• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 32,658 Views, 4,346 Comments

The Tales of Prince Onyx - Stanislas



[Celestia found a human baby in her garden and decided to keep it.]

  • ...
299
 4,346
 32,658

PreviousChapters Next
13-The escape

Chapter 13

The escape

21st of Gryflius, 997 Years After N.M.M.

“He’s over there! Don’t let him get away!” A group of Gryphons were running in the street of Altair, the capital of the Gryphon Empire. The moon was in the sky and it’s pale light was illuminating the city. The freezing, cold air of the mountain howled over their heads, and the fact that it’s the Gryflius month, the fountain that was in the main place had frozen.

“You two, you’ll go block the main entrance of the city, you are with me, we will catch this dirty rat.” Then the commander, followed by 4 other Gryphons, ran between the houses of the city, until one of the guards spotted a shadow climbing it way up the wall that encircled the city.

“Commander over there!” The guard yelled, he took out his crossbow and aimed at the shadow, but before he could shoot the shadow the commander slapped the weapon away and the bolt shot up into the sky.

“No! The Emperor wants him alive, we’ll use the net.” One of the Gryphons took out another crossbow, but this one instead of a bolt, there was a small net attached to the bolt.

“Don’t miss him, I want to finish this as soon possible, my wife is waiting after me.” The Gryphon laughed and shot.

“Don’t worry commander, I never miss my shot.” he said with a smirk. The net flew across the sky, and like the Gryphon had said, it got the shadow on the wall. When the commander and his group finally reached the base of the wall, they saw the shadow trying to get off the net of him.

“So, you tried to run away from your father again, huh Onyx? Maybe next time, you’ll finally able to at least reach the gate of the city.” They all laughed at the little joke, Onyx who’s on the ground in the net, spat on the face of commander.

“He is not my father. He’s just a tyrant that keeps me here for his own purpose.” The commander wiped his face of spit and punched the ex-prince of Equestria. The soldiers then picked him up and escorted him back to his room, but before they could move him, the Gryphon approached Onyx and whispered in his ear.

“If it was me and not the Emperor, I would cut your little arms off and let you bleed to death and then throw your body off this mountain and watch it crash at the base of the mountain. You’re lucky that the Emperor still thinks he can make you one of us.” Onyx was not listening to him, and spat in the Gryphons face once again, which the commander answered back by hitting the head of Onyx with the base of his crossbow. Onyx’s vision started to dissipate from the beatings he was taking and he fell unconscious

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th of Heart Warming, 987 Years After N.M.M., 3 months after Onyx had left Canterlot

.

Three months, it’s been three months since Onyx had seen his mother or his friends. Yes he was writing letters to Celestia and Twilight, but now Hearth’s Warming Eve is coming in one week and he wants to go see them, and this is why he was in the throne room, waiting for the Emperor to meet him.

“Onyx... Ha, ha, ha, ha, what are you doing here, I heard that you wanted to ask me something... So ask me.” The Gryphon Emperor said with a deep voice, Onyx rose up from his seat and bowed to him, like the emperor wanted.

“Yes, I was wondering if I could go see my mother this week, it will be Hearth’s Warming Eve and I would like to see her for the occasion.” The Gryphon immediately lost his smile, and his piercing look fell on Onyx.

“I already told you, you can’t return to Canterlot, your not ready yet, a-and it’s too dangerous.”

“But... but I have done all that you have wanted since I’ve been here. I given my best on every task you ask me to achieve, and I never whine about it, even when it was hard, please Mister Gryffin, just this once.” The Emperor, frustrated by the fact that Onyx is still arguing with him decided to punish him.

“So you really want to go see your dear mom if I understand... right?” Onyx thought the Emperor had changed his mind because he was smiling.

“Yes, and I promise to come back after.”

“Good... but before, we should send a letter to your mom right away, this way she could come here and take you with her... Come back here with your things and bring all your scrolls, we want this letter to be perfect. I will wait here to help you with it.”

Onyx quickly ran to his room, and took his backpack that Cadance had given him before he came here, inside his backpack he had all his stuff that he had written to his mother and all the letters he’d got from her and Twilight. When he finally returned to the throne room, the emperor was waiting for him beside the fireplace, where a new fire was made.

“Come here, it’s always better to write besides a good fire, it helps to clear the mind.” he said showing a little table and a seat near him. Onyx put his backpack on the table and took a seat.

“Did you bring all your stuff? It would be a shame if you need to return to your room and leave this comfortable spot, right?” Onyx nodded and tried to take his backpack but before he could reach it, the Emperor swiftly took it from him, then he held it above the fire.

“Hey! What are you doing!? It will catch on fire if you do that!” Onyx said, trying to take it back but the Gryphon only pushed him away.

“Listen to me Onyx, I will teach you a new thing called ‘taking something hostage’ you see I don’t want you to leave my city and you, you don’t want your precious bag to go in this fire right?” Onyx only nodded, tears falling down from his eyes.

“Good, so the principle of taking something hostage is to make a deal, if you stay in this castle and don’t ask again to leave this castle, I will not let your bag fall in this fire... Do you understand?”

“YES! Yes I understand. Please give it back... Please mister Gryffin, I won’t ask you to go out again.” Onyx was in tears, and pleading with the Gryphon to give him his backpack, he felt his stomach knot up when he saw the backpack starting to get scorch marks.

“Good, good... You see it’s not hard to understand... Oh, and one last thing... Never trust your opponent.” Then he dropped the backpack in the fire.

“NOOOOO!!” Onyx tried to get it out of the fire, but the Gryphon blocked him.

Author's Note:

The next couple chapter will be like this one, then it's will return like before

we have lost like 40 brony on this story.....well now i know who really liked it.

Cover art soon!!!!!!!

ho maybe i will need to change the name of Gryffin the gryphon (i got asked by blackwings to change it)

PreviousChapters Next