• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 3,893 Views, 126 Comments

The SinEater of Equestria: Cataclysm - DVB



Woe to he fated to bring about the great change of the world, for he must accept the burdens of all

  • ...
8
 126
 3,893

Prologue- The Gray Pony

Author's Note:

Well, I have renamed the fanfic and in the process of rewriting the intro and some other parts to better fit what I have planned. I am also in need of a beta reader.

Prologue: The Pony in Gray

"History is a cyclic poem written by time upon the memories of man.”- Percy Bysshe Shelley


Why?

Why?

Wynaut?

Did I leave the curling iron on?

What is the question of life if 42 is the answer?

What is love, baby don’t hurt me?

Is it coincidence that ‘politics’ sound like ‘poly-ticks’, like poly as in many and ticks as in the wingless blood-sucking parasites?

These and other questions were in the merry-go-round mind of Discord, the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. Ever since his defeat at the hands of the ponies, he had been asking questions. Mainly resulting of his battle before he lost track and asked what ever popped into his mind.

Not much else you could do while being stuck in a petrified limbo.

He would sometimes give great thought to these questions, whether silly or important. Discord felt unpredictable… well more than usual today.

He will do something spectacular! Magnificent! Uncharacteristic!

He will answer an important question.

Why did I lose?

Discord wished he had a glass of chocolate milk to help ponder this. He broke those brightly-colored ponies. He turned into their cutie marks and used their own element against, twisting them until they couldn’t bear it and decided to embrace the opposite. He even broke Twilight Sparkle when she realized that her friends as she knew them were gone.

He had won. Then the ponies came back and shot that freaking rainbow beam at him? He couldn't believe it. He lost… again. To normal ponies no less! He sighed before his mind was about to wander off once more.

No, he was going to try and answer this question.

Discord does what he wants and he wants to solve this puzzle. No one will stop him, not even his impulsive whimsies.

He had replayed the events in his head. He had done everything he did last time and a bit more. Well, as much as he could.

I mean, what did I do the same? I got rid of the elements and broke the ponies so what went wrong?

The same. He continued to compare what he did. The cotton candy clouds, the chocolate rain, checkerboard grounds…

Everything he did had a common theme. He did out of fun. Well, of course he wanted to have fun. He didn't see any other point in having these powers if you can't use them for yourself. There were probably more dangerous ways to use them, but Discord didn't go there.

The little Discord remembered of his youth was the terrible things that some considered 'fun.'

That wasn't fun. That was just plain evil. For Discord, being evil required alot of work. The type of work that was boring.

Discord doesn’t do boring.

And yet… he did. To him at least, he was using the same old tricks, the same old style of things. He loathed to admit, but his Chaos had Order.

His form of it anyway.

It was preferable to many other things, so he didn't see what the big deal was about adding a little chaos to the world.

Discord was not dumb. He prided himself in being a mastermind. After all, learning how to listen to the outside and learn of Celestia’s precious little ponies helped last time.

He needed a new plan...

And then he smiled as he channeled the little magic he could and vanished... astral projection was a boring skill, but could be fun when used right...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stood alone, watching yet not doing.

He appeared either here or there; sometimes everywhere and sometimes nowhere.

From afar or from up close, he gazed upon ponykind like his brothers and sisters watched over the races. He was merely a Witness. A Witness of many things.

His current assignment was observing the preparations for a royal wedding. Nothing too special. He participated in events like these before and was content to be in the background, few aware of his presence.

Curiously, he felt the vibration of his contacting device from the insde of his jacket. He looked at it and his face slightly betrayed his stoic nature and showed mild surprise. He was being summoned.

Like breath on a mirror, he vanished. As far as anyone knew, he was never there.

He reappeared in a room of gray. The room presented little details outside of the twelve torches placed in a circular fashion. The floor below them resmebled a clock of sorts. In the center of it all laid a flickering light... the shadow of their master. The master was unlike any being that was known and possessed powers that could shape the world around with ease. The gray pony walked over to his torch. A basic black torch with a simple fire. Carved on it was his code desgination. One by one, his brothers and sisters arrived.

They were chosen by the almighty ones to act as their agents in the world. The ghostly presence of the being before them surveyed them all. An ancient being, the old one has predated many beings and perhaps even this era. None have actually seen the real form of their benefactor. He approaches the gray and well-suited pony before transmitting the messege.

It was time. Time to bring forth the SinEater.

The gray pony nodded before he and his comrades vanished.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another time and in another place

"Running...

Feet were pounding the pavement as a figure ran through the city during a torrential evening. The cold sweat on his brow was masked by the rain that was pouring onto him...

"Keep running...

Trying to make his way home, he heard footsteps close to his own... He stopped and tried to hear, yet nothing... Again he walked and he heard it again. Only when he walked in place did he catch a glimpse. He couldn't identify it, but it was more than enough to cause a panic.

He was being chased after.

"Must... keep... running!

Exhaustion began to override the adrenaline from the fear and he bega to lumber and slow down. Misfortune smirked upon him and he slipped on the wet path before he collasped, his head smashing against the pavement. Exhaustion and the blunt truama have rendered him immobile... Darkness clouded everything, leaving his last sight of the figure approaching him...

As suddenly as he collasped, he awoke. His head pounded as he struggled to stand. His clothes were no longer wet and he looked around. After what seemed to be an eternity, the throbbing pain in his cranium finally numbed down to a minor beat and enabling to think... the first thought?

"Who am I?"

The environment surrounding him answered him with a stinging cold breeze. From what he could gather, he was on a mountain of some sort. Behind him was an imprint, as if he had fallen from the sky. Nothing except snow and the path headed below was in his sight.

However, something stood out. Partially covered in snow was a suitcase. Curiosity overcoming panic, he stepped lightly through the snow. The suitcase was open, he realized. Inside the gray suitcase was a simple map. Unfolding it with relative ease, it was marked to go to the gardens of a castle that supposedly was but a walk down the mountain.

With no direction, clue or memory, the young man shuddered before trudging down. He followed the path and within a half hour, the visage of the magnificent castle stood in front of his eyes. He admired the beauty before diligence kicked in and he forced himself to continue to walk. He followed the map, arriving at his destination.

He held himself, looking around, in some sort of garden.

The amnesiac looked up to see a stone statue. It was a frightening chimera-like monster with a horrified expression.

"Break me out..."

He jumped, looking around in shock, wondering who was talking to him.

Looking at the statue with skepticism, he asked: "Was it you?"

"Yes, it was me. Now look, we're both stuck in some uncomfortable positions. So how about you help me and I help you?"[/]

He looked at the statue. He couldn't remember much of anything; he didn't know how long it would be. He was in some strange place, alone and scared. What choice did he have?

He nodded, having a horrible feeling deep within him that he may have made a terrible mistake...