• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 16,782 Views, 482 Comments

A Dragon's Wake - Cold Spike



A young human child wakes up in the dragon lands as a dragon, following some unforseen consequenes..

  • ...
50
 482
 16,782

Epilogue: A Friendship Lesson

"Um, I don’t know about this, guys," Twilight said, watching two ponies and a human smile at her.

"Ah, c’mon, Twi. The friendship report was your idea," Spike said with his arms crossed.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, but I typically… No, I don’t write them with two people at once!"

Spyro scratched his head. "What do I write exactly?"

She sighed. "Just whatever is in your heart. You two and myself can switch off, I suppose.

Pinkie, Trixie and Spyro looked at each other and then shrugged. After about fifteen minutes of debating, they had finally written it. Twilight added a line of her own and a few grammar fixes to Spyros part, then had Spike send it off.


Princess Celestia was sipping tea along with her sister. "So, sister, have you heard from your student lately? I’m curious how young Spyro is doing."

She shook her head. "No, Luna. It is a bit odd. Perhaps I should…" A swift noise, followed by a rolled up parchment materialized in front of them. "Oh! Well, speak of the devil."

Luna clapped her hooves. "Open it, do it! Now! I command thee!"

Celestia deadpanned. "Really?" Luna blushed and Celestia slowly opened the letter.

Dear Princess Celestia,

It’s me, Spyro. I think I learned a lot about friends. See, I was feeling left out in Ponyville, only a few ponies wanted to be near me. Then I met a pony. Her name is Trixie. She offered me lessons in magic if I gave her food, then I wondered why she needed it. No one wanted her in their city or town, she had made a mistake in Ponyville with Twilight and soon everyone heard about it. She was lost and scared, so I offered to help. At first, she didn’t want help from Twilight, but after I told her she could trust her then she opened up. After a… crazy scheme that didn’t work we ended up putting on a free show for the town! Our plan was to get ponies to see that Trixie was a good pony. Trixie is amazing, she can perform illusions like you did only she doesn’t need memories. She barely read the Daring Do book and was soon bringing it to life, after that the town trusted her again. They saw she was sorry and they saw she was a good pony. Friendship is weird, I don’t think it has a real defa definition. But I sure like it and so does Trixie. Also, I’m doing good. I became human again and I can somehow switch back and forth! I feel great even! I love my my new mom and I love this world!

Spyro.

"Human again? How?"

"Lulu… I have no idea. I have faith my student is studying it right now though, perhaps it is best we don’t question it."

"Won’t the townsponies panic?!"

Celestia giggled. "While it is true our little ponies often over panic, I think Twilight would have informed me of a problem by now. He is a just a child, besides."

"True. I wonder what he looks like now."

"I’m sure we'll find out in time."

Another letter came into existence. "Another?"

Dear Princess,

Hello, this is Trixie Lulamoon. I’m not quite sure what to write here, but Twilight insisted I try. I suppose I learned that no matter how many doors you close, there will always be more to open. I had wronged your student and her friends, humiliated them (and my self). She forgave me and so did her friends, eventually the town did as well. I suppose most of all, I learned to never underestimate somepony, be it the most magical pony in history (seriously you taught her well) or the smallest human.

Trixie Lulamoon.

"I could get used to these reports…" Luna tapped a hoof under her chin, Celestia watching her curiously. "The positive attitude they contain is a breath of fresh air from the cynical bigots we deal with all day."

"Lulu, they are not all bigots. As—"

"Perhaps I shall get my own student!" Celestia’s eyes bulged out of her sockets. "Yes, I’ll have to go searching though…"

"I—" She was interrupted again by a third note. This one she knew came from her student. She sighed and smiled, unrolling it quickly.

Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,

I’m sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I know you weren’t exactly pleased with me on my last visit. It’s in the past though. I’m glad you stood by my decision in the end. I know you just want what’s best for me and, of course, for Spyro in that case. In his letter, he informed you that he is now human again. I cannot fully explain this, but perhaps it doesn’t matter. There seems to be no harm in his transformation and he’s happy with things the way they are. You said Star Swirl came from a world with magic and Spyro came from one without, but perhaps Spyro’s did have magic. That Is just a guess though. Feel free to correct me if you can figure it out. Believe it or not, though, Spyro can now switch back to being a dragon at will. He prefers not to though. He likes being himself more and I think we all like him that way too. He still has his magic and he is living happily with Pinkie Pie. He has friends and a family in the form of the Pie’s. He now goes to school, as you know, and is very intelligent. His magic knows no limits. Given enough time he could surpass my own. I’m proud of him as my first student.

Claws is doing well too. He has taken quite a liking to the Apple family. He can be quite helpful around town, just like Spike. Anyway, I would write a lesson about friendship here, but Trixie and Spyro said everything I wanted to say. I’m looking forward to seeing you both in a week.

"Well, that sort of answers that… Why does she get a student and not me?!"

Flashbacks to a nightmarish time when her sister was really her little sister flooded through Celestia’s mind. Temper tantrums in adult form would not be fun. "Lulu… Oh, nevermind."

The End

Author's Note:

So I would like to thank Skultech for sticking with me this whole time and editing this story. I also want to thank theRedBrony because he has always been there for me with helpful advice and usually ends up fixing my stories for me. Also Albert Manhattan helped me out near the end. I also want to thank my readers!

So here it is, the story is finished! To those who were hoping for some grand epic, sorry, I can't force a story or it will end up a stale read. I am aware that this story more than likely has grammar mistakes littered throughout and I plan on going through each chapter to fix those. I probably will end up putting the story on lulu for fun just like I did The Tale of Saving Grace, but it may be a while since I have to fix mistakes and work on new stories! Anyway, thank you for sticking with this story for so long, hopefully the ending is not too disappointing to all of you!

Comments ( 95 )

:applejackunsure:

Well, that was quick, but... okay I guess

Was it? I think the story went on for a good while, I explained basically everything and filled in as much as I could... I don't think any ending in history is perfect either. 3962365

This is complete I now must read it

...Excellent. I feel this deserves...'The Vault'. The place where only the greatest of the greatest stories I have read go.

3963264 Remember that 'The Vault' is separated into two sections. The quality has to be high enough just to get in there...But there's a secret section that if you find, holds the greatest fanfiction in the world. You have made it into 'The Vault' Section 7-C, with a score of 85%.

Note: 'The Vault' is made for fanfiction only. If one is found lying on the floor in a stupor, please notify a hospital immediately and have genitals checked for extreme orgasm. Hidden Section 8-A 'The Vault's Hidden Collection' is an extreme risk to those with prior history of literature-diabetics. Please use responsibly.

edit: Sorry...trying to be creative here. That being said, it's very good, and is in my list of personal favorites.

That was a simple oversight by me, however we saw arcade machines. While the artists of the show made it look like modern arcades so a child would get the connection, it could be that they are actually very simple machines like we had before digital machines (I'd look them up, but I'm a bit lazy).

Besides, why would a crazy captain know of video games anyway? Also it could be they call video games something different in Equestria and Spyro simply did not know the pun :rainbowwild: 3963434

I probably will not do one, however I almost had redone this story with a girl character instead of a boy. I wrote some of that and I may write that up (it had an entirely different story with a similar beginning). 3963626

I quite liked this story. It was neat, cute and didn't just go on and on aimlessly.

Was a nice story. I enjoyed it very much. :twilightsmile:

3964016 everything turns out Okay...

3964007 thanks, what I was going for!

3964993 I would say Great Success then :twilightsmile:

Welp another editing adventure is over for me. And BOY was it a doozy. :pinkiecrazy:
Seriously though the grammar mistakes he made in the beginning. :trixieshiftleft:
During these last 2 chapters I almost felt useless, not much to edit anymore. :pinkiesad2:
Also Cold Spike unknowingly made our relationship cannon

Twilight added a line of her own and a few grammar fixes to Spyros part, then had Spike send it off.

Lol, I remembered you so I added that part. Plus it would make sense that a child would make mistakes... or me :rainbowlaugh: 3965567

Well it was a fun ride, and now its time to close the book.

However, I can't help but feel it just sorta....stopped. Like, the story itself went on for a while, and it was awesome and had alot of potential, but the story still felt like it was in the "rising action" part until halfway through chapter 17, and then took a nose dive into the "resolution".

also, the "turning human" thing at the end seems kinda Deus-Ex-Machina:ajbemused:

It was, read the chapter title of 16 :rainbowlaugh:

Sorry if you feel cheated. Like I said before, I could have made this one huge epic and kept it going. But I had no other plots, I had no other ideas and I sure as well wasn't going to force a story out! I'll admit I don't do the best endings, but so long as you all enjoyed the ride does it matter?

Also, did you enjoy the story? :rainbowhuh:

If it makes you feel any better I probably will end up writing this other idea of mine where a girl turns into a dragon and meets up with Daring Do, eventually ending up in Ponyville some how. Kind of trying a new thing only keeping it sort of the same. 3967908

3967942 Yeah, it was a pretty good story, it just feels like it ended FAR too prematurely...:applecry:

As far as more plots (if you want it) you could always pull the classic "Just add Discord" technique. :pinkiecrazy:

Funny you mention him, the ending almost involved him. Basically he was going to pop out and admit that he summoned Spyro here to ask him an important question. He wanted to know if a movie had a sequel :rainbowlaugh: But it seemed too silly.

Are you sure the story seemed to end too quickly? 3968021

3968028 Perhaps it was me expecting the story to be, as you put it, more of an epic.:unsuresweetie:

But although a good portion of the story is in fact leading up to the show, it just never seemed like it was going to be 'the end". And when It turned out to be, it hit me like an invisible wall in a free roam game, suddenly and completely unexpected. :ajsleepy:

I had been expecting some other plot device to come along or something. (SEASON 4!!:derpytongue2::rainbowwild::pinkiecrazy::trollestia:)

But most of all, it was the "everything fixed in the last few minutes" thing that really makes it seem like it ended too quickly, as it makes the ending feel rushed.:trixieshiftleft:

BTW, That Discord part would have been pretty funny (if not entirely silly):rainbowlaugh:

I know it would have, also nothing is perfectly paced. Maybe I still have some things to learn when it comes to writing. But its over with now, what's done is done. Hopefully you will stick around for my other stories. 3968164

3968183 Count on it:twilightsmile:

*apologies if I seemed nitpicky. :twilightsheepish:

Not at all, I can get that way for stories all the time. I especially get that way for video games :pinkiecrazy: 3968200

Another great story in my collection. Thanks, Cold Spike.

Awesome story. The characters were portrayed very well. From the references to past episode to Trixie stuttering about to say Trixie but says I instead. I would love if you would make a sequal or another one of these types of stories. With birthday candles and party hats,
Bubble Berry

I really enjoyed this story... There seamed to be a bit of some lacking moments here and there... Claws could have been featured in the story more promenetly. Though I think if he was not the the story at all it would not have made much a diffrence...

It was a great story... Pinkie as a mom was done fairly well... I don't think I could have done any better honestly... It was a great story. Though perhaps i'd like to see a story based on Claws life in ponyville. Or have you already done this? I've not looked...

Either way its a good story... Thanks so much for writing it!

:pinkiehappy:

If there are any regrets (other then the ending and now I have to go through each chapter and edit them :pinkiecrazy:) its that I kind of gave Claws the middle finger... A good writer would have either developed him more as a character or at least given a good reason why he cannot be shown more often. But oh well and no I have not written anything about him, sorry.

Glad you enjoyed it though! :pinkiehappy: 4025206

4025375 Yes it was done well... keep it up! :pinkiehappy: I always love reading well done fics... I have to admit you'rs was lacking in one or two areas but besides that it turned out rather well... Thanks for wrighting it... It opened up a new world to my mind and I always love it when that happens... :twilightsmile:

I take it you aren't going to write a sequel are you? :scootangel:

4051450 ....Honestly...I think you're lying...Or at least confused. I don't personally remember the rhyme, as it's been a while since I looked at whatever it was, but I can clearly remember it being a piece of rancid vomit. Mine may not be much better, but there's no redeeming either.

edit; Oh, and with Zecora's accent? It does rhyme. There are two types after all. Consonant end-rhymes, and vowel rhmes. Mine was a vowel rhyme, rather than a consonant rhyme.

4228694 But... but... Tigers aren't on his island :pinkiesad2:

4563510 You're going to have to be more specific :pinkiehappy:

4563516 MY BRIAN IS DEADFUSED!!!!DEADFUSED IS A WORD NOW

4563538 :duck: FUCK THIS IMA OUTA HEAR

4563543 Mhm, mhm... in all seriousness, what is wrong with the story?

4563546 :pinkiecrazy: being mane (pun) character

This needs a sequel.

4607518 I may still do one... I had a funny idea of a human girl showing up :rainbowlaugh:

4680873 That's assuming I know what you're talking about.

4722286 First of all, that's fanimated, and second, I want to play that game.

4728812 He was playing an arcade game in one of the CMC songs from the show.

Login or register to comment