• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 3,891 Views, 126 Comments

The SinEater of Equestria: Cataclysm - DVB



Woe to he fated to bring about the great change of the world, for he must accept the burdens of all

  • ...
8
 126
 3,891

Chapter IX- Royal Encounters

Chapter IX- Royal Encounters

Twilight Sparkle watched as Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy ask Anomaly some questions about his kind. Spike was lying on Twilight’s back, listening to the answers, but overall resting from his experience and just being happy Twilight is back with them. Shining Armor and Princess Cadance were escorting them back to Equestria.

Now, Anomaly had been feeling pretty nervous. He knew he could no longer remain in the shadows and was now accompanying the Mane 6 to Canterlot.

To meet the Princesses.

He decided to take his mind off to indulge in more questions from the ponies. He already explained a few things such as wearing clothes, activities and he was wrapping up the explanation of being an omnivore.

“…So, from what I figure, because of the Ice Age, we had to adapt to eating meat to survive. To be honest, it is a personal choice whether you wish to consume meat and to wish extent you want to. Considering my powers, I could literally make my own food from thought,” Anomaly explained.

“Next question,” he presented.

“How did you know about us?” Twilight decided to ask. The other ponies, even Shining and Cadance grew interested. Anomaly took a breath to try and explain. This was going to be difficult.

“It’s complicated though here is what I believe. Every story, every idea and so on, exists in the omniverse. Yes, Rainbow Dash that means there is a Daring Do. However, through… vibrations or some other way… we get acknowledgement of this through dreams and or ideas. In my world, we know of you as a popular series of cartoons or animations,” D explained to them as well as he could. His facial expressions indicated that he didn’t know how else to.

He figured movies and such existed. After all, there is a place called Applewood, so he assumed there were movies. They seem to nod, though there was confusion all around.

They looked to Twilight Sparkle who reassured them she will try and explain later. She found it fascinating about all of this. It was truly a wondrous and wild field of science and magic she was eager to research.

Speaking of… she thought of Princess Celestia. She was so caught up in all of this, she wasn’t sure how the Princess would take this. Twilight’s head was abuzz with a plethora of scenarios playing in her head and the rush was starting to make her quite agitated.

Spike, sensing her agitation, hugged her while giving a comforting smile. Twilight visibly relaxed at the gesture. Despite his newly acquired power, Anomaly was looking the most nervous. Granted, he was meeting the powerful princesses who he may or may not exceed in power, but he lacked the vast wisdom they gathered from millennia of experience.

Eventually, they arrived at Canterlot Castle. Shining Armor and Princess Cadance awaited outside. The Mane 6 and Spike stepped in, Anomaly deciding to remain in the shadows for the time being. After all, he had time to introduce himself, but this was the time for Twilight and the Princesses.

Slowly, they entered the throne room. There, awaiting them were Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Zecora. Neither Twilight nor Princess Celestia dared make a move, though Twilight looked a bit surprised at Zecora’s presence.

Twilight looked down in indecision only to see Anomaly briefly in the shadow and gave her a smile of encouragement.

“My faithful student…” Princess Celestia began before Twilight Sparkle simply ran and wordlessly embraced her mentor and mother figure, tears beginning to wet Celestia’s coat.

Having lived many long years, Princess Celestia was not one to show her emotions often. The solitary centuries of her rule had enforced her to remain strong. The last time she cried was in her reunion with Luna. However, she was overjoyed and relieved that her faithful student was not only safe and sound, but she has forgiven them.

Princess Celestia returned the embrace as she also let her tears fall. No words were stated nor were they really needed. The actions conveyed the feelings that needed to be stated.

Pinkie Pie was doing her best not to bawl like she did when Luna and Celestia were reunited. Rainbow Dash was furiously trying to wipe any loose tears while Applejack adjusted her hat to not show her wet eyes. Rarity smiled tearfully at the scene along with Fluttershy and Spike.

Princess Luna also smiled, relieved that everypony was okay while Zecora did likewise.

Anomaly also watched the situation with his own smile. He had risen from the shadows and was doing his best to hide behind a pillar.

“I am happy to see you Twilight, but who’s the one trying to hide from sight?” Zecora asked.

…Horseapples

Anomaly stepped out from behind the pillar. He was in different garment this time. It seems to be a medieval styled black tunic with a hood, though off along with some gray pants and some fabric boots. The tunic has several gold ornamentation on it, on the back was a partially eclipsed sun and moon. In front, there was an ornamental and rather unique-looking A emblazoned on the sun and moon. It brought many words to Twilight's mind.

Asymmetrical, atypical, abnormal, aberrant...

...Anomaly

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stood straight as they say the strange figure in front of them. They could sense powerful magic from him… stronger than theirs…

In fact, it was reminiscent of Discord…

However, Celestia also noticed the posture. He looked rather… passive and worried. Her eyes trailed to the eyes of her little ponies. Their eyes had no fear of him.

Shining Armor and Princess Cadance escorted them here and they were also unafraid of him. They were not hostile to him and they saw no hostility in him.

“Who are thou?” Princess Luna asked after the silence dragged on for what seemed to be an eternity.

Anomaly stood nervously before Twilight pushed him forward with a bit of magic. He faced her and the others. Twilight Sparkle was giving a smile. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were nodding in support. Pinkie Pie was bouncing up and down while Rarity and Fluttershy also had on smiles. Spike even gave him a thumbs up.

The human took a deep breath to calm himself.

“My name is Anomaly… a human. Discord attempted to use me as... his champion against you and all of Equestria. He gave me free rein and his power to do what I pleased. He wanted to me use the power for whatever whimsy I wanted; any act, large or small, was free to be carried out and ultimately expected me to lose myself to it," he began. He took another deep breath.

"I had no choice. Discord could have chosen someone much worse... His whimsy picked me and so I was brought here. However, I would not lose myself. I used the magic for some quirky actions, but I refused to cause trouble. To that end, I went in and alongside Twilight, we banished the Changlings out of Canterlot. However, your student made the decision to make a pact to me. During the reception, I expressed the urge to leave, motivated by the fears I had for not just myself, but for her.

Ultimately, the return of the Crystal Empire led Twilight and then myself to intervene. Through this, I realized I couldn't be afraid. So, my new friends helped me muster up the courage to stand before you, your highnesses," Anomaly said before he bowed to them.

The Princesses of the Sun and Moon looked at one another. To think that Discord would recruit a human. However, in terms of friendship... of trust... of doing right... Discord did not understand that. Who wouldn't want to do this, in his eyes? Yet, this lack of judgment benefited them. With Anomaly on their side, there will be much less to worry about in the future. The ponies now had an almighty guardian.

“Don’t be so nervous. I hear your words and from the actions you have done, you more than proven yourself a good pony… er human,” Princess Celestia stated to him with a kindly smile.

“Thou truly are good at heart. Welcome to Equestria,” Princess Luna added.

Anonaly sighed in relief before he smiled at them.

“YAY! We beat two villains and we got a new super-powerful friend! It’s time for a Glad-Everything-Turned-Out-Okay-In-The-End Party!” Pinkie Pie stated. Everypony seem to smile and laugh with mirth, Anomaly most of all.

It looks like things will be okay after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So what will you do now?”

Anomaly snapped from his musings to see Princess Celestia sitting in front of him. He turned to see everyone enjoying themselves at the party. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were being competitive in the games, Rarity and Spike were dancing. Fluttershy was flying along with Philomena and Elder, the two birds being quite close to one another. Twilight Sparkle was showing Zecora and Luna a new game and Pinkie Pie was helping herself to the cake.

It appeared the party would start going into full swing as Pinkie Pie’s infectious cheer began spreading all around.

“I suppose I’ll stay at my castle. I’ll visit my friends in Ponyville, but I guess I’ll be working on my own projects. I don’t think Discord is gone. He’s too cunning to not have a fallback plan. All I can do is prepare for any situation I can think of,” Anomaly explained to the Princess as he smiled at all that occurred.

“A wise decision. It is fascinating the parallels our worlds have in terms of geography,” Princess Celestia stated, as she recalled their earlier talk about Equestria and the rest of the world.

“…You and your sister knew about humanity, didn’t you?” Anomaly said in a quieter voice, looking at his reflection in his tea. The tea was green tea, from the eastern side of the world. If he recalled currently, the Far Eastern lands were called Chineigh, though he may be wrong, he wasn’t sure.

Princess Celestia’s smile faltered a tad before she took a sip. “Yes. We admit we know little of your world, though we are aware of the lack of magic on your world and the… temperamental nature of humanity,” The Princess stated before she decided to ask the billion bit question.

“Would you choose to go back?”

Anomaly began weighing his options. He looked at the reflection at his tea once more. He recalled the happiness he had with his family. Despite that, he had to set out to do what he wanted to do in life. They would understand, although they would miss him. He would visit them occasionally, he owed them that.

But to go back and live at his home world…

He needed to be honest with himself.

“Probably not.”

Princess Celestia raised an eyebrow at him.

“Don’t get me wrong. I have no contempt in my kind. In fact, I believe in humanity. Whenever someone starts saying bad things, I’m the first to counter. I can name you examples of many great individuals of humanity. However… I never really had friends. Not only that, I never really fit in with normal society. Of course, there are oddballs in all societies, but I was granted the opportunity to be here, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.”

“Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie… even Zecora, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence and now you and your sister…”

“All of you are my friends,” he explained to her as he faced her with a smile.

Princess Celestia looked a bit surprised. However, her look turned to one of approval.

“I am happy to hear that. I hope your life is one filled with joy,” she stated to him. Anomaly took his own sip before he looked at her and something occurred to him.

“Princess… I know you had to do a lot during the long time you were in charge… but if you or Luna need to talk to someone, just as a friend, you have me,” he told her. Anomaly was well-versed in fiction and a lesson he learned was that immortality brought a great burden, especially isolation.

He felt a stab of pain... of the thought of how the princesses must live... what would happened to them?

Now that surprised the Princess. For a brief glimpse of a moment, he saw the multitude of emotions that flashed across Celestia’s face. It was sadness, shock, gratitude and joy…

It all the more stirred the curiosity in him, wondering about her past. He was unsure if he was immortal. Questions needed to be answered, yet all he could do was express that he could be there for them.

However, the next second, the regal and calm mask of the Princess slipped back on, though the traces of the gratitude were still there.

“Thank you.”

“Hey Anomaly! Are you planning to court the Princess?” Pinkie’s voice rang out, breaking the two of their conversation. Anomaly dropped his mug and turned an impossible shade of red. Princess Celestia actually began laughing.

Not just giggling, a full-out laugh. It rang across the room like harmonious bells. Princess Luna stared amazingly at her sister. It had truly been millennia since she heard her sister laugh and was unable to contain as she took began laughing alongside her.

It wasn’t long before everypony began laughing at his expense and even Anomaly himself began laughing. He had a feeling these smiles and laughter was only the beginning.

Eventually, Luna had to raise the moon and it was time for everypony to go to bed. The Mane 6 along with Spike and Zecora were invited to stay in a guest room. Having endured such trials, they all agreed to sleep in the same room, even Zecora, as flattered as could be. Considering that she came in to help them, it was the least they could do.

Anomaly bid them all farewell as he teleported himself to his Clockwork Castle. It then began to whir and hum as flight mode activated. It was a little while but it flew to near Canterlot and attached itself to the mountainside alongside it. He headed to his bed as he looked to Elder in the room and all the others in there.

It was going to be a new beginning indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“SURPRISE!”

D screamed in shock before literally jumping out of bed and clutching the ceiling. He looked down to see who was it that surprised him.

Unsurprisingly, it was Pinkie Pie, who was there with the rest of the Mane 6 and Spike.

“Oh, morning, everypony,” D said as he let go and dropped down like a cartoon.

“Well, we saw your big awesome castle just fly and attach yourself to the mountain so we just haaaad to see it!” Pinkie Pie stated to him with her usual pep.

“We’re sorry if we disturbed your rest, but Pinkie insisted we go off early. Then again, this home of yours is truly a marvel to behold,” Rarity told him as she examined everything around the room.

“I gotta say, this is mighty interesting stuff you made,” Applejack added as examined the minute details the human added as well as the items he created.

“Yeah, yeah, awesome stuff. Hey D, what’s with that heart gem of yours glowing?” Rainbow Dash interrupted.

D turned his head and so did the other ponies. The Empathy Heart was floating instead of lying on its pillow and was glowing with an intense power.

“When the Crystal Heart activated, the Empathy Heart must have reacted by absorbing that prismatic blast,” he surmised. He looked over. He noticed Fluttershy was not in the room. He looked out and saw Fluttershy staring with fascination at the giant caterpillar snoozing in his habitat.

“What’s his name?” she asked him when she noticed he was there.

“That’s the Earl of Crawlington,” D Anomaly said proudly to her. He then saw the Changelings sleeping. “I have an idea on what I’m going to do with these guys. I have been examining Iaiunus to learn more about Changelings and got some interesting information… but that’s for another day," he said as the cogs in his head were whirring.

Beyond his room, D Anomaly began taking the Mane 6 and Spike on a tour, with Elder accompanying them. Besides several guest rooms, there were some kitchens, laboratories, observatories, medical rooms, some blank rooms for miscellaneous purposes, repair rooms as well as some of the important rooms where the machinery is run and such.

Eventually, it was time for the ponies, where D Anomaly teleported them back to Ponyville. Before they left, he told them that if they wanted to visit, they could talk to Twilight. One advantage of her mark is that she can teleport to wherever D was.

D waved good-bye to them before he sent them off. He turned to face Iaiunus and the Changelings. He then summoned the reagents he had obtained.

The horn of King Sombra

A vial of slime from Queen Chrysalis

All he needed was some pony magic as well as a few books.

He looked at the insectoid pony-like creatures. “Once I finish all the details in my head, things will change…” he said cryptically.

“Starting with you, Iaiunus,” D added as he looked at the Changeling.

He looked back at the view. He was so happy at how everything turned out. As Elder flew from his perch to D’s head, he chuckled. He then heard the doorbell.

He wondered who it could be.

He teleported to the gates and opened them. He saw a pair of unicorn guards.

“May I help you?” D asked the pair as he saw they crossed the bridge he made when he attached his stronghold to the mountain.

“Princess Celestia assigned us to be your… chaperones if you will,” Golden Star stated to him. “Don’t mind us or her. It’s just to make sure everything is all right,” Star Silver added. D nodded in understanding.

“The Princess requested that you send her weekly reports to her so she knows how you are doing,” Golden Star stated. D smiled. He was now going to send friendship reports to the Princess just like his pony friends.

He wondered what awaited him…

Author's Note:

A/N: This took WAYYYY longer than it should. I decided to not include too many Pinkies and One Bad Seed in it because it became too difficult to manage. However, Magic Duel will appear and that is where things will begin changing. I will try and update faster. The next chapter, we see the changes occur and finally, Anomaly's plan with the Changelings.

As always, a preview of the next chapter!

"What's this big fancy project about anyway?" Applejack asked the eccentric being as they stared at the marvel they helped create. Anomaly turned toward them and smiled. "Well, the Changelings as they are wouldn't be able to survive. So then arose an idea. An idea so crazy, so bizarre...: Anomaly began before letting the moment of silence continue for the sake of suspence...

"It had to work,"

Anomaly then took little Iaiunus before revealing the other materials he possessed such as Sombra's horn, some slime from Chrysalis and some locks of hair...

"Take your positions, my friends, for something leegndary is about to happen!"