• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 32,656 Views, 4,346 Comments

The Tales of Prince Onyx - Stanislas



[Celestia found a human baby in her garden and decided to keep it.]

  • ...
299
 4,346
 32,656

PreviousChapters Next
48- Onyx's Diary

Chapter 48

Dear Diary,

Yes, I started to write a diary. Never would I have thought that I would have my own secret book: Though after what happened to me, I realised that if someday I died, I would leave nothing behind. So that is the reason why I am sitting here in my room, writing with a feather from Philomena, who was kind enough to let me borrow one.

I don’t have so much experience in this kind of stuff, so I will do my best to write clearly what I’m trying to say.

First of all, when we came back from the council, Luna and threw us a small, private party for the family. Well, most of the time me and mom where just with each other, appreciating that fact that we were both together in our house, far away from this monster that they call Emperor. I even slept in her bed, like I used to do when I was younger and had nightmares.

Well, I guess this is all for the first entry. See you tomorrow Diary.


Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 24th of Crystalia


***



Dear Diary,

Once again Twilight refused to listen to me. I tried to pay her a visit and explain to her that what she saw was a mistake, but as soon as I knocked on her door, I got teleported back to Canterlot. I guess that is what happen when your mare friend is the student of the most powerful living being. But I will not give up.

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 27th of Crystalia





Dear Diary,

I don’t know how to react, I mean what happened was not my fault...Or was it...I just don’t know...Maybe I should explain to you what happened. This morning, I finally convinced Twilight to talk to me with the help of somepony named Pinkie Pie. We both had talked for a long time, I explained her what have really happened but in the end she decided that it would maybe be a better idea to just stay friends for awhile. Of course I accepted, Twilight was my best friend since I was 7 years old.

I think tonight will be passed in my room, I kinda don’t want to see anypony else, and especially not Cadance. She always with Shining Armor and seeing him will make me think of Twilight.


Onyx

Written on the 4th of Sun Festif.



Dear Diary,

Mom finally convinced me to get out of my room and do something else than mope to myself. I guess she is right. I mean it is not by doing nothing that something will change between me and Twilight.

I don’t really have much to say today.

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 6th of Sun Festif


Dear Diary,

I can’t stand my cousin anymore, Always talking about wedding or dress, not leaving me alone and asking me tons of thing like: Do you think he will prefer Chocolate or vanilla? Should I buy more than one? etc… I know I have promised to help but I think she is overdoing it. Just because I'm a male does not mean that I know which edible pastry that Shining will prefer….I sure hope that Cadence will never put her hooves on this book or she will kill me.

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 13th of Sun Festif



Dear Diary,

Today was the weirdest day I ever had. It all started this morning after I woke up. When I have turned on the shower, and instead of hot water coming out of it, it was cold chocolate milk. CHOCOLATE MILK! How is that even possible. First I thought it was a unicorn who had messed up a spell, but why would a unicorn do magic over the water system. Then came the time for the family breakfast, like every monday, mom was not here and when I asked Luna where she was, she only answered me with something about an old friend, or was it foes… I Could not hear well because Blueblood was yelling (again) at one of the maids about how he could not clean himself this morning because his bath was filled with butter. Suddenly the cold chocolate fountain in my room was not so bad.


After breakfast, I returned to my room for continue the painting I started one month ago. I don’t know why, but every color I was trying to draw was reversed. When I was using some yellow it turned red, the blue was green and the brown was now pink. It frustrated me so much that I chose to leave the paint and go read a book in the royal library.

On my way I saw a guard patrol that was stopped in the middle of the alley because apparently somepony decided to add some itching powder inside of their armor.

The rest of my day was kinda normal though, I found a book in the library that was talking about old legend and mythology which was really interesting. After a small snack bring by the maid, I made my way to mom’s room to wish her a goodnight, but for the first time in my life she refused to let me enter in her room. I think I could heard her crying. I don’t know why, but I feel like I missed something important today.


Onyx, Son of Big Flank Celestia Big Flank Big Big BIG!!

Written on the 22th of Sun Festif.



Onyx you should not leave your Diary on your desk or somepony could read it.

XXX

Your mother.

ps: Are you not too old for have so many plushies on your bed?

Written on the 3rd of Gryflius



Dear Diary,

Twilight kissed me on the cheek today! Maybe there is still hopes for us to be in couple again.

That is all!

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 11th of Gryflius





Dear Diary,

These dreams… Always the same thing...Always the same three foals. I have talked about this to Luna since she is kinda the expert in the dream domain. Tonight she will try to enter in my dream and help me with them.

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 20th of Gryflius


Dear Diary,

For once, I am writing to you in the morning. Like I said last night, Luna did enter into my dream to check if everything was alright. As always, I was once again in a small house outside of the city, but this time it was different. Instead of being IN the dream I was WATCHING the dream like if it was a book filled with images. I saw myself sing a lullaby to the youngest one of the kids before wishing her a good night. I saw myself read a story to the one named Fabian, and finally I saw myself trying to calm down the one named Nemeroff. The whole time Luna was by my side, watching everything closely, trying to see if this dream was really just a dream. When the “mother” as I call her, entered the room, everything started to spin in a circle until I woke up back in my room. Luna told me that she did not see anything weird with it, and that if i can’t see the “mother” Is simply because I don't want to.

Thanks Luna, for the precious help…

Onyx, Son of Celestia

Written on the 21 of Gryflius.

Author's Note:

Smal lchapter but the next one will be better.

PreviousChapters Next