• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 3,522 Views, 237 Comments

The Mad Mojavian Adventures of Courier 6 and Pinkie pie - Edmar Fecler



Pinkie Pie and Courier 6 have several crazy, fun adventures in their journey across the Mojave

  • ...
15
 237
 3,522

Chapter 3

The Legion scout kneeled atop the crest of the slope. He scanned the area below keenly, never removing his eye from the sights of his marksman carbine. All there was to see was a crashed rocket ship, a deactivated Mr. Gutsy, and a pile of rocks several yards away from the ship. Not seeing any enemies, the scout held up his hand and signaled his companions to move up. The scout stood up as his three companions joined him at the crest. The four of them exchanged looks from behind their head gear before moving down the slope.

The two veterans and the scout kept their weapons raised and continued to scan their surroundings as they followed the legionary assassin, who approached the smoking ship rather calmly. He looked over the vessel as he drew nearer. When he found himself a few feet from the ship he stopped and eyed the open hatch warily. After motioning for the others to hold their ground he cautiously stuck his head inside the hatch and looked around. Finding it to be empty, he brought his head back out and turned to the others.

“Remain vigilant, men. We do not know if that robot was the only passenger aboard this craft. Search the surrounding area and notify me if you find anything.”

-

“Do you really want me to say that? It’s a pretty mean thing to say.”

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun! You like that, right? Just do as I said and this’ll go smooth as… um…” Jacks paused as he tried to remember the next part of the saying.

“Silk?”

“Yea, that. …wait, what’s silk?” Pinkie giggled. “Actually, it can wait. It’s almost show-time…”

-

The assassin knelt down and picked up an over turned metal pan. Even though sand caked much of the material on its inside, he could still recognize that it had had once contained food from the remaining crust and red goop. He looked back down to where he had picked it up and looked over the other half dozen pans. The sand beside the pans was shifted and disfigured, like someone had been sitting.

Judging from the tracks surrounding the rocket it was safe to assume that they had not been the first ones there. Several sets of tracks could easily be identified as boots, but others… others seemed different, like nothing he had ever seen. The initial imprints were oval, yet they had a U-shape that imprinted slightly deeper. His concentration was broken, however, when the called out to him.

“Sir, the tracks lead off in that direction,” the scout said, pointing to the pile of rocks.

“Bomb!” One of the veterans shouted frantically as he spotted a half buried block of C4 beside the rocket.

The assassin reeled around to the veteran and was about to say something, but he was cut short as two voices met his hears.

“SURPRISE MUTHA-FUCKAS!” Jacks and Pinkie shouted in unison as they lumped out from behind the rocks, their arms raised and excited expressions on their faces. The four Legionaries spun around and raised their weapons to shoot, but by then Jacks had already pulled the trigger on the detonator.

The C4 block, including four others that were buried around the rocket, exploded simultaneously in a tremendous explosion. However, Jacks had overlooked a key element when he had set the trap.

The rocket ship had a nuclear powered fuel cell.

The secondary explosion was exponentially more powerful, sending out a blisteringly hot shockwave that even knocked Jacks back a few feet. The four legionaries were engulfed in the flames before their bodies were sent hurtling in different directions.

The scout impacted with the pile of rocks, crushing numerous bones in his already lifeless body. One of the veterans landed in the sand near where Jacks had been knocked too, while the other was sent flying back over the slope’s crest. The Assassin, on the other hand, landed on his back at the bottom of the slope.

Pinkie, who had somehow remained in place and standing up straight, opened her eyes and looked up to the mushroom cloud that had once been the rocket. Her jaw fell in awe as she took in the sight of such raw, destructive power. She could feel a warmth growing inside her as she continued staring at it, unwavering. It was a new feel for her, filled with some kind of overpowering alien happiness, as she might have said. In actuality, however, the feeling was most likely the radiation being emitted from the blast, but she didn’t know that.

She was so drawn in by the sight that she didn’t notice when Jacks stepped up beside her.

“Well that was unexpected.” He looked down to Pinkie. Her face and body that had been facing the blast was black, and her mane and tail were sticking straight out like she had been in a wind tunnel. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the cartoonish picture.

“Yea, it really is a life changing experience to see your first atomic explosion,” He continued, looking up at the mushroom cloud. “It’s surprising how such an overwhelmingly destructive force can be so beautiful. And, while this isn’t as big as they come, I’d say it’s about as big as a mini-nuke.”

After a second or two of looking at the blast, Jacks heard a clanking sound and turned around. ED-E, who had been knocked out by the blast, rebooted his systems and lifted himself off the ground. After taking a moment to regain his bearings he floated over to Jacks’ side opposite of Pinkie.

“You ok there buddy?” Jacks asked, showing his concern. The eyebot nodded and beeped a brief systems diagnosis.

“Ok, good.” Jacks nodded and looked back to Pinkie, who had still not wavered from her position. “…How about you? Are you ok?”

No response. Jacks stepped in front of her before leaning down to look her in the eye.

“Ello? Anyone home?” he asked as he poked her in the forehead. Still nothing. “Think we might have lost her ED-E.”

Jacks stood back up and stroked the scruff on his chin as he thought. Suddenly an idea came to him, causing him to snap his fingers. A devious grin spread across his face as he leaned over again.

“Alright Pinkie, you’ve left me no choice.”

He extended his hands to where they were nearly touching the pony’s exposed sides. After pausing to see if Pinkie would protest, Jacks began tickling Pinkie’s ribs. Her response was immediate, and she burst into uncontrollable laughter as she fell over. Jacks mercilessly continued his tickling barrage on the pony, as tears began to stream from her eyes.

“I GIVE! I GIVE!” Pinkie squealed between bursts of laughter. Jacks retracted his hands and stood up straight, grinning cheekily down at Pinkie as she recovered from her tickling.

“Sorry, but you were unresponsive,” jacks said with a chuckle.

Pinkie sat up and shook her head, which somehow made the black stuff disappear and return her mane to its former curliness. She looked up at Jacks and beamed.

“I haven’t had a tickling that good in a while!”

“Heh. Well, it really helps when you have fingers,” continued Jacks as he wriggled his gloved fingers. Pinkie giggled at him.

Her smile shrunk, however, when she looked at the mushroom cloud as it dissipated. She stood up on all fours and shook the rest of the black stuff off before walking over to the smoldering crater that the explosion had left in its wake.

“Something the matter?” Jacks said, taking notice of the pony’s obvious shift in moods.

“It’s just…” she paused. “How am I going to get home now?”

“Oh, right…” Jacks rubbed the back of his neck. “Yea, I didn’t really think it would explode. Sorry about that,” he concluded, sounding genuinely sorry.

ED-E beeped neutrally. “--Well what did you think would happen when you put five packs of C4 around it?--”

Jacks shot ED-E a glance that now wasn’t the time before looking back to the pink pony. Pinkie suddenly turned to Jacks, a completely serious look on her face.

“Guess you owe me a spaceship.”

Jacks shrugged. “Guess so. But in the meantime, we really should get outta’ here. No doubt whoever was already on their way to investigate the crash saw the explosion.”

Pinkie’s smile returned. “Yay! I love road trips. I’ll get my bag of goodies!”

“Yea, you do that. Keep in mind I haven’t tried anything other than the pies yet, would ya’?”

Pinkie nodded before trotting over to the pile of rocks. She stopped for a moment to look over the scout’s broken, bleeding corpse and cringed before going behind the rocks and tossing the sack on her back. Once she returned to where Jacks and ED-E were she looked up to Jacks.

“Lead the way, Gunny McKickass!”

Jacks laughed at the nickname. He could tell that he was going to like having Pinkie around. As the three began to walk around the crater to avoid any remaining radiation, a painful moan could be heard. They stopped and looked around for the source of the noise. After a few seconds of eying the area Jacks noticed the legionary assassin moving his arm.

Jacks snarled at the sight. “ED-E, take Pinkie past the ridge. I’ll deal with this.”

“But-” protested Pinkie, to no avail.

“Go on Pinkie. I’ll catch up.”

The eyebot led Pinkie past the deceased assassin and up the slope before vanishing over the crest. Jacks, on the other hand, walked up to the crippled assassin and looked him over. His left leg had been ripped off from the explosion’s force, and his right shoulder and arm were extremely mangled. His helmet, as well as other pieces of his armor, had also been ripped away by the blast. The assassin, noticing Jacks’ presence, leaned his head up to try and get a better view.

“You…” he whispered through the blood in his mouth.

Jacks smirked at the sight. “Well well well, another assassin and his band of legionary lackeys sent out to kill me.”

“Your crimes against Caesar’s Legion shall not go unpunished. By killing me, you only further seal your fate.”

Jacks squatted down at the assassin’s side and stared him in the eye. “You wanna’ know what’s sad? …It’s that you actually think that’s true.”

The assassin tried to spit at Jacks, but the angle was wrong. However, the combined factors of poor angle as well as lack in velocity caused the wad of bloody spit to fall back into the assassin’s eye, causing him to cry out in pain and anger. Jacks smirked at the failed gesture and stood up.

“Pathetic. Just like the rest of your band of bastards.” He pulled the Anti-material rifle off his back and aimed the barrel in-between the assassin’s eyes. “When you get to hell, tell them Courier Six sent you.”

-

Pinkie jumped when a loud bang echoed out from over the ridge. She stopped and looked back, worried that Jacks might have been hurt. After a moment, though, Jacks crested the ridge and walked to where Pinkie and ED-E were waiting. Pinkie’s relieved smile faltered slightly when she saw scattered droplets of fresh blood scattered across Jacks’ cape and armor. Jacks, on the other hand, looked down to the pony and smiled, ruffling her poomfy mane a bit.

Their gaze broke as they both looked out across the rocky desert from where they stood at a particularly high place in the mountain range. The terrain was uneven and rocky in places, while relatively flat in others. The occasional house or shack could be seen on the flatter parts, but one sight had the most impact, even on Jacks. In the distance, a series of tall structures could be seen as the sun began to lower in the sky. One in particular, the tallest to be exact, seemed to feel symbolic for whatever reason.

“New Vegas and districts. Never before has there been such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.” Jacks looked down at the pony again and grinned. “We must be cautious.”

Author's Note:

This isnt too much gore to need a mature rating, is it?