew firsthoof what it was like to be crushed to death by an embrace. Barely any air got to her lungs, but it was worth it.

It was Trixie who first broke the silence - not because she wanted to, but because she needed to breathe. “Miss d-- you mi-- I ca-- bre--” coughed the azure filly again. Being crushed to death twice in one day wasn’t exactly on her agenda, but it was somehow a nice feeling all the same. Unlike Twilight, the grey nurse was capable of letting her grip slip for the sake of both fillies.

“Sorry about that. I’m just so happy to hear that Twilight is getting adopted, and with a new sister as sweet as you. Thank you,” mumbled Nurse Bluecross. “Wait... did you say mansion?”

Finally catching her breath, Trixie shook her head to collect her thoughts. A royal air surrounded her, giving her words and voice a nobility like her ancestors before her. “My full name is Trixie Bellatas Speca Curator Celebra Callidi Lepidi Patroni Idonia Angela Astrum Stabilia Sollerīs Decora Victoria Vespera Lulamoon, filia of Moonlight and Starshine, second house of the Lunar courts, third legion in the Solar Empire, heir of Her Highness Princess Luna’s official ambassador, minister of the Lunar ecclesia, next in line for lead councillor, episcopas, and chancellor of Her Majesty’s side, future Dux Ducī of the Lunar Equis, and last of the Lulamoon,” intoned Trixie dramatically. Her eyes almost seemed like they were glowing with past ancestral knowledge and wisdom. The image was ruined when the last of the Lulamoon was tackled again by her future sister.

“You mean your library has books not just from centuries past but with almost a direct connection to the royal archives?!” asked Twilight excitedly. Leave it to her to turn something like a royal announcement into something educational.

“Ye--” choked Trixie again. Her new sister was on top of her ribcage, and Twilight’s weight was once again slowly asphyxiating her. Trixie’s face seemed to turn an even deeper shade of blue, which was thankfully noticed by the surprised nurse.

“Twilight, let your new sister breathe. I’m sure you won’t be able to see the library if Trixie passes out. Now, why don’t you two go to the front desk and wait for Trixie’s parents to come?” suggested Nurse Bluecross. She gently lifted the excited filly off to save her new sister from trauma, which Trixie was immensely grateful for.

“You should start packing too, Nurse Bluecross, since Trixie said you can stay at the mansion with me!” said Twilight. She looked back to the grey earth pony to find a sad look that told her more than she let on. “You’re... not coming... are you?” she asked slowly.

The caring nurse had choked back another sob, one not on her behalf but for Twilight. Nurse Bluecross returned the stare, tears streaming down. “I’m sorry Twilight, but I can’t. The other children need me here. Who’s going to be bandaging hurt fillies and colts if I go? Besides, you have a better future now, Twilight, don’t bring someone like me into it - I’ll only hold you back. Now don’t cry, I’m afraid it’s all for the best. You know I love you like you were my own, but... my place is here, at the orphanage, but I can visit you any time. I’m sorry, but I can’t go with you Twilight, please understand...” pleaded the grey earth pony.

It was to be expected, but the lavender filly started pushing her surrogate mother away. The joyful mood was gone, replaced by a wave of anger. The anger was quickly overcome by sadness when she realized the grey nurse was only trying to do what was best for her. It hurt, but the nurse acted like it was just another part of moving on, leaving behind the bad and ugly along with all the good and happy. Twilight made up her mind - if having a better future meant leaving behind the only pony that had ever loved her, she wasn’t going to go. “No! You can’t stay! Please! You have to come with me! Please,” she sobbed softly into Nurse Bluecross’s coat.

The grey nurse hugged the lavender filly all the harder, trying to squeeze all the sadness and tears out. It didn’t work - Twilight just continued to cry and push at her lightly with her hooves. “Twilight please, understand...”

“NO! I-I-I.... I hate you! Let go of me! I want to hate you!” screamed the distressed filly, her words betraying her true feelings. No matter how hard she tried to push the grey nurse away, a part of her didn’t want to let go.

“Twilight... I want to... I really do... but... I just can’t...” Nurse Bluecross explained softly.

“Th-then I won’t go! I won’t leave you!” argued Twilight. Nurse Bluecross frowned - if there was anything Twilight wasn’t allowed to say, it was announcing that she was going to throw away her future for the grey nurse. She looked at Twilight with stern but loving eyes.

“Don’t do that Twilight. Please, do not throw away a chance for a family and a future for my sake. I’m not worth it, trust me. You don’t want to grow up around here - it’ll only hold you back. You are a beautiful and brilliant filly, so please... This is the perfect opportunity for you. If you don’t go, I’ll be very disappointed in you...” she said firmly. She hated herself for using the filly’s emotions and good habits against her, but it was needed. To hear someone be disappointed in her would shock Twilight enough to get her back into a logical sense of mind. After all, the last time Nurse Bluecross had used the dreaded D-word was to jokingly tell Twilight she was disappointed in her for not finishing her alfalfa. The poor filly had been dragged to her office later with a stomachache, she’d eaten so much of it.

Twilight’s face fell at the prospect of disappointing her surrogate mother and the only pony in the whole orphanage whose opinion she cared about. At the same time, her heart still warred with the logical decision of leaving. “But... I’ll miss you if you don’t come with me... What if you forget about me?” she mumbled, tapping her forehooves together slowly.

Now all the nurse felt was guilt, guilt for ever letting Twilight think she could forget such a kind young filly. Nurse Bluecross could only think of one thing to further reassure the distressed filly. “Twilight, think of this as a science experiment, alright? I want you to see how many more books you can read and new things you can learn. Promise me that you’ll go with Trixie and I’ll visit as much as I can, alright?” bargained Nurse Bluecross. Thankfully, it worked. Twilight stopped her fidgeting and controlled her sobs enough to look back into the grey earth pony’s eyes. “Now, go with Trixie to the front desk, I’m sure your new parents are waiting there.” She gently planted a kiss on the lavender filly’s forehead.

Twilight still had tears running down her cheeks, but her mind was calmed. Her new sister waited patiently and silently at the door with a hug ready to go. They quietly trotted out of the clinic, one of them in tears, but still somewhat happy. Nurse Bluecross couldn’t help but sigh and blame herself for everything. If it weren’t for her, Twilight could move on without having to think about her constantly. She almost wished the little filly would completely forget about her. If Twilight would just forget about her, it would bring joy to her, though also sadness. Sadness to see a part of herself walk out the door, joy to know it was going to a better place. Yet no matter how much she wanted to, she couldn’t bring herself to completely wish the filly would forget about her.

“I love you Twilight, and I hope your future is as bright as you are.”

Author’s Note: I gotta say, this story made the feature box in less than two hours, surprisingly. Well, thanks to everyone that enjoyed the story, and to everyone trolling my editor, knock it off. Seriously. It’s not that funny. Anyways, DerpyMuffins signing off.

Editor’s note: Seriously, I had ONE bad day! You people really need to embrace the whole ‘love and tolerate’ thing. Anyway, I hope all of you enjoyed this as much as I did, and believe me, I did. Oh, and we did end up getting a second editor, although not for spelling, but I’ll let her introduce herself. TwiLunaLover out!

Second editor’s note: The second (re)installment is ready for your viewing pleasure! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to the next! :3