• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 1,059 Views, 7 Comments

Birth of a Royal - kittycats9



This is the story behind the birth of a foal to the small royal family... Who's foal is it? Read on.

  • ...
11
 7
 1,059

Prologue

"...You are now mare and colt!" cried Princess Celestia. She smiled down at her navy blue sister, who was kissing a handsome purple pegesus. "Always, we will be together... Always..." the stallion whispered as he nuzzled Princess Luna. "Always..." she replied softly.

They both returned home to the castle, Luna's dress slightly tore at one corner and her new husband's suit dirtied. They had both had a tad too much champagne. Luna looked over at her husband, who'd fallen asleep half on, half-off the pretty feather bed. She sighed and laid down herself. Soon, she fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Luna awoke to being embraced by her husband, Glowing Dusk. She lovingly nuzzled him and whispered, "Soon, the time..."

The following night, they were snuggling. Time passed in a flick. The night seemed to drag on evermore, yet it went past in a heartbeat. She whispered, "I must lower the moon." to Glowing, then did so.
After lowering the large, celestial rock, she returned to her husband. They cuddled a bit more and fell asleep in each other's hooves. All was well...

[Incompleted.]