• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 3,892 Views, 126 Comments

The SinEater of Equestria: Cataclysm - DVB



Woe to he fated to bring about the great change of the world, for he must accept the burdens of all

  • ...
8
 126
 3,892

Chapter II- Wedding Crasher

Chapter II: Castle Crashing

Anomaly was sitting on a stone. He couldn't escape. He tried ways of teleporting himself back home. But he couldn't. He was stuck here. Had he not been in a state of worry, he would probably be gushing over being a human in Equestria. He took a deep breath.

It didn't matter. He will make the best of this situation. Seemingly self-assured, he began the task of what to do now. He looked back at the castle. He remembered Twilight and Princess Cadance going there. He needed to go there to investigate the situation before seeing a spider.

It was a bold jumping spider to be exact. Following on impulse and ignoring his squeamish moment, he grabbed the spider and began to inflate it like a balloon. It grew and grew until it's main body was the size of a London double-deck bus. Anomaly got on his new companion before putting on a mask and spray-painting themselves with water.

Because water’s like transparent paint, so painting something with water will turn you transparent. "What's the point of having these powers if you can't have a little fun with them?" Anomaly said whenever he felt his subconscious wonder what the hell they were doing.

Anomaly cringed for a moment. That was a bad joke. However, any humor was welcomed in dealing with all of this.

“You need a name. I think I will call you… Duke of Crawlington,” Anomaly said to the giant spider as the Duke was looking around. He then pointed to the palace. Duke crawled his way there before oozing up the wall. Anomaly decided to observe the situation and couldn't believe what he saw.

Princess Celestia laid there, defeated by the Changling Queen, Queen Chrysalis.

"What are these things?" Anomaly demanded to know. He got to find out up close and personal as a Changeling flew into his face. In annoyance, he grabbed it and faced it. "All right, spill everything you know," he told the thing. It was chittering in what he presumed was Changeling.

Anomaly gave a stony-look before capturing the Changeling in a jar with holes on the lid. He put the large jar on the Duke before noticing the other Changelings coming after him. The Duke took action by putting them all into a giant net of web and the Changelings were chittering and arguing.

"ENOUGH!" Anomaly shouted at them and they ceased their buzzing and movement. They became complacent for now, lest they may be fed to the giant spider.

“So… the Queen disguised herself as Cadance and siphoned off of Shining’s love for his bride. The power was strong enough to defeat the Princess. He saw Twilight and the others head to get the Elements of Harmony, right where he left them.

He had to be careful.

One wrong move and he would end up as their second victory. He saw the swarm head toward them.

“Well, I better wait for the swarm to capture them,” Anomaly said before he made a giant bugzapper appear on the castle. As the changelings flew to it, they got shocked and fell to the giant net placed below.

“I wonder where Luna is…” Anomaly said before he realized that perhaps Luna cane come and save the ponies.

He took out parchment and a pen and began writing a note for Princess Luna. She and her guards would be able to help qualm the invasion. She could fight the Queen and then Twilight and the others save Celestia and the two take her down. He hoped Luna would not go Nightmare Moon though he doubted it. He would not interfere unless he absolutely had to.

It wasn't as if he wanted to play hero. He wanted to go and help. But he was afraid. Twilight only reacted out of desperation and while she may or may not back him up, he recalled the shunning the wedding guests did. He didn't want to end up in stone or something like that.

Once he finished writing the note, he folded it into an origami chicken and watch it fly over near an open window where Spike was.

And who said chickens couldn’t fly?

Spike was shaking. There wasn’t much he could do. Princess Celestia was trapped in a giant chrysalis, Princess Cadance was trapped by slime while Twilight and her friends went to get the Elements. Spike could not help but look down in shame.

Twilight was right. They fell for right for the trap. They were too busy with the wedding to notice the imposter’s quirks. He hoped she would be all right. Spike then saw something nearby.

It was an origami chicken… with writing. He walked over quietly to pick it up and read it.

“Princess Luna,

We need your help! Cadance was revealed to be the Queen of the Changelings, pony-like bug parasites that feed off of love and can shape-shift. The Queen, Chrysalis, was strong enough from feeding off of Shining Armor’s love to beat Celestia.

Help save us!

-Somepony,”

He sighed in relief.

'Awesome idea. Some brave anonymous pony wrote this note and placed it near me for me to send it to her' he thought before he made the note vanish to Princess Luna with his breath.

Anomaly just watched his plan unravel before seeing the changelings trying to knock the bugzapper off and free their dazed comrades. Anomaly conjured a large fan and proceeded to blow them away. He looked over as he wondered why he didn't go. He could save them and become their new idol.

Wait, where did that come from?

He looked at his hands and wondered what he could do. Discord was able to affect Ponyville, but didn't bother to change Equestria or the other places... What about him?

"I'm not Discord..." he repeated as he began to realize the other meaning of those words. He shuddered before clench his fists and shook his head.

“Come on, get a hold of yourself…” Anomaly said to himself. The Duke made a slight cooing sound as he looked up at his master. His big eyes were filled with worry.

Anomaly smiled slightly.

“I’m alright…” Anomaly said before he hesitated. ‘I hope…’ he muttered so quietly he even wasn’t sure if he heard it.

Anomaly was broken from his identity crisis to see the changelings drag in the Mane 6.

He decided to act. He would need to save them, even if he had to do some... underhanded work.

Anomaly made his way in and lied down on the ceiling, upside-down. Once he saw Twilight, he stretched his arm and picked her up.

Twilight was trying to struggle from the hold the changelings had on her. She saw Cadance’s look. She had failed them. She also looked in horror at her mentor being encased in the cocoon. She then felt a warm hand wrap around her and lift her up. As she was being lifted, she noticed her body becoming transparent…

She saw the strange being called Anomaly. Before she said anything, he put his other hand on her mouth. "Look..., I said I wouldn't interfere, but I'm not mean or heartless. I wanna help, but I need you to trust me and do as I say," he said.

"Why?" she asked him, a bit angrily. She was understandably upset going through all this. He rolled his eyes before looking her in the eyes. "Let's look at what we have so far. Your friends let you down. I don't care how crazy you sounded, you're their friend! You did all sorts of amazing things and you knew her better than almost anyone," Anomaly whispered to her.

"I'm the one who saved you. I'm the one who helped with Princess Cadance. What about your friends? Did they even apologize?" he said in his whisper. He was quiet about it, but he admitted he was pretty disappointed in them about all this. While he had little time back then to ponder it in his amnesiac state, now he was able to fully think it. He didn't like it a bit. He let out a breath; they probably had reasons, but this turn of events was certainly preventable.

“I… I…” Twilight began mumbling as she was thinking. She didn’t want to admit it, but he was right in some points. While she and her friends were getting the Elements, nopony apologized. She hasn't felt this helpless since… Discord. She felt his hand wipe her tears away as he looked at her. Would she really…?

“THOU SHALL PAY FOR THY INTRUSION, CHANGELING QUEEN!” a familiar booming voice said. Twilight smiled and so did D, but for different reasons. While Luna’s Guards began assisting Celestia’s Guards, the princess herself stood in front of the Changeling Queen, looking quite surprised.

Before Chrysalis could say anything, Luna launched herself and delivered a painful left hoof right in the Queen’s face.

“Nice shot,” he commented as he saw the Queen get Luna off and kicked her away.

Luna fired beams of pale blue energy at Queen Chrysalis who dodged and fought back with her own green energy beams. Unlike Celestia, Luna was not taking chances. One hit and she was done for.

Twilight could only watch the showdown with trepidation. Luna was barely dodging the attacks. Queen Chrysalis was not giving her any chance to try and free Cadance or Celestia.

Before Luna could try and attempt to become Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis saw her opportunity and knocked her back. Anomaly cringed before saying: "This isn't good. Looks we don't have any choice..."

He was right. She wasn't sure about much right now, but she knew Anomaly was the only hope Equestria had.

She would do it for Celestia and Luna…

She would do it for Shining and Cadance…

She would do it for Spike and her parents...

She would do it for her friends…

For the sake of everypony…

"Okay, I'll do whatever you want. Just stop this without hurting anypony," Twilight said to him with a resigned tone.

He knew Luna wouldn’t stand a chance against Chrysalis, at least without becoming Nightmare Moon. How that fight would fare he didn’t know, but Chrysalis had her army so she would have lost eventually.

He just needed Twilight to realize what the only option she had left was.

“We’ll work out the details later, but I will say you I will not force you to do anything against your will. In essence you will be my… assistance? Fledgling? Follower? Companion?” Anomaly said before another quick flash of blue light reminded him of the cataclysm at hoof.

Anomaly bit his thumb. When he saw it bleed, he looked shocked. Instead of being the familiar crimson, it was a multitude of colors. It was thick, bright and multi-colored... Each drop was a different color and it shimmered. He shivered…

He wasn’t human…

Not anymore…

"Is Discord's power too much for my body to handle in its current state?" he thought to himself as he gave a herculean effort to restrain his insecurities about all of this. He wasn't facing these issues, just repressing them.

While Twilight did not see the blood, she did see the lone tear escape down her new... friend’s eye. When he faced her, she saw something….

Fear…

Loneliness…

Sadness…

There’s something not right with him… and he knows it, Twilight said before she let out a squeak in surprise. He was about to draw on her cutie mark. He snapped out of his trance to notice.

“Oops… sorry about that. Was in a haze,” Anomaly admitted before he began drawing a symbol on her other leg. It was kinda like a second cutie mark though this was something else...

A mark of their friendship perhaps?

Anomaly finished before pressing his two fingers on it and a warm sensation flowed over Twilight. He removed his fingers so she could look at the mark.

It was an A. A rather ornate looking A. It was simple and was recognizable as an A, but it stood out. It was a symbol of uniqueness.

Twilight looked at the mark and retained her upset look. He looked at her and tried to reassure her with a smile. Twilight managed to give a half-hearted smile back.

“All right then. Let’s go save everypony then…” Anomaly said as he grabbed the shadows and surrounded himself with them. He put Twilight Sparkle down.

“Twilight Sparkle, are thou all right?” Princess Luna said suddenly, which prompted Queen Chrysalis to blast Princess Luna to the wall.

“All that’s left is you,” Queen Chrysalis said as she stood above Twilight Sparkle. For the first time since this mess happened, Twilight Sparkle was calm and not worried.

“HEY CHEESE LEGS!” a voice broke out, unfamiliar to everypony but Twilight and Cadance. Cadance smiled.

Thank you for coming… she thought as she saw the shadowy figure land. She and Twilight could not help but giggle at the nickname he gave the Queen.

Queen Chrysalis tried to process what was happening. She was at the cusp of victory when this stranger came and mocked her.

“How… HOW DARE YOU?!” Queen Chrysalis yelled before she launched a green beam. Anomaly simply tilted his head to avoid the shot, having his snarky smirk on his face.

“All right, time to end this game…” Anomaly said as he held a glowing hand out of his cloak of shadows while Twilight’s horn began glowing.

Author's Note:

Author’s Notes: And that wraps up Chapter 2! Well, things will progress as the consequences of Twilight’s pact will be revealed and Anomaly’s struggle continues…

Preview for Chapter 3!

”Twilight… I am afraid it has to be this way…” Anomaly said as he wiped the tears from her eyes.

“But… they’re my friends… and… I don’t know…” Twilight said as she lied down and covered her head with her hooves.

“Well... you may trust your friends, but... I really kinda don't,” Anomaly said as he picked up Twilight like an infant.