• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 32,570 Views, 4,346 Comments

The Tales of Prince Onyx - Stanislas



[Celestia found a human baby in her garden and decided to keep it.]

  • ...
299
 4,346
 32,570

PreviousChapters Next
17-Meeting with a old and a new pony

Meeting With A Old and A New Pony

Since the Changeling had freed him, Onyx had been walking though the woods for the last few days. When he first escaped, he quickly went to the closest town and, ‘borrowed’ some items from the village. Usually, he would’ve bought it or at least offer work in return, but the Emperor had already set up some ‘Wanted Posters’ with his face on it, with a reward of 500 bits to bring him in alive, so he didn’t really have a choice. The sounds of the forest was very relaxing, the birds singing, the little gusts wind blowing in the trees, the sound of the hoofsteps behind him, the feeling of the sun on his skin... ‘Wait, what?... Hoofsteps...’ Onyx swiftly turn himself to see who is following him, but he didn’t see anypony. “Well, that was strange... Maybe it’s just my imagination?” Onyx turned around went his way, but as soon as he did, he bumped into a grey pegasus, which was flying right in front of him.

“Well hello there... Who are you?” Onyx rose up from the ground, holding his nose and checking if it was bleeding.

“Argg! Do you surprise everypony you meet, like that? That hurt. Grrr...” The gray pegasus looked at him and smiled, then looked up at the sky.

“Sorry, my bad... My name is Ditzy by the way, and you’re?...” Onyx, now reassured by the fact, that he nose was alright, shook the hoof which was held out by ‘Ditzy’, but the strange thing he noticed about her, were her eyes. He tried not to show that he had not noticed them, because he didn’t want to insult her.

“I’m Onyx, glad to meet you... Hurr... If I may ask, what is a pegasus, like yourself, doing this close to the castle of the Gryphon Emperor?” The cross eyed pegasus looked a little bit frustrated.

“It’s Derpy, and I’m a mailmare on route to bring this letter to the Emperor himself.” She said, showing him her saddlebag with the official post emblem.

“Wait, um... Derpy, who sent this letter? Please tell me.” He answering back, wishing that the one who had sent the letter was his mother.

“Do you have difficulty hearing? My name is Ditzy... Repeat after me, D-I-T-Z-Y. And for the letter, it’s a confidential secret. I can’t tell you, sorry.” Onyx mentally face-palmed.

“Um... Okay... Ditzy, if I tell you that I’m royalty... Do you think you can let me read the letter?... Please.” The Derpy/Ditzy pegasus looked very angry.

“Listen, my name is Derpy! It’s not hard to remember and no, I won’t show you it. Not only because you can’t remember my name, but because I’m loyal to the rules of my job. Now if you don’t mind, I need to bring this letter to Onyx.” She told him, before she started to leave him.

“...DER-MISS WAIT! DON’T GO I‘M ONYX!” he yelled after her, the gray pegasus turned around and now so looked happy.

“You see, it’s not hard to learn my name. Now if you really are Onyx, here’s the letter.” She said, holding the letter in her hoof and giving it to Onyx. He thanked her and took the letter with a shaking grip. His name was on the letter and he could see the emblem of Celestia on it. It will be the first piece of news from his mother, since the last 10 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen that

Dear son,

In less than 2 weeks, you will be 18 years old. It’s an important day because, it’s the day you become an adult. I wish you could be here with me, ever since you left, nothing has been the same here. Twilight and I miss you a lot, she won’t stop talking about how she wants to show you all the progress she has made in the domain of magic. I think that the reason she studies so hard, is to impress you. Shadow Heart is now been accepted in the Mages University and he has passed the test like he had promised you in the last letter.

Cadance is now, officially, dating one of the guards, you know the one called Shining Armor? She has moved in with him in a little house that I had given them last week. Now she’s trying to convince me to name him the Captain of my Guard.

Onyx wiped a tear from his eye. Reading these words, was like a dream come true.

As for Blueblood, he’s still the same, Cadance and I, (well more like Cadance... it is her talent.) have tried several times to match him with a mare who could teach him how to take care of the others, but it’s seem that the only thing he loves, is himself. Philomena (not the plush) is near to the end of her life, I think in 3 years she will reborn.

As for myself... Well, I miss you Onyx... We haven’t seen each other for the past 10 years and it’s really hard for me to not break the promise you made me do. I know that your training is hard, and that you need to travel through out the Gryphon Empire to learn all that you need to know... Heh, heh, now I’m crying. At least Twilight is with me for now... The next part will be written by her...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hello Onyx,

Like I have promise you, I still have Captain Philomena hidden somewhere. Seems kind of odd to say that, now that we’re not young anymore, like before... Spike says ‘Hi’ to you too... I know that you’ve never meet him before, but I’m sure that the both of you will be friends when you will meet him.

Now that my B.B.B.F.F had left the family house to go live with my foalsister, I feel a little alone, so I pass the time by reading all the books in the royal library. I have learned many things but unfortunately, I could not find the spell I could use to talk to you, I told to about in the last letter... I wish we could see each other soon... And I can’t wait for your next letter, even if they’re really short... You should take more time for that, you know.

Your Friend Forever,

Twilight Sparkle.

It’s me again son, I will send you a package with a gift in it, when it’s your birthday comes. I hope you’ll like it... Please take care of yourself... I really miss you Onyx...

Love, Your Mother,

Celestia.
______________________________________________________________________________

Onyx read the letter two or three more times before he folded it up, then put it in one of his pockets, he silently cried the entire time he was reading it, and the gray pegasus had stayed with him the entire time.

“..M-miss... C-could you please give a message to Celestia?...” The gray pegasus nodded and pull out a sheet of paper and a pen from her saddlebag.

“Could you tell her... that... That I’m coming home and that my... Training is finished... Please

Author's Note:

here we go,,,,

i have make a second story called the tales of prince onyx clop version....

only one chapter have been post and it's a future chapter...i mean that what it is telling is not already happened here (should be in 2 chapter)

have fun

PreviousChapters Next