• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 4,209 Views, 138 Comments

Infernals - Leo Archon



Two ponies' dark pasts catch up to them. Drama ensues.

  • ...
10
 138
 4,209

Act Three: Abyssal Outbreak

Act Three:

Abyssal Outbreak

"Oh, my stars! I'm simply exhausted, Applejack! So much has happened ever since last week!" Rarity exclaimed as she flopped bonelessly onto a chair outside the cafe.

"Business for Hoity Toity been good, then?" asked the farmer with a knowing smirk.

"You have no idea," moaned the fashionista. "After I re-dyed my mane, I worked double-time on that order for Hoity Toity, finishing the last three dresses I needed, with time to spare! So I decided to 'hang out', as the saying goes, with Sweetie Belle for a day or two."

"Issat why Apple Bloom's got her tail in a bunch?" Applejack asked. "She was kinda upset that Sweetie was too busy t' help solve this mystery th' Crusaders have been working on. They even roped Twilight int' helpin' them, and they haven't had much luck so far."

"Really?" Rarity asked, momentarily forgetting her own exhaustion as she looked up at Applejack. "What sort of mystery could stump our Twilight?"

"Beats me, ah haven't asked," the earth pony replied with a shrug.

Rarity returned the shrug, then sank back into her histrionics. "Anyway, when Hoity Toity arrived, I was a nervous wreck. I thought for certain my designs wouldn't be good enough. But, my fears were unfounded. He praised them, like he did with my Gala dress designs a couple of years ago." She leaned back with a massive grin on her face.

"So, why all th' fatigue?" prodded Applejack, wearing a bemused smile of her own.

"He ordered five of every ensemble I had," the unicorn said simply. "And asked to have them by the end of this week."

Applejack winced. She wasn't big on 'fancy mathematics' as she liked to call them, but even she knew that five times ten was fifty, and fifty dresses in seven days was stretching even Rarity's considerable talent. "So, how long did it take ya t' finish?"

"Five days," groaned Rarity. "I've been cooped up in the Boutique for five days, working on that order. I do believe I've earned a bit of a break."

"No kiddin', Rare," Applejack said with a nod. "Ah know that ah get a bit out of it if'n ah spend more'n four days in a row out in th' fields."

"As you learned that one Applebuck season, no?" came the teasing reply.

"Guilty," the farmer replied with a grin of her own.

As their orders arrived, Rarity pulled herself up from her floppy position, and began eating her daffodil-and-lettuce sandwich daintily. Applejack was less refined, shoving her face into the plate of hay fries.

"Really, Applejack, I understand that you live on a farm, but is proper decorum while eating truly too much to ask?" Rarity asked, with a mock-frown of distaste. This argument was old hat between the two of them, and there was never any heat behind the words.

To her surprise, though, the farmer pulled her face out of the plate, calmly unfolded her napkin, and replied without a trace of her cowpony twang, "If you insist, madame Rarity."

The unicorn was dumbfounded for a moment, until she remembered one detail about Applejack's life. "Ah, aha! I forget sometimes that you lived in Manehattan briefly, dear."

The farmer grinned, switching back to her normal style of speaking. "Eh, ah don't go around mentionin' it all th' time, so ah understand. Ah don't really like talkin' like that, anyhow. Makes me feel like ah'm bein' dishonest t' myself."

"And we all know how much you value honesty," Rarity nodded. "Though, I can't help but wonder how I'd react if I never knew about that facet of your life, and you started speaking like that."

"Ya'd probably try t' rope me into usin' that voice more often t' get yerself inta high places in Manehattan."

"I wouldn't!" Rarity exclaimed, but wilted under the deadpan gaze of her orange friend. "Actually, I probably would."

Applejack smiled. "Glad yer bein' honest, Rare. Now, let's finish up an' – "

She was cut off as a flash of light heralded the arrival of a panicked-looking Twilight. "Oh! There you two are! Come on, we need to get to the library! The other girls are already there!" She'd barely finished before she started running off.

Rarity and Applejack exchanged bewildered looks, but left some bits on the table to pay for their meals, before dashing after the purple unicorn. Being a hard-working farmpony, it didn't take long for Applejack to catch up, and even Rarity managed to keep pace with them. "Twi! What's goin' on?!" the farmer asked.

"I'm not sure!" the student replied, her mane sticking out in places. "All I know is that a letter from Celestia came, telling me to gather you girls by the library, and that it was marked urgent!"

"Well, it seems we're just in time, darling!" Rarity pointed out. "Isn't that a Royal Guard carriage coming towards the library?"

Looking up, the other two mares quickened their pace towards the library, hoping to beat the carriage. It wasn't the typical two- or three-pony chariots that the Royal Guard employed to ferry individual ponies on the Princess's orders. This was a full golden carriage, meant to hold multiple ponies at once. Two Royal Guard pegasi flew in front of it, and two more behind.

The three mares got to the library, just before the carriage touched down. Their other three friends approached from inside. "I take it that's our ride?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'd… assume so," Twilight panted, the exertion from running having winded her.

The door to the carriage opened, revealing a white stallion with a blue mane. "Good, you're all here," Shining Armor said. "Inside, now!"

Twilight's initial glee at seeing her brother lasted less than a second at his brusque request. She and the others obeyed, climbing into the carriage without protest. The moment Fluttershy's tail was completely inside the threshold of the door, Shining's horn glowed, and the door snapped shut. This was apparently the cue for the pegasi, as they took off, carrying the vehicle towards its destination.

"Big brother, what's going on?" asked Twilight. "Princess Celestia's letter didn't give me any specifics."

"While I tell you all that, you might want to put these on," Shining replied, pulling an ornate chest out from under one of the seats. Opening it, he revealed six familiar pieces of jewelry: five necklaces and one tiara, more commonly known as –

"The Elements of Harmony!" Twilight gasped. She began levitating and distributing the Elements to their respective bearers, while taking the tiara of Magic for herself. "Is the situation really that serious?"

"Yes and no," the stallion replied cryptically. "Princess Celestia wants the Elements on standby, mostly as insurance. If all goes well, though, you won't have to do much of anything."

"Captain Armor, I'm getting tired of you evading the question at hoof," Rarity broke in, frowning. "What, precisely, is going on?"

Shining met her gaze. "Technically, it's 'Lord' Armor, since I married Cadence." He sighed. "But as for what's going on… simply put, there's been a breach at the Gates of Tartarus."

All the mares gasped. Even Pinkie Pie knew how serious such an event was. "How'd y'all find out?" Applejack asked, wondering how much damage had been caused.

"Princess Luna," was the guard captain's reply. "She barged into the throne room, completely unexpected, and shouted that there'd been a breach at the Gates."

"Wait, how the hay would she know?" Rainbow asked with a blink.

Shining gave a wry smirk. "Princess Luna commands more than just the night sky, you know. She's also the head overseer of Tartarus, being the predominant user of dark magic in the world. As such, she can detect when there's trouble in Tartarus. And if there's a breach at the Gates, it's… how did she describe it? Ah, it's 'a cacophony of one thousand bells mixed with the screams of one thousand bats, all clamoring in my head'. That's how she phrased it."

Everypony winced. "Is Princess Luna alright?" asked Fluttershy.

"She's fine," assured the stallion. "In fact, she's the one directing the Guard at the Gates at this very moment. We'll be landing near the Gates."

"How bad is the breach?" Twilight queried, nervousness fading now that she was assured the situation was well in-hoof.

"It's pretty sizeable," Shining admitted. "My guess is, Cerberus was sleeping on the job, and a few demons thought they'd get lucky with a jailbreak." He smirked. "Had they tried before Princess Luna came back, they might have gotten away."

"So, what's going to happen? Will we have to hunt down the demons through the woods like professional demon hunters? Oh, wait, none of us has a library with an armory in it. But maybe that's okay! Twilight has a library, so all she needs is – "

"PINKIE PIE!!!" was the collective shout. Even Shining had gotten in on silencing the hyperactive mare. He continued. "Like I said earlier, you're mostly going to be there as insurance. If, for some reason, a demon slips past Princess Luna and the Guard, the Elements of Harmony ought to take care of it."

"Understood," Twilight said with a nod. "You can count on us, right girls?"

"Right!" The fellow element bearers, save for Fluttershy, stood tall and confident as they voiced themselves in unison. The timid pegasus didn't mind Cerberus at all, but the fact she was about to face scary demons sent myriad shivers through her body.

*****

Out in the barren plains stood a large and ominous set of open gates, sporting a decadent gothic structure. There was a roar of agony and fear as a demon was flung through the gate, vanishing into the void on the other side.

Facing the demons was none other than Princess Luna, as she zapped her latest set of opponents and sent each of them flying into the gates. She was lucky to catch a demon that lunged at her in a magical grip, meeting its bewildered gaze with narrowed eyes of conviction. After she tossed the demon back into Tartarus, she called to her squadron of guards. "Keep at it, everypony! Make sure that not a single demon escapes this area!!"

The aforementioned guards were busy fighting their own opponents, though they did not have as much success individually as the Princess of the Night. The leader of the group, Pale Fury, managed to take down his opponent and knock him away before moving to aid his soldiers. "Yes, your majesty!!" He said as he leered his scarred eyes onto his next target.

The battle's rage simmered down with the dwindling number of demons. Luna finally seized the last one and tossed it back into the depths from where it emerged from. As she did so, her ears flicked at the sound of approaching wingbeats. The Princess of the Night looked up to see that her assumption was correct when she noticed a carriage being pulled by four Royal Guards descend and land near her.

The doors opened to reveal Shining Armor and the Elements of Harmony making their way out, only to see that the job was finished. Pinkie frowned upon seeing this. "Awwww, I wanted to fight some demons," She whined, only to instantly wave in her usual chipper mood. "Hi, Princess Luna!!"

Luna was able to smile at the visiting group, knowing that she and her guards managed to finish the job. "Greetings to you all!" She examined Twilight and the others wearing their elements and raised a hoof, "There is no need for further assistance, friends! Your princess has solved this problem easily! We shall see all of you in Canter– !"

"Your majesty!!"

Luna spun to face towards the gates after hearing Pale Fury's call. The guards were all crowded together in front of the gates and struggled with an unseen force. This changed when a powerful bellow was heard, followed by a heavy swing as the guards were flung back to reveal another demon wielding a massive sword.

It was bipedal and stood taller in comparison to the ones that were dealt with earlier, wearing ebony armor mixed with a tattered indigo garb that flowed in the breeze. Part of the garb made up of the hood that covered the demon's skeletal face as its eyes glowed an eerie yellow. Fluttershy was instantly frightened as she quickly hid behind Shining Armor, much to her friends' chagrin. Rainbow Dash and Twilight were equally nervous, though they stood their ground. Pinkie only awed obliviously at the demon's appearance as it leered at the group.

The demon pointed a boned digit at Luna with its free hand as the demon's jaw opened to give way to the powerful voice that was heard before. "You! Are you supposed to be the proclaimed overseer of Tartarus!?" It spoke in a male and commanding tone, albeit condescending.

Luna turned to face the newest demon with a glare. "Verily! And who art thou to address us in such a manner, demon!?" She commanded herself.

The demon laughed and placed his skeletal hand on his chest. "I… am Zabuchrion! And I seek someone worth my strength!!"

Unbeknownst to the rest of the group, Rarity eyed Zabuchrion with a seemingly calm aura; not the least bit threatened by the demon's appearance.

Applejack appeared to be the same way as she looked upon the large sword and contemplated the demon's name, almost wanting to chuckle to herself despite the situation.

Luna stood her ground as her horn glowed. "If it is a skirmish that thou seeks, then have at thee!!" She pawed at the ground.

Zabuchrion took a moment to examine the standing ponies, namely Rarity, and reared his head back in laughter. "I'm to believe that you're what's left for me to face?" He said as he looked back at Luna,"For a warden of Tartarus, you seem to have a good sense of humor!!"

Luna bared her teeth and growled, "Thou would be wise not to bite off more then thou can chew, impudent fiend!!"

Zabuchrion spread out his arms as he held his sword and called out, "Then show me what you're capable of, so-called overseer!! Show me your power!!" He stood to see Luna slowly take the bait, but his gaze slightly shifted towards the alabaster unicorn mare behind her.

Luna called out with her Royal Canterlot Voice, showing that she was taken in by Zabuchrion's goading. "THY HOUR OF RECKONING IS UPON THEE, ZABUCHRION!!" She fired a bolt of lightning, which Zabuchrion easily jumped away from as it blasted the ground where he once stood, causing a small crater.

Zabuchrion scoffed once he landed. "A trifle! Surely one such as yourself can do without such petty aim!! Try and hit me next time! Or is it that your age is finally catching up to you?"

Rarity's eyes narrowed slightly upon hearing Zabuchrion's taunts. Such a detestable creature should be lucky to roam Tartarus and not engage Princess Luna in combat… the fool… The fashionista almost felt compelled to join the fight rather than stand by with her friends and letting Luna handle it.

Applejack noticed her friend's expression and turned to Rarity with an arched eyebrow. Hmm… Somethin' don't seem right with Rarity… Is she that bugged 'bout this Zabuchrion feller?

Luna proceeded to gallop towards Zabuchrion and close the distance between them. The demon had other plans when he calculated the position where he stood as he raised his sword arm. Perfect... He reeled back his sword arm and swung it forward as he tossed it at Luna.

The princess of the night saw this and dodged out of the way. Luna would have uttered a quip to counter Zabuchrion's taunting had she not ignored where the sword was headed. She looked back, and her eyes widened on seeing that the sword was headed straight for Rarity. Luna called over to her, "Rarity!! Look out!!"

The warning came too late. Rarity had been too focused on Luna and Zabuchrion's fight to notice the danger she was in. As such, the warning served only to bring her awareness of her surroundings back to normal, just in time for the sword to bury itself, point-first up to mid-blade, into her chest. The force behind the throw pinned her against the carraige, where she hung spread-eagled for a moment. Then her body fell limp, leaving her looking like some mockery of a foal's prize specimen in their butterfly collection.

Everypony around the fashionista was overtaken by their own shock upon seeing their friend impaled by a demon's blade; the very scene stole their voices when most of them felt the need to scream out Rarity's name.

Applejack was the most shocked, yet was also burning with a steadily-growing ire as she turned towards the cackling demon that dared to slay one of her dear friends. She closed her eyes with a solemn frown as she felt the world around her stop for a moment. This feller's done forced my hoof… After she took a deep breath, Applejack felt a nostalgic sensation of power course through her body; this power was entirely different from her Element of Honesty. Come on, now… Ah know it's been a while, but Ah need yer help…

As she stood, Applejack's mane and tail began billowing in a gust centered on her, as a faint aura began forming around her. Twilight was the first to notice as her shock at Rarity's condition faded. "What the – …Applejack??"

The farmpony did not hear as she continued focusing on the power within her. The sensation coming from her was completely alien to the rest of her friends, the aura around her building to shine a brilliant red-orange. She bared her teeth and furrowed her eyebrows as she gave a light growl. Dern fox… Help me out!! Applejack planted herself in a stable position as the aura around her began to increase both its radius and intensity, whirling rapidly around her as she gathered the attention of her friends. Soon, the faux freckles on either side of her cheeks faded and gave way to her set of whisker lines; both sets slightly growing in size to resemble the stripes on Zecora's face. Her teeth grew sharp in appearance, resembling canine teeth seen on manticores.

Zabuchrion ceased his laughter on noticing the scene before him. He cocked his head in confusion that slowly turned to intrigue. Interesting… so he's not the only one with incredible power…

Even Luna was stunned to see Applejack being surrounded in such a powerful aura. "Tis madness…" She whispered as she stared at the earth pony in front of her.

When Applejack felt that she had achieved a good amount of power, she opened her eyes to reveal red, beastlike irises that leered at her new opponent as she spoke in a low, guttural voice, "Zabuchrion!! Yer dead!!" After a short paw at the ground, Applejack bolted towards the distracted demon. Instead of a regular gallop, however, the farmpony seemed to fly across the ground, barely touching her hooves down before lifting them again, almost rivaling Rainbow Dash's speed while she passed Luna.

The aforementioned pegasus's jaw dropped as she stared at the enraged earth pony, before turning to her friends. "I'm not the only one that's seeing this, right!? Right!?!" She asked in a heavily bewildered tone.

Twilight shook her head as she viewed Applejack with the same awe as her friends. "No, you're not… it's like Applejack became something else the moment we lost Rarity! I don't know how this happened!!"

Fluttershy moved out of her hiding place to watch, with the oddest sensation; it was as if her friend had become one of the many animals she looked after. The timid pegasus blinked at her transformed friend. …Applejack?

Applejack roared in rage as she finally reached Zabuchrion and swiftly turned herself around and positioned herself to buck the demon square in his chest with strength to match her unbridled fury. Zabuchrion gasped in pain as he was sent flying across the wastes, though not into the gates.

Zabuchrion recovered with a hack as he got back on his feet. This one's actually strong enough to face me! No matter… He got up and braced himself for another attack.

Applejack roared again as she leapt at her opponent, right foreleg reeled back for a punch. Zabuchrion managed to block, but he grunted when he felt the force put into the attack. He then proceeded to grab Applejack's foreleg and toss her away; however, the farmpony was able to recover midair after being sent back.

Luna was still stunned at the sudden transformation of Applejack into a near-feral state, but then remembered Rarity as she jerked her head towards the fashionista. I must hurry! All may be lost if one of the elements sheds their mortal coil!! She galloped to Rarity's side as she was held up by Zabuchrion's blade.

-----

Of all the times to be caught up in a fight, this has to be one of them… And to think that I would even succumb to this particular habit of his. Funny; I remember being on the other end of this once, on the top of Temen-ni-gru. But in a way, this reminds me of what I used to seek…

Power… Endless power for me and me alone…

Power to protect those I hold dear…

Without power I cannot defend anypony, let alone myself…

I think, for the first time in this life, it's time to listen to the darker half of my soul.

-----

Rarity's eyebrows furrowed as her forelegs twitched.

Pinkie noticed and gasped. "Everypony! Look!!"

Luna managed to reach Rarity, and also noticed the fashionista's movement. "She is still alive! Step aside, friends! I must keep her from dying!!" But before she could activate her horn, Luna gasped at what was happening.

Rarity, seemingly unconsciously, lifted her right foreleg over the blade that impaled her, and gripped it firmly as she began to pull. To add to the towering shock and confusion from the others, the blade moved out of her chest slowly while it was being pulled.

When it was out entirely, Rarity's horn glowed as it held the blade in a telekinetic grip. The most baffling thing was that there was no wound left behind, nor any trace, save for the blood staining the fasionista's alabaster coat. She then dropped onto all fours, as if nothing happened, and opened her eyes to reveal a cold and calculating gaze. "Now I'm motivated…" Ignoring what could be considered the most shock placed into her friends in one day, Rarity galloped with Zabuchrion's sword in tow, jumping into the fray.

Zabuchrion continued defending himself against Applejack's punches as she was caught in an anger-driven frenzy. When Zabuchrion grew irritated at his opponent's relentless onslaught, he snarled as he laid a punch square in Applejack's face the moment she was open, sending her back several feet from the demon. Zabuchrion chuckled. "I know not where you got this power, little pony, but I must say that you've actually piqued my interest!! Tell me, what is your name?"

Applejack growled. "Th' name's Applejack, and lemme jus' say that Ah'm not in th' mood t' talk right now after what y'all did t' my friend!!"

Zabuchrion nodded. "Good! Now I know the name of the one that actually stood up to me in battle!!" He conjured another sword of the same size as his former one and held it in a firm stance, "Come! Let me end you here!!" Before anything else could happen, he felt a breeze and quickly defended himself on his left when he noticed his old blade clashing against his new one. As expected from you…

He pushed the blade away, and looked to see Rarity wearing a look of cold fury as she levitated her new weapon. "And just what do you think you're doing to my friend, cretin?" She growled. Unnoticed by her, Applejack wore a look of mild befuddlement upon seeing the 'dead' unicorn stand ready for battle.

Zabuchrion scoffed. "So, you're still alive! I suppose I was wrong in assuming that all of Equestria was not ready for conflict!!"

Applejack, shelving her confusion, glared at Zabuchrion as she growled. "Ya'd be mighty surprised t' know what we've been through 'fore ya came along!!"

The demon cackled at that. "As if I'd expect you all to know the horrors of battle!" He pointed his blade at Rarity, "You and your friend's power is to be commended, but it is not enough for what lies ahead!!"

Rarity's eyes narrowed to slits as she readied her sword. "You will fall here…" She uttered coldly.

Applejack pawed at the ground. "Yer cruisin' fer a bruisin', partner!!" She broke into another superequine gallop towards her opponent. Rarity seemed to teleport forward as her sword was pointed towards Zabuchrion. The two mares simultaneously closed the distance and began a double-team on the demon.

Zabuchrion was lucky to evade Rarity's strikes while blocking Applejack's with his sword, but he was gradually overwhelmed by their seemingly primal ferocity. These two may prove to be quite entertaining with their combined strength! But let us see how far they can actually go! He swung his sword at Rarity and Applejack; Rarity dodging the blade while Applejack caught it in a forehoof. "Wh-What!?"

While he was stopped, Rarity saw the opportunity and swung her blade at Zabuchrion, striking him in his side and causing him to stumble in pain. From there, she continued slashing at him as her attacks became both faster and more focused, as if Rarity had practiced the ways of the sword before the fight.

The rational part of Luna's mind told her to join her friends, but she could only watch as the demon suffered under the relentless assault of Rarity and Applejack. Just what is going on!? Applejack being able to channel demonic power? Rarity wielding a sword as though it were second nature? There must be something about them...

Applejack grinned while she held the blade and called out "Alright, Rarity, it's my turn now! Lemme take a few shots at 'im!" She lightly pushed away the blade and began a pugilistic assault at Zabuchrion's chest, the demon grunting in pain with each hit.

Rarity smirked at Applejack's attacks. "It seems to me that your years of labor are paying off, Applejack!" she quipped.

Applejack knocked away Zabuchrion as he skidded a few feet from the last hit. The farmpony did not turn to Rarity, but smiled herself. "An' yer pretty graceful with that there blade!! Looks like we both got some explainin' t' do after this!!"

Rarity finally remembered her friends and felt a small pang of guilt and embarrassment. "Please don't remind me! Let's be rid of this brute and quell this sad attempt at a jailbreak, shall we?" She readied her blade and galloped towards Zabuchrion.

Zabuchrion recovered and readied himself as he ran towards Rarity and clashed swords with a snarl. The two combatants locked their intense gazes as they continuously swung at each other; the blades causing sparks to fly with each clash.

Applejack leaped up in the air and readied her hoof as she soared down. "Forget 'bout me, sugarcube!?" She shouted as she went to strike.

Zabuchrion growled. "Parasites! The both of you!!" He jumped away from Rarity's blade and braced himself for Applejack's attempt as his sword met the farmpony's hoof.

Applejack grinned. "Gotcha!!" While her outstretched hoof rested against the steel of Zabuchrion's blade, she twisted her body and swung a hindleg onto the demon's skull, landing a successful hit as he was brought down.

Rarity quickly galloped up to Zabuchrion and readied her blade. "There!!" She jabbed her blade into the demon's chest.

Applejack jumped away from Zabuchrion the moment Rarity landed her hit, and the fashionista followed suit as she left the sword stabbed in the demon's chest. The two leered at their opponent, thinking that they had killed him, but they both heard the demon breathing deeply.

Zabuchrion continued to breath with his head hung until he began a soft fit of laughter that grew in volume. He faced his mangled head towards the heavens as his jaw opened wide and gave way to a bellow of defiant laughter, nearly provoking Applejack and Rarity. "Yes… Yes!! This is the sensation! The impetus of conflict that he desires! You may actually prove to be good sport for when the moment comes!!!" He pulled the blade out from his chest and let it fall onto the ground with a loud clang before it dissolved into a black mist. He took a step forward, causing the two mares to tense up and prepare for another fight. However, the demon surprisingly changed course, dragging himself towards the open gates as if he were commanded to do so.

Applejack called out in anger, "Where do ya think yer goin'!? Ain't ya gonna stand yer ground an' fight!?"

Zabuchrion gave a dark chuckle as he neared the gates. "You shouldn't worry about me… I would gladly skirmish with you both, but I'm not so much a warrior as I am a messenger!"

Rarity took a step forward. "And just what are you getting at? What's the message that you were so keen to send to us!?" She called out in an interrogating tone.

The demon reached the gates and shifted his head back at a sideways glance towards his former opponents. "That there lies a greater battle for you and the rest of this land in the near future! I am but a herald for one who will gladly grace you with his presence once he sees fit!"

Applejack stomped a hoof. "Who's th' one pullin' yer strings then!? Bring 'im on out here so we can actually settle this!!"

Zabuchrion chuckled once more. "Such spirit! I'm pleased to know that there are beings in this realm that can actually fight! However, I've wasted enough time here. Enjoy your moments of peace, equines, for they might be your last!!" He took one last look at Rarity before he faced away from the group and dragged himself into the gates and disappeared into the darkness.