• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 1,686 Views, 39 Comments

Doctor Whoof: Time of the Hourglass - Muleicous



The Doctor meets a strange pony with a smiliar cutiemark, and help her fight a time flux

  • ...
4
 39
 1,686

Prologue

Prologue

Two months after The Doctor’s arrival...

Derpy Hooves soared out of the post office with a huge smile on her face, today was the last day of the work week and that meant it was time to visit him! The grey pegasus sped through the clouds and straight down to the roofs of Ponyville, then flew to the edge of the town and the gate of Sweet Apple Acres. It felt like it had been years since she had seen Apple Bloom, but the longer it seemed the more vivid the picture of the excited filly became. As Derpy exited the groove of apple trees, the pegasus landed with a soft thud and trotted to the farm house.

“Hello!” she said, knocking on the screen door, “Apple Bloom! It’s time! We gotta get going if we wanna make it to the blue box before night time!”

The sounds of grunts came from the barn as Big Macintosh unhooked himself from the plow. The colt walked toward Derpy and nodded politely as he passed, “Ma’am.” He said as he approached the grey pegasus.

“Hi Big Mac,” Derpy answered, “have you seen Apple Bloom?”

The farm colt nodded, “Eeyup, she was behind the barn tryin’ to fill a basket with apples.”

“Thanks Mac!” the pegasus smiled as she raced by him.

“Say hello to that Doctor fella for me, and thank ya.” Big Macintosh walked into the Apple Family home and shook his head, he had never seen a couple of ponies so excited since Pinkie Pie’s last birthday party. He figured The Doctor must be a very exciting colt to be friends with.

***

“Let’s see...” Apple Bloom said as she walked next to Derpy, her saddle bags filled with apples for the two of them to share with the time colt, “big ones, little ones, green ones, red ones, yellow ones... You’re sure I’m not forgetting any?”

“Apple Bloom, don’t worry.” the pegasus reassured her, “I’m sure he’ll love them. He always does.”

Never the less, Apple Bloom was still worried that the colt who saved her sister wouldn’t like the apples she was bringing him. She never wanted to disappoint The Doctor, mostly because he was the only friend she had outside of the Cutiemark Crusaders and Derpy. Maybe it was just the way he talked, but the filly felt like he was important some how, not just the her but to all of Equestria. Either way, Apple Bloom was always excited to see the crazy brown colt in the blue box that was bigger on the inside.

As the two reached the TARDIS, a loud bang came from the inside of the box followed by a groan of frustration. Derpy and Apple Bloom ran inside, only to be welcomed by a huge cloud of smoke.

“Doctor? Doctor!” Derpy called out, worried that the colt mite have blown himself up while working on the high tech machines inside. She was answered by the sound of metal falling on a floor and the creaking of hoof steps coming up the stair case.

“Do not go down there,” The Doctor said to his friends, “the spacial reconfigurer is all mixed up with the time racial modulator, and there are all these wires and buttons and ooh! Are those apples?” The time clot was covered is splotches of oil and wearing a pair of goggles, yet his bow tie was remarkably untouched. He opened one of Apple Bloom’s saddle bags and pulled out a bright red apple with his teeth, then took a large bite out of it and smiled. “So good... I love apples, it’s strange how I can like apples and yet hate pairs so much. It really is remarkable.”

Derpy and Apple Bloom couldn’t help but laugh, it had been like this for two months for the three ponies. After their strange friend from another dimension came, life just seemed a bit more... Fun. Even The Doctor had to smile, this place was so different from his Earth. The Earth that always seemed to be under constant attack from strange aliens or evil time lords. Equestria was different, and if he didn’t have loved ones back home The Doctor mite’ve considered staying indefinitely... But he needed to go back. Not only for his sake, but the sake of these ponies. His friends...

***

“HEEEELP!!!” Cherilee screamed as she ran of her life. The school teacher had just left work and was looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home, when all of the sudden a shadowy figure lunged at her and tried to ram her. Luckily, she had dodged the first attack, but now her attacker was chasing her and gaining on the poor school mare fast. She reluctantly looked behind her to see who in Equestria it was, only to be shocked beyond believe. “You... No! Get away!” The pony tripped and looked over at the outline of the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well as the hero closed in on her.

Slowly, the masked pony inched over to Cherilee until the pony was within ramming distance, then the former hero charged. Cherilee closed her eyes and curled up, trying to make herself a difficult target for Mare-Do-Well to hit. It looked like the teacher had lost all hope, but then the swift wings of a pegasus caught her eye. She could tell the pegasus was female, the long, golden hair gave that away, but what she didn’t know was who this brave pony was. Cherilee’s savior reared up, hitting Mare-Do-Well in the head as her wings flapped menacingly. The masked pony had no choice but to flee, the pegasus beating her back with her head hooves.

Cherilee looked up at the pegasus, “Th... Thank you. I... I don’t know what to say...”

“You’ve said enough to me,” the strange pegasus replied, “but I think the mayor would want to hear what happened. If you’ld care to join me.” She held out a hoof and the teacher pony took it. As she got on her own four hooves again, Cherilee turned to her hero and smiled.

“Who are you by the way?” she asked.

The pegasus stayed silent and lead the pony back towards Ponyville, and straight to the office of Mayor Mare.