• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 4,898 Views, 135 Comments

Guided Rhythm - Valshe



What would you do if you woke up and found yourself transformed into a famous DJ?

  • ...
15
 135
 4,898

The Start of a Journey

Chapter 2: The Start of a Journey
_________________

The sound of that car door made me so nervous to the point that I was shaking. How the hell would he to react to me suddenly transformed into Vinyl Scratch? My mind rushed through all the possible outcomes that could happen upon seeing my new form, none of which looked good. However, there was no turning back now. Luis had showed up and had started knocking on the door. As soon as I heard that knocking on the door, my nervousness changed into full on panic. What was I going to do? It was then that a thought, no, a voice came to my head.

“You gotta face this head on! You can do this!”

I didn’t know why, but that voice suddenly calmed me down and gave me the courage to get out of the bathroom and to go to the front door. I trotted out of the bathroom and into the living room. From this new perspective, everything seemed so surreal. The archway leading to the kitchen seemed like walking underneath the St. Louis Gateway Arch. Even though that was just an exaggeration, it felt that much bigger to me. The leather sofa and recliners were not taller than me by a full foot, and the TV was literally twice as big as me, but I was quickly brought out of my trance when the knocking at the door got louder.

I trotted up to the door and got up on my hind legs to try and open it. It was really hard to open it with my hooves, so I tried to open it with my mouth. I bit down on the knob, but my teeth kept sliding off of the knob. I tried and tried again, but each time I failed. So, reluctantly, I was forced to use magic. I took a few steps back to brace myself for the tiring experience of using magic.

I focused my energy into my horn and imagined in my head the door opening wide. After so much focusing, the door opened a little bit. That was probably the most tiring experience ever. I actually had to sit down because it took so much out of me. After opening the front door, I climbed up on the leather couch and sat down.

“Come....in...” I had said between panted breaths.

The door opened up and my friend Luis had walked in. At first, he didn’t see me on the couch because by then, I had laid down on it, but he was quite surprised by the unknown female voice he heard.

“Hey Gage, since when did you get a lady friend?” He said before he chuckled at that statement. He was always like that, joking around whenever he could.

Oh, if only it was actually like that. I had rolled my eyes at that statement before finally lifting my head over the back of the sofa. He was taking a look around to see where I was, completely unaware of the small pony making eye contact with him. When he looked toward my direction, I had said, “No, I became the lady!”

To say he was startled by that would have been the understatement of the century. Luis was so startled by that he jumped back and slammed himself into the wall behind him. I can see the look on his face. It was a mix of fright, shock, and bewilderment. It looked kind of cliche to be honest. As he tried to comprehend just what he was seeing, I can hear him stutter, “Y....Y....Y...You can’t be serious, right?”

I had slumped over the back of the sofa and said, “I wish this was just some weird dream or a sick practical joke, but this is what you see. I suddenly became DJ Pon-3. I don’t even know how it happened...I just...woke up like this. There would be no way in hell that I would ever WANT to get rid of my masculinity.”

Luis just stood there, trying to comprehend just what he was seeing. One of his best friends had just turned into a pony. A DJ Pon-3 to be exact. After about a minute of an awkward silence between the two of us, I had finally broken it by finally stating the real reason why I messaged him to come over. Well, I needed to get to New York after all, and he was the only person I can trust who can drive.

“Well, I didn’t call you over here just to show you how I now look. The real reason I had called you over is because...well...I’ll just be blunt here. I need to get to New York. I can’t afford a plane ticket and you can drive.”

After I told him why I had him come over, he contemplated on what he should do. He sat down on the same sofa I was sitting in and begun to think. After about five minutes of indecisiveness, he finally spoke.

“Well...Alright, just be thankful that I recently finished by college classes.”

He was always really easy to convince, but I was surprised he agreed to a trip to New York! When he said that, I was so overjoyed that I hugged him so hard his face started turning blue. Upon seeing him look like a smurf, I let go of him. I couldn’t help it; I actually had a ride to New York! I’ll be able to undo what has happened to me....or so I assumed. Even though I wasn’t exactly sure what was up in New York, I was pretty sure it had the answers to all of my questions. Well, there was only one way to find out.

As we finally got everything together, we walked outside. The outside world looked so much bigger. The storage building next to my house looked taller. It was now a skyscraper to me. The field across the street looked so much larger now. From a new perspective, everything was so much different! When we reached the doors to Luis’s car, I had a hard time opening the car door. As we all know, car doors weren’t made with hooves in mind, so you can guess how well that went.

I tried opening the door by grabbing it between my front hooves and pulling. My hooves only slid off of the handle. I tried to fit my mouth around the door handle. Because of my new height and center of gravity, it was near-impossible for me. I even tried magic, but I tired out before I could even get to open it. It was at the eleventh attempt to open the car door that Luis opened the window and I jumped in through it, Dukes of Hazard style.

After I got in the car, I had a hard time trying buckle myself up for the ride. Sure, I could have used magic to just buckle myself up, but I was too tired to even try that. Magic takes a lot out of me, so I wasn’t going to try any magic any time soon. So, after trying to find the least awkward sitting position, I was finally able to ask Luis to help me with the seatbelt.

Okay, let me pause right here for a moment and tell you how the current scene is. I am in a silver prius. Inside the car is a my friend Luis, a mexican with black curly hair and glasses who’s wearing a shirt with Rainbow Dash’s silhouette that says “20% Cooler” and basic blue jeans. Next to him is Vinyl Scratch, wearing her signature glasses and also wearing a black shirt with a red Dalek on it. On that shirt, is the word “Exterminate”. Also, Vinyl is wearing black shorts, but they are almost long enough to be considered pants. And finally, she has a laptop case slung over her as a makeshift saddlebag. Got it? Good, because I won’t be explaining it again, ever.

After getting situated with the seatbelt, we had begun to leave my house. As I took one last look at my house, many thoughts came rushing through my mind.

“I’m basically running away from home.”

“I’m never going to return here again for a long while.”

“I wonder how New York is like?”

“Is the Trump Tower as big as they say it is?”

Well, my thoughts were scrambling everywhere, so a few random thoughts popped up as well, though I was quickly brought out of that thought process whenever we actually started to get on the road. We began driving down the quiet street towards our ultimate destination. It was going to be a long drive, but luckily, we had my MP3 and an AV cord to hook up to his car’s speakers, so we weren’t forced to listen to the radio and its overplayed music. As we drove down the road, another thought came to my mind. It would get boring with just the two of us driving to New York, so I decided that we needed to pick up one more person.

“Luis, we need one more person to help us out with the drive to New York.” I said in a deadpan-ish voice.

He looked at me with some confusion and asked me, “Who are you talking about?”

I had looked at him with a grin on my face, “Why, obviously our good friend Merille!”

Luis had agreed with me, and so we made the journey to my friend Merille’s house. We had to take a small detour since his house was a bit out of the way. It wasn’t long before we got to his house. We had parked just outside on the side of the road and Luis told me that we should give him a call. Since I had hooves, there was no way I could use my cell phone, since everything was on a touch screen and I lacked a stylus. So Luis had to make the call for me.

It wasn’t much longer before we saw the white garage door to the orange brick house open up. Appearing from behind the garage door was my friend Merille. He had short, blonde hair and a stubble. He was wearing a T-shirt that had the Skyrim logo on it, along with blue jeans and old, white sneakers. He approached the door to the the Prius and when he looked through the open window, the look on his face was priceless.

He stood there, looking at me with the most dumbfounded look on his face. The first thing that he has said upon seeing me was, “Is that a talking pony in your car, or am I just drunk and just seeing things?” His look continued to dart back and forth between me and Luis before I finally spoke up.

“No, you aren’t drunk, and there is certainly is a talking pony in Luis’s car. Also, I know you don’t recognize me in this form, but it’s me! Your old pal Gage!” I had the biggest grin on my face as I saw his reaction.

Merille’s jaw dropped at that statement. He looked at me with that look and had said, “Bullshit....” I then laughed a little before saying, “No. It’s me, and I can prove it by one simple task. As you know, you are the only other person who knows the password to my laptop. Now, just let me get my lappy and I’ll show you that I’ll be able to access it!”

With Luis’s help, I was able to pull out my laptop and power it back up. Merille’s face was shocked whenever I typed the password to it with no problems whatsoever. As I looked back up to him, I gave him a serious look and said, “Now do you believe me?” He looked at me and simply nodded. Though, after that, he started asking me a series of questions. The first thing he asked me was, “How did you become a talking pony?”

To tell you the truth, I never really thought of that. How did it happen, or better yet, why did I become this? I didn’t have an answer for that one, so I said what I normally say in times of uncertainty, “Eh, shit happens.” Merille just simply shrugged and accepted that answer.

The second thing he asked me was, “So, you came all the way here just to show me what you became? Or is there something else?”

I had nodded and said, “Actually, there is something else. You see, Luis and I are about to go on a great journey...One worthy of the bards to sing throughout the times to come!” I then made a dramatic pause, “Actually, we’re going to New York, and we want you to come along.” Luckily, he kept up with current events and knew the severity of the situation at hand, so he agreed to come along with us.

The third and final question he asked was, “So, one final thing. Are you even prepared for a trip all the way to New York?”

I then thought about that. We weren’t really prepared for a long trip like that. We probably could last a couple of hours, much less a long road trip to New York. Then it hit me. We needed supplies, and we needed to be cheap. There’s only one place where we could save money.

My face lit up and said, “No, but we can get prepared. We need supplies, and what other place sells everything in one store besides Wal-Mart?” I then looked at my wallet. I had four hundred and fifty bucks. With the money Luis and Merille have, we had a grand total of seven hundred bucks. So, we had enough money to get us prepared for a long ride.

I looked at my friends and yelled at the top of my lungs, “TO THE WALL MARKET!”