• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 2,024 Views, 45 Comments

A Mask Named Majora - Dihinner



Majora desides to mess with link again

  • ...
3
 45
 2,024

The First of the Final Hours

The sky was on fire. Twilight Sparkle stared at the sky in sadness and terror. But, there was not much to see in the sky. For it had been taken up by one large unmistakable object.

The moon.

Nopony knows how exactly it happened. Luna had been trying restlessly to try and prevent its descending. Many others have collaborated to gather to try to stop it.

They probably would have succeeded if they had more time.

But, not much can be done in three days’ notice. Everypony had gathered on Sweet Apple Acres to live out their final hours. All but one.

A small green colt had been spotted in town three days prior to this one. He didn’t speak much and was often running around asking for directions and where he was. His name… escaped Twilight. ‘I hardly think me knowing his name really matters now,’ she thought as she gazed at the moon once again. Pinkie pie had decided to construct a clock to announce when the Summer Sun celebration was started, which was in five minutes. The sound of the bell's ringing filled the air. ‘Just our luck, on the biggest celebration of the year we are all going to be killed by the moon. Oh, the irony.’ A shaking knocked over some nearby ponies. A shockwave caused by the moon. Many were huddled near loved ones as they watched in fear as the infernal space rock grew closer. Twilight failed to notice Spike as he walked up to her.

“Uh, Twilight,” he said, “What is going to happen when the moon crashes?”

Twilight stopped, and told him quietly, “When the moon crashes, we are all going to die Spike.” ‘No point lying to him now.

“Yeah but, what about the ones who will survive?” he asked. Twilight continued to stare at the moon.

“Nopony is going to Survive Spike. The moon is too big for anything to survive,” said Twilight, she was crying softly now, “I just wish we had more time.”

Spike nodded sadly, “where are your friends?” he asked.

“There all huddled with their family somewhere around here,” replied Twilight.

“Maybe you should go see them?” he asked, “if you go I won’t mind.”

Twilight shook her head, “no Spike, they are with their families. I shouldn’t take them away from them during their final moments.”

He nodded glumly and asked, “How much time do we have left?”

Twilight stared at the position of the moon and where the large clock was and sighed, “About two minutes.”

Spike nodded slowly, “this is it then?”

Twilight also nodded, “I guess this is.”

The two watched the moon descend on the seemingly empty clock tower. Little did anypony know, there was something on the clock. Two ponies, green and brown, were confronting a slightly larger purple one. It stared at the green one with rage.

“YOU! Why can’t you leave me alone?! You beat my game and hit me! What more do you want you bully!” it screamed. The green pony glanced at what the purple one had in its magical grip: a small blue wind instrument. The purple one noticed this. “You want this?” it asked raising it in the air slightly, “well TOO BAD! You cheated and now I get this… thing,” the purple pony said smugly, “what are you going to do about it? Cry?” it taunted.

The brown one glared at the purple one, “give it back to him!” she said.

“Oh and what are you going to do about it you stupid horse? Kick me?” it laughed as it floated higher into the air.

“In case you haven’t noticed, you’re a horse too,” she said.

“Phhf, so what? Soon you’ll be ashes like the rest of these dumb horses,” is said in a childish tone, “and I’ll still be whole and laughing at you because you lost! HA, HA, HA!”

The green pony was silent, he never was one for words. He guessed he could jump and grab the blue object but he needed a distraction. He glanced at his partner, Epona, she nodded and leaped into the air and grabbed the purple ponies back left hoof in her mouth.

“HEY! No fair! You’re not allowed to bite!” it shouted, dropping the blue object out of its grip. The green pony started to run towards it. It did not go unnoticed by the purple one.

“NO FAIR! You can’t take that! Its cheating!:it shouted as it beat Epona’s head and started to quickly float over to the blue object. Epona replaced her grip on the purple pony’s leg and shouted at the green pony.

“HURRY LINK!”

Link dove for the object and clamped his teeth around it. He spat it into his hooves and brought it up to his mouth. The tower shook, he had to do this fast. Trying to remember the song, the purple pony crashed into him making him lose his grip on it. It fell and landed near the edge of the tower.

“Oh no you don’t!” cried the purple pony as it and Link raced for it. Epona ran as well in an attempt to grab the purple pony.

“GAH!” It yelled as Epona bit its leg again. “LET GO OF ME!” it shouted, trying to shake Epona off.”

“NEVER! She said, her voice muffled by its leg. “HURRY UP LINK!”

Link had grabbed the object just as the purple pony shook Epona off. He kicked her head until she fell into unconsciousness. He stared at link in pure rage.

“What are you trying to prove!” it yelled, “Nobody ever beats me, not you, not her, not the stupid sales man, not even the meanie Fierce Deity! I am MAJORA!” it screamed as it brought down the moon even faster than before.

Link desperately wanted to help his friend Epona but had no time, ‘don’t worry, next time you see her, she’ll understand.’ He thought as he started to play the mysterious blue instrument in his hooves. The notes of the song echoed throughout the town abandoned town of Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acers. Twilight raised her ears at the sound of the calming notes that filled the air.

Then everything started to move in reverse.