• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 581 Views, 13 Comments

No More Tears - Nexuskld



two very different filies discover the power of friendship, self confidence and, perserveaence

  • ...
 13
 581

Memories (D1)

Dewdrop trembled in the darkness. For the past ten minutes, she had tried to use the disguised lever to open the passageway, but it was stuck in place. Terrified, she tried pushing up against the solid stone door, but with no success.

Whimpering slightly, Dewdrop took a small step forward, wincing at the loud echo her hooves made against the solid floor. Step by step, she made her way deeper into the seemingly endless dark gaining just enough confidence to pick up the pace to a walk. After what seemed like hours had passed, Dewdrop started to get tired. Hesitantly, she lay down and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Dewdrop woke to sob-choked screams. She dashed downstairs into the mansion’s main hall as fast as her little hooves would carry her, only to be stopped by her foalsitter, Tender Heart. As Tender Heart tried to hold her back, she could see the fear in her foalsitter’s eyes.

Now more desperate than ever, Dewdrop ran around her hysterical foalsitter and headed for the screaming. When she reached the top of the grand staircase leading down to the main hall, she stopped.

At the bottom of the stairs in the middle of the hall was her mother, crying over her father’s unconscious body. "Mommy?" whispered Dewdrop. Her mother whipped around and stared at her with terror in her eyes. On the floor behind her mother, Dewdrop could see two pairs of horribly broken wings.

Dewdrop awoke on the cold stone floor of the dark passageway. Her eyes were brimmed with tears as she stood up and continued walking down the pitch black corridor. Now, she was less afraid of the dark than her memories.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter was so short everypony. I Realize that Dewdrop was not a very interesting character so i wrote this small chapter hopefully to add some more depth to her personality than is shown in the previous chapter. These short chapters might become very common in my story. I'm hoping to use them to show a little bit more of an individual characters conflict or personality without having to find a way to cram it in to next weeks chapter. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns please let me know in the comments, post a comment on my page, or send me a message and i will be sure
to get back to you. Thank you

-Nexus